[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So me and my bud are heading up to Denver for the Broncos, Bengals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (445 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
445 KB, 1920x1200
So me and my bud are heading up to Denver for the Broncos, Bengals game and we're stoked. This is the first Denver game I have ever had the chance to go to. We are heading up a day early and plan to get blazed and have fun up there. My question is what sort of things should we do that day? I kinda don't want to go to a bar or anything because I can do that where I live. Are there any special places we should go now that we have the chance and are there any good unique places to eat?
>>
Also how warm should we dress for the stadium? Is it heated in some way or should we bundle up? I know it's an outdoor stadium but I don't know what to expect temp wise.
>>
I know you said you didn't want to go to a bar, but that's kind of what Denver is known for. I'd suggest going on a brewery crawl. We have literally millions of craft beer breweries, and most of them are really fucking good and unique. To people that only have one day in Denver, that usually what I recommend as the best way to spend it. Even if you don't like beer, all of LoDo (lower downtown) is filled with bars that have great atmospheres, especially on a gameday. Otherwise I'd suggest going up to the mountains but it doesn't sound like you'll have time for that.

Also dress warm and dress in layers. The stadium is open everywhere, even in the concourses. As far as I know, you won't be able to find heating anywhere. You're likely to be in the sun and relatively warm at first, but depending on where your seats are, you could be in the shade for the second half of the game and that can get really cold. Denver is known for having unpredictable, spontaneous weather. So you're best to dress in layers that you can peel off, add on when necessary.
>>
>>64117114
Well at least this was sort of helpful.
>>
Nice blog
>>
>>64117750
Tnx Canadian guy.
>>
File: 1435195607911.jpg (61 KB, 616x519) Image search: [Google]
1435195607911.jpg
61 KB, 616x519
>>64117114
>We have literally millions of craft beer breweries
>Denver has more hipster beer plants than actual people

I almost believe it
>>
>>64117787
I live in Utah so I can already do those things. I wanna visit places hat I normally couldn't. Nothing totally amazing just simple things like unique places to eat. Example there is a place I. Utah that serves weird animal meat like Wild hog, rain deer, gator meat. Also is there any cool malls we can walk around blazed during the day like City Creek in Utah? I mean of course we are probably going to hit a bar or two while we are there but I wanna do and see things I can't in Utah.
>>
Unless it's a bar where only midgets work or some shit like that I don't really care.
>>
Also if Is there is any shady nightclub type places? The more sketchy the better. Like behind an industrial area hatch in the ground walk through a cave type place.
>>
colorado bro here

denver is fun, but go to some non- front range mountain towns like avon, vail, silverthorne, breckenridge, telluride. you won't be disappointed
>>
>>64118130
Examples of things to do In those places and addresses so we can get there?
>>
>>64117834
Check out the Buckhorn Exchange. They're a steakhouse known for having meats you can't get anywhere. If they still do em, get the Rocky Mountain Oysters aka bull testicles.
>>
>>64118223
Sounds sweet I'll look it up.
>>
>>64118191
>ski/snowboard are pretty standard along with the real outdoorsy stuff like ice fishing and hunting (doubt youre going there to do that though) but since it sounds like you want to hit up breweries and pot shops, go get fucked up and snowmobile or go to any of those towns and hit the bars and clubs, nightlife in the more well known mountain towns is actually a good time.
>>
>>64117834
Also go wander around the 16th street mall, the main shopping strip. There's always a lot of people around, definitely some good people watching there when you're stoned.
>>
>>64118276
shit didnt mean to greentext.

boulder is a great town for bars/clubs
>>
>>64118276
Tnx man that what we plan to do for the daytime we just didn't know a good place to walk around or any shows/things going on down there on that day.
>>
>>64118280
Sry that last post was meant for this.
>>
>>64118372
There's always something going on somewhere, just depends what your interests are. I'd also suggest getting to the stadium early to tailgate. If you wander around the parking lot with a case of beer, you won't have any trouble finding a group that'll take you in and show you a good time.
>>
>>64116610
Places to eat: Buckhorn Exchange - Already mentioned; different choices of meat than the usual...It is pretty fucking expensive though.

Prohibition - A neat little restaurant on Colfax with some amazing fucking food and craft cocktails.

Jack n Grill - Very close to Mile High, is famous for its enormous breakfast burrito which has been featured on all the food challenge shows.

I know you don't want to necessarily go to a bar, but the Green Russell is a little speak-easy and pretty neat. They create craft cocktails based on what you like in a drink, you'll almost never get the same drink twice. There's a pretty good restaurant above it, too.

I would recommend staying away from 16th Street Mall..Maybe I've just been there too much, but I find it boring and not worth the time, there are nice outdoor malls to walk around such as Northfield @ Stapleton and Southglenn in Centennial. For enclosed malls, the Cherry Creek Mall is very nice, and the Cherry Cricket restaurant is nearby which has the best burger in Denver.

For touristy stuff, I always recommend the Downtown Aquarium. It's a nice way to kill a couple hours.
>>
Drive out to Red Rocks Amphitheatre too. It's about half an hour southwest of the city and is one of the most well-known concert venues in the world. There probably won't be any shows going on, but it's still a perfect place to spend a day.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 736x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 736x413
Thanks guys this trip is going to be awesome.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.