[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where does Crynaldo place amongst the greats of the game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 14
File: grease.jpg (116 KB, 490x735) Image search: [Google]
grease.jpg
116 KB, 490x735
Where does Crynaldo place amongst the greats of the game?
>>
Top 15 in the 10-15 range
>>
Top 30
>>
Top TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
Next to Pele and David Beckham. The very top.
>>
Number TSUU if I'm honest
>>
File: 1426531067546.jpg (24 KB, 320x306) Image search: [Google]
1426531067546.jpg
24 KB, 320x306
>>64106261
>David Beckham
>>
I'd personally say top 5
>>
>>64106201
Top 30.
>>
After thinking about it for a couple of minutes, the only offensive players I'd put above him are Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo and maybe Zidane
>>
Greatest statsbabby of all time
>>
Players greater than Penaldo:

Pele
Maradona
Messi
Cruyff
Di Stefano
Beckenbauer
Platini
Van Basten
Ronaldo
Zidane
Henry
Ronaldinho
Baggio
Scholes
Iniesta
Xavi
Shearer
Charlton
Rivaldo
Buffon
Maldini
Zico
Eusebio
Baresi
G.Muller
Garrincha
G.Best
S.Matthews
M. Laudrup
Moore
Schmeichel
Nedved
Suarez
Matthaus
Gullit
Romario
Figo
Bergkamp

So you're looking at the 40-50 range
>>
>>64107114
Did you ever watch Stanley Matthews?
>>
where does faggot rate among the faggots of this board? very high up the anal canal. faggot.
>>
>>64106237
>>64106620
This.
>>
>>64107237
faggot
>>
>>64106806
>After thinking about it for a couple of minutes, the only offensive players I'd put above him are Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo and maybe Zidane

>yfw you rated him above Cruyff, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Zico, Rivaldo, Bergkamp, Suarez and Del Piero

Full retard. What has PK7 accomplished aside from a CL and a few meaningless EPLs?
>>
>>64111639
>kuntz
>>
>>64111639
>Cruyff
>Zico
never saw them play and neither did you

>Ronaldinho
le GOAT for 3 years man

>Kaka
don't make me laugh, his career was over at the age of 28

>Bergkamp
what? very good but not even close to the level of other players here

>Suarez
probably the best striker since fat Ronaldo but I'd take prime Cristiano over him

>Del Piero
like Bergkamp, great but a class below GOAT tier. Never really came close to being the best player in the world

>Rivaldo
the only one I'd seriously consider

>What has PK7 accomplished aside from a CL and a few meaningless EPLs?
2 CLs, 1 La Liga, 3 "meaningless" EPLs that just happened to be the best league in the world at that time*
>>
File: 1444787106656.jpg (30 KB, 616x720) Image search: [Google]
1444787106656.jpg
30 KB, 616x720
>>64106245
>>
File: cunt.jpg (24 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
24 KB, 540x540
>>64112829
>>
>>64112813
>never saw them play and neither did you

>tfw saw him play for a charity match after the japanease tsunami
>tfw he was probably the best player I've seen live

He was fat and old, but still managed some 50m passes with absurd accuracy.
>>
>>64114143
pls, go.
>>
>>64112813
Don't need to see Cruyff play to know he was good, revolutionizsed football with his system

Bergkamp is criminally underrated, if you think he's nowhere near Zidane you've probably never seen them play

That being said, Ronaldo is probably top 5 just for the number of goals he's scored
>>
>>64107114
You're sucking off all the players that are only rated by shitskins and stupid britbongs like you
How can people honestly think players like Iniesta and Buffon are anywhere near Ronaldo? 3 Ballon d'Ors pretty much distinguishes him from everyone on that list
>>
Top 5
>>
File: 1449636092803.gif (193 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1449636092803.gif
193 KB, 600x337
>>64120547
Quality post my strayan friend.
>>
>>64106201

Wonder how much time he spends grooming. He probably has a Bateman-like morning routine, twice a day.
>>
>>64107114
>Pele
>Charlton
>Eusebio
>Garrincha
>G.Best
>S.Matthews
>Moore

Nice hipster opninions mate.
>I saw some black and white pictures, they must be good
When will people realise that the level from these ancient times just can't compare to modern football?

They're legends, yes. But comparing them would be like comparing Jesse Owens with Usain Bolt.
>>
>>64120524

Where this meme of Cryuff creating the total football tactic came from?

Rinus Michels was the man behind that system.
>>
>>64120647
>When will people realise that the level from these ancient times just can't compare to modern football?

I think many interpret the question as "who was most definitely the best of a significant era" rather than "who would be best if they all played right now".
>>
>>64120661
But Pele wasn't even significant in his era. He only played in the Brazilian meme league and his WC performances overall weren't that spectacular either.

I wish you were right, tho.
>>
>>64120689
>Pele wasn't even significant in his era

Jesus fucking Christ, and you all have the nerve to insult American's knowledge of soccer
>>
>>64107114
>Eusebio
Mouro detected
>>
2nd after messi
>>
>>64106201
second greatest player of portugal

that pretty much sums it up
>>
>>64121170
He's better than both, Figo and Eusebio
>>
>>64120633
He's overrated by people who never watch football and underrated by people who watch but have shit for brains

Just because he's not as technical doesn't mean he's not top 5, he's got stamina to make runs for the entire 90 minutes, the pace to collect loose balls and the leap to outjump the CBs

There's not a single player in history as well-rounded as him
>>
>>64121391
>There's not a single player in history as well-rounded as him

>not a very talented passer
>does 0 defensive work
>lacks creativity in possession
>the most well-rounded player in history
my sides. He's only a complete scorer, far from a complete player
>>
>>64106201
>Where does Crynaldo place
between the goal line and the penalty spot
>>
>>64121463
Well rounded doesn't mean he's good at everything you inbred cunt, he's only good at things he's meant to be good at. He can shoot, jump, head, position himself in the box, do flick-ons and cross (occasionally)
Sanchez has a much better work rate and is better at tackling and passing, but he's nowhere near as well-rounded because those skills aren't required on a shadow striker
Messi is better at long-range passing and dribbling but those skills are pretty much useless on a player like Ronaldo since his always the furthest up the pitch off the shoulder of the defender, and there's nobody he can pass to
Wing backs also don't venture forward as much when facing Ronaldo because they know how quick he is, so he basically limits their attacking prowess without having to defend
>>
>>64120547
>How can people honestly think players like Iniesta and Buffon are anywhere near Ronaldo?

Seriously? So the greatest goalkeeper of all time who's been world class for almost 20 years and one of the greatest big game players in history with 10/10 technique and who's won every trophy in football while playing a key role in each win are nowhere near C.Ronaldo? Piss off.
>>
>>64111639
>Del Piero
>better than Donaldo

really? Come on now
>>
Greatest of scoring against Malmo and Getafo

Small team destroyer

On the Champions League he morphs into his superform, Penaldo, and takes his shirt off after scoring a penalty besides the game being over already
>>
>>64106201

there's only really one way to answer this question:

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
Somewhere behind Messi tsuuuuu be honest
>>
>>64121952

Iniesta is good but pretty much Modric level, he's won a lot more because he's been at this level for a long time and is in the best international side of all time and the best club side of all time

>Buffon
>Greatest goalkeeper of all time
etc. etc.
>>
>>64122071
>Iniesta is Modric level
you went too far with the bait
>>
>>64122113
Enrique can play Rafinha, Sergi Roberto or even Sergi Samper and nobody would notice Iniesta is gone, Madrid without Modric is literal shit

What can Iniesta do individually that Modric can't do?
>>
Actual non shitposting rankings:

1. Messi
2. Pele
3. Maradona
4. C. Ronaldo
5. Maldini

Anything further back, I haven't seen and neither have any of you.

You could probably put Van Basten, Platini, Zidane, Muller, Cruyff, etc next, but what's the point?
>>
>>64122123
>What can Iniesta do individually that Modric can't do?

>score a World Cup winning goal
>finish 2nd and 3rd in Ballon d'Or voting
>win Man of the Match award in a Euro final
>win Player of the Tournament award at the Euro tournament
>win Man of the Match award in a Champions League final
>assist 3 goals in Champions League finals
All individual achievements that Modric will never come close to getting
>>
>>64122123

TF:TT

As much as I like Modric, he isn't the same kind of player as Iniesta, at all.
>>
>>64122165

yes because he doesn't fucking play for spain, r u dumb?

there is not much between iniesta and modric, iniesta hasn't always played at his peak for a few years now, modric is exceptional whenever he's fit.
>>
>>64122241
Half of those came with Barcelona. Modric is playing for Real Madrid so I can't see what's stopping him from achieving what Iniesta has done at the club level.

Call me when Modric does just one of the things I listed, then we can discuss it.
>>
>>64122267

Please m8, first of all individual awards are a terrible way to judge a player in the first place, secondly the things you have put forward are weak examples regardless.

Ballon d'Or: Came when he was at his peak but more significantly since Uefelona have been buttfucking everybody.

MoM CL final: LOL this was a terrible decision.

3 CL final assists: well he has played more CL finals and plays further forward than modric anyway.

I'm not trying to take away from Iniesta m8 the guy is a fucking magician, but Modric is also a genuinely impeccable footballer, there is not much in it and your arguments are weak like Iniesta's MoM award.
>>
>>64122351
>>64122267

btw Ronaldo is comfortable top 15 of all time and probably top 10.
>>
>>64122071
>Buffon
>Greatest goalkeeper of all time

Ok then who is?
>>
>>64120547
>3 Ballon d'Ors pretty much distinguishes him from everyone on that list

Except Cruyff, Platini, Van Basten, Messi, Ronaldo and Zidane, who all have 3 too. And even then it's a shitty way to judge players considering non-europeans weren't eligible before 1995.
>>
>>64120524
>That being said, Ronaldo is probably top 5 just for the number of goals he's scored

There's a lot more than 5 players who have scored more than him though.

And if we're just using stats to judge who is GOAT, then why isn't Gerd Muller ever considered? 655 goals in 709 apps at club level, 68 goals in 62 apps at NT level, won every trophy there is to win at both club and international level, and is also a ballon d'or winner.
>>
He is the greatest statpadder of all time.

Which honestly is still quite a feat.
>>
>>64122134
The top four here has been extremely consistent as it was made by the "old guard", people that are now very old and for some reason us younger generations have respected their opinion on it, now we have many more ways of entertainment while they just had sports and maybe comics so I guess it just feels like they know their shit.

What's we have here is:

Di stefano
Maradona
Cruyff
Pele/Beckenbauher

For the longest time, Real fans tried to shill that Zidane was to be the fifth, now it's clear that Messi is the one that will be there, probably as #1, even above Di stefano which is an institution here.

Ronaldo would probably make top 15-20, he's a beast and very disciplined, an incredible player no doubt, but he didn't revolutionize anything, or made his own era like the others
>>
>>64122351
>Ballon d'Or: Came when he was at his peak
So fucking what? Are we supposed to compare a 32 years old Iniesta to Modric in his prime? because this is the only way this comparison will be close desu

>more significantly since Uefelona have been buttfucking everybody.
And Iniesta was a big reason for they were buttfucking everybody

>MoM CL final: LOL this was a terrible decision.
Slam dunk of an argument. I admit defeat on this one :^)

>3 CL final assists: well he has played more CL finals and plays further forward than modric anyway.
Are we supposed to penalise players for playing in more CL finals now? Iniesta has performed in every huge final in his career, Modric hasn't.

> but Modric is also a genuinely impeccable footballer
He is, but he doesn't come close to what Iniesta was doing in 07-12.
>>
>>64122387
Based on your logic, Casillas, since he's won more champions leagues and been MOTM in more finals
>>
>>64122508
>been MOTM in more finals
Which finals exactly m8?
>>
>>64122165
Modric can't reach the world cup final nor the Euros final you fucking moron, Iniesta didn't put Spain there himself
Nice comparison there showing that there's precisely nothing Iniesta can do that Modric can't
>>
>>64122548
You ignored half of those achievements that came at club level. Modric is playing for a top 3 club in the world, surely he could do at least one of those things
>>
>>64122508
>based on your logic

i'm not the guy you're arguing with m8
>>
>>64112829
Una vela
>>
>>64122467
Ballon d'Or placing came because trophies that Modric has no realistic chance of winning

Barca buttfucking would not exist if Iniesta played with any midfield beside their golden generation

Iniesta did well in the final but so did Modric? He's got more assists because he's had more game time, not because he's a better footballer
>>
>>64122467

sigh

> Are we supposed to compare a 32 years old Iniesta to Modric in his prime?

yes this is what i said totally

>And Iniesta was a big reason for they were buttfucking everybody

Yes this is true.

The point is that Iniesta's peak came at a time when Barcelona themselves were peaking. He was a phenomenal player playing in a phenomenal team. It is not to take away from Iniesta, but to say that he was flattered: Pedro looking WC in that Barca team too.

>Slam dunk of an argument. I admit defeat on this one :^)
>Iniesta has performed in every huge final in his career, Modric hasn't.

Watch the game again.

>Are we supposed to penalise players for playing in more CL finals now?

u r dumb

>He is, but he doesn't come close to what Iniesta was doing in 07-12.

k, see above.

This is tedious and I don't know why i'm arguing with children on /sp/.
>>
>>64122526
2010 WC final? And wasn't he decent in the 2000 CL final too
>>
>>64122467
Also if Iniesta is one of the greats for coming second in the Ballon d'Or once, doesn't that mean Ronaldo shits all over Iniesta for winning it three times
>>
>>64122584
Ok, prime Modric is a better player than a 32 year old Iniesta. This is a thread about comparing players on an all time scale which implies taking entire careers into account

>>64122597
Iniesta was the MotM in the 2010 WC final

>>64122614
I would rank Ronaldo slightly ahead of Iniesta on an all time list. I was arguing that Iniesta's career >>>>>>> Modric's career
>>
File: lisi jac.jpg (154 KB, 525x956) Image search: [Google]
lisi jac.jpg
154 KB, 525x956
Wrap up its cold out senpai
>>
>>64122241
>there is not much between iniesta and modric

It's bad enough Ameritards talking shit about football, I feel depressed when fellow Britbongs come out with nonsense like this.
>>
>>64122656
It's hard to argue that Iniesta has accomplished more than Modric, but is it possible to compare two players who play for different sides? Le Tess was world class in his day but won fuck all because he was never at a big club
I guess who was MOTM depends on how you take it, some people think Iniesta won it but I think Robben would've sidestepped pretty much any keeper besides 2010 Iker
If he scored there would've been no AET and Spain would've lost
>>
>>64107114
>shearer
>>
NUMBER TSU-HUNDRED
>>
>>64122723

the irony

you think i'm underrating iniesta but you're underrating modric
>>
>>64122723

>thinking your country knows football when you can't produce a single world class player despite total obsession
>>
>>64123240

Nah you're overrating Modric. When all is said and done Iniesta will be rated up there with the very best of his position, like Zidane, Laudrup, Scholes etc. while Modric will be in the tier below with the likes of Deco, Rui Costa, Gerrard etc.
>>
>>64123324
>Ashley Cole
>Steven Gerrard
>Rio Ferdinand
>Sol Campbell
>Wayne Rooney
>Frank Lampard
>Paul Scholes
>Michael Owen
>Gary Neville

Just a few genuine world class players England has seen in the last 10-15 years
>>
>>64123378

you're right desu senpai i gassed too hard
>>
>>64124235
kek
>>
>>64107114
You forgot Kane and Vardy and Rppmey
>>
Why aren't all ausfalians banned from this board?
>>
>>64140537
You Yankfats should be too. Your understanding of football is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>64141413
This.
>>
Pele
Maradona
Cruyff
Messi
Ronaldo
C ronaldo
Ronaldinho
Zidane

Those are the best players of all time in my opinion. No order in the list.

Memes asides, the Messi-CR7 era will be remember for a long time. You can call him 'statpadder' or whatever, but scoring 50 goals a season for 5+ years is something crazy.
>>
>all these people listing players they never saw play
Ronaldo has had one job on the pitch for real Madrid the last few years: to score goals. And no one has ever been better at it. Not even di Stefano comes close, and he was playing at a time when real won 5cls in a row
>>
>>64122440
like other posters have mentioned, you can really compare the level football was played on then to now
>>
>>64141895
>Ronaldo has had one job on the pitch for real Madrid the last few years: to score goals.
Yes, shame he's a complete bottle-job in the games that matter, but stat-padding against relegation fodder and 4th rate Swedish teams will always look impressive to 'tards.

>and he was playing at a time when real won 5cls in a row
When the European Cup was a joke?
>>
>>64123378
>Iniesta
>Zidane
>Laudrup
>Scholes

Spee does it again. The mf meme.
>>
>>64141997
>shame he's a complete bottle-job in games that matter

This is literally a Facebook tier meme, it's simply not true
>>
>>64142040
>yankfat
>knowing anything about football

He's a shrinking violet when confronted any side that can challenge Real Madrid, you clueless faggot.
>>
>>64142077
What you're saying simply isn't true. You just don't have an actual sound argument.

You can insult the flag all you want, it doesn't detract from you just don't know what you're talking about, like almost everyone on this board. You're guided by autistic-fueled emotion, not reason
>>
>>64142111
No, what I'm saying is true. He's a complete bottle-job in games that matter, hence why, in the 6 seasons he's been at RM, all he has to show is a solitary league title and a solitary CL title (and a few Copa del Memes).

Once again, Yankfats showing they have not a single clue about the game. Stick to nigger ball and niggerhoop, you dense faggot
>>
Where does Sergio Busquets rank? He's at least the best DM of all time
>>
File: CVzCCgyUsAAbXdb.jpg (86 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
CVzCCgyUsAAbXdb.jpg
86 KB, 1024x512
>>64142040
>This is literally a Facebook tier meme, it's simply not true

Here's your (you)
>>
File: 1422764277970.gif (469 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
1422764277970.gif
469 KB, 480x228
>>64142316
Kek. Burgershit BTFO!
>>
>>64106201
I'd say about top 50.
he's not even south american.
>>
1. Messi
2. Pelé
3. Eusébio
4. Maradona
5. C. Ronaldo
>>
top 50 if I'm in good mood
>>
>>64142316
I don't get it, are athletic, aleti, celta and sevilla supposed to be big games?
how are those big games compared to shakhtar, español and malaga?
>>
>>64142560
When you rate games based on spee memes is really normal that you don't get it.
>>
i hate him but you are people are fucking stupid here, he is atleast top 10 if not even higher.

People are blinded by his last few meme years where he is stat padding shit clubs.

In Mourinho's real he was unstoppable and even better while in Man U. Last 2 years he is shit.
But just look how important and how much of a team player he was with Mourinho and Ferguson
>>
>>64142590
>In Mourinho's real he was unstoppable
And flopped in pretty much every match that mattered.
>>
>>64142549
>Eusébio above Maradona
>Pelé
>cr7 top5

where's Di Stéfano then?
Cruyff?
George Best?

they were all better than both eusebio and cr7
>>
>>64142560

>how are those big games compared to shakhtar, español and malaga?

Well they've either recently won a major trophy/ies, beaten Barcelona or currently not battling relegation.
>>
>>64142626
that doesn't make them big games.
bilbao and celta are not bigger than shakhtar or malaga.
>>
he just doesn't have that natural talent, his oversteps are forced and ridiculous, but he works very hard to improve himself, now focusing in effective goal scoring. Still all you have to do is watch football to notice that Suarez, for instance, is more of a natural instinctive goalscorer than him.
>>
>>64142611
>most important player in the greatest league winning side in la liga history
>flopped
>>
>>64142652
>greatest refball season ever
more like this
>>
>>64142652
Yes, you ignorant cunt. Flopped
>>
>>64142652
>greatest league winning side in la liga history

Literally BTFO the next season. Tito's team was GOAT.
>>
>>64142639
Athletic are definitely better than Malaga imo.
Shakhtar are better than Vigo, but neither Vigo or Shaktar are big games for a team like Real Madrid.
>>
>>64142698
32 wins, 4 draws and 2 loses

i agree i think that Tito's team was better overall but that statiscits is ridicolous
>>
>>64142698
>Tito could've been the next big manager

FUG ;_;
>>
>>64142709
my point was that only PSG and Barcelona are "big games" in that list, and you got what I was saying.
>>
>>64142709
Point is, Vigo are a strong La Liga side at moment.
>>
>>64142698
>Tito's team was GOAT.

You didn't watch a fucking game of Barcelona that season, that's for sure. That team was a total cancer, they won the league just because Messi wanted to win that league.
>>
>>64142749
>That team was a total cancer
no, that team had cancer
>>
>>64142749
This.

For all those people saying Messi has never carried a team go watch 2012-13 season. Most of, if not all the team were playing a bit shit and Messi dragged them to a title. Sadly one man can't drag a team through a CL.
>>
>>64142749
>Tito's Barça
>total cancer

rude
>>
>>64142316
Literally pulled from Facebook

What part of this don't you get?

You can cherrypick anything you want, there's nothing to support your argument
>>
>>64142758
Barcelona won all 10 games in La Liga that season without him
>>
>>64142766
>Posts something that supports his argument
>there's nothing to support your argument
>>
>>64142766
There's more than there is to support yours, you deranged faggot.
>>
I've said it many times before, I'll say it again

Basically no one on /sp/ has any clue about the sport of soccer, all of the analysis is completely devoid of any logical thought

The Americans are as retarded as the Brits as the Brazilians as the Germans, etc.

You're all literally fucking retarded
>>
>>64142758
>For all those people saying Messi has never carried a team go watch 2012-13 season

Meh. He won the league by himself, the rest of the team was really really worst than Halals that year, but he wasn't in a good shape, injuries and all that amount of cancer in the locking room.
His 2011 would be a better example for what you say, and ended with the CL.
>>
>>64142774
It's cherrypicked evidence that is somehow supposed to represent his overall career, let alone the performances in those games alone

>>64142782
I'd say having the most consecutive goals scored in Clasicos speaks for itself, but okay, you're just bootyblasted over Ronaldo because of repression of homosexual feelings

It's okay, most people who hate on him are just like you
>>
>>64142774
>>64142782
lads, while I do believe cr7 is far from being an all time top player, those arguments the norwegian guy posted mean literally nothing.
this war over cr7 being good or not is kind of childish and people who argue about this are so biased they're absolutely blinded, like the yank or the two of you for example.
>>
>>64142797
>points out ronaldo is a bottle job in big games which he is
>hurr durr u h8 him coz ur ghey!!!!!!!!
>>
File: [TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUs INTERNALLY].jpg (38 KB, 598x415) Image search: [Google]
[TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUs INTERNALLY].jpg
38 KB, 598x415
Can you post a picture with more class?
>>
>>64142797
Fact is that he sucks in big games. Just look at last year when he missed probably the only penalty that was important in la liga (against Valencia)
>>
>>64142821
>which he is

This is your argument in a nutshell, statistically speaking it's patently false

And it's quite obvious you've no idea what you're talking about to begin with and are just arguing for the sake of it and to displace some form of jealousy towards Ronaldo and justify your biases and irrationality

tl;dr you are literally gay
>>
>>64142803
I believe that CR7 is top 5 of all time, but it's true he just isn't that good of a big game player.
>>
>>64142836
Yet you make no effort to prove it is false, you stupid fat fuck.
>>
>>64142838
>but it's true he just isn't that good of a big game player.
We know this but the Burgeshit who doesn't understand what jealously is says otherwise. I guess he doesn't watch much RM.
>>
>>64142835
>just look at this one example that I can extrapolate to misrepresent something that is quite clear

I'm going to say Messi is a statpadding overrated shit player choker because he played like shit in the World Cup and Barcelona absolutely embarrassed Madrid essentially without him in the grand picture

We both know that Messi isn't shit because of those things, but you're just deliberately being obtuse and extreme to justify your biases and irrationality
>>
>>64142849
I literally did before

The facts actually speak for itself regardless, cherrypicking a very small sample size from one season does not change this

I'm almost certain you actually believe Ronaldo is a superb player who isn't a choker, you're more focused on just exaggerating your feelings towards him and me

Pretty common tactic that stupid people utilize

You're on your way to enlightenment, friend, don't worry too much
>>
>>64142858
No one is saying Ronaldo is shit, they are saying he has a habit of going missing or underperforming in the big games.
>>
yeah and nobody said that he's a fucking diver, literally cheater
>>
>>64142866
No you 'literally' (another word you don't fucking understand) didn't. Your argument is basically taking a contrarian stance against the accusation yet doing nothing to support it.
>>
>>64142873
Which is a false and extreme claim that is simply being argued in this thread for the sake of trying to justify any ill-will you have towards him or anyone that defends him
>>
>>64142858
>played like shit in the World Cup
carried a bunch of bums to the final
>Barcelona absolutely embarrassed Madrid essentially without him in the grand picture
created the 4th goal and was there for the 5th and maybe more that didn't go in, after 2 months injured

Basically you have no arguments and even acknowledge it. Go back to niggerhoops.
>>
>>64142891
It's not false and you seem to have no clue about what you are talking
>>
>>64142890
Except I literally did, you seemed to have missed the part where he has the longest streak of scoring in Clasicos

>taking a contrarian stance

You don't know what contrarian means, you pretty much just used that word without any contextual analysis behind it

You're simply a deluded moron who needs to graduate uni
>>
>>64142838
he's definitely top 5 counting current players, but all time? are you sure?
scoring goals, even though one of the most important aspects while judging if a striker is good or not, isn't the only thing about football, players who excell/excelled in other roles are considered better than him, by me at least, like beckenbauer or cannavaro.
Maradona didn't score that many goals and he was infinitely superior for example.
>>
>>64142787
>looks at flag

Yeah, no. Americans are fucking ignorant beyond belief when it comes to football. Not helped by their own joke of a league, they pick Europeans teams to "support", but also pick the successful flavour-of-the-month sides like Chelsea, Man City or PSG.

Their opinions of the sport are worth shit all.
>>
>>64142895
>carried a bunch of bums to the final

Hardly

>created the 4th goal

So fucking what? Barcelona was absolutely embarrassing Madrid even without Messi, can you not read what I had just said?

You're basically regurgitating what I've already said and what other irrational idiots in this thread have said

You have no actual argument, you've tossed out reason in favor or emotion and hating Americans because......?
>>
>>64142895
Based Juan smashing fatty Ty'Rone outta the park!
>>
>>64142899
>still posting nothing to support contrarian position

Yankfags are worse than Abos for shitposting
>>
>>64142920
>ad hominem

You're literally only proving my point

No one has any clue what they're talking about here, it's pure shitflinging with no sense of irony, people here actually believe their arguments are substantive and constructive. Let's just ignore for a second that soccer is a very tricky sport to actually purely objectively analyze. Then you have people such as yourself with such unbelievably moronic and brash opinions with a pretense that you actually know what you're talking about or are actually knowledgeable on the subject
>>
>>64142947
Except I literally did again and you literally do not know what contrarian means or how to actually properly utilize it in a sentence. You just seem to have trouble with reading comprehension among many other basic forms of English linguistics.

Your argument is the equivalent to that of a 2nd grader. Unironically
>>
File: 1424668054532.jpg (58 KB, 500x616) Image search: [Google]
1424668054532.jpg
58 KB, 500x616
Pretty much everyone BTFOing the dumb Ameritard and his unsuccessful attempt to defend Ronaldo's disappearing act.
>>
>>64142955
>Except I literally did again
just like Tyrone did your mum again
>>
>the burger is actually right
>>
>>64142960
Here's where you and I differ

You like to pretend to think you've won the argument

I KNOW I've won the argument. Now this is clearly a half-satirical statement aimed to poke fun at your trolling and childish tendencies. But you will still take offense to it in a passive aggressive manner. Thus proving me correct yet again and exposing your intellectual immaturity

I think I've done quite well today, I think you're going to reflect on this moment as a watershed moment of intellectual liberation
>>
>>64142955
>literally
>unironically
>literally
>unironically
>literally
>unironically
>literally
>unironically
>literally
>unironically
>literally
>unironically
>literally
>unironically
>i use words i do not understand
>>
File: ;l.jpg (48 KB, 458x390) Image search: [Google]
;l.jpg
48 KB, 458x390
>>64142969
>LITERALLY cannot argue in logical terms and resorts to unrelated petty insults

Inshallah
>>
>>64142906
Basically what this negro is saying.

Everybody would agree on a Messi, Maradona, Pele, Di Stefano and Cruyff list. Some would add Eusebio, Best, Platini, Van Basten, Beckhenbauer and some other random guys.

But nobody would say Gerd Muller and he is someone that all Europe consider the top scorer of the 20th century.

Or Chitalu.
>>
>>64142977
You lost the moment you walked in this thread, Burgershit.
>>
>>64142974
>looks at flag

ELL OH ELL
>>
>>64142982
>unironically and literally doesn't understand unironically and literally

>unironically and literally cannot even argue above the level of a 5 year old at this point if he ever was.

I can tell I've gotten through to you guys. You're just having some fun now. But in all seriousness, the behavior displayed in this thread is not something you can do seriously. Debate, discussion, argument. These are pillars of our very existence
>>
>>64142991
Why exactly?

Because he didn't have the flair that those others had?
>>
>>64142977
why do you love cr7 so much anyways?
are you literally homosexual or something?
>>
Yes, it is true Ronaldo goes missing in big games. If anyone would like to challenge me, come meet me and I will put you in an early grave.
>>
>>64142925
>Hardly
I saw them play the final and even go extra time. A lucky Goetze goal won it for the super powerful Germany. Without Messi that team would have been out at group stage. It was complete shit tier. Their line ups was a disaster.
>You have no actual argument
Why don't you go and check Cristiano's contribution to la décima. Not many games so you can find out what real influence he had in winning that tournament. 90% are just a bunch of goals once the games are decided, including the final.

Cristiano is a big game choker and has always been at madrid, and it gets worse with time. There really isn't much else to say, and you'd know it if you had bothered to watch his last 6 years at madrid.
>>
>>64143003
>Debate, discussion, argument. These are pillars of our very existence

Which you have failed at in this very thread.
>b-b-b-b-b ronaldo is literally unironically literally not a flop in big games
>hurr durr don't ask me to prove it, i have no proof
>>
>>64143000
>the caliphate of englandistan
nice trips ol chum
>>
>>64142993
>admitting you had literally no argument all along

I find this very interesting

Look at other sports that have a very "pizzazz" sort of way of gauging their athletes

Like MMA and Boxing

Undoubtedly, Floyd Mayweather and Demetrious Johnson are among the best fighters in the world, perhaps all time, they always deliver. But they don't do it in a way that the casual uninformed and frankly, tasteless audience can enjoy. They are masters of their crafts, true artists to watch. Yet people want all these cool little highlight reels to watch and base their skill on those ADHD driven Youtube videos

This is cultural autism for lack of a better word. We are dumbing ourselves down by accepting this standard and not truly analyzing what is actually going on. What is actually happening that can be considered successful and meaningful within the sport.

Ronaldo is the Mayweather/Mighty Mouse of soccer. He's an efficient machine, a tour-de-force.

Yet people can't analyze him outside these primitive narratives
>>
>>64143030
I'm in Wales. You understand that isn't England, maplenigger?
>>
>>64143033
>admitting you lost the moment you walked into the thread spreading your ill-informed ignorant shit
>>
File: 14287742439.png (198 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
14287742439.png
198 KB, 550x535
>>64143014
>>
im sorry you got so hurt over a discussion of a footballer. i'll let you get back to your sheep fucking and kilt worshiping
>>
So, no one wants to challenge me? I thought as much. Cowards.
>>
>>64143058
>t. sealclubber
>>
>>64143020
>I saw them play the final

So did I, Messi was for the most part, quite cruddy in that final. He was mostly unimpressive in the World Cup, maybe this is exaggerated by his usual standards, but he was not impressive. He did not play that well

>not many games so you can find out what real influence

Define "real influence", because he was a pretty big part in tearing apart just about every single team in that tournament bar the final where Madrid as a team was pretty shitty. He scored the go ahead goal against Dortmund and helped absolutely tear apart Bayern, goals aside. If you actually watched those games you'd realize he was actually involved in creating opportunities, including the 1-0 in the first leg and did some defensive work as well. Was he the single best player against Bayern in both those games? No. But to diminish his value to the team in winning that CL just further shows your pure ignorance and irrationality. It shows your mind is made up and unable to open itself to actual possibilities
>>
>>64143010
Because scoring goals just makes you a good scorer. Players who create, players who change matches and have a true impact over games are much more relevant than the guy who just puts it inside the net. That's why Messi is way better than Ronaldo, they have similar goal numbers but CR lacks in everything else.
>>
>>64143028
You had your fun. I'm not sure what more knowledge you expect me to enlighten you with.
>>
>>64143058
Kilts are Scottish, and their aren't many sheep in Cardiff.

You're as fucking ignorant as the Ameritards, ffs!
>>
File: 1228158686146.jpg (41 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
1228158686146.jpg
41 KB, 640x616
>>64143073
>shows himself as utterly clueless
>knowledge
>clapistan education
>>
This American is doing my nut in. I may doxx him and then send his mother abusive messages.
>>
>>64143071
Scoring changes matches and has a true impact on games

You don't have goals and results in games if you don't have the guy "who just puts it inside the net"

That's an actually retarded way of summarizing a goalscorer's influence on the game

Where is the influence if no goals are scored? You play to win. How do you win again?

Let's just accept your absolutely idiotic contention that they are just the guy "who puts it inside the net" Jesus fucking christ.

What if that player does it at such a rate, that it clearly surpasses that sort of moronic standard and where he is CLEARLY influencing games

Muller wasn't just a guy who scored 20 a season, he was one of the most efficient players ever
>>
>>64143086
Like I said. Feigning logical fallacy is a logical fallacy in itself.
>>
>>64143071
Spot on, based Juan.

Logic the fat fuck Lardican will never understand.
>>
>>64143107
>>64143100
>>
>>64143107

This nigga so mad
>>
Point proven yet again.
>>
>>64143122
Thanks for agreeing with me outright for once.
>>
>>64143129
My point proven, you banterless fat knacker.
>>
>>64143142
It was actually my point. But if you wish to associate yourself with it after your intellectual enlightenment. It's fine by me. Just don't claim it was yours. That's morally and intellectually dishonest.
>>
it's strange that any americans like penaldo. in sports, we typically root for the underdog if we don't have any skin in the game.
>>
>>64143094
Sure dude. Everybody in the world is wrong and you're right, from now on the best players in history are Muller, Inzhagi, Larsson, Chitalu and Hugo Sanchez.

There's two options before you say that this is a falacy:

1. Everybody for the last 120 years is wrong, you're a genius and in 20 years everybody will say that you changed the perspective of football and how we understand the game. For the rest of the history I'll be pointed out as the anon guy thought that the genious was crazy.

2.You admit you're an idiot trying to prove an autistic edgy point that can't be more stupid, close spee, try to watch more than two real games besides reading wikipedia articles and then kill yourself and end with that misery that you consider life
>>
>>64143159
No you fucking dense nigger; your constant retorts are proving my point that the Spaniard posts logic you will ever understand.
>>
top 5 along with messi pele maradona and cruyff
>>
>>64143169
>everybody in the world is wrong and you're right

This is no more true for me than it is for you.

>from now on the best players are etc.

I didn't even say anything remotely close to that, but if you wish to make your paltry argument look even dumber than it already was by littering it with more argumentative fallacies, be my guest. Really just shows how weak your argument is.

>there's two options before you say that this is a fallacy

I'm not even going to bother reading that garbage. Because I'm quite certain that it's something completely asinine that basically just repeats what you said in your first sentence except in much more extreme terms.

Feel free to correct me if I'm actually wrong. Good luck with that, champ.

Good luck with really getting anywhere in the future by reducing opposing opinion to gross exaggeration.
>>
File: Messi vs Bilbao.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Messi vs Bilbao.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>64143010
scoring a goal for cr7 would be extremely difficult without someone setting him up, if there's a player that sets up goal opportunities constantly, he's considered as good or better than cr7.

that's why Iniesta and Xavi are considered great.
Cannavaro literally kept Italy alive throught the 90 minutes as his teammates tried to score, that's why he won the ballon d'or.

the fact that cr7 always scores tap-ins and penalties is what makes people that know about football consider him to be great but not as good as historically great players.
on the other hand you've got the contrarian fucks that tell you he's shit just for exactly the same reason, they're so blinded by the hate that they can't comprehend that cr7 is still a great striker, because that's what strikers are supposed to do, score tap-ins mainly, but strikers are not the only important part of a team.

it's things like webmrelated that makes you think a striker should be considered to be a top notch all time player, because he's absolutely out of everyone else's league, he's not just doing a strikers job, he's going above and beyond.
>>
>>64143172
I will never understand it because I've ascended myself beyond that form of juvenile reasoning.

I mean, I used to be like that myself and I can certainly see where you're all coming from, which is essentially a culture of stupidity. But it's not something I can just sit back and say "you know, that makes sense.", because it doesn't, and deep down you all probably know it but don't want to admit that you're wrong and a bunch of goofs.

You're lying to yourselves, but most importantly, lying to other people. further propagating and normalizing this idiocy
>>
1. Messi
2. Maradona
3. Pele
4. Cruyff
5. Beckenbauer
6. Ronaldo
7. Di Stefano
8. Puskas
9. Zidane
10. Garrincha
11. George Best
12. Platini
13. Van Basten
14. Cristiano Ronaldo
15. Zico

Top 15.
>>
>>64143217
>if i post long winded gibberish it'll detract from my incorrect argument

Won't work Ty'Rone, we've got you in the keep net.
>>
>>64143214

>lel liga defences

top kek
>>
>>64143214
>scoring a goal for CR7 would be extremely difficult without someone setting him up

I disagree, he puts himself in very good position to score goals, he reads attacking movements very well and has the movement to put himself in a position to score.

The fact he apparently scores so many tap ins should really attest to his own ability of getting into that position to begin with

Again it's this sort of form of style over substance. Now in art, style IS substance. In sports. Substance HAS to be the style.

Now if you could actually prove that Ronaldo's goals are mostly him just happening to get on the end of an attacking movement. That'd be pretty fucking insane considering it'd make him one of the luckiest fucking people in human history to have that sort of consistency

I don't disagree that strikers are not the only important. But to diminish the likes of Ronaldo and Muller in their ability to score goals. Is blasphemous

Messi has more of the traditional style, undoubtedly, but if you can get that same end result of a goal because of an equally impressive run by a striker. Why would you be so inclined to go for one without a thought behind it, either one?

One element of soccer that makes it so beautiful is that is so hard to truly gauge, which is where we get discussion like this. But it's also what it makes very muddled and sometimes frustrating, because you get discussion like this, mostly inconclusive, full of trolls.
>>
>>64143225
>if I keep it short and uninformed, such as myself, I'll look wittier.

Not gonna happen, my man.
>>
>>64143260
>i've watched two halal madrid games and know nothing

It shows, Ty'Rone.
>>
>>64143260
>I disagree, he puts himself in very good position to score goals, he reads attacking movements very well and has the movement to put himself in a position to score.
yeah, he still doesn't score goals like the one I posted though.

>The fact he apparently scores so many tap ins should really attest to his own ability of getting into that position to begin with
that exactly what I said, as a striker he's great, that's what strikers are supposed to do, if you look closer I don't hate on cr7.
but he's not as good as the best players to have ever graced the sport though, like Messi.

>Now if you could actually prove that Ronaldo's goals are mostly him just happening to get on the end of an attacking movement. That'd be pretty fucking insane considering it'd make him one of the luckiest fucking people in human history to have that sort of consistency
that's not what I said.
his job is to score tap-ins, and that's what he does, he's not lucky, he's supposed to do it, and that's why he's currently amongst the best players in the world.
then again, he's not doing anything else that would merit the title of GOAT.

>One element of soccer that makes it so beautiful is that is so hard to truly gauge, which is where we get discussion like this. But it's also what it makes very muddled and sometimes frustrating, because you get discussion like this, mostly inconclusive, full of trolls.
it's extremely difficult to have a proper discussion about this on an american image board for chinesse cartoons administrated by a japanese weirdo, but if you talk with people that are actual football fans and are intelligent, nah not even intelligent, but that aren't retarded enough to be blinded or biased, you'll always get to the conclusion that ronaldo is great, and will always be considered to be great, even 100 years from now, but no one will ever consider him to be as good as Diego, Cruyff, Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Eusebio, George Best, or well, I could easily name you 50 players.
>>
I bet the shitposting American posts on Goal-Legacy
>>
>>64106201

He is a superior soccer player, no one is better than him.
>>
>>64143033
Gerd muller, inzaghi...etc were never considered goat candidates and neither should cristiano. With that said he is comfortably a top 15 player for me.
>>
This thread shows why Americans should be banned from threads like this.
>>
>>64106611
Youd also be personally wrong you fat lard
>>
>>64143478
yes
>>
I can't even begin to fathom this thread
>>
>>64106201
feck orf, tripfag.
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.