[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your thoughts on Joe Buck? Some quotes: “That's $25
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: resize.jpg (136 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
136 KB, 600x900
Your thoughts on Joe Buck?

Some quotes:

“That's $25 million on the mound for the New York Yankees.”

“You throw out that Donovan McNabb is starting the game with a 95.2 quarterback rating and expect people to understand it, ... There's not a human being alive who could really explain to you what quarterback ratings mean. Pythagoras couldn't, either. I shouldn't need a compass and protractor to rate these guys.”

“Ah, the only stat football fans really care about, ... is the point spread.”
>>
I actually like him for baseball, his commentary style fits the speed of the game

For football he's awful
>>
Seems like a guy that wanted to do something else with his life, but chose to be a broadcaster because he knew it would make him the most money and now it's too late to go back.
>>
File: joe buck fries.jpg (95 KB, 399x399) Image search: [Google]
joe buck fries.jpg
95 KB, 399x399
>>
File: joe buck microphone.jpg (108 KB, 399x399) Image search: [Google]
joe buck microphone.jpg
108 KB, 399x399
>>
>You throw out that Donovan McNabb is starting the game with a 95.2 quarterback rating and expect people to understand it, ... There's not a human being alive who could really explain to you what quarterback ratings mean. Pythagoras couldn't, either. I shouldn't need a compass and protractor to rate these guys.

He really said this? Top kek.
>>
File: joe buck put away the candy.jpg (100 KB, 399x399) Image search: [Google]
joe buck put away the candy.jpg
100 KB, 399x399
>>
I kind of like him and Aikman together.

They've started being assholes to teams and I think it's hilarious
>>
File: buck.png (225 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
buck.png
225 KB, 500x269
>>
GOAT commentator. Haters are going to hate.
>>
2bh I like Joe Buck

Cops followed by cops was comedy gold
>>
I don't get all the hate. I think he's fine
>>
He's pure cancer.
>>
I had no respect for him until I listened to a couple of his candid radio interviews. Hearing him analyze sports instead of play by play is a lot better. Hearing him talk about his life experiences as a hated sports broadcaster was just incredible.
>>
>>64105424
He is very smarmy and together with Aikman they are funny. It's a different kind of humour than Gruden being ridiculous but it is still funny.
>>
It's a bit ridiculous that people piss and moan about him doing plugs for upcoming programs and other shit.

That's on the network. He has no control over that shit. That's like complaining about Mike & Mike trying to sell you a vacuum cleaner every 30 minutes.
>>
>>64105754
Where did you hear this anon? Or are you just shilling for him?
>>
>>64105813
Doug Gottlieb show on CBS sports radio. Listen to that station in my car. Could probably find it online pretty easy.
>>
>>64105285
Is that AT&T park?
>>
>>64105426
>inb4 cowboys haters

As a cowboys fan, watching them on fox with
troy aikman as commentator every game is intolerable. Even when they do good
he shit talks the whole game. Fuck you Troy Aikman!
>>
File: iRe9U2U.png (227 KB, 1202x1355) Image search: [Google]
iRe9U2U.png
227 KB, 1202x1355
>you will never hear Joe Buck commentate the towers falling down
>>
>>64106291
Its just as bad as an Iggles fan.
>>
Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth is still the best duo around.
>>
>>64105927
>willingly listening to Gottlieb

I'm going to assume you're not a good judge on broadcasters
>>
>>64107176
>ywn listen to John madden and pat summerall ever again

Why live
>>
>>64105351
More like his Dad was a great commentator and he wanted to follow in his dad's footsteps.
>>
He is a baseball guy. Terrible at Football.
>>
>>64105398
QBR is the stupidest thing ever.
>>
Joe Buck is indeed an up and comer and will not at all be in the shadows of his announcer dad Jack's legacy as Joe is standing in a league of his own!
Will be up there in the ranks of Al Michaels, Bob Costas, Pat Summerall, Curt, Gowdy, just to name a few!
Does NFL and MLB!
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.