[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that we've all had our fun, let's try and fix this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
Now that we've all had our fun, let's try and fix this team shall we?

Where do we start?
>>
Sack Van Ayy
Get Ancelotti
Spend 300-400 million in the summer
Scrape top 4
Sack Ancelotti
Get Moyes

Repeat the cycle
>>
>>64103138
>Spend 300-400 million in the summer
On who?
>>
>>64103138
>Spend 300-400 million in the summer

they already did this twice to no avail
who was it that said the definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?
>>
I dont think you can fix it. They dont have the clout they need to sign the players they require to become a good team again.

They needed to fix these problems in late 00/ early 10, not now when they have lost so much power in the transfer market. Sir Alex does need to accept at least 75% of the blame for the current state of the team and its not because he appointed Moyes as his successor.
>>
>>64103127
Manchester United was never a GOAT club before Fergie and they are back where they were in 1986.
You need an amazing manager or an amazing club foundation to be able to be the best nowadays.
>>
>>64103127

getting rid of rooney would be a step in the right direction
>>
Give LVG until the end of this season. If he doesn't properly challenge for the title and do well in FA Cup and Europa League, sack him. Get Pep or Ancelotti. No point in sacking him now, United are only 3 points behind 1st after all.

In January, get some depth to deal with this injury crisis. Another defender and an actual attacking player who isn't dog shit.

In the summer:

GK - good.
CB - could use more depth
LB - fine
RB - okay
CDM - good
CM - someone like Gundogan maybe?
CAM - Herrera/Mata to rotate there
LW - Memephis should stay here, give him time. Or if Chelsea continue to be shit, have a punt at Hazard?
RW - need someone good here. Mane perhaps, or go after someone world class if possible
ST - needs depth. Start Martial up front but have him rotate with a decent, cheap-ish striker that can actually finish

If possible, get rid of Rooney. He's finished. Or just limit him to a bit part role at least.
Don't need to sell much more. United need more players. Maybe loan out some of the young talents since they'll be getting limited game time.
>>
>>64103146
Whoever is available. The important thing is to spend 300-400 million. And if you have to spend 35 million on a striker who scored 11 goals in 52 league games then do so.
>>
>>64103182

>GK - good.
>implying DDG isn't going to halal madrid
>>
>>64103188
why would he leave when he's getting half a million quid a week
>>
>>64103188
Do they even need him though? Navas is doing well and since De Gea signed a new contract, they'll probably have to shell out more.

If he does go, get Oblak or Leno.
>>
File: Untitled17.png (9 KB, 1282x160) Image search: [Google]
Untitled17.png
9 KB, 1282x160
>Poonited fans
>>
Bring back >Moyes desu
>>
>>64103205
>manure aiming for top 3

how the mighty have fallen
kek
>>
>>64103188

Why would he want to stay in Manchester when he can go home to Madrid, be surrounded by his friends and family and bang his 9/10 bird every night and get paid the same? I'm a Manc and even I think Manchester is one of the most depressing places on the face of the Earth.
>>
File: file.png (492 KB, 600x520) Image search: [Google]
file.png
492 KB, 600x520
>>64103212
He has Herrera and Mata, I think he'll be fine
>>
>>64103212
>implying madrid will pay him half a million a week

not even ronaldo gets that
>>
>>64103219

he doesn't get half a million quid a week m8, figures I saw in the press were more like £250k which is far more believable, but still pure speculation on their part
>>
>>64103240
>250k

you serious m8?
>>
Why don't they just get Fergie back?
>>
>>64103241
Yeah there's no way he gets half a million a week
>>
>>64103241
Most sources say it's 200k
>>
>>64103246
>>64103253
>the state of manure bandwagoners
>>
>>64103127
>buy Gündogan and Sane
>win EPLEL
>>
>>64103241

I'm just telling you what the british press reported, only utd, de gea and his agent know what the truth is
>>
>>64103285
and i'm sure martial only cost 2 quid and plays for the badge right? :^)
>>
>>64103314
>plays for the badge right?
Just stopping by into this cancerous thread to say that United fans still believe this is true.
>>
Get rid of Rppney.
>>
>>64103333
your quads confirm they do
>>
>>64103314
>>64103333

I'm sure he's mainly at utd for the money, of course that's any footballer's prime motivation, I was just refuting that other posters claim that he was on half a million a week which is complete nonsense.

What his motivations are for playing for utd I have no clue no one does but DDG, but I'm sure his wages will play a significant part.
>>
>>64103355
de gea is 100% on half a million a week
>>
>>64103358
prove it
>>
>>64103362
manure is known for their embarrassing wages and buying leagues

>rooney is literally on 300k a week
>>
>>64103371
okay but I asked for proof
>>
>Sign world class goal scorer
>Sign Ballon d'Or contenders

The squad is total shit. Defense is playing good, but the caliber of players they have isn't world class. Smalling + De Gea are great, but the other players surrounding them are mediocre.

Same with midfield. Schweinsteiger/Schneiderlin are great, along with Herrera. Carrick is getting older, and their bench options are youth, Fellaini, and not much else.

Attack is utter dogshit. Mata isn't being utilized, Rooney is dire, Martial is 20 with the title being put on his shoulders, and Memphis seems to dislike football (Not to mention his flair is garbage, and he cannot win 1v1 situations).

United really need to evaluate the club and players, and sell themselves as a project now. Bring in a long term manager, and try to attract world class talent.

They cannot keep overspending on "muh potential" future stars, nor can they delude the board or fans with finishing 4th each season with the amount they are spending.
>>
>>64103358

no source I read came anywhere close to that figure and all the sourses I read were just paper talk, so tell me how you came by this information
>>
>>64103375
keep closing your eyes, put your fingers in your ears and yell LALALALLA I CANT HEAR YOU

maybe then you will go back to the glory days of the 90s :^)
>>
>>64103399
still waiting on that proof senpai
>>
File: laughing GOATs.jpg (31 KB, 615x408) Image search: [Google]
laughing GOATs.jpg
31 KB, 615x408
>>64103405
>p-proooof
>>
>>64103413
just a simple link to a website will do mate
>>
>>64103416
http://www.mcfc.com/News/Team-news/2015/December/City-v-Borussia-Monchengladbach-Talking-Points-Five-things-we-learned/1449615996

there you go m8
>>
>>64103384
>Memphis
Was he meant to win 1v1s? Or, rather, is that what he was doing at PSV? What was he like there?
>>
>>64103436
just read through it and I can't see anything about de gea's wages

can you point it out for me?
>>
Poop Guardiolel
>>
>>64103438
Go easy on Depay he was raped as a child
>>
>>64103438
>Was he meant to win 1v1s?
they certainly bought him in that optic, he was supposed to be a left footed robben but he has been poor
they should try memphis as the striker and martial on the left with herrera behind
>>
Mourinho lol
>>
File: 140831-385.jpg (89 KB, 600x834) Image search: [Google]
140831-385.jpg
89 KB, 600x834
You are smart Kagawa senpai
>>
>>64103473
>certainly bought him in that optic
Yeah? You're an ITK, I guess?
>>
>>64103503
he did the right thing desu, his situation would have been even worse with van laal
>>
>>64103503
lul
>>
>>64103185
Martial is pretty much their only good signing tbf
>>
>>64103436
Pretty sure the fatman would have a match top earner clause inserted into his contract, so if DDG was on £500000 a week Utd would have to pay that twice
Not even Real Madrid can afford to spend that much on two players
>>
>>64103438
He's a fast winger, that uses flair and trickery to drive into the box.

That hasn't worked, so now he makes larger touches and tries to knock the ball beyond players instead.

He hasn't been effective in any area currently.
>>
Sack LVG
Hire AVB and Hulk
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.