[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just dont understand, nothing makes sense. His squads were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2
File: ol whiskey nose.jpg (23 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
ol whiskey nose.jpg
23 KB, 460x276
I just dont understand, nothing makes sense. His squads were nothing like the current one, his tactics were outdated, his main threat were pacey wingers. How did he manage to achieve everything he did, and how everything turned out after his departure is just unbeliveable. In two years Liverpool will be regarded as a bigger threat than United and all his legacy will go to shit
>>
>>64102494

Instilling an unshakable belief into your team that they can win no matter what is better than any tactic you will ever have.

Fergies squads, they where teams.
Despite superstar individuals they where TEAMS.
>>
>>64102494
>pacey wingers
this is how. i read some statto article about how something like 80% of goals in the premier league come from crosses. it's just common sense to get two fast lads to beat their fullbacks and pump crosses into the box tbH
>>
>>64102494
He made people work hard, do their absolute best and take pride in playing for Manchester United, he made people believe in his system and that the team could win any match. It was a unity, a team, whereas today it is all about the muh money and muh name.
>>
money, meet refs
>>
he beat arsenal with a midfield including darron gibson, john o'shea and fabio

even made use of cleverley
>>
it's because he is the undisputed GOAT manager

i miss him pretty bad tbqh family
>>
You gotta feel the bad for the guy. Absolutely hated him because he kept keking >us but he's imo the best manager of all time.

Now, instead of sitting back, entering comfy mode and enjoy the retirement money with his loved ones, he has to sit and watch everything he built come crashing down. All in the hands of an absolute idiot who once shouted at James Wilson to "stop running so much". He'll be dead within the year desu, this can't be good for his heart at all.
>>
>>64102597
don't think fergie gives a fuck anymore la

>inb4 someone says he was a shit manager because of 2 CLs
>>
B R I B E R Y & I N T I M I D A T I O N
F
E
R
G
I
E

T
I
M
E
>>
>>64102610
I highly doubt he doesn't give a fuck considering the time and effort he put into that place. For his own sake though, I hope you're right.
>>
>>64102494
Cause sports are more than just x and o's
>>
>>64102610
he attends every home game at least. he does care about the club

>>64102629
yeah they are about the £ and $'s too
>>
>>64102520
were, WERE you daft cunt
>>
>>64102494
He bought world class players and had some developed, not sure what you're implying here

>>64102520
Yeah to play football you would need to field a team most of the time, I mean you could potentially play one player by himself but then you would be disqualified
>>
>>64102494
>his tactics were outdated
Stop this meme. The late 00s United team was one of the most tactically advanced and flexible in Europe, he only reverted to hoofball with pacy wingers because his jew owners sold Donaldo and Tevez and bought 0 good midfielders when Hargreaves died and Scholes/Giggs got old.

That said his biggest strength was always the GOAT man management, instilling the right belief in his players and getting 110% out of some no name role players. Especially the last one, every single season United had some average players perform way above expectation which allowed them to consistently win games even when resting most of the stars.

He was also incredibly unlucky to finally figure out the CL at the same time as Barcelona assembled the GOAT team. He'd have retired with 4 CLs otherwise
>>
>>64102633
he cares about the club, but from more of a casual fans perspective, pretty sure that's what he said at least
>>
>>64102494
>his tactics were outdated
Compared to what most sucessfull coaches play today, yes. But in the 2000's he did some state of the art stuff like the extremely fluent positional play in the 2007/08 season beetween Rooney, Tevez, Giggs and Ronaldo.
>>
>>64102651
Haven't seen your post.
Did I really needed 18 min to post >>64102683?
>>
>>64102657
he is a member of the Board like Bobby Charlton. he is pretty invested in the club
>>
>>64102494

his legacy will live on for as long as football exists, man utd the football team however will go into decline though
>>
>I just dont understand, nothing makes sense
It makes perfect sense when you realise the FA were fixing pretty much every result so they won the title every season
>>
>>64102494
>his squads were nothing like the current one

the fuck?

>giggs, scholes, prime rooney, tevez, ronaldo

and that's just one era.

much better than what they have today. now their only noteworthy attacker is martial.
>>
bribery and intimidation
>>
>>64102724

To what end?
>>
>>64102761
The FA needed Manchester United to be on top to sell the brand abroad. The squad nor backroom staff werent capable of doing it themselves so they used officials to do it for them.
>>
>>64102779

You think one team winning the league every single year is 'good for the brand'?

And if your conspiracy theory really is true, why didn't they win the league every year?
>>
Funny how the biggest English club would be N O T H I N G without a brave Scotsman, having been to both places i can honestly say that England is pretty much UK's toilet.
>>
>>64102779
>this ABU damage control
>>
>>64102779
I suppose you have some proof of that. I mean, you wouldn't just go on the internet and post some wild fabrications without any factual backing, right?
>>
>>64102796
Its not really a conspiracy theory, it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint.

They needed a team that people wanted to support and they had that with manchester united as they were incredibly successful in the 90s and late 00s. Problem was that the inept running of the club (Only 2 decent club signings in 10 years for example) meant that the team wasn't anywhere near good enough to win on their own. Chelsea had the money but they weren't marketable, they needed Manchester United to win otherwise interest from abroad would waver.

As to why it didnt happen every year well, you need to give the impression that the league is competitive, you still need to fix results so this garbagefest can still make the champions league but once every four seasons or so you want a different title winner.
>>
>>64102835

>Its not really a conspiracy theory

that's exactly what it is, since you have literally zero evidence
>>
>>64102835
lol m8 did u actually bother typing this shit out
>>
>>64102835

So why are the FA still not doing it then? (this should be good lel)
>>
>>64102846
ferguson, scudamore, canyon and webb covering their tracks successfully doesn't mean it didn't happen
>>
>>64102912
>The best evidence for a conspiracy is lack of any evidence because it means the conspiracy was well covered up
every time
>>
>>64102846
Erm how can their be evidence when the FA completely blanket banned any discussion on the matter? Remember that tweet that a liverpool player made calling them out on their corruption and was then later given a 3 match ban and for some reason had to leave the club the following transfer window?

You need to start asking questions and stop believing the narrative they want you to...
>>
>>64102927
Now you get it. Best place to hide is in the wide open
>>
>>64102929

So if there's no evidence how do you know it's true?

and you didn't answer this question >>64102853
>>
>>64102597
Kek, he supports Celtic. Man U was a job.
>>
>>64102949
Fergie's a hun.
>>
>>64102949

he's a rangers fan you turd
>>
>>64102853
Half of their board is implicated in the child abuse scandal, that's why. In addition Gill moved on to bigger and better stuff at FIFA and is trying to wash his hands from his former pals. Combine that with how British Press detest FIFA and Blatter and voila! No more sweet FA influence for united
>>
>>64102976

Surely the reasons for fixing it so utd win every season are as valid today as ever though? If they have been so successful covering up a massive international sporting conspiracy that has produced zero evidence to implicate any of them after 20 years there is no reason to stop?
>>
File: file.png (226 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
file.png
226 KB, 400x300
>>64102724
>>64102779
>>64102835
>>64102929
Here you go lad, you'll need this.
>>
>>64103025
They feel the foundations rocking under their feet. they would rather use their influence to keep themselves out of prison than making united win the league. Which isn't even that important anymore since the Premier League got this filthy lucrative tv rights contract. Since they're on all the relevant boards it doesn't even matter which place united end their season, as long as they're not relegated.
>>
>>64103038
>>64103025
Theres a literal rule called: "You cannot bring the game into disrepute." That in itself is evidence that something is happening behind the scenes.
>>
As an arsenal fan, I've seen immense amounts of delusion. But this conspiracy shit is way beyond what I've seen before.
>>
>>64103038
It's a little boat. Where are we going, lads?
>>
>>64103060

But it didn't matter before either since the premier league's whole reason for money was to cash in on the TV money, they've been rich from the get go.
>>
>>64103100

they're most likely trolling, no mentally healthy person believes in conspiracy theories
>>
>>64103074

no it isn't
>>
>>64103134
They could always be richer, well until recently. The last couple of TV rights are probably the highest you can get before the bubble bursts. The rats sense the bubble is about to burst and are abandonning ship
>>
>>64103134

'whole reason for existence' I meant of course
>>
>>64102761
>>64102796
>>64102816
>>64102828
>>64102846
>>64102847
>>64102853
>>64102947
>>64103025
>>64103038
>>64103134
Have you not stopped to consider that the person is trolling? Im getting too old for this shit
>>
>>64103159

Not too old to go through an entire thread and link a dozen posts though?
>>
>>64102494
Was bigger than the club and all the players in it. Player power couldn't phase him. He just sold the bastards.
>>
>>64102494
He was a man with a mission, literally to knock liverpool right off their fucking perch.

You would be surprised the lengths a man can go to fullfil his destiny.
>>
>>64102709
his legacy is moyes ffs
>>64102730
this
>>
>>64104962

his legacy is making utd the most successful club in english league history
>>
>>64104977
well they werent exactly norwich when he took over. manure had a history of winning trophies and spending a shit-ton of cash even before him. he just proved that if you throw money at the thing you'll win even more trophies.
>>
>>64105113

>manure had a history of winning trophies and spending a shit-ton of cash even before him

if you don't know what you are talking about best to keep your mouth shut lad
>>
>>64105167
no u
>>
>>64105113
They had a history of being relevant for short periods of time in mid 50s and late 60s. They were 20 years removed from winning their last league title when he took over
>>
>>64105194
well that's a bit closer to truth, and they still used to pay huge amounts of cash for transfers even in those times. they failed before him because it seems that they always had shit board management and there is a reason people always point how ferguson was saved from sacking by winning against some shit competition in the cup by some now irrelevant player. fair play for that, it was a turning point for both him and consequently the club, but it's not like he turned them from Wigan to world-beaters. His biggest achievement is still winning the Euro Cup with fucking Aberdeen against Real Madrid.
>>
>>64102494
>outdated tactics

This just isn't true. Football is, when it comes down to it, very simple. You overload one side of the pitch to create space on the other and you transition quickly out of defense. Defensively you must keep your shape and not get pulled out of position, discipline is vital. Fergie could plug any player into his system and find success. They would all die for him and no one would try and defy his simple instructions to make themselves the hero. That was Fergie's genius. Simplicity perfected on the pitch and astute man management.
>>
>>64102494

Good tactics + players operating at 100% > excellent tactics + players operating at 95%
>>
>>64102494
The blood ritual needs a true conductor of evil to be performed correctly, lest the old ones rest unsatiated and the meat goes to waste.
>>
>>64102523

Pls leave Moyes.
>>
>>64105279
Man Utd were West Ham-tier in the '80s. Plenty of history, but it was a long time ago and they weren't really considered to be one of the big powerhouses of the time like Everton or Leeds (lel).

The fact that they started winning consistently right as football was becoming all about >muh money certainly helped things, of course.
>>
>>64102494

I agree, just what the fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iknIFXZN4n8

>despite being eliminated on away goals down to 10 men, the way they blitz Bayern Munich to 3-0
>they did it with Gibson, Rafael, Nani, Valencia and other meme players who are nowhere right now

How do you get players like Gibson outplaying top defensive midfielders I'll never understand.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.