[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKH vvPClH-8 How did West H
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: fella.jpg (39 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
fella.jpg
39 KB, 620x413
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKHvvPClH-8

How did West Ham and Portsmouth and Blackpool and Newcastle and all these clubs in the Premiership hit such highs, then randomly freefall through the divisions? Some of these have recovered some not, but I want to know how it happened in the first place.

Just look at the video, West Ham once had peak Lampard, Joe Cole, Di Canio, etc all in the same team ffs.
>>
First for Fellaini
>>
You can't really compare West Ham and Newcastle to Portsmouth and Blackpool in terms of falling apart, at least they're still in the EPL. Leeds deserves to be mentioned, though.
>>
File: fellaini-short hair.jpg (14 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
fellaini-short hair.jpg
14 KB, 500x250
>>64102214
you know it :^)
>>
>How did West Ham and Portsmouth and Blackpool and Newcastle and all these clubs in the Premiership hit such highs, then randomly freefall through the divisions?
Because all their good players got sold or got old and the club failed to replace them. How else?

Alos
>Blackpool
>hitting heights in the Premier League
like when? I remember them playing one season in the top division and getting relegated
>>
>>64102234
well making it to the EPL at all is a height tbf, i guess it was just Ollie overachieving with them for 2 seasons more like

>Because all their good players got sold or got old and the club failed to replace them. How else?
alas

>>64102227
>Leeds
fuck how did i forget

the fuck happpened to this club

they had robbie keane at one point in semi-recent history, not even talking about back in the day when they won shit, they were still semi-relevant a decade ago
>>
>>64102203
Jews and sand nigger money
>>
>peak lampard
pretty sure peak lampard was at Chelski
>>
These things go by cycles
>>
They got pillaged by the major clubs, and the replacements they brought in were shit. Southampton got lucky in this regard, they could have easily collapsed just like the others had the likes of Pelle, Tadic etc. flopped
>>
I have trouble seeing this happen to any of the top 4-5 teams nowadays, probably because so much is ruled by money now, and those teams have a lot of it

fuck even look at chelsea's collapse this season, if all else fails they can just throw money at it until the problem fixes itself
>>
>>64102280
Are you retarded?
>>
>>64102419
Are you?
>>
>>64102419

lampard had his best years at chelsea

how is that even debatable?
>>
>>64102203
>west ham
poorly managed/they're not as good as they think
>pompey
Classic Harry Redknapp buying everyone on inflated prices, Owner let them do it
>blackpool
literally no investment from Oyston ever. Ian Holloway got them promoted to the prem really well on a shoestring budget.
>Newcastle
Same applies as west ham, very poorly managed
>>
Leeds got relegated at the worst time, just when the Premier League was becoming global. Love or hate them you can't deny they're a huge club, imagine the investment and bandwagon fans they could have gotten
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-09-10-38-44.jpg (67 KB, 187x479) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-09-10-38-44.jpg
67 KB, 187x479
In Newcastle's case, they just hired shit managers over and over again. Look at these names, it's embarrassing apart from Robson and even he was senile by the end.
>>
File: jabba the hut.jpg (46 KB, 599x510) Image search: [Google]
jabba the hut.jpg
46 KB, 599x510
>>64102453
>be huge city
>be one team city
>still struggle in championship despite getting bigger crowds and spending shed loads on wages
lel
>>
>>64102474

>muh british managers

retardation. british managers suck ass.
>>
>>64102498
>who is ferguson
>>
>>64102474
Wow basically all of those are shit managers

There are some good British coaches but why did they go after all the worst most basic ones
>>
>>64102504
>>64102504

oh so ONE good one outweights the hundreds of shit ones does it? pardon me mate, my bad
>>
>>64102453
>you can't deny they're a huge club
Why? All I ever hear is how Leeds are a huge club but no one is ever able to tell me why.

They're not a historic club, only founded in 1919

They haven't been very successful, 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup, no major European success

They don't have the biggest or the most dedicated fanbase, they barely fill half of their stadium right now.

Why are Leeds considered to be a "big club"?
>>
>>64102511
>bobby robson
>Nigel Clough
>he doesn't rate Sexy Mick
>>
>>64102474
Rodgers to Newcastle when
>>
>>64102497
That's the power of Cellino
>>
>>64102527

ill give you Clough from that list, because he won european cups.

what are you even arguing? are you claiming that British managers are good. using your grand total of 3 (Mick doesnt count) ? or what?
>>
>>64102525
>muh big club debate

>They don't have the biggest or the most dedicated fanbase, they barely fill half of their stadium right now.

Because they're getting charged obscene amounts with a absolute madman of a chairman in charge and a fat pillock as manager who is best known for being a crook at Boston Utd and escaping a jail sentence.

Leeds have always been a top division side with a big fanbase (one team city)
It's only in the last 10 years where they've been shit
>>
File: 0628 - OTthEsb.png (77 KB, 320x285) Image search: [Google]
0628 - OTthEsb.png
77 KB, 320x285
tfw pompy fan
>>
>>64102540
>what are you even arguing?
that there are a few decent British managers about?
>>
>>64102527
> McCarthy
> British
Hold your tongue boy before it gets torn out
>>
>>64102550
>implying being a pompey fan is shit
>winning the fa cup
>playing in europe
>seeing your team play in all 4 divisions

>>64102553
He's the most Yorkshire Irishman i've ever seen
>>
>>64102246
Leeds basically did a Parma, they went overboard with their budget and became deluded
>>
>>64102474
>Gullit as a coach
The man has only produced memes in his coach jobs, how could anyone ever take the guy seriously after coining 'sexy football'?
>>
File: 1351177227321.jpg (21 KB, 384x395) Image search: [Google]
1351177227321.jpg
21 KB, 384x395
>>64102553

>muh heritage
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.