[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knowing what we know now about concussions. ... Would you let
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 14
File: Concussion_Time!.png (624 KB, 608x591) Image search: [Google]
Concussion_Time!.png
624 KB, 608x591
Knowing what we know now about concussions. ... Would you let your kid(s) play football?
>>
>>64084465

Nah

too many black people

it'd be a bad influence on him
>>
>>64084465
as a kicker or a punter maybe

odds are his career lasts 2 years at any other position if he beats the astronomical odds to actually get in the league
>>
>>64084475
Would you let your kid study Swedish in school?
>>
nope, I had my fair shares of concussions and don't wish them on anyone

plus the letterman jacket was really overrated
>>
If he wanted to, why shouldn't I? Injuries suck, but sports build character.
>>
>>64084475

You live in a country thats so inbred you literally have your own set of hereditary diseases. Black people should be the least of your worries you Eurochink.
>>
Nope. They don't need that. They can play baseball, soccer, etc. but not harmful shit like football, ever. Football is only interesting because grown man are smashing into each other dangerously.
>>
File: rape.jpg (122 KB, 620x988) Image search: [Google]
rape.jpg
122 KB, 620x988
>letting your 14 year old white son compete with 14 year old pacific islanders
>>
I wouldn't push him into it (xc all the way), but if he wanted to I would let him.

Those who say no are literally letting the terrorists win.
>>
hell yeah i would. concussions build character
>>
>>64084652
I get not WANTING to see him get hurt, but what do you do if he really wants to play?
>sorry son, I'm afraid of the world and don't want you to take risks
Congrats, you've lost his respect.
>>
Brain injuries aside, I wouldn't want my son to play the sport because it is a game for simpletons. There is no using your mind, no creativity, and the coach literally tells you what to do every single play.
>>
>>64084465
If he wanted to, absolutely. A ton of activities in life carry risk of personal injury, nothing new there.
>>
>>64084747
Some more than others, especially when your brain is still developing.
>>
>>64084465

No. They can wait until they go to college to decide for themselves.
>>
>>64084780
>Let's all hide indoors and be afraid
Nah, thanks though.
>>
>>64084722

He can suck it up until he moves out.
>>
I would let my wife's kid do whatever he wants. Right now 'Twan wants to be a basketball player.
>>
>>64084722
He'll understand when he grows up. If he doesn't, he's an even bigger babby than me then.
>>
>>64084551
Do people still buy Letterman jackets? Is that still a thing? Back when I was in high school(class of '06) hardly anyone had one. Seemed like only a couple jocks(like 3) and a ton of band geeks were rocking lettermans to put it into perspective.
>>
>>64084834
8/10
>>
>>64085094
>band geeks
This, newfag '15 here and only bandfags wore them, athletes just wore hoodies with "anonville football/water polo/basketball"

But i found one from my school from the 80's being sold in Italy
>>
>>64085215
WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON 4CHAN KID??? GET OUTTA HERE BEFORE YOUR WHOLE LIFE WASHES DOWN THE TOILET LIKE MINE DID!
>>
already had this discussion with my wife, it's the fastest we ever agreed with each other about anything

absolutely not with the sole exception being if one of our sons emanated a huge passion for the sport and he was visibly unhappy and/or down over a long period of time because we were not allowing him to play

that hasn't happened yet as both of them are enjoying baseball and like to watch football but haven't expressed any desire to play it
>>
>>64085297
Yes Uncle Jeb :(
>>
>>64085094
depends on where you went to school i guess, i was the class of 07 and the entire football team and baseball team all wore their letterman jackets on gamedays. sometimes we (baseball players) wore shirts and ties on gamedays but that was only if the captains were being dicks.
>>
>>64084465
Yes
>>
nope, they most certainly won't be playing a sport in which literally every player faces major injury.
>>
>>64084465
that picture is bullshit, all kids football leagues have weight limits to prevent this kind of thing
>>
>>64085305
>baseball
At least get your kids to play a relevant sport
>>
>>64085094
It just depends. They're really, really popular in smaller towns that center much of their culture around one high school that everyone knows. They're also still a thing in a lot of Texas high schools form what I've been told. We didn't have them in my high school in North Carolina but I'm sure it was a thing in some of the rural counties.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 620x610) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 620x610
>>64084465
Helmet technology has advanced so much more in the past 5 years than the 25 years before that, aslong as he wore a good protective helmet like pic related instead of a concussion bucket like Brady, Rivers, Brees, AP and so on wear

Those old schutts basically give you free CTE
>>
>>64084854
You're gonna really stunt his growth m8
>>
>>64085411
if you don't think baseball's resurgence is inevitable in the next 10-20 years as the NFL falls apart with all these life threatening injuries you're an idiot

pop warner and midget football league numbers are in the toilet because no parents want their kids playing football anymore
>>
>>64085423
Wait you actually think the new helmet designs prevent concussions?
>>
>>64084465

Yes, but I'd teach him how to properly tackle first.
>>
>>64085305
>baseball

Unless you want your kids to be weird faggots teach them lacrosse (East Coast or California), basketball, or soccer (if it is popular in your area).
>>
>>64085447
That's actually a myth, football enrollment numbers are down, but so are every other sport's. Kids are just playing less sports in general now
>>
>>64085480
>baseball players
>weird faggots

>lacrosse
>soccer
>not weird faggots

fuck off euroboo
>>
I would let my kid play it if he wants to, but only when he's 15. What kind of retarded redneck would like a kid in elementary school play football?
>>
>>64085423

Brah, those lightweight helmets cause more concussions then they prevent
>>
>>64085094
Class of '06 here too. How time flies ;_;
>>
>>64085512
Wait is lacrosse even big in Europe? Box lacrosse is so much fun but I don't really like field lacrosse.
>>
>>64085468
see we (my wife and I) had this same discussion but we decided its no different than driving, you can be a perfect driver but there's nothing you can do about an idiot running a red light

the difference is a car has airbags and seatbelts and all kinds of other safety measures whereas all you have to protect yourself on the football field is a piece of plastic that is also useless if one idiot lowers his head to torpedo himself at you as you're going to the ground.

it literally takes one late hit to cripple somebody in football.
>>
>>64085512
>implying baseball kids aren't the weirdest group of faggots that only keep to themselves
>>
No football is gay and not a lot of money in the sport to justify it.
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 1024x768
>>64085458
http://www.beam.vt.edu/helmet/helmets_football.php

Actually i do, new helmets (Speed/360/Speedflex) are safer than decade old Schutt Airs where its literally styrofoam, why do you think Highschools are all buying new helmets? Because they look edgy and cool? Virginia Tech does a really good job testing the helmets on a year to year basis
>>
>>64085094
07, I wore mine all the time. Even wore it a couple of times as a college freshman. I didn't know any better.
>>
>>64085558
It takes one person landing on your ankle to cripple you in basketball

It takes one bad cross-check/shot to the nuts to require surgery in lacrosse and hockey

It takes one fastball to the face to lose vision in one eye

All sports are dangerous (except soccer at youth levels).
>>
>>64085567
They're safer, but they don't prevent concussions.
>>
File: oh man.jpg (10 KB, 329x281) Image search: [Google]
oh man.jpg
10 KB, 329x281
>>64085558

>getting hit by a player who is looking at the ground
>>
>>64085601
how many times do you see even kids taking fastballs to the face? i mean full on, not turning their head, just staring at it and taking it to the face? come on dude.

the other two injuries are not going to turn you into a quadriplegic or give you early onset alzheimers.
>>
>>64085512
Lacrosse was invented in the US, idiot.
>>
>>64085601
Needing surgery on an injury isn't comparable to long term brain damage.

A baseball to the face is the only real risk, but that's much rarer than a dirty or unlucky hit in football
>>
>>64085094

TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
>>
>>64085601
A rolled ankle isn't going to cripple you for life bruv
>>
>>64085558

I agree. If a kid can't avoid a hit from a player with his head down then he shouldn't play a contact sport. They're more of a danger to themselves than anyone else on the field.
>>
>>64085614
Exactly, theyre significantly safer than than the ones most of us used, and thats why id be okay with him playing in highschool
>>
>>64085702
that's funny because nfl players get torpedo'd by guys with their heads down every single game
>>
>>64085708
But he's still highly likely to get concussions or at the very least head trauma from repeated tackles, better helmets don't prevent these things.
>>
I'd direct them to other sports, which shouldn't be an issue since where I live football is on the same level as high jump in popularity (ie some people do it, but they're a small minority).

In the unlikely case that he developed a passion for the sport, I'd let him, but not until he's older.
>>
>>64085601
Soccer at youth levels has been found to be dangerous. Heading the ball can lead to concussions or other long term brain injuries.
>>
>>64085702
You've clearly never played football if you think you can avoid every tackle as long as they're not looking at you.
>>
>>64084652
i've played all of those and suffered my worse injury in soccer and it was fucking little kid soccer too.
>>
>>64085771
Anecdotal evidence.

Average youth football deaths per year: 12
Average youth soccer deaths per year: 0
>>
>>64085795
How about I take an AK to a youth soccer game and we see how much that number skyrockets faggot
>>
>>64085866

Reported to the authorites
>>
>>64085795
0 deaths? bullshit. there's bound to be a kid that collapsed and died because of some pre existing condition that went undetected.

go ahead and find the real number and adjust it with how many kids play football in the US vs. soccer.
>>
I'd let him do what he wants but I'd encourage him to take up rugby. I think taking part in team contact sports is a vital part of growing into a man and I'm certainly glad my dad took me down to the rugby club when I was 9
>>
Flag football, maybe, but it's not as fun and a lot lamer

The problem with football is that a guy gets hit from an indefensible position by someone moving full force, and that this happens with regularity

Hockey, Lacrosse, and Rugby all have fairly intense and rigorous physical contact, but the amount of concussions is drastically less because the players do not get blind-sided. Obviously there are still concussions in each of them, but it's clearly a far smaller problem than that of football

Also, Lacrosse and Hockey only have contact introduced at around the age of 10-11 years old, meaning that their precious little developing brains aren't scrambled at a particularly vulnerable age
>>
>>64085759

Former D-1 tight end, brah. If anyone ever got tackled by blind defender, coach would go absolutely apeshit. If you're not looking at who's coming at you, then what the fuck are you looking at?
>>
>>64084475
I didn't know Muslims hated black People

Thanks for enlightening me Mohammed
>>
File: PARRAMORE-1-DSC_5094.jpg (87 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
PARRAMORE-1-DSC_5094.jpg
87 KB, 600x340
>>64085866
>>64085876
I sent in the tip boys.
>>
>>64085866
dubs confirms it. Feds are coming.
>>
>>64085947
Except not every hit comes from in front of you, or you can be off balance and unable to avoid it, or a 2nd player can hit you while you're being wrapped up. Not to mention dirty hits after the whistle. These scenarios happen every game.
>>
>>64085963
i wonder if he's full aryan brotherhood yet
>>
I dunno how it's taught in America (assume it's similar since we had a D2 coach at my uni) but when I played football we were taught tackling with a very different technique to a rugby tackle, and it put your head in a much worse position in terms of taking a big knock. I genuinely think if football teams started teaching chop tackles instead of the more vertical tackles you see then concussions would be much less likely. Not sure how you'd implement that on the line though. Maybe replace the hard pads and helmet with smaller, softer ones?
>>
>>64085961
Arabs castrated male slaves and basically used female slaves as fleshlights. White slaveowners were far more lax with their slaves.
>>
>>64086044
Teams are teaching rugby tackles now. Its the new big thing

>hawk tackling technique
>>
>>64086073
>hawk tackling technique
Is that honestly what they call it? Jesus
But yeah, the justification I got when I asked my coach about it was that rugby tackles tend to give up yardage
>>
>>64086030

Your coaches failed you, brah

>not every hit comes from in front of you

Play with your head up, don't take your eyes off the hit.

>you can be off balance and unable to avoid it

Don't be off balance. As you said, you can't always control it, but you can most of the time. Additionally, you must always keep your head up and maintain personal body control. You may not always be able to control where your body moves all the time. but you are in control of how it moves. Shifting your angles is a horribly overlooked part of the game.

> 2nd player can hit you while you're being wrapped up

Again, always keep your head up. Use the second hit to aid your own momentum by seeing the hit and shifit your body position. you'll see the hit because your head is up.

>dirty hits after the whistle

Again, not completely unavoidable, but you can put yourself in the best position to deal with such a hit by maintaining body control. If your going down from a tackle or anything else, you must control your fall. we were coached to always be shifting your body when hitting the ground. Never Just flop and lay there. you always have a feel for how the game is flowing and you can position yourself accordingly.
>>
>>64086060
Oh that's why Swedish people hate blacks. Those crazy Muslims!

Good times, good times
>>
yes, but I'd let him know how dangerous it is in the higher leauges
>>
>>64084465
My wife is really protective of her son so probably not
>>
>>64086194
Oh that seems pretty easy, I guess now no one will have concussion and head trauma issues playing football, thanks for solving that problem.
>>
>>64085537
No kidding. 10 years right around the corner.
>>
>>64086194

I suppose all of these NFL players' coaches failed them, too, right. I mean, if they were taught how to play the game properly, they would always be able to defend themselves just by playing with savvy, and not getting into stick positions.
>>
>>64086142
Seems a strange observation, the aim in league at least is to get the guy turned around to delay him playing the ball to let the defence set/rest etc, and the aim in american football is to make sure the man can't get any more yardage so the same basic principle is to get the man on his back, in league obv you need to turn him round if possible but its the same shit
>>
Absolutely not
>>
I'm going to make my kid play soccer, maybe baseball, and we'll casually play basketball/football together, and he'll decide if he wants to do either of those. Lacrosse would also be pretty good because lacrosse isn't seen as a loser sport where I'm from.
>>
>>64086389
i think he meant that if you take the bloke round his knees there's a chance they'll fall forwards rather than back
Same with if you're making a cover tackle, putting your head behind them as you would in rugby means they might get another little bit going forwards
>>
No I would not. And I definitely would have reservations about them playing soccer as its also a contact sport with its fair share of concussions.
>>
>>64085423
Helmets don't change the basic laws of physics. They're really just bandaids for the desired change in tackling we need to reduce this, that won't happen until we get a new generation of coaches into the system.
>>
>>64086317
>>64086379

Come on guys, don't be obstinate. You'll never be able to eliminate concussions from any sport, but you can teach techniques that put you in a better position to avoid them.

>if they were taught how to play the game properly

Exactly. Starting from high school, coaches are reticent to have full contact, full tackling practices in a effort to prevent overall injuries. Combine that with a game culture that emphasizes doing everything you can to make a play and you have a situation where basic technique is ignored. These coaches, college and pro level, need to win now or they lose their job. They can't afford to sit their better players for not having good tackling technique, especially if they are making plays in the other areas of their game.

College practice rules are so restrictive in terms of how much time you are allotted to practice in pads that tackling technique is not given the proper emphasis. it's only now starting to change because of the problems surrounding concussion injuries. The concussion issues we see today aren't increasing because there is less stigma surrounding whether or not reporting them makes you a wuss. They are increasing because technique has been gradually getting worse.

Keep in mind that the majority of football players do not get concussions, even if there are more concussions being reported now. That's not to say that concussions are a minor issue. It just needs to be said for the sake of perspective. The number of concussions are not egregious, it is the after effects and our past handling of them that is.
>>
File: palmface.jpg (11 KB, 388x384) Image search: [Google]
palmface.jpg
11 KB, 388x384
>>64085567
>>64085423

>in order to make football safer we will take this piece of equipment, one that has often been compared to a weapon, and make it lighter, more aerodynamic, and more comfortable to move in while playing at high speeds.
>>
>>64086835

>that won't happen until we get a new generation of coaches into the system.

right on point, brah. Current coaches are starting to catch up too. Look at what Pete Carrol is doing in Seattle.
>>
This is why half the population have turned into pussies. Enjoy your lady boy children you bunch of freaks.
>>
>>64085537
08 here, most varsity athletes had letterman jackets in my school
>>
>>64085645
Twice
>>
>>64085094

Same at my school. And the jocks that did were on the wrestling team.
>>
>>64084589
And they build mental retardation too
>>
If he was good and I had good insurance.
>>
>>64085423

I dont think that will work
>>
>>64085645

I saw a pitcher take a fastball to the face once. It looked like his fucking nose exploded.

Saw another guy break his ankle rounding third. For some reason he stepped on the outer top portion of the bag. Foot slid off at full force and the cleats caught the edge. Never heard someone cream the way he did.
>>
>>64085094
My sister has a Letterman jacket.
>>
>>64085540
We play field hockey
>>
>>64085645
I took one from my dad once, it was a line drive straight to my jaw. Fucking hurt for like 3 weeks. Never played baseball again.
>>
Yes
The concussion issue is a result of long term head trauma. Playing up to Jr high is not only not as physical as professional, but also a shorter time span
>Implying my kid will be good enough to play HS
>>
My kid will play little league and vollyball
>>
>>64088606
My kid will play wee league and jollyball
>>
File: concussion.jpg (18 KB, 630x375) Image search: [Google]
concussion.jpg
18 KB, 630x375
>>64085423
>>
ya, just teach them how to tackle properly
>>
>>64084465
No.
It also helps that football is a lame sport for morons.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 620x400
>>64087578
>lets make these new helmets more safe by adding new technology that absorbs shock to make the player as safe as possible
>trying to deny scientific proof that new helmets are safer than ever before
>(you)
>>
>>64085590
Hey don't beat yourself up. Not everyone who wears a Letterman jackets outside of high school is a loser. Pic VERY related.
>>
No we play basketball in my family.
>>
>>64092264
I went to a really small school and was the big fish in a small pond. I didn't know it was considered lame. I also wore jorts that year.
>>
>>64085601
>except soccer at youth levels
so you can get injureed in basketball but not in soccer according to you? That makes sense.
>>
I would let him play football but honestly the Cost of Body > Actual Pay ratio is terrible. You can get paid way more playing baseball and take way less punishment on the body. Hell I'd rather my kid play basketball than football

Also

>White atheletes
>>
I'd rather have a kid that's willing to play through the risks, than a fag.
>>
>>64084465

honestly no, and I played it through high school and love it more than anything else to this day.

it just isn't worth possibly welkering my kid
>>
>>64084465
It'd require me to have a GF.

And the kid would be destined for being a manlet. Manlets can't play handegg. They play divegrass.

Not having him play handegg wouldn't be safety issues. It'd be because he'd be doomed to failure in it.
>>
>>64085702

>i've never actually played football before, the post
>>
>>64084465
so what other sports are going to egt all the kids that will not play american football? baseball and basketball i asume, maybe divegrass to a lesser extent.
>>
>>64094797

white people have to play something so soccer or baseball
>>
>>64084465
if he wanted to, but i'm going to straight up tell him at a young age that he will never amount to an nfl athlete because he will inherit my genes and not be a tall qb or beast tight end, and will probably inherit my laziness to be a good running back or receiver. my child will be smart as fuck though, and i will teach him how to jedi mind trick women into sleeping with him.
>>
>>64087734
Also because a large percentage of the other half who played football are dying much earlier
>>
>>64084465
if they want to. i'll just tell him to be a backup if they're that worried about concussions
>>
>>64094841

>implying Steph Memey isn't ushering in a whole new era of young white 3 pointbabbys
>>
>>64094594
>tfw the white race is making a resurgence in athletics
eat shit cück, go babysit your gf's black son
>>
>>64095375
citation needed
>>
Yes. Let's be candid, all the studies are from NFL players who had problems bad enough that they donated their brains.

So this is
1.) Not going to be true for someone who plays ~4 years in a lot less high impact environment. High school is nowhere near as hard hitting as the NFL.

2.) Not even true for the average NFL player. For every Seau, there seems to be 15 guys that just have bad knees or back at 55 like most of the population anyways.

I have no idea how this issue trickled down to youth football, where the hits are as hard and the careers aren't nearly as long with nearly as many games. An NFL player will play 15 years including college with incredibly powerful hits. Very VERY few high schoolers are are getting permanent brain damage. I'd wager far more are obese.
>>
only girlymen get concussions, us thick skulled manly men are immune
>>
>>64086194
Obvious troll is obvious
>>
As long as my kid is as big as I was when I was kid I'd let him play.
>tfw always 90%+ height/weight percentile
Can't get hurt if you're bigger thtna everyone else
>>
File: pennystare.jpg (22 KB, 404x547) Image search: [Google]
pennystare.jpg
22 KB, 404x547
>>64084465
>what we know now

it has always been known

my dad played D1 in the late 60s and everyone knew what the deal was

we just have more visibility now that players discovered they can sue the nfl for it

i would do the same thing my dad did for me, let me play other sports to build my athleticism, watch football games together so i understand the game, then let me try football in highschool to see if i like it

kids dont need to start smashing heads together before that
>>
>>64085393
yeah i grew up wrestling, in 7th and 8th grade i wrestled at 150 and 160. i had sub 8% bodyfat and walked around 5-10 lbs heavier so i couldnt go any lower at that age

the pop warner weight limits were 130 and 140 for those years

i literally was not allowed to play football unless i played in a 16+ year old league with kids way older than me
>>
I'm not surprised the majority of people here are saying no . You guys are a bunch of pussies if u think ur gonna die playing football.
>>
>>64084465
Of course I would you fucking pussy. I also would fuck my son in the ass everyday before school to make his ass tougher. I believe in raising children the right way.
>>
>>64084465
Moot, he was never going to play football. Rugby or bust.
>>
>>64098598

logic? on my /sp/? wasn't aware this was opposite day.
>>
>>64085601
Soccer at competitive youth levels is really dangerous. When 11 at a select tournament in saint Louis. I say a kid break leg to he point where it came out of the skin. Shit was nasty
>>
>>64084465
I played 4 years of high school ball and it has shaped me into the man I am today, you can cure concussions but you can't cure being a pussy
>>
>>64084465
I'd fucking love to yes.
I'd fucking live to say I'd at least let them play flag football, but the truth is the more years they play flag, the further behind they'll get kids who start early in whatever other sports my kid decides to take up after flag

...so no.
Still love to watch though.

ALSO: at least the NFL has billions, but as soon as MMA athletes start suing the UFC, the UFC is going down in flames.
>>
>>64100370
I think your concussions have had a greater affect than you realize.
Also, I let my wife's son play because it helps him make friends
>>
>>64084722
>I get not WANTING to see him get hurt, but what do you do if he really wants to play?

What do you do if he really wants chocolate every night instead of dinner? Act like a fucking parent and say NO.
>>
>>64085215
You must be 18 years or older to post here enjoy your ban kiddo
>>
>>64088477
My school has a no cut freshman team and we still made it to state in the top division as a public school. We got to semi finals
>>
>>64100370
>you can cure concussions but you can't cure being a pussy

bro, I think your concussions made you this stupid, cuz this is really, really stupid.
>>
>>64100428
By my school I meant the school i went to to
>>
>>64085305
>absolutely not with the sole exception being if one of our sons emanated a huge passion for the sport and he was visibly unhappy and/or down over a long period of time because we were not allowing him to play

you're going to raise a fucking brat if you hold to your principles UNLESS your kid sulks.
grow some balls, please - there are already too many spoiled shits out there now.
>>
>>64100393
>>64100433
being a pussy is a life long affliction with no cure breh

a few concussions never killed anyone those nfl suicides are from guys with thousands of concussions
>>
Basketball is cooler and it's what I played growing up so I'll just encourage that instead.

Or soccer, seeing as a family friend's son just got a full-ride offer for that from Stanford...as a junior in high school. And another of his kids is already at a D-I school tearing it up on a scholly. And all that dad played growing up was men's volleyball. Seems like a sport that as long as you dedicate your kid to playing in an academy system unlike all the other kids, he has a chance to make it.
>>
File: pepe motion.gif (2 MB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
pepe motion.gif
2 MB, 500x490
>>64085393
>>64098659

kek
if you guys really think the weight of your opponents is an important contributing factor to concussions, you must have had a handful of concussions yourself.
>>
>>64100462
>a few concussions never killed anyone those nfl suicides are from guys with thousands of concussions
omg.
you are embarrassing yourself.
just read the science, Ken Shamrock.
>>
>>64098598
>i would do the same thing my dad did for me, let me play other sports to build my athleticism, watch football games together so i understand the game, then let me try football in highschool to see if i like it
Received the same treatment. Dad never played beyond high school but he won a state championship there.
>>
>>64100464
Ok here's what you are going to do
Give him a healthy diet starting day one.
Enroll him in soccer camps from 2-6 once he gets 6 have him play for the best club team in the area I mean do your research for this shit. Have him go to camps with the team. When he gets 5th grade get him on a MRL team it's expensive travels a lot but worth it. Have him try out for academy 6th grade. The best way to know If it's a good academy is if they don't let him play high school. If they don't that's good. Final step have him go to Harvard. Also make sure he knows Spanish, German, English, and Italian.
>>
>>64100507
>not playing the sport before high school
Definitely didn't start
>>
I can't have kids
>>
>>64100564
>Adopt black kid
> feed him a diet if spaghetti and milk
>have him work out every day
>have him play football
>his size + strength makes him get scholarships
>he goes pro
>take his money
>>
>>64100556
You're right. But the 2 receivers who started ahead of me never played before high school either. We were all basketball players and they were just athletic and black while I could run great routes but was white.

Went back to focusing basketball after that.
>>
>>64100598
he sues your ass into last decade
buys your house and evicts you
you end up homeless
every Wednesday in the off-season a limo pulls up to your cardboard house
your son gets out and pisses on you and your house
drives off playing the Facts of Life theme song
>>
>>64100453
>missing the entire "long period of time" portion of that

kids mope around and pout about bullshit things for a short while and get over it

when they are truly down and unhappy over a great length of time about something, its something they likely have a passion for or a strong interest in. leashing them from that would be a terrible thing to do.
>>
>>64100542
That family friend I mentioned lives in SoCal so he put his kids in the Los Angeles Galaxy's academy and yeah, they didn't play high school. I seriously hope this shit doesn't catch on before I can set my future son up for life on it.
>>
>>64100630
It won't catch on most soccer moms aren't smart enough to see this they just go with what ever team Their kid wants
>>
>>64100542
>Final step have him go to Harvard. Also make sure he knows Spanish, German, English, and Italian.
So, do a bunch of really easy shit, then do some extremely difficult, nearly impossible shit for most kids. Sounds like a plan.

tuition+fees+room&board for Harvard cost $61,000 this year, and it ain't getting cheaper.
>>
>>64100630
>I seriously hope this shit doesn't catch on before I can set my future son up for life on it.

>my future son

You know where you're posting, right mate?
>>
>>64100474
all i said was the picture was bullshit because there can't be a size discrepancy that large in a youth football league

you can't have that big of a difference in size until high school and in high school if you're not comparable in size or stupid fast you won't make the team
>>
>>64100627
kids don't pout for "long periods of time", m8.
>>
>>64100669
Harvard gives out hella soccer scholarships a buddys brother got a full ride
>>
>>64100678
I'm 24 grandpa shit give me a sec to find a wife and settle down
>>
>>64085963

does anyone have the video of him getting baptised?

he did it just to get a laugh from spee right?

"yus sur"

erry time
>>
>>64100630
>I seriously hope this shit doesn't catch on before I can set my future son up for life on it
you need certain amout of innate talent to be good at divegrass ( just like with everything else)
>>
If my son wanted to play sports for a living I would make him play boreball. Football is only for roiding nigs and white privileged kids.
>>
>>64084465
Only in HS
>>
>>64085902
more kids play soccer than football in the US
in case you didn't know
>>
File: 1449634770928.png (34 KB, 553x644) Image search: [Google]
1449634770928.png
34 KB, 553x644
>>64085447
doesn't even need a resurgance desu

>>64085305
>you

>>64085662
>A baseball to the face is the only real risk
>tfw it's true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvfPjkbk5BA

though I think for little kids the most common cause of death in baseball is getting struck in the chest, usually while fielding I think
>>
>>64101411
>you'd the wrong person desu
>>64085411
>>
>>64100474
weight is a contributing factor in how hard a player can hit another player, which is the cause of concussions
>>
>>64084465
>would you let your kid play football?
fuck that, Ill have them play a league where they can make mass money, the MLB
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.