[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think is the all time starting 5 for NBA? If you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1340119967443.jpg (251 KB, 1167x778) Image search: [Google]
1340119967443.jpg
251 KB, 1167x778
What do you think is the all time starting 5 for NBA?

If you look at the PER career averages it's;

>Magic
>Jordan
>Lebron
>Duncan
>shaw

if you consider best PER for individual seasons its;

>Curry
>Jordan
>Lebron
>Duncan
>Wilt

Do you think any of these are the best? Would you have people like Hakeem, Bird, Erving, Pippen, Russell etc. in the all time starting 5?
>>
personally

>stockton
>jordan
>bird
>KG
>hakeem
>>
the individual season PER team looks very scary, prob the best you can get
>>
Curry
Rose
Lebron
Shaq
Wilt
>>
-stockton
-jordan
-lebron or bird, it's really a toss-up if we're talking a jump shooter
-malone
-hakeem

1 that plays his position correctly, a 2 that can shoot/slash/come off the pick, 3 that can get open and knock down the open shot, strong 4 that can bully and grab boards, 5 that has superior post game
>>
>>64081051
wait

there are positions in basketball

wtf
>>
>>64080969
>>64081029
>>64081051
why would you not have Duncan?
>>
>>64081070

Not that guy, Duncan is soft.
>>
File: tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>64081056
>>
>>64080962
>Magic
>Jordan
>Bird
>Duncan
>Kareem/Wilt
>>
Lin
Kobr
Deng
Lebron
Shaw
>>
What you have to remember is those players didnt put up those numbers playing with other hall of famers.

Magic, Jordan, Lebron, Duncan, Shaw is basically the best individual starting 5 but would they work as a good team?

While Jordan is the only out and out ball hog, both Magic and Lebron need the ball in their hands a lot too as playmakers. TD of course is a consumate team player and glue guy. No issues there. And Shaw is the most dominate center ever.

It's also a solid defensive team at every position.

The one thing I think kills it for me, is there's no spacing. No ones a knockdown shooter from outside. While only in the modern era has the 3 pointer become heavily used, it's always been at least relevant.

I would have

PG Nash (Replace with Curry if he keeps up what he has done for 22 games over 82)
SG Jordan
SF Pippen (GOAT wing defense and 3 point shot)
PF Duncan
C Hakeem (Has an actual mid range and more mobile defender than Shaq)
>>
PG: Steph (space, most gravity of any player ever)
SG: MJ (hes mj)
SF: LeBron (hes lebron)
PF: KG (elite versatile defender and 18 ft jumper)
C: Hakeem (elite athletic defender and commands double teams on offense)

the only position thats arguable is PF tbhfam
>>
>>64080962
>yfw you reverse image search that op pic
>>
File: 1317053163837.jpg (29 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1317053163837.jpg
29 KB, 250x250
>>64081652
>Jordan
>ball hog
>>
>>64081757
stop reverse searching my waifu please
>>
>jiggaboo jam
>>
>>64080962
>Chaunsey Billups
>"Radio" Rasheed Wallace
>"Big" Ben Wallace
>Richard "Rip" Hamilton
>Tayshaun Prince
>>
>>64080962

I am looking for sauce on this pic for 5 years now! And its always a turk that posts is for some reason.
>>
>>64081895
Anon, that girl is probably heroin'd out by this point, let her go, I did a long time ago.
>>
>>64081895
>>64081939
I actually found the source earlier this year.
>>
>>64081082

Look at this 12 year old
>>
>>64080962
>Curry
>Jordan
>Lebron
>Duncan
>Wilt

would literally go 82-0
>>
>>64082193
replace Wilt with Russell and I'd agree. With Curry and MJ, defense and rebounding are more important than another scorer
>>
Kareem/Shaq
Duncan
Bird
Jordan
Magic

its that easy.
>>
A. Iverson
T. McGrady
V. Carter
K. Malone
Hakeem
>>
>>64082028
Hey, Duncan is a hall of famer and deservingly so. But let's not act like he could bully his way in the paint.
>>
>People not picking Curry

Just having him on the team alone draws a defender out to halfcourt because if not he's just gonna make the 3
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.