[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest, with other top 6 teams dropping points to average
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1448138150875.jpg (15 KB, 500x307) Image search: [Google]
1448138150875.jpg
15 KB, 500x307
Be honest, with other top 6 teams dropping points to average teams, and Leicester picking points up against everyone except Arsenal so far, why are they not spoken about in a positive light?

It's always, muh form, and muh big teams.
Leicester have been to West Ham, Swansea, West Brom, and Newcastle picking up max points, getting draws against Stoke and Southampton.
They've lost 1 in 15, one game, against Arsenal and they still scored twice and looked comfortable in the game despite the score.

They play some beautiful football and the defence has improved tenfold since the start of the season, Leicester havn't conceeded a goal from open play since October 3rd.

How far can they go?
>>
File: 09 - stmb6hZ.jpg (253 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
09 - stmb6hZ.jpg
253 KB, 750x500
As a United fan this season, I do have to say I have been enjoying watching Leicester City play and they have been playing well but they do not have the depth over teams have.

If Vardy or Mahrez got injured tomorrow they'd be fucked which is a shame. if they added to the squad in January a few decent players then yeah they might get top 4 but then again Arsenal and City will find their form after Christmas.
>>
>>64080674
5th at best
>>
>>64080701
>do not have the depth
That's the point, what planet are the pundits and fans living on, Leicester have arguably thre strobgest depth in the league.

All the top 4 are relying on out of form players ot youth players, United have U19s on the bench.

Leicester's record signing can't even make the bench.
It's probably the fastest bench in the lague too. Schlupp, Nathan Dyer, Wasilewski.
>>
>>64080674
Leicester can't go for 38 games m8, play the same players every week and injuries rack up, while mental and physical fatigue take effect. Say Vardy and Mahrez get injured or lose form, what happens then? Not to mention its not as if they're miles ahead of the other teams right now, there's only 3pts between them and 4th place. The title race is tight as fuck right now, and it only takes a game or two to slip up. I can promise you they will not be in the top 3, if even the top 4 by February.
>>
>>64080886

yeah well, have you ever considered fucking off?
>>
>>64080905
srry m8
I'd like to see it happen if that counts for anything
>>
>>64080674
I'll wait until I see the games against City and Liverpool.
>>
>>64080987
I don't think they really matter, Chelsea in 2013-14 won all the top4 games and still finished third. Leicester can do it if they keep this for 23 more games, which means they can't do it.
>>
>>64080995
The point is that they smash all the lesser teams but they have dropped points against the teams closer to them, they're like the reverse of Chelsea 13/14 and a lot closer to post Highbury Arsenal.
>>
>>64080674
same reason everyone correctly wrote off those baby arsenal teams in the mid00s - no experience, they will choke when the going gets tough
>>
File: 1399217354659.jpg (37 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
1399217354659.jpg
37 KB, 569x428
>>64080886
Look At Arsenal. Play the same lads, have depth but it's fucking awful riddled with injuries, don't pick up points against the big teams yet consistently finish top 4.

If they keep doing what they are doing, I don't see a reason why they won't finish top 6.

Just find good times to rest players and they SHOULD be fine.

tbf it would be fucking great to have a shake up of the top 6.
>>
Leicester is literally Southampton from two seasons ago
>>
Reminder that Everton finished in 5th place a few seasons ago

Leicester doing the same is perfectly possible
>>
File: PremierLeague2000-01.png (71 KB, 927x584) Image search: [Google]
PremierLeague2000-01.png
71 KB, 927x584
>>64081266
You now remember that time Ipswich finished 5th. I'd love for Leicester to nab a CL place, but as others said I don't see them maintaining this form if any key players are injured, they still can't pull it off against the big teams and the top half of the table is still fairly tight right now. I think they'll have a similar run to that Ipswich one and finish top 6 but I'd hope they can prove me wrong.
>>
>>64080674
I legit think they will make top 4
>>
They'll win.
>>
>>64085491
No, I don't remember 15 years ago in sports.
>>
>>64085527
>he thinks 15 years is a long time

Please go back to /pol/ or /b/ or wherever you're from, kid.
>>
>>64085527
I don't expect you to remember something that happened before you were born anon.
>>
Arsenal are going to win it anyway. Ozil, Sanchez, Cech - 3 worldclass signings.
>>
>>64085574
>arsenal
>fitness
>depth
>mental strength

pick one and only ever one
>>
>>64085574
If they do win the league this season, it'll be because of Cech for sure.
>>
>tfw everyone forgets Palace are 6th and Liecester is everyone's scalp
>>
>>64080740
>Leicester have arguably thre strobgest depth in the league.
what the fuck is this shit
>>
>>64085772

Yes, three passes and vardy scores. He's right m8 fuccboi.
>>
>>64085772
Prove him wrong onii-chan
>>
>>64085837
in english depth means panchina lunga
>>
Nobody wants to see a non big team win the league.
>>
>>64085886
ha ok, ma si capiva che si riferiva al gioco.

mmerecani e inglesi sono dei cagacazzo

>>64085951
You're deluded, cvck
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.