[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Soccer really growing in ths US?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 13
File: CVE-MbuUkAAyZlU.png:large.png (24 KB, 592x561) Image search: [Google]
CVE-MbuUkAAyZlU.png:large.png
24 KB, 592x561
Is Soccer really growing in ths US?
>>
I hope not
>>
Well, not shrinking massively will be growth, given as divegrass will be slowly losing market shares worldwide.
>>
>>64067418
Yes. MLS doesn't encompass all of soccer. Americans have no problem watching quality like Bundesliga EPL and La Liga and of course championseagle and international competitors always get top ratings

MLS is simply shit and the American public has recognized that.
>>
>>64067472
*champions league

This fucking phone
>>
Yes. MLS's popularity isn't really a good measure of soccer's popularity in America. Soccer fans in the US prefer La Liga, the Premier League, and Liga MX. MLS is the 4th-most popular soccer league in its own country, it's kind of pathetic really.
>>
It quite obviously is. I don't know why you always use MLS a guide. That's like saying American Football isn't popluar in the UK because nobody watched the UK Handegg Championship.
>>
>>64067418
I have no idea, but that's not a good metric for measurement of the issue.
>>
MLS really isn't a good league so it's no surprise when the world's best handegg/basketball/baseball players are on the other channel.
>>
>>64067507
>I don't know why you always use MLS a guide
Because you need local growth for a sport to grow.
>>
Remove the salary cap and switch to youth academies instead """"""drafts""""""

Watch as the football quality goes through the team

>b-but LA and NYC will be dominant

Big guys get the big cups, simple as that
>>
>>64067472

This desu. I've seen people wearing Barca, Arsenal, United, Real, and even Bayern gear, I've never seen anyone wearing anything MLS-related except when I was at a DC United game. I've heard people at fucking McDonald's talk about Manchester United and classmates arguing about Lewandowski vs Aguero, never heard anyone say a word about MLS or Giovinco vs Dempsey.
>>
If you look at nearly every television broadcast in 2015 vs a contemporary in the 90s the graph will look the same. TV ratings are down all across the board because there are so many other options available.
Of course that doesn't change how amateurish and pathetic the MLS is.
>>
>>64067522

Well this is clearly not true. NFL is popular around the world and growing.

Basketball fans watch the NBA ahead of their local leagues.

Americans watch European football ahead of MLS
>>
>>64067572
>NFL is popular around the world and growing
no it isn't/
>>
>>64067522
There is plenty of local growth on the youth and college level, the MLS simply doesn't enter into the thoughts of locals.
>>
>>64067418
No one wants to watch 5th tier leagues

They want to watch the best of the best
>>
>>64067522
The problem is that the MLS is a bad system and is preventing any growth or interest in a domestic league.
>>
>>64067572

>NFL is popular around the world and growing.

People outside of the US literally have no idea about the NFL other than its a sport played in the US, no one knows how many teams there are, how long the league has existed, best players, etc.

NFL is literally dead outside the US
>>
>>64067418
do you have 2015 TV rating?
>>
People in america think soccer is evil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBkbj_S3etY
>>
>>64067472
MLS isn't that shit to be honest. It's not as good as the bigger leagues, granted, but it's definitely watchable.
>>
MLS ratings don't reflect the growth of soccer in the US since that growth is based on foreign-born fans watching foreign leagues on foreign-language channels.
>>
>>64067651
I like how if you don't like soccer you are automatically some sort of conservative nutjob.

Some people just don't like soccer.
>>
once people got a glimpse of the supporter groups in the mls they stopped watching
>>
>>64067678
Said while literally replying to a video of a conservative nutjob.
>>
>>64067647
>>
>>64067690
This, I really think the lameness of these supporter groups really keeps people from coming back.
>>
File: 1391456494493.jpg (83 KB, 839x560) Image search: [Google]
1391456494493.jpg
83 KB, 839x560
>>64067643
Not true, at least for Germany. They are for the first time ever showing regular season games on free tv here. Two games a week live + all playoff games.
The ratings are looking promising as well.
>>
>>64067418
No
Whatever the auidence for the international games is, it's still quite small compared to really everything else
>>
>>64067690
the supporter culture can be pretty offputting, even if they are a vocal minority.
>>
>>64067735
Euroboos are that way too
>>
>>64067696
what about the soccerb owl final?
>>
>>64067763
You mean the world cup? 9.1
>>
You have to speculate to accumulate.

The salaries being paid to the average MLS player are actually laughable - they'd make more playing in the fucking SPL. As a result, the sport will never attract America's top sporting talent. Baring a few players who made it eventually to the PL, most 'draft picks' would make more money managing a fucking Bo Jangles, and have a longer career at it too.

When MLS clubs are allowed to act like private enterprises - and take on debt if required - then the MLS will have sporting talent to make it attractive to the average football viewer. Till then, people will go on not giving a fuck.
>>
>>64067418
A better measurement would be the american audience for the CL, imo.

For example, we have a really good basket league, but the NBA is so much better by a landslide, and people that really love basket watch and follow NBA too as best as they can. Back in the 00's I used to be a huge starcraft nerd and I would end up following korean players before anyone else, even if we had some competitive players.

I'm shit at comparisons, but I think you get what i'm trying to say here.
>>
>>64067877
>When MLS clubs are allowed to act like private enterprises - and take on debt if required
And when no money comes?
>>
>>64067418

>comparing TV ratings from the 20th century to the 21st century

i know you underage fags don't remember anything from before 2005, but let me tell you there were a lot more people watching live TV back in the day. Ratings for everything were super inflated compared to today. If anything I'd say the sentiment towards soccer has remained largely the same
>>
>>64067900
Still a bad comparison as those games are going against nothing else and the MLS game had a fucking NFL game to go against it
>>
>>64067932
Lol, i bet if the MLS cup scored a 10.0 rating, ratings would automatically matter.
>>
>>64067933
>those games are going against nothing else

Nigger, they have REAL MADrid and Barca to watch
>>
>>64067730

Nigga, I am from the UK and have spent a shit tonne of time in DE. I was there last week even.

NFL is a passing curiosity for the EU hispster and nothing more. Soon they'll be NHL fans, like a lot of my friends back home who have come and gone by the NFL as they started to push it on UK tv
>>
>>64067643

I can't speak for the rest of the world but it absolutely is growing in UK and Ireland. This isn't up for debate. Do you think they are putting all these games in London for the laugh?

Every single NFL game is shown live on tv here. There are highlights shows and everything.

It's still a minority sport for sure but it's rapidly growing.
>>
>>64067933
Do you think the MLS final would somehow get a bigger rating if they played it on a Wednesday at 2pm? Is that what you are saying?
>>
>>64067877
I blame the Jewish Communist American sporting system for this desu. The only excuse for drafts and salary caps is muh parity but you still get powerhouse teams like the Cheatriots, Warriors and LA Galelxy
>>
>>64067903

Well then you file chapter 11 and say "at least we gave it a shot". Right now though, the profits made by MLS clubs are killing the sport and the inability to reinvest of even happily break even, are killing the sport.
>>
>>64067667
which is better, MLS or eredivisie

or MLS and superlig
>>
>>64067952
Your anecdotes are trash
>>
>>64067949
Are you stupid? Real and Barca were not playing at the same time as the MLS stuff last night, only the NFL
>>
Make games earlier. Brazilian league had a big attendance and audience boost during winter thanks to pushing Saturday and Sunday games to 11AM-1PM starts. Soccer in the U.S. is already a family thing anyways, no need for it to start late afternoon or at night on weekends, having to compete with other sports.
>>
>>64067990

No-one here is talking in data and numbers, asshole. My anecdotes stack up as well as any others' in this thread. You're the cunt everyone leaves the pub for.
>>
>>64068032
Wouldn't want to do that on Sundays, you're competing still with a ton of football and same on Saturdays with college football
>>
>>64067986
They both have equally shitty defenders so they are similar in that regard but PSV would still beat the best MLS teams by a 2 goal margin.
>>
>>64067982
If they fail then soccer has no chance
MLS has made strides in their academies and been investing in player development
But the league's main objective right now is to survive
>>64067965
No
But MLS has its best ratings in July/August when there's only baseball to compete with
>>
>>64068032
They don't have attendance problems
They have bigger attendances than MLB & NHL
It's the ratings they have trouble with
>>
A big problem is that they schedule the playoffs to occur with international breaks right in the middle, thus killing any slight momentum from the previous rounds
>>
>>64068106
>They have bigger attendances than MLB & NHL
The reason is a lot of MLS clubs give out free tickets and the tickets are extremely cheap.
>>
>>64067580
It is.
Growth in Brazil is crazy.
You get into a college class and possible 1/5 of the guys follow the NFL.
>>
>>64068078

I think it has already proved it can survive. And with foreign investment in the form of satellite clubs, it has shown it can grow semi-organically.

With the new TV deals in Europe, and their clubs vying for american dinero, now is the time for the MLS to double down or sit down as the sideline amateur it seems to aspire to be.
>>
>>64068078
This isnt 2002 m8. Most MLS clubs arent struggling to stay afloat because the jews in charge like Garber made sure to not go full retard like the 1980s NASL. The problem is that it takes time to grow a sporting culture. A couple decades down the line and soccer might end up as the number 3 or 2 sport. Everyone during the 1940s thought basebore was untouchable and then a few decades later football took over as the number 1 sport.
>>
>>64067958
>Every single NFL game is shown live on tv here. There are highlights shows and everything.

There are NFL and baseball games in argie tv too, nobody watches them.
>>
>>64068106
They have a lot of trouble actually filling their large outdoor stadiums.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-07-12-06-42.png (248 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-07-12-06-42.png
248 KB, 1440x2560
>>64068106
You mean NBA and NHL
>>
>>64067418
"official TV ratings"
"created with Datawrapper"

Uh, we aren't THAT stupid, m8.
>>
Why does the MLS season end in December anyway? Who decided this was how they should schedule their calendar? Surely there's a better slot in the American sporting year for them to plan around

>>64068157

Fair enough but I'm just speaking for the UK and Ireland. People are watching these games and it's an increasing number of people each year.
>>
Why does viewership of the MLS solely determine growth of the sport in the US? Perhaps champions league EPL and bundasliga (nationally televised leagues) would be a better measuring stick.
>>
>>64068128
I wasn't making it a contest
Just pointing out where MLS' problems lie
>>64068143
And do what exactly?
>>
MLS teams right now are average but the academies arent as bad as the teams tbhqh. I think the Red Bulls have the best youth academy rn. Manure are in the process of getting a RB 17 year old from the academy.
>>
>>64068193
What's wrong anon?
>>
>>64068168
Yeah I did
Sorry, my bad
>>64068161
It's not like they're only getting 7,000 like the NASL
>>64068197
Um, no there isn't
>>
>>64067538
loads of people in Vancouver wear Whitecaps gear

>>64067572
Except that's not true.
>>
File: 1443754015314.png (99 KB, 494x254) Image search: [Google]
1443754015314.png
99 KB, 494x254
>>64067572

>People actually believe this
>>
>People arguing about the dumb analogy made about the NFL and ignoring the topic of the thread

MLS shills deflecting yet again lmao
>>
>>64067643
NFL aint dead in the UK, I play it here and there is a program on Channel 4 for it (Though late at night) there is also a push with it being played here. I train for Great Britian Uni team and it's growing over here
>>
>>64068140
But no one benefits when 6 Brazilians gather round a 10" black and white CRT mounted on a broken milk crate in a garbage dump, m8.
>>
>>64067730

Does that have anything to do with the large American military presence in the country?
>>
>>64068197

Nah m8. University assholes watch the superbowl. College hipsters may go far enough to watch the couple of games the NFL throws London every year. But the grafters down the pub, who make up the large majority of the UK and IE population, are watching football and don't even know what 'N.F.L.' stands for.

I'm not saying people aren't watching the games, or that they aren't going to the games, or even that the viewing figures aren't increasing, but if 1 person watches a game one year, and then 2 show up to watch the next, all those statements are proved correct.
>>
If soccer was just futsal Americans would watch more
>>
>>64068280
AFN ratings count as US ratings
>>
>>64068297
futsal is quite boring to watch. Unless Falcão is playing.
>>
>>64068297
Futsal is on tv here occasionally and it has literally no acknowledgement
What are you talking about?
>>
>>64067730
The ratings are good just because of based Icke
>>
>>64068197
>Why does the MLS season end in December anyway? Who decided this was how they should schedule their calendar? Surely there's a better slot in the American sporting year for them to plan around

There really isn't. If MLS played August-May, like the Europeans do, it would run into a couple problems:

1. Going head to head with basketball (October-June) and football (September-February)
2. It gets really fucking cold in parts of the US, like Russia-tier cold. You'd need to schedule a month-long winter break or set up the schedule so that anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line never plays a home game between November and February.

Spring to Winter is really the best time for MLS, because it only really has to compete with baseball and the beginning of football season. Trying to start it in the fall would be a complete disaster.

>Fair enough but I'm just speaking for the UK and Ireland. People are watching these games and it's an increasing number of people each year.

I like how all these people are just responding and saying "no" without providing any evidence to back it up, you'd think an Irish person would know more about the NFL's popularity in the UK and Ireland than an American or a Canadian would.
>>
>>64068313
More entertaining then soccer tbqh senpai
>>
>>64068282

It's the same thing with soccer here. Deluded faggots love an unpopular sport so they rave about it and convince themselves it's about to become big until stuff like the MLS Cup ratings show up to make it abundantly clear that isn't happening.
>>
how can we kill soccer in the US once and for all, those are prime candidates for nfl kickers and punters just throwing their lives away for literally nothing
>>
>>64067418
Does the MSL use the american system ( univerisites, drafts) or the common one ( academies)? The amercian system isn't going to work with divegrass
>>
>>64068128
>The reason is a lot of MLS clubs give out free tickets and the tickets are extremely cheap.
We had a whole thread last year that exposed that myth.
MLS has better attendance than the NHL and the NBA (no idea about MLB) and when the ticket prices were compared there was not enough difference to account for MLS' better attendance.
Go dig that thread up.

"the average MLS ticket costs $46.22, 60 percent more than the average Major League Baseball ticket." -- http://www.ibtimes.com/mls-tickets-more-expensive-bundesliga-ligue-1-most-other-top-european-leagues-2110361
>>
File: 1335313447103.jpg (188 KB, 600x765) Image search: [Google]
1335313447103.jpg
188 KB, 600x765
TV audience doesnt really mean jack shit since a lot of shows' and sports' viewers have been declining in the past few years, decades even, or at best been rollercoasters. fragmentation, rise of pleb gaming, on demand binge watching and social media have all contributed to that. Pretty much the only sport exempt from that is the NFL

Actual MLS ATTENDANCE has been going up steadily every year. More and more euro teams tour the US every summer and are making more and more money. Add womens football to that and it looks even better. World cup games draw more and more viewers with every edition as well.

Its fine where it is. Will probably take a few generation for it to become something truly major.
>>
>>64068210
>And do what exactly?

Start by paying draft picks a decent salary, so that high school athletes and then college athletes have a decent reason to risk their academic careers (and also so that they can have parents who support the sport over the education).

Two things will happen:
- better athletes will be interested in football, at younger ages
- those athletes will play harder to earn the draft

This will give MLS coaches something to work with at least.
>>
>>64068334

Triggered. Good bant
>>
>>64068346
American system. It won't change, the owners are stubborn and think they can be like the NFL. They really don't care about the quality anyway since they are all making profits by doing nothing and collecting their slice of the TV contracts.
>>
>>64068078
>But the league's main objective right now is to survive
Overall the league is profitable, and attendance is better than the NHL and NBA, and no it is not because of ticket prices and no tickets to MLS are not that cheap - average price is 60% more then the average MLB ticket, as posted earlier.
>>
>>64068346
>Does the MSL use the american system ( univerisites, drafts) or the common one ( academies)? The amercian system isn't going to work with divegrass

It uses both. And the "American system" has academies too, just look at the academies that the big baseball teams set up in Latin America to find the best Dominican/Venezuelan or the "amateur" youth basketball leagues that are sponsored by Nike or Adidas.
>>
>2015
>Showing your playoff games on ESPN

They've lost nearly 10 million subscribers over the past year or so. It's not like they've been slashing payroll for no reason.
>>
>>64068334
bro, I love the NFL but if you think it's going to look anything like the NFL we know and love in 30 years you are dreaming.
Concussions are starting to change the game completely, starting with promising young players opting out because they don't want decades shaved off their lives.
Can't blame 'em. I'll just watch old games I guess.
>>
>>64068347
>>64068387
Comparing favorably to MLB isn't that big a deal, that league is going through a historically low period of attendance %s
>>
>>64068333

I know it is the same thing here with soccer. Even worse seeing as I am in SF. These fucking bangwagoning hipster fucks make me sick.
>>
>>64068381

It's not about being stubborn. American/Canadian youth sports development revolves around high school and college sports programs instead of team or company sponsored camps, which is unique as far as I know.
>>
>>64068381
Every team has an academy
The shitty ones who can't make the first team at 18 go to college
>>
>>64068348
>. Will probably take a few generation for it to become something truly major.

Fuck that, when the USA wins the WC - and that's going to happen within the next 4 or 5 WC's, soccer will explode there.
Don't underestimate the USA's ability to use science and discipline to become the best.
>>
>>64068346
Are academies really fair? The richest teams will just attract all the best talent
>>
>>64068434
you will always have young negroes who will prefer to live rich and die at 50 than living in the projects
So I guess there will just be no QB's
>>
>>64068483
China is more likely to win a world cup before we do, they truly know how to use science to win
>>
File: 1449493431220.jpg (54 KB, 465x576) Image search: [Google]
1449493431220.jpg
54 KB, 465x576
>>64068483
nice bait
>>
>>64068483
>Don't underestimate the USA's ability to use science and discipline to become the best.

who is the best USA soccer player ever ?
>>
>>64068459
The US is too fucking big for only 32 acadmies
>>
>>64068505
Striving for fairness is why the MLS is a joke right now.
>>
>>64068530

Yurgen Klisman, m8.
>>
>>64068443

>Comparing favorably to MLB isn't that big a deal, that league is going through a historically low period of attendance

What are you talking about? MLB attendance has been on the rise and they've recorded their best ratings in a while despite the spike in cord cutting.
>>
>>64068516
>tfw born just a little too early to see our Chinese overlords build a national team soccer dynasty that lasts countless generations
>>
>>64068505
youth contracts
>>
>>64067986
>>64068072
eredivisie is definitely better m8
but MLS isn't as shit as people say
>>
File: 136272848482.jpg (29 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
136272848482.jpg
29 KB, 480x640
>i support mlels
>>
>>64068334
nfl is shit desu. Collelge football is better
>>
>>64068550

They seem to be striving more to not spend themselves into bankruptcy than to be fair.
>>
>using antiquated ratings as your sole data point
Here's some more comprehensive data https://www.umbel.com/blog/sports/10-data-points-prove-soccer-has-made-it-in-america/
>>
>>64068329
>I like how all these people are just responding and saying "no" without providing any evidence to back it up, you'd think an Irish person would know more about the NFL's popularity in the UK and Ireland than an American or a Canadian would.

I've been following the NFL for years. It used to be just me sat up alone watching the superbowl. Now I have my choice of Super Bowl parties. A couple of my mates even planned a trip to the states around going to a Seahawks game.

It will never be a mainstream sport but I can see it being the most popular minority sport in a few years
>>
File: but why.gif (4 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
but why.gif
4 MB, 581x327
>>64068617

>mfw people unironically prefer college football
>>
File: l2sJib.jpg (8 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
l2sJib.jpg
8 KB, 160x160
>>64068641
>People unironically watch the WWEFL
>>
>>64068681
>he thinks NCAA is pure and devoid of rigging
Lmao just look at last saturday
>>
>>64067493
champions eagle confirmed new meme
>>
>>64068716
There was a missed targeting penalty on the same play
Being incompetent isn the same as all of the rigging the NFL rosternrules are that take any authenticity it has
>>
>>64068631

M8, I am from the UK, and I actually like NFL. But here is a list of minority sports the NFL will never take over in the UK:

- Rugby
- F1
- Cricket
- Tennis

It's all a matter of timing. For instance, I'll watch Superbowl 50 and I'll go to bed at a reasonable time, like all the other reg season games, you won't.
>>
College football is objectively shitty. Games are more battles to see which team is less incompetent or has the best future 1st round pick than watching well oiled machines like you see in the NFL.

Meanwhile, the NFL lost whatever soul it had left when it started rolling out a fucking red carpet for the draft.
>>
>>64068459
>which is unique as far as I know.
I think japan has a similar system
>>
U.S. is too late, the days sawker had a chance to be ingrained in their culture are over.
>>
>>64068799

They are not minority sports! By your definition football is the only mainstream sport.
>>
Reasons why soccer is bad to the US
>clock doesn't stop no matter what
>ref just adds on time at the end?
Seriously when the ball goes out just stop the clock and start it again when it's back in play. Also, run the clock the right direction. When time runs out the game is over not when we count to 90:00
>Not enough action/scoring
Americans love high paced and high scoring games. No one wants to watch a group of guys pass a ball around a field and almost score alot.
>To many people on the field and the field is to big
Shrinking the field and putting like 5 guys on it would increase both pace and scoring chances
>>
>>64068978
i like how the time goes up instead of down and the clock never stops. its comfy
>>
>>64068978

>Implying football is fast paced
>>
>>64068926

What is not the majority is the minority, paddy. Football is the day-to-day majority interest by a long way. Everything else is minority interest.
>>
>>64068978

This is now a 'how can America improve soccer thread'.

Multiball over times. 3 points for blooters.
>>
>>64069048

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LXiRCCB68E
>>
>>64069074

And here I was just running an old SP maymay.

10/10, America.
>>
The real reason Americans gave up on their home league is because they're tired of getting keked by Liga MX tbqh
>>
This was last night's Sportscenter
>THE PATRIOTS LOST AGAIN
>DUDE THAT ODELL BECKHAM CATCH
>PANTHERS STILL PERFECT
>GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS STILL PERFECT
>MLB HOT STOVE TEAMS MAKING MOVES
>here's 10 seconds of the mls final
>SC TOP 10 WOOOOOOWWWW

like i said before, americans dont give a shit about soccer. like at all. Do I like soccer? yes. i prefer watching the champions league. but the general public cant name 3 MLS teams. the media doesnt give a shit about pirlo, villa, etc. coming to MLS. the foreigner that draws the most headlines is beckham for his Miami stadium stuff. people care about whats popular. this is how it goes
>world cup comes around
>USA USA USA
>wow this world cup is pretty cool
>i gotta start watching soccer
>wow Messi just wow
>wow cant wait for MLS to start!
>3 years of absolute silence follows
>>
File: 1449115438473.png (104 KB, 276x230) Image search: [Google]
1449115438473.png
104 KB, 276x230
>>64069135

>He still watches ESPN
>>
>>64069135
>>wow cant wait for MLS to start!
Literally nobody says this, during the world cup the MLS isn't on anyone's radar. If anything they wonder when they can watch the Messis and Neuers again
>>
>>64069123
I doubt 5% of MLS fans even know what the CCL is
>>
>>64069027
It is as far as they are playing granted resetting every play is unfortunate.
>>
>>64069004
No its confusing and unnecessary to Americans thus they don't like it
>>
>>64069123
But we dont care about the CCL. It's literally the EPLel equivalent of not caring about europa league because the tournament doesnt bring in worthwhile revenue.
>>
>>64069244

When you're stretching a quarter of an hour of action over three hours then it isn't fast paced by any definition. It has brief bursts of violent action but that's about it.
>>
>>64068978
>Seriously when the ball goes out just stop the clock and start it again when it's back in play.

that would make every game last more than 3 hours in total, every faggot would want to use that time to breath more, replenish his energy. Like basketball is supposed to be 40 minutes of game time but it usually lasts almost 3 hours. Football is 90+6 minutes of game time and lasts ~110 minutes because of halftime.
>>
>>64069223
>>64069283
We don't care either but I tought you guys would like to prove that your league is at least better than leagues from a bunch of poor countries
>>
>>64069357

jogging for 110 minutes with shorts sprints sometimes integrated in is an easier workout than essentially running suicides up and down a court with spots of down time to rest
>>
File: americans.jpg (254 KB, 989x1022) Image search: [Google]
americans.jpg
254 KB, 989x1022
>>64069405
>15 minutes is too much, I want to see 1h30min+ of commercials every soccer game
>>
>>64069494
*too little
>>
>Lower viewership than pro wrestling
>>
>>64067522
Not when said Sport is the most popular on the planet with many different leagues and competitions
>>
>>64069558
>lower viewership than 'general hospital'
>>
>>64069372
Hard to care when the MLS season hasn't even started yet
>>
File: nflratings.jpg (506 KB, 1306x2410) Image search: [Google]
nflratings.jpg
506 KB, 1306x2410
>>64067958
It really isn't, ratings for regular games have been stagnant for years.

Pic is the ratings for the same timeslot in the same week over recent years, BARB includes online and on-demand viewing so they can't be blamed for poor ratings.
>>
>>64067643
they're on Dutch TV too. Sunday games start at 19:00 local time so that's perfect
>>
Leagues in Europe are a better product than MLS. Simple as that.

Why watch WNBA tier quality, when there is the NBA of soccer over there?

I would feel differently if we have pro/reg and club systems. Franchise BS and needing to give the jew money to get in doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>64070424
Now you've done it, MLS shills are just going to deflect and call you a euroboo.
>>
No one watches retirement league. American ratings for La Liga, Brundesliga, and EPL blow MLS ratings the fuck out.

No doubt soccer is becoming more popular in the State, but not the MLS.
>>
>>64070508
This. MLS is so boring to watch, in person or TV.
>>
Its because if youre a casual soccer fan (which are few and far between in america) you watch big ticket european leagues. That simple.

And if youre a foreigner who likes soccer, youre going to watch the leagues and teams you grew up on and not give a shit about MLS.

MLS will forever be nothing compared to NFL, NBA and NHL because soccer will never be a true american sport.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.