[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will he become the second defender to win the Ballon d'Or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7
Will he become the second defender to win the Ballon d'Or after Cannavaro?
>>
pretty much guaranteed lad. He's already a better player than Maldini and England will dominate international football for the next 10 years
>>
File: Awesome-Eye-Roll.gif (577 KB, 316x165) Image search: [Google]
Awesome-Eye-Roll.gif
577 KB, 316x165
>>64064615
>He's already a better player than Maldini
>>
>>64064365
Absolutely. English football is on the rise, and the following scenario looks more than likely to happen:

>Vardy becomes top scorer and guides Leicester to a respectable 2nd place and a spot in the CL
>England wins the Euros, with Kane and Vardy as joint top scorers
>Vardy wins the Balloon Door
>Kane is a close second
>Messi is quoted saying "Cristiano and I must acknowledge that our time is up. [...] It is now the era of Jamie and Harry"
>Vardy moves to Chelsea, Kane leaves for Manchester City
>Chelsea and Manchester City become England's Barcelona and Real Madrid, racking up trebles between them
>>
>>64064615
>Stones is the best young CB in the world
>Shaw is the best young full back in the world
>Alli is the best teenage footballer in the world
>Kane is the best young striker in the world
>Wilshere is the best perma-injured footballer in the world
They probably will tbqphwy (to be quite perfectly honest with you)
>>
>>64064655

>Chelsea

a bottom half team isn't going to be doing shit lad, get a grip
>>
File: 1335191060091.jpg (15 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1335191060091.jpg
15 KB, 360x360
>>64064663

>tfw wheelchair would be alongside the world greats if he wasn't perma crocked
>>
>>64064673
As soon as they sign Jamie 'Britnaldo' Vardy, they will.
>>
>>64064663
>that glorious England NT future
who can stop us m8?
>>
>Le I cried because I got grilled by my own fans after I handed in a transfer request man
>>
Nominated for Ballon d'Meme with Kane and Grealish
>>
>>64064626

maybe when you account for inflation Maldini is better. It's 2015, Stones has more to do in one game than Maldini had to do in a whole season in Serie A back in the 90s. Don't be fooled by nostalgia fags, all football was pub league standard back then.
>>
File: englandteam.png (163 KB, 327x414) Image search: [Google]
englandteam.png
163 KB, 327x414
>>64064663

>tfw fully fit England is the best team in Europe

It's coming home lads
>>
>>64064757

pretty based tb.h, we have Barkley, Ox, Welbeck, Sturridge, Cahill as well, young fast skillful england team, unfortunately Woy will play that useless sack of shit Pooney if he's fit
>>
>>64064757
a fit Sturridge and Vardy partnership would be better imo
>>
>>64064757
>Dele Alli
>Kane
where are dier and mason my deluded friend?
>>
>>64064757
>Hart
>not Butland
>>
>>64064785
Dele Alli is actually really good when you consider that he's 19. Mason obviously is nothing special, but Dier will be in the squad as well, maybe as a starter since he's the only notable English DM.
>>
>>64064805
His passing really isn't that great and I'm sure he won't fulfill his potential
>b-but muh englel screamer

deflected goals don't count for shit
>>
>euro 2016 draw in 5 days

Yes.

Yes.
>>
I'm pretty sure beckenbauer and sammer won it before cannavaro
>>
>>64064833
They won Balloon Doors, Cannavaro won WPOTY.
>>
>>64064757
>Smalling

when will this meme end
>>
>>64064781

Yep, Rooney will undoubtedly fuck it all and Woy won't have the balls to drop him
>>
>>64064365
No, but he might be the third after Smalling
>>
>>64064757
>vardy
>walcott
>sterling
>delhi alley
>wilshit

Nah.
>>
>>64064757
Not bad 2bh

You just know they are going to bottle it at some point though.
>>
>>64064853
inb4 this is the team that starts England's first match of Euro 2016

Hart
Walker Cahill Jagielka Baines
Milner Henderson
Walcott Rooney Sterling
Welbeck
>>
>>64064850

when he stops being the best centre back in the league by fucking miles
>>
>>64064926
So 1988?
>>
>>64064853

Pooney is almost single handedley shitting up utd this season and if he goes to the euros this summer he'll shit up england as well
>>
>>64064945
>Van Gaal is almost single handedley shitting up utd this season
Fixed. Or was Rooney at fault for United's scoreless draw against West Ham?
>>
>>64064945

He should just fuck off the MLS 2bh. He can sit on the beach eating big macs with slippy.
>>
Jon FlanaLahm will la'
>>
>>64064982

slippy is his bestest bumchum as well, he'd fucking love that
>>
>>64064926
>this delusion

ManU are set up hugely defensively, makes him look much better than he is

Shame they're gonna drop out of the CL, really wanted to see Barcelona or Bayern expose them.
>>
>>64065010

He's been completely dominant against every CF he's faced this season and every pundit and football expert on the fucking planet has taken notice, I guess you know better than everyone else though right?
>>
>>64064887
How did you guys manage to stop doing that?
>>
>>64065010
Actually, Uniteds defence is pure shit. De Gea has saved them at least 10 points this season already. they are fucked when he leaves next summer. The type of chances they give up are always clear cut, not half-chances like actual top clubs allow, and there are at least 3-4 of them every match.

You are correct in saying that Smalling is overrated, but your reasoning was wrong.
>>
>>64065101

stop talking utter shit, if the defence was really that bad it wouldn't matter how good the keeper is, one on one with a keeper strikers will win most of the time regadless of the keepers ability
>>
>>64065101
>De Gea has saved them at least 10 points this season already.

So true.
>>
>>64064365
Is this fucking thread for real or is everyone in on some master troll magic. Remember U21 this summer? How they didn't play in the finals? How Italy ran them over with 3-1? All they did was beat Sweden by luck with one goal, that's all they managed. Those defenders will get runover in the Euros, those attacker's won't be able to produce shit against decent defenders. England needs to be put back in its place again.
>>
>>64065128
You sound extremely upset. You are just grasping at straws here you sad sack.
>>
>>64064785
Ryan Mason is the most complete midfielder in europe, he runs the game so well that you don't even notice him doing it you deluded nazi
>>
>>64065235

How is what I said untrue? Instead of calling me names try refuting what I actually said, if you can.
>>
>>64065204

U-21 tounraments are literally meaningless. We didn't even bring our best players. Your literal one man team (old man) won't do shit.
>>
>>64065289
Jesus fucking christ you sack of wet chips. We're talking about u21 and you mention Ibra.
>England in charge of English.
>>
>>64065334
>U-21 tounraments are literally meaningless

I think it's you that's having trouble with english ladm8, he dismissed your talk of U21 tournaments with that sentence and then went on to insult your senior team. I understood it perfectly
>>
>>64064365
Buffon should have won it that year
>>
>>64064673
People said that about Leicester tbf
>>
File: Jack-Butland_3.jpg (908 KB, 3000x2197) Image search: [Google]
Jack-Butland_3.jpg
908 KB, 3000x2197
>>64064757
Excuse me.
>>
>>64065369
>meaningless
I'm sure it is, until you win a meaningless one.

The thing is, we swedes know our team is shit, that's why we won't get swim too the deep end of the pool.
England is literally "our year lads" every year, with nothing to show for it. Remember WC? 1 point, ONE FUCKING POINT. England will be btfo as soon as the going gets tough.
>>
>tfw rooneys gonna fuck up the euros for us like 2012
>>
Is it, dare I say, coming home?
>>
File: hmm.png (17 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
17 KB, 900x900
>>64066176
'yes'
>>
How bad would Rooney have to be to get dropped? He shouldn't be anywhere near the team right now but he's still the first name on the team sheet.

If he has any dignity or patriotism he should drop himself.
>>
>>64066262
he's the captain, therefore undroppable

i wouldn't mind him playing wide in a front 3, there are better men for the top spot but our widemen aren't great.
>>
>>64066690
I think he would make a good impact sub, but shouldn't really be a starter out of position.
>>
File: 1445782484278.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445782484278.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM

Daily reminder it's coming home
>>
Stones is unironically a once in a generation kind of talent.
Pace, strength, intelligence, outstanding tackling, technique on the ball, good passing vision and eager to move the ball up the pitch, can even play fullback.

If he plays his cards right and ends up at the right team he should be able to become world class
>>
>>64066732
i actually think he would be better out wide, as long as the midfield can shift to cover him

he's not a great lone striker and deploying him directly behind leaves the side light in the midfield department. he'd basically have a free role
>>
>>64066779
The problem is that no such right team exists in England, and yet he will play his entire career in England like every big-name English player.
>>
>>64066798
at the moment you're right, but that could easily change when the current batch of managers (van gaal, mourinho and pellegrini) leave, because the playing style is largely dictated by whose in charge.
>>
>>64066798
Both Cahill and Smalling have matured a lot and really progressed since moving to bigger sides, and Stones is way more talented than both of them

I think a move to Chelsea would be best for Stones. He'd instantly be thrown into the starting line-up. If not Chelsea, Barcelona would be even better for him because they play to his strengths more
>>
>>64064757
holy fucking shit
what do i have to do to become british? I don't want to have to support our team filled with overrated chokers
>>
>>64064365
Who is that?
>>
Cannavaro winning the Balon D'Oro was one of the biggest disgraces i have ever seen in my life.
>>
>>64066798
>yfw Stones signs for Bathalona
>>
>>64065101
>>64065010
>>64064850
Foreign fags that never seen smalling play in a game talking shit, typical.

Smalling is better than any defender in the league maybe besides Kompany, but even when he was fit I've seen him do blunders that Smalling hasn't done in a while.

Watch the Wolfsburg game tommorw and asses him then against Schurle, Draxler, Kruse and Caligiuri. It'll be United's toughest match till Liverpool
>>
>>64066262
Isn't he from Liverpool? Isn't it his city's duty to fuck over England as much as possible
>>
>>64066779
>Stones is unironically a once in a generation kind of talent.

They said the same thing about Jack Wilshere.
>>
>>64066904
This, he was third at best
1 Zidane
2 Buffon
3 Cannavaro
>>
>>64064757
Can't wait for England to get rekt by Big Jon Walters this summer.
>>
>>64066779
Marquinhos is better in every aspect
>>
>>64067230
yeah but he's crocked, he actually looks good when he has a run of games and stays fit, but his ankles are more breakable than 190cm's belt
>>
>>64069216
Marquinhos' a manlet
>>
>>64071495
And what's wrong with that m8?

Fight me
>>
>>64064757
>Dele Alli
Why does a meme Spurs player always have to shit up the team
>>
>>64065289

You were playing your best u21 players you mong.
>>
Everton fan here.

He's pretty good, confident on the ball, fast, decent on the 1v1, a bit shit in the air and positioning wise he's not great(He's 21 though he can improve immensely) Wish >we could hold onto him but wont be able to and he'll be ruined if he goes to a bigger club in England. I hope he goes to Braca, but he's not good enough. I doubt he's even better than Bartra, but english players are the biggest meme about now.

Also if Xavi ever became manager would his first signing be Jacky Wilsh? He seems to have a fucking hard on for the crocked-GOAT.
>>
>>64064682

Arselelers unironically believe this.
>>
>>64073455

Nope, didn't bring Shaw, Sterling, Stones, Barkley etc.
>>
>>64073700
Wilshere would 30+ by the time xavi (if ever) becomes fcbs manager.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.