[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He's literally the worst player playing significant minutes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: Kobe.png (114 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
Kobe.png
114 KB, 350x254
He's literally the worst player playing significant minutes in the NBA. I'm not even fucking joking. He's just absolutely terrible. Why do they even ley him on the court, let alone start his ass?
>>
Why do his teammates pass to him?
>>
>>64060200
It's how I imagine Jordan would have looked everytime he says "I can still play"
>>
lelkers best strategy is to tank and Kobr is the GOAT tank commander
>>
>>64060200
that's not Austin Rivers
>>
He should have retired 3 years ago. Crippled the Lakers with his shit contract too. Cant believe people think hes better then Lebron
>>
>>64060341
He certainly not better than Lebron now, but was in his prime.
>>
>>64060341
the vast majority of non laker fans think lebron has already surpassed him. and there are many laker fans who are objective and can admit it, like myself
>>
>>64060388
Could you BE any more wrong? LeBron was the clear cut best player in the league from 2009-2014. Kobe has what, like one or two years where you can make an argument for him? Prime LeBron does everything better than Kobe outside of maybe post game foot work
>>
Because the easiest and best way for a team to get better is to get good draft picks, so they're letting him help them tank. It's a genius plan desu.
>>
>>64060439
>Prime LeBron does everything better than Kobe

umm five rings

versus

two rings

5/7=71%
2/6=33%

5-2>2-4

??????????
>>
>>64060527
RBL retard alert. enjoy your first round exit and continued mediocrity. that treadmill will keep on running.
>>
Also, you get paid $25m and no accountability so you can literally do what you want. I mean, fuck, if anything they're encouraging you to play badly. Pretty sweet deal for Kobe tbqfh.
>>
>>64060241
Jordan still averaged ~20ppg in his twilight years bro, while still shooting at an above average %.

Kobr has been absolute trash, and he should have retired after the achilles injury desu. Thats an injury young guys struggle to come back from 100%, let alone a guy in his mid 30's who jacks up 20+ shots a night.
>>
>>64060527
Rings only count if you get finals MVP senpai, unless you also think Horry > Jordan?
>>
What if the rest of the Lakers literally just stopped passing to Kobe?

Like every time he's on the court, they just purposely pass around him and even take 24 second violations rather than pass to him to show him how fucking tired of him they are
>>
>>64060506
Except they're going out and getting literal garbage like Randle and Russell with those picks
>>
isn't lebron taller than kobe, thus rendering all these discussions moot, in terms of mechanical prowess?

what a shitty sport.
>>
where the fuck is misa?
>>
>>64061443
dipshit alert
>>
>>64060608

is 41% above average? go shoot yourself plaxico.
>>
>>64061443
The best player in the league (Curry) is 5'10"
>>
>>64061515
Curry is 6'3" you mong
>>
>>64061533

6'1"

confirmed by a tripfag here IRL i forgot his name
>>
>>64061533
They inflate the stats on the internet you mong
>>
File: curry-newton.jpg (43 KB, 600x384) Image search: [Google]
curry-newton.jpg
43 KB, 600x384
>>64061539

this.

Take a look at this picture.

Curry eyes are well below Cam Newton's (around 6'5" barefoot) mouth, which typically indicates a height difference of 4 inches. In this case, it may be a difference of 5 inches.

If we assume Cam is a strong 6'5", that makes curry a weak 6'1"
>>
>>64061604

in contrast

Strong 6'2" RG3 with 6'5" Cam Newton
>>
>>64061604
Cam Newton has that jungle nigger build
>>
>>64060388
'no'
>>
>>64061766

>that flag
>this topic

your knowledge is limited to kangaroos and shrimps on a barbee desu senpai
>>
>>64061783
m8 we got more nba players than japan
>>
>>64060200
It's called respect, you fucking autist
>>
>>64060200
>what is tanking
>who is ben simmons
>>
>>64061834

HEB fag from the spurs, meme man from the cavs, and the bust in Utah

nice talent desu
>>
>>64060388

I agree with you, fuck those other niggas that were born too late to witness Frobe and then Kobr in his nightmare years before Gasol arrived.
>>
they know he's going to get injured eventually and then they won't have to bench him
>>
>>64060200
Why is his head slightly blue?
>>
>>64062044
m8 you just exposed yourself
>>
>>64061604
You do realize that the whole building is tilted at an angle? I don't mean to defend Curry for being a weak shit 6'3"(6'7" master race here), but the building is actually tilted in that shot. Look at the support beams
>>
>>64060608
>muh Jordan at 40 bullshit

Every time I see this shit I laugh. First off Jordan had way better teammates than Kobe. I mean the guy had fucking Pippen on his team, which meant he could take plays off, and he obviously fucking did.

Second Jordan retired fucking twice. He literally took years off during his prime. I'm sure Kobe could average 20 at 40 years old if he wasn't playing almost 40 MPG and dropping 81 and averaging almost 36 PPG during his prime.

He'd probably be averaging 23-25PPG right now if he retired from 2005-2009. But of course none of this factors in the fact that Kobe came straight out of high school at 17 vs Jordan playing in college. Or the fact that Jordan only played 15 seasons while Kobe is in his 20th.
>>
>>64061604
Do you think Cam would be successful in the NBA as an athletic point guard?
>>
>>64060627
Ok, even then Kobe is 2/3 and LBJ is 2/5. How is LBJ's record any better?
>>
>>64062696
No.
>>
He's only got this season left and the Lakers aren't gonna do shit anyway, let him do what he wants
>>
>>64060402
Lol this isnt true whatsoever but good try sunshine.
>>
>>64062793
You realize you just did fmvp won/finals won for Kobe and fmvp won/finals appearances for Lebron right? Either Kobe is 2/7 or Lebron is 2/2. But either way counting finals loses against a player is fucking stupid. If you think Lebron bringing that sorry 2007 squad to the finals and not beating a great Spurs team makes him a worse player because he couldn't match Jordan's 6/6 then just stop watching basketball.
>>
>>64061100
Ben Simmons you motherfucker, easily a superstar in the making.

Also randle trash? Lol hes nearly averaging a double double in his first legit year, can handle the ball like a guard and take it coast to coast, hes gonna be a beast down the road.
>>
File: 1449088829140.jpg (616 KB, 1021x818) Image search: [Google]
1449088829140.jpg
616 KB, 1021x818
>
>>
>>64062880
why
>>
When you've accomplished everything he's accomplished for that franchise you get a free pass year to do whatever the fuck you want before you retire. Deal with it bitches, he's earned it.

Besides it's not like the Lakers are going anywhere this year so if anything it helps their chances at a good draft pick. Now that's what I call a win/win situation motherfuckers.
>>
>>64062322

it's a wide angle lens, distortion like that is normal

>>64062696

he could be a good ron artest / andre miller type player I think.
>>
-22 +/-
-21 the previous game

>metta world peace is not only playing again but had highest +/-
is it 2009 again
>>
>>64062906
Not to mention he still racks in $$$ for the team.
>>
>>64062988
>Not to mention he still racks in $$$ from the team
>>
>>64062556
Jordan retired for a season and a half and played another professional sport while he was away. He was always more efficient than Kobe has been, it's no surprise it's the same when Kobe gets old.
>>
>>64062864
The only way I counted it as such was because I was only accounting for Kobe's accomplishments sans Shaq because it's a fairer comparison between the two players. But if you want to count all of them then Kobe is 2/7 in Finals MVP to LBJ's 2/5 but is 5/7 in rings to LBJ's 2/5. I know which one I'd rather have. And before you bring up "Oh but Shq did it!" Go look at the stats and the tapes; Kobe was just as important to those titles and you can make a case for him winning some of those FMVP's.
>>
>>64060200
He is single handedly tanking for the Lakers. He is giving us Ben Simmons. He giving Philly one last upset.
>>
>>64063250
>actually taking your time to argue with Kobe-haters

Don't even bother. They'll spout MUH SHAQ meme shit til they're blue in the face...but when you ask them who on that team could average Kobe's 29 a game next to Shaq's 30 a game you'll hear nothing but fucking crickets. YEAH SHAQ TOTALLY CARRIED KOBE TO 3 RINGS!!!1111 SHAQTUS IS DA GOAT. LE BBQ CHICKEN FACE
>>
File: le drinking man.gif (1 MB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
le drinking man.gif
1 MB, 207x207
>>64062880
>>
>>64062880
Reminder that the shot clock in this picture was at 18.
>>
File: kobrr.jpg (241 KB, 1940x1091) Image search: [Google]
kobrr.jpg
241 KB, 1940x1091
It’s too bad, Kobr did not have a special wing man that was close in his age in his prime like a Jordan and Pippen. He had a stroke of timing that was off–to early & too late for those championships he did win, but nothing that captured him in his prime 2003-2008. Imagine if Kobr had a Shaq or Pau Gasol or anyone as good as Pippen for those middling years he didn’t win a title, of cross without title wins the years before, he would have developed this relationship with the other player. In these years if he had his Pippen and grant or rodman, you would have saw an 8-peat. But unfortunately the timing of a player’s career and the chips that fall around him ARE EVERYTHING. Yes, the media and its cash rollers have opinions and hot, large, windy, strong self-made truths–but none can crack the true marble of Kobr’s character. Kobe Bryant was the Best Basketball who has ever played the game. He took Michael Jordan’s platform and turned it into Rocket Ship. This man has had hotter hands (even colder hands at times) than anyone in the league. He hit the toughest shots ever taken in the game, had the prettiest moves, cutting like butter through any opponent, slammed home Howard, would have made a bigger legend of his game –had he HAD THE RIGHT TIMING IN 2009 VS LEBRON to give his ultimate show of his skills, skills that were more developed and polished than MJ. And yet, the people don’t like him as much as a Magic or Jordan. He was tied with Jordan for the greatest practice players of all-time. Getting up at 4 A.M having multiple work outs a day. His obsession could not be matched and never was. Only if he had his prime in the right time–any soul would see the light that never got lit by the greatest showman, samurai, ninja, court- dictator and strong man the game never got to see. He is in a non-political reality a 7 time League MVP, the toughest survivor the game has breed, and has the spirit of Champions that can only be at bestowed by God.
>>
Kobe how does it feel being a top 15 because you don't know when to quit, while Tim Duncan is a top 5?
>>
>>64060200

Because people still pay absurd ticket prices to watch him?
>>
File: 2fundamnetal.png (397 KB, 571x705) Image search: [Google]
2fundamnetal.png
397 KB, 571x705
>>64063645
Feels good to me

Too bad Kobe whored himself out and has 5 times as many followers who don't understand basketball.

Tim Duncan is the greatest of his generation and at this point it isn't close.
>>
>>64060200
Quality thread
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.