[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they, dare I say it, the 2 biggest flops of the season?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: flops.jpg (28 KB, 810x451) Image search: [Google]
flops.jpg
28 KB, 810x451
Are they, dare I say it, the 2 biggest flops of the season?
>>
No one even knew Martial or expected him to be a starter, how is he a flop?
>>
>>64033854
because he cost them £50 million. Fuck off Brazil.
>>
>>64033720
Tbh senpai the only singing Man U made that has been sort of okay is Schneiderlin and even he's only really been okay.
>>
>>64034381
>>64033886
>>64033854
can any of you yuropoors and third worlders please explain to me why eplel teams like city and utd spend fortunes on players that flop? Isn't there like a proper scouting committee that has to actually look at these players before buying them ? Isn't there like a committee that looks into how the players will fit into the clubs formation etc?

or do eplel teams just buy whatever flavour of the month player they can get their hands on?
>>
>>64033886
he's right tho, he's literally bought because of his age and van laal repeatedly predicted his drop in form. Him being starter so far is somewhat impressive although its not quite an achievement considering other united players.
i'd say the biggest flop are:
>falcao
contribute negatively, enough said
>firmino
few glimpse of skill in one game, but thats it, not even need to mention cou effect, can't say the same thing for martial since firmino bought to be the cutting edge
>mempis
seriously? did yanited fans seriously thinking he'll make a positive difference? he's been losing ball time to time even since he was in psv. next ronaldo my ass, even nani looks better than him
>>
>>64034587
You picked the two worst offenders there my Kiwi friend, they just shit to the wall and see what sticks.
Secondly the EPL is a lot more competitive than other leagues where most, if not all, matches are expected to be tough. Then you have the physicality on top of that so you can end up with players who at best take time to adjust. At worst they flop so hard they're sold for a loss to some Turkish team.
It's very rare, and personally I can't think of an example off the top of my head, for a player to come from another league and perform at the same level they did before.
>>
inb4 anyone mention otamendi, just imagince city defense with mangalel and demichelis
>>
>>64034882
Baffles my mind that Dimichelis is even in the Premier League.
>>
File: 1440628130736.jpg (28 KB, 454x600) Image search: [Google]
1440628130736.jpg
28 KB, 454x600
>>64034722
>actually thinking firmino is a flop
>almost single-handedly destroyed Man City
>>
>>64035119
oh here he come again, sorry lad, but it was coutinho, he's been unable to replicate his scoring and assisting form ever since, hell, he's even forgot how to dribble.
please tell me, which game he's been good except after that city one? completely invisible, you liverpool fans just cannot appreciate the real qualities that are can, sakho, coutinho, and ibe and just overhype the overpriced flops because >muh money
>>
>>64034873
Just off the top of my head there's Sanchez, Ronaldo, Aguero, and Costa. All players that played just as well if not better in their first year in the epl compared to their old leagues.
>>
>>64035711
>Sanchez
lel no, a flop this year, yes, biggest flop? hell, no. i'll also put hazard above aguero in flop list.
non-summer player flop list:
>rppney
>costa
>hazard
>mangala
>demichelis
>toure
>>
>>64035929
pretty much the entire chelsea team really

matic and fabregas was lauded as a top midfield and now they're incredibly shit
>>
>>64035711
Ronaldo came when he was 18 and for the first three years at Man U wasn't that good.
Sanchez, Aguero and Costa I'll give you.

But my point remains that it is rare for it to happen. I'm not trying to claim it's the best league in the world or what not but it is the toughest week in, week out.
>>
>>64036005
oh fug, you're right, how could i missed fab
>>
File: Ashley-Young-Manchester-U-007.jpg (26 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Ashley-Young-Manchester-U-007.jpg
26 KB, 460x276
YANITED have a tendency to sign flops

:^)
>>
>Dare I say it

Love this meme. Keep it going.
>>
>>64035929
Yeah what a flop, hes only scored 6 goals and got man of the match three times.
>>
>>64036893
alright, you got the point. i was comparing to his performance last season
>>
For a football team filled with Jews they really are poor with their finances.

You cant name 3 half-decent signings they've made since the Glazers took over

1. Carrick
2. De Gea
3. ???????
>>
>>64038330
Smalling
>>
>>64038330
i don't know if its really worth it, but probably RVP
>>
>>64038449
Cost £40mil and was there for 2 seasons and injured for about 1/3rd of the time
>>
>>64038526
>40m

wut, he was 22m
>>
>>64037248
B-but that doesn´t mean he flopped reverse poland
>>
>>64040241
exactly, only flopped if you compared him to last season performance and that isn't even bad.
thats why i removed him from my list
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.