[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ways you could help the NFL.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: staf.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
staf.gif
2 MB, 400x225
What rule ideas do you have to make the NFL better?
>inb4 less faggoty refs

Two main ideas:
1) QB can not throw the ball away.
2) DBs no longer have turn to guard a player.

>mrw when I see a TE/WR win a backshoulder throw 11/10 times.
>>
>>63992356
None.

You as a fan just need to be less retarded and stop trying to change everything you think is "broken". Seriously, fuck off.
>>
>>63992380
I wonder what your reaction is when the NFL implements a new rule.....

>MUH NFL IS PERFECT

New rule
>MUH NFL IS PERFECTER

The league has new rules all the time.
Even THEY don't think it's perfect, we're just talking about it.

Seriously, what a faggot.
>>
1. you can challenge penalties
>>
>>63992421
>we're just talking about it
yeah, but you sound dumb as fuck when you do
silence might be your best recourse
>>
>>63992356
All defensive players within 10 yards of LOS
No receiver blocking within 10 yards of LOS
>>
Non-judgment call penalties are reviewed within the final 2 minutes
>>
>>63992508
There is absolutely *NO* aspect of the NFL that needs to be changed? There will *NEVER* be a new rule change?

You're the one that sounds autistic off the bat, I said no complaining about the refs because it's such a cop out.
Explain how any of what I said was "retarded", while you're pretty damn retarded to say that we should NEVER criticize the NFL because it's perfect, even though they change rules every single year.
>>
No pass interference, no holding, no facemasks.
>>
>>63992380

>bitch about a rule change thread for a league that changes multiple rules literally every offseason
>>
Padded helmets would work better than hard plastic.

Better paid refs.
>>
>>63992433
Games will last 5 hours then

Eliminate punts/kick offs

Teams must go for it on 4th down.
>>
>>63992380
GOOD GOY. NEVER QUESTION ALWAYS ACCEPT
>>
>>63992599
>Padded helmets would work better than hard plastic
..........why?

>>63992603
>Eliminate punts/kick offs
Horrible idea.

>Teams must go for it on 4th down.
This isn't madden, nigger.
>>
>>63992380
>>63992609
When a Candian has a better opinion of american football than you....
>>
If a head coach keeps being right he keeps winning additional challenges. It's obvious, really.
>>
Stop damaging the integrity of the game for the sake of drama
>>
>>63992603
They don't last 5 hours in the NHL, look up how the coaches challenge works.
>>
>>63992356
DBs have to line up within 10 yards of line of scrimmage

goodbye prevent defense
>>
Objective penalties should be reviewable (offsides, 12 men on the field) while judgement calls should remain as is (pass interference, holding)

Id get rid of automatic first downs for offenses. Holding a WR away from the play on a third and 15 shouldn't be a first fucking down
>>
>Change Offensive Pass Interference

DPI is spot of foul plus 1st down. OPI is minus ten yards. This is not fair to the defensive player. He has a game-changing turn over taken away. When he fouls, it is crippling. When he is fouled, it is a minor inconvenience to the offense. OPI should be minus ten yards and automatic fourth down.

>Change catch rule

Get it down to something all the commentators can agree on. During Seahawks vs. Steelers, the commentators disagreed on several catches. This is not fucking abortion. People should not have separate fucking stances on what is and is not a catch. Clear this shit up. Go back to the basics. And be consistent with calling that.

>Coach's challenge on penalties

Coach's get one penalty challenge in addition to their normal two challenges. If they are wrong, they lose a time out. If they win, they get one final penalty challenge. This is solely for shit like the facemask last night. So they can review it and get the right call.

>Allow more taunting

Fuck this pussy shit. Let them taunt. Let Marshawn hold his dick. Let Von Miller thrust. It is entertaining to me.

>Allow DBs more contact

Give them more of a chance to fight for the ball. Not saying they should be tackling guys, but let them fight for the ball.

That's all I got.
>>
>>63992356
No touching of the ball except for one player in a set box to tend to the goal.
Use of feet primarily cause it's FOOT ball.
Take off the faggy pads and helmets
1 point for every goal instead of having to do retarded math every time you score.
>>
File: legionofboom.jpg (176 KB, 1023x768) Image search: [Google]
legionofboom.jpg
176 KB, 1023x768
All of these ideas are stupid

The only good ones are

>(some?) penalties can be reviewed

>bring back taunting
>>
>>63993047
Honestly, I think the catch rules are pretty cut and dry. The Golden Tate TD was objectively awful, but other than that I've agreed with all rules. I think it's just commentators not being very smart
>>
Move the god damn kick off back.... Kickoffs are fucking horse shit now
>>
Any penalty made on the last play of a game that would extend the duration of said game can and will be reviewed.
>>
>>63993047
>OPI should be minus ten yards and automatic fourth down.
how about just making DPI a 10 or 15 yard penalty instead of a spot foul or this retarded "fix"

penalties should be less gamebreaking not more
>>
>PI is 15 yards or spot foul if under 15 yards
>CFB OT rules but start at the 35.
>no taunting penalties
>no cut blocks
>make all plays reviewable but have to be initiated by a challenge flag, TD, or TO
>>
allow pantsing
>>
File: fagdog.jpg (98 KB, 423x590) Image search: [Google]
fagdog.jpg
98 KB, 423x590
>>63992573
>>63992421
>>63992543
>>63992609
>>63992694
>>
>>63992433
This but you can only challenge ONE a game.

If you waste it in the first quarter you are fucked the rest of the game.
>>
OT should just be a 5th quarter.
Every other sport just plays more game, why does the NFL have to do something different?
>>
1. Fire Roger Goodell

2. Let teams play Defense
>>
Clock stops in final 2 minutes of the game if offense doesn't make it back to line of scrimmage
>>
QB'S will finally face each other head to head on the field.
Two balls
Twice thee fun.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.