[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Refballed out of a playoff game in Dallas >Refballed out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
File: cowboys-lions-call-1.jpg (61 KB, 1053x789) Image search: [Google]
cowboys-lions-call-1.jpg
61 KB, 1053x789
>Refballed out of a playoff game in Dallas
>Refballed out of a win in Seattle
>Refballed out of a season sweep of Green Bay

Just what did the Lions do to piss off the league enough that they've gotten fucked out of three wins in a year's span now?
>>
>>63980203
Being uppity negroes, probably. They're there for Rodgers and other money-making teams to beat up on, they're not supposed to be good.
>>
probably still making up for those blackout year(s)
>>
>refballled

dont faceback especially if its the qb you stupid nigger
>>
The quality of the officiating has gone to shit, it's going to hurt mediocre teams the most because they're competitive enough to be in close games but not good enough to overcome bad calls.
>>
>>63980203
>didn't get mad during Cowboys game
>didn't get mad during Seahawks game
>didn't get mad during Packers game

It's pretty much just a way of life now desu
>>
>only put up 3 points in the second half and allow 17
>fumble in the endzone
>prevent defense on hail Mary

Keep crying.
>>
>>63980258
This. While the refs always have and shall continue to fuck us left right and center, it's not as though one single call blew the entire game.
>>
>>63980297
>it's not as though one single call blew the entire game.

it literally is though

doesn't matter how poorly they played, it was 23-21, Lions should have won
>>
>>63980297
Youre right, it was 3.
The Phantom Menace, and the holding and block in the back that were not called on the final play.
>>
>>63980332
Right, but my point is to ask as to where we should draw the line on our "what if"s.
>>
Lions fans quit your bitching, Your team let the packers Come back and your offense stalled out. The last Play went more our way but you had plenty of chances to win the game. You let the packers back in the game and paid the price quit crying.
>>
File: 5-2.webm (601 KB, 477x270) Image search: [Google]
5-2.webm
601 KB, 477x270
>le refball meme

they showed this angle like one time on tv, if anything it should have been offensive PI
>>
>>63980359
The false flag, because there was no facemasking

Dunno what has you so confused
>>
you're only scratching the surface, there's at least 4 other games since 2010 that have been dicked in the ass
>>
>>63980203
>>Refballed out of a win in Seattle
You're dumb.
>>
How delusional do you have to be to think that wasnt a facemask? i swear replay is killing the nfl
>>
Has it ocurred to you that maybe these calls were legit? You are aware that the Lions have long been one of the NFL's most frequently-penalized teams, right?
>>
>>63980258
>fumble in the end zone
It was an offensive fumble faggot. Didn't watch the game did we
>>
>>63980658
Was it a facemask? Yeah, I guess technically. But you don't call a tick tack penalty like that on the last play of the game. Especially when Greenbay was trying some school yard plays, and Rogers was almost 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. He wasn't going to throw it. On top of it all, the thumb clipped the mask, it didn't even wrap around a bar. I don't think it even made enough of an impact to turn his head, it wasn't until the hand hit the shoulder that his body started to turn.
>>
It wasn't a facemask? The only way it's not a facemask is if he didn't get his facemask grabbed. Did no one touch his facemask?
>>
>>63980418
This
>>
>>63980658
The reason we don't review penalties is because non punters don't flop. Hope the league turns on Rodgers desu senpai
>>
>>63980203
>refballed out of a playoff game in Dallas
When did that happen? Must not have been recent. The only playoff game they've had was last season's, where a bunch of lions fans wanted a flag on a play where the receiver yanked the defender by the facemask (on my phone so don't have the webm, but if you watch from the right angle you can see it). Surely that can't be the refball you're taking about?
Or maybe it's the missed holding calls on each of the lions TD drives. I can't find the video but one I remember is Stafford's big third down scramble, right before he starts running a cowboys defender almost gets to him, but is wrapped up and tackled by a lions OL. Refball is the only reason that game wasnt a blowout
>>
>>63984248
Here's a still. If you watch the video/gif you can clearly see him grabbing the facemask and pulling. This is what lions fans consider defensive pass interference
>>
The Dallas game correct call was offsetting penalties, replay the down, the refs ruled incomplete pass. That's why it's bullshit, the loss of down fucked them. Even the league admitted they fucked the Lions over and over again. The Lions now have over a dozen letters from the league over the last five years admitting they got fucked.
>>
>>63984335
then it should've been replay of down.
>>
>>63984807
Every team gets those. After a game they can submit up to 10 plays for clarification. The cowboys had several from the lions game too. On that play the only reason the defender committed pi was the receiver grabbed him first. If you don't want the defender to push back then tell your receiver not to grab his facemask, whining about that play is fucking pathetic. Especially when as noted there were bigger no calls for holding on each of the lions TD drives.
>>
Don't choke the game away and you won't be in a position to be refballed. Up by 17 at one point. That's not all referees.
>>
>>63985848
This. If your game comes down to a ref, you fucked up pham.
>>
This thread is exactly why I want the pats and the seahawks to go back to the superbowl this year.

Just imagine the shitposting and assblastedness that would erupt out of the Patsfags saying "lel 4 rings" "oh refball shit" "bad calls" "meme team" and combine that with the inevitable gloating of the "Us 12's" that will invade this board once again.

>Pats lose first game
8x more brady threads
>GB Pull win out of its ass when Lions have 0 seconds to victory
1000% more refball threads

And this is all I live for on this board.
>>
File: refball.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
refball.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>63980203
>Refballed out of a season sweep of Green Bay

wahhhh, the refs didn't blow the 20 point lead for the lions.
>>
>>63980442
Oh god please go watch the high quality replay videos of the penalty. His thumb clearly catches his helmet. And buy a better resolution tv while your at it.
>>
File: refball.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
refball.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>63986194
Thank you,
Christ, it's insane anyone can deny with video evidence like this around.
Clearly a facemask grab
>>
File: 1416040522387.gif (2 MB, 360x263) Image search: [Google]
1416040522387.gif
2 MB, 360x263
>>63980853
this

the penalty should never have been called OR they should have called the cavalcade of holds and illegal blocks on the packers in the subsequent play.
>>
>implying anyone except the pats get refballed

The league only made the facemask call to put the Packers in the playoffs in the hope that they get better and stand a chance against us in the owl.
>>
>>63986225
he barely touched his face trying to grab his shoulder

I'm not a loins fan but that call was some next level bullshit
>>
>>63980203
>blaming the refs
>not blaming your shitty defense
>>
>>63986279
>things patsfags believe
>>
>>63986105
>grab defenders face mask and drag him behind you
>hold onto facemask to prevent him from turning his head toward the ball
>whine about not getting a flag
I hope you go another 50 years without a championship
>>
Why are Lions fans such babies? As if this win would have done anything for that shit franchise.
>>
>>63980244
>>63980255
>>63980258
>>63986279

>flag
>topic
>discarded
>>
>>63980226
but Rodgers is literally a pro feminism faggot
>>
>refballed out of a win in Seattle

That wasn't refball, they just choked
>>
File: 1362871048404.png (247 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1362871048404.png
247 KB, 500x381
>>63986194
>nfl refs consider this a facemask

thank god parents aren't letting their child play this game anymore
give us 20 years and this stupid fucking sport will be nba tier popular while america goes back to boreball
>>
>>63980203
They drafted that hoodlum Nick Fairley
>>
>>63986194

I think the most impressive part is that Rodgers could have easily gotten away from that defender, but committed to getting the facemask call. Some next level heads-up shit.
>>
as a lions fan you have got to stop complaining. last year the only reason we went to the playoffs was because of the that ridiculous end of the falcons game in england. really, the nfl is a bunch of bullshit but it goes both ways
>>
>>63980203
refegged*
>>
>>63986948
>last year the only reason we went to the playoffs was because of the that ridiculous end of the falcons game in england.
11-5 anon
detriot still had the tiebreaker over the eagles they would have made it anyway
>>
>>63986940
This

Aaron just sold the flop really well
>>
Anyone got that picture of the Seattle ref from the lions game holding the 12 man flag?
>>
>>63986977
oh i thought the opposite was true. should have made a single field goal against the bills, won and won the division tbqh. but w/e, the lions have sucked this year and lost yesterday because of a choke
>>
the NFL is a huge joke
>>
File: 1444532940823.jpg (14 KB, 346x379) Image search: [Google]
1444532940823.jpg
14 KB, 346x379
any of you dipshits even look up the fucking rule?

>If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.

I would say he immediately released it... not even sure he grasped it in the first place.

just because you make incidental contact with a player's facemask during a legal tackle does not mean it should be flagged. this kind of contact happens all the time on tackles. Rodgers got the call because he's Rodgers.

I'm not even really mad at all these Packers fags though. you guys almost got swept by the Loins and aren't going to do shit in the playoffs. Congrats.
>>
File: 1448240225768.jpg (8 KB, 397x380) Image search: [Google]
1448240225768.jpg
8 KB, 397x380
>>63980418
That angle should shut up all the Detoilet fans but they keep crying.
>>
>>63987203

Yeah you don't seem mad at all lel
>>
>>63987376

well... I'm not mad about Packers winning or Lions losing. I'm getting frustrated with all these people acting like just because there was some contact with the facemask means it should have been flagged. that doesn't get flagged 99% of the time.
>>
>>63986898
>can't read intelligent posts
>murrica
>>
>>63987302
dez taking his helmet off then
>>
>>63989404
>wahhhh Dez took his helmet of and that somehow affected the game
I don't even think that was against the rules, I seem to remember having this discussion after the game and when people pointed to the actual rule, he didn't violate it.
And even if he did that's a pathetic thing to blame the loss on, had zero impact on any play.
>>
Why were they allowed to fumble the ball forward?
>>
>>63986154
"Thumb catching his helmet" is not a penalty, it's literally in the wording of the rules
>>
File: hprjpmxd6zlwmbd10rwo.jpg (82 KB, 800x732) Image search: [Google]
hprjpmxd6zlwmbd10rwo.jpg
82 KB, 800x732
>>63987302
>taking this much joy from beating a team that's been a cellar-dweller for a generation

Yeah I'm sure you're still contenders.
>>
>>63980528
Delusional 12 please go
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.