[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DETROIT LIONS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12
File: Detroit+Lions.jpg (27 KB, 709x307) Image search: [Google]
Detroit+Lions.jpg
27 KB, 709x307
Rule 12, Section 2, Article 5 of the NFL Rule Book (page 81) states that “no player shall twist, turn, or pull the face mask of an opponent in any direction.” The Rule Book describes the penalty as follows: “Penalty: For twisting, turning or pulling the mask: loss of 15 yards. A personal foul.
>>
It's honestly not like the NFL is going to do anything about it
>>
S A L T Y
A
L
T
Y
>>
pls give webm or link to vid

i think his finger touched the facemask before the hand grabbed the jersey but need webm
>>
>twist

nope

>turn

nope

>pull

nope

He unintentionally touched it with his finger because he was falling you retard.

I'ma nuetral fan and enjoyed the hail mary, but that was refball.
>>
THANK YOU BASED REFS FOR SAVING US FROM WATCHING THE LIONS GET BTFO IN A BORING WILDCARD GAME
>>
>refs make questionable call
>this wins the game for the Packers

Rodgers chucked a ball 70 fucking yards to win the game, pussy.
>>
>>63978714
Nigga the game was literally over before that call.
>>
>>63978714
which was made possible due to a bad call

lmao at you senpai
>>
>>63978540
>lead 60 minutes
>lose
>IT WAS THAT ONE PLAY
>>
>>63978714
What about all the holds and the block in the back on the last play?
>>
I'm a Packers fan from childhood. And I will still say there is potential for
R I G G E D
I
G
G
E
D
>>
Absolutely nothing questionable about the call. In real time and from the refs position anyone would have thrown that flag.

Only when you slow it down do you see Rodgers sell the face mask, making it look worse than it actually was. Rememebr he is a WWE fan.
>>
It's funny how the Packers think they're hot shit now when all this is going to lead to is them getting shit on by Cam Newton or ever AD.
>>
Shit like this is why you let coaches challenge EVERY fucking call on the field. Give them 3 challenges and be fucking done with it already.

Refs make at least 3 awful calls nowadays.
>>
>>63979157
If I was a ref, I would call a penalty too, however, it's an extreme edge case, and could really go either way. I don't think barely touching the face mask and applying zero force should be a penalty.
>>
>>63979268
Yea, cuz I love commercials
>>
>no defensive player covering the biggest nigga on the packers in the end zone on a hail Mary

Fucking loins. Ride never ends
>>
>>63978540
The defender twisted and pulled Rodger by his face mask, even though it was for only one second. That's a penalty and a good call.
>>
>>63978714
>have your whole defense in the end zone
>still let a guy wide open and catch a hail mary

they deserved it
>>
Packers fans, at least admit it was weak. You can make a case for it being a face mask, but it was literally the luckiest thing that has ever happened to your team.
>>
>>63979367
>The defender twisted and pulled Rodger by his face mask.
>[citation needed]
>>
File: CHEESEEEEEEE.jpg (26 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
CHEESEEEEEEE.jpg
26 KB, 594x396
>>63978540
>>
>>63979441
This, the Packers shouldn't even come close to struggling against the fucking Lions if they want to have any hope of seeing playtime in January.
>>
>>63978797
pffft what holds?

when aaron spun out to the right sideline, there was a block into a shoulder, nothing close to a fucking block in the back
>>
>>63979441

Nigga, listen. It was a weak call. But it was arguable, and they can't go back on it. That's not the point. It only put us at the fucking ~40 with no time left. Any other goddamn team other than the Cleveland Browns doesn't break even a little sweat over that situation. Just contain and bat away the meme hail mary. And you didn't do that. So fuck off.
>>
>>63979555
It IS the point because if the refs did their fucking jobs you'd be 7-5 like you should be.
>>
>>63979670
Is it also the refs fault the lions gave up a 20 point lead?
>>
>salty niggers are going to throw tantrums about this
The game is over, deal with it. Stop getting mad over a game that you have no control over.
>>
>>63979745
>hurr dey shouldn't uh let dem come back

That has to be the 509th time I've see this. It doesn't matter what the score is, how bad the team played or how much Jim Caldwell's shit stinks. The refs failed at their job.
>>
>>63979819
And the fucking 18 defenders surrounding 1 player in the end zone failed their job. Fuck off
>>
>>63979670
If the refs did their fucking jobs we would have won at Lambeau.
There are bad calls in every game against every team you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>63979441
Ticky-tack call, sure, but not an incorrect one.
>>
>>63979840
You fuck off you pasty shitter enjoy your playoff loss and horrible draft position I guess

>>63979841
I'd tell you to eat my cock but you'd probably do it to be more like your faggot QB
>>
>>63979905
>You fuck off you pasty shitter enjoy your playoff loss and horrible draft position I guess
jokes on you my team is in prime position for a #1 draft pick
>>
File: wat.gif (3 MB, 513x300) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
3 MB, 513x300
>>63978614
>>
>>63980347
here is the full video

https://youtu.be/kmBgptnhP9E
>>
>>63979313

I'd rather wait an extra 2 minutes than have wrong calls
>>
>>63980347
literally as refball as it gets
>>
>>63978797
I haven't seen a hold in the last play of the game. At least I can't recall it.

Refs don't give a shit about holds on the last one, to be honest.
>>
While the facemask call was complete shit. That coverage on the last play had the lions with two defenders halfway between the endzone and LoS. You're telling they couldnt put 8 in the endzone and see one of the slowest running QB's in the NFL and move AT MOST the ten yards from the back of the endzone to catch hime in 61 yards? Really. Jim Bob cooter did his job.
>>
>>63979157
how does he sell the fucking facemask? His helmet was literally turned by the defender

it was clearly a facemask
>>
>>63978793
A play that occurred after the game was over.
fuck off shitlord
>>
File: 1331273720208.jpg (38 KB, 600x341) Image search: [Google]
1331273720208.jpg
38 KB, 600x341
>>63980347
>taps Gayron's facemask with his thumb
>personal foul
Uganda be kidding me
>>
>>63980347
helmet gets turned when his thumbs hits his mask, originally thought it was refball, but its pretty much legit if u look at it enough
>>
niggers
>>
>>63980742
>but its pretty much legit if u look at it enough
except it's not a face mask
>>
>>63980921
You must also think that Dez caught it
>>
Third-and-10 on A30. Runner A1 runs to the A33, where he is tackled by B1, who incidentally grasps A1’s facemask on the tackle, but it is not a twist, turn, or pull.
Ruling: A’s ball, fourth-and-seven, on A33. No Foul.
>>
>>63980949
what does that have to do with a quarterback flopping to get a face mask call?
>>
>>63980347
Yeah. Totally unintentional and barely there but still... He snagged it just enough to be called.

Good call refs.
>>
>>63981186
Kill yourself
>>
>>63981186
>He snagged it
did we not watch the same video?
>>
Lifelong Lions fan here. Don't care, the game went exactly as I expected. Score a bunch in the first half, then forget how to play in the second half. They deserve perpetual losing for being the most undisciplined franchise ever conceived by sports.
>>
File: Identity.png (314 KB, 644x524) Image search: [Google]
Identity.png
314 KB, 644x524
>>63978981
Fuck off Vikings fan
>>
>>63981336
Be happy! The Lions beat the Packers!
>>
>>63981375
I don't really care. They're never going to win a Super Bowl, ever. They had arguably the best running back of all time on their team and he retired early because the franchise was so fucking awful.
>>
File: 1390168638413.jpg (57 KB, 384x377) Image search: [Google]
1390168638413.jpg
57 KB, 384x377
>>63978540

Cry about it, loser! If the lions wanted to win, they would've played four quarters!
>>
>>63980347
they would have easily tackled him without that, but ya it was a facemask, even if a weak one. Right call
>>
File: image_8.jpg (95 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
95 KB, 800x600
Chicago here. Boys you gotta admit it's a face mask. The Lions are just a worse team.

Don't worry, we beat them on Thanksgiving, and also Bret farve night.

You're welcome. We'll represent Lake Michigan well.
>>
>>63981454
The vikings will represent it weller
>>
>>63978714

It's the exact same thing that happened in the Ravens/Jaguars game. Only in that case people didn't care that the game ended on a free play that shouldn't have happened, because people would rather see an underdog like the Jaguars win than the fucking Ratbirds.
>>
>>63979868
The patriots had a ticky tacky call. This one was actually incorrect.
>>
File: JayJay.jpg (106 KB, 1050x591) Image search: [Google]
JayJay.jpg
106 KB, 1050x591
>>63981454

>liking a team with Jay Cutler
why even live?
>>
>>63981454
>We'll represent Lake Michigan well.
Like remember this one time back in 2007...
>>
>>63981186
>Good call refs.
kek good one
>>
File: asmokin jay.jpg (17 KB, 236x318) Image search: [Google]
asmokin jay.jpg
17 KB, 236x318
>>63981518
We love him for all his flaws.
>>
Complaining about the facemask is faggy as hell, what you should be complaining about is your fucking defense allowing that Hail Mary
LIONS BTFO
>>
>penalties not reviewable, even after the 2 minute warning
is there any doubt at all that the nfl fixes matches?
>>
This is the exact frame the Lions, ONCE AGAIN, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
>>
>>63982024
no there isn't. but we need all the evidence we can get.
>>
>>63981411
But they did play Four quarters.... it was the extra 10 seconds they had a problem with.
>>
>>63982025
This is what, the third time this year? You'd think we'd learn by now. Fuckers were trying their hardest to lose the game in Lamblow too
>>
>>63980347
what are you fucking on about, perfectly good call, no hesitations about it
>>
>>63978797
yep. holding i think #58 and illegal block in the back #59. good eye anon i had to watch it a few times. surprisingly no penalties in the endzone though cuz that always happens on hail marrys.

the league has basically openly admitted that the refs won't call minor 5 and 10 yard penalties on these plays and the players know that. huge advantage to the offense because everyone loves high scoring games.
>>
>>63982129
what are you fucking on about, perfectly shit call, no hesitations about it
>>
>>63981454
Actual burr fan here
It wasn't, but it was an understandable call. It would've been reversed if they reviewed it

However the game we played on Thanksgiving was 150% refball. Fuck the packers
>>
I WENT TO BED AT HALF TIME WHERE CAN I WATCH THE FULL GAME ONLINE?!
>>
>>63982700
torrent it senpai

https://anon.to/Ap4SG2
>>
>>63982782

Shiiiit
Based Anon! Thank you!
>>
>>63981471
Who?
>>
It looked like a blatant facemask in real time, hence why two officials threw flags. The whole point is moot though because even if it isn't a facemask it's still a horsecollar.

>the assblasted impoverished shithole of detoilet
>>
File: johnsons-baby-shampoo11.jpg (28 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
johnsons-baby-shampoo11.jpg
28 KB, 600x600
>cough up a 20 point lead
>m-muh facemask penulty

>The City of Detoilet
>>
>>63984766
>horsecoller

do you have any idea what a horsecollar is. He literally pulled him down by his shoulder pad outside of the jersey.
>>
>>63980347
dindu nuffin
>>
>>63980347
The NFL has become softer than the NBA.
>>
>>63984766
>it's still a horsecollar.
No it wasn't a horse-collar. He didn't grab the inside of Rodgers shoulder pads.
>>
>>63979441
I'll admit that it was very questionable. I'm not sure if the Packers entirely deserved to win but they they didn't cover that one nigga in the end zone with thirty defenders so it be what it is.
>>
>>63980544
>rodgers
>slow
He's comsistently a top 7 rushing qb. That's why people gameplan against his scrambling. He's probably top half for speed
>>
>>63980419
>Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.

Fucking NFL Jews
>>
>>63980347
great flop m8
>>
Even though I'm a Lions fan I think that the game was over and it wasn't a face mask but that's beside the point. The point is that the Refs have way too much fucking power in this game to continue on. At least for the Lions alone, there have now been 3 calls in the last 2 seasons that changed the complete outcome of the game.
>Dallas
>Seattle
>Green Bay
In a season where there are only 16 regular season games and every game counts that's too much, and it's not just the Lions either. Something needs to change in this league.
>>
File: HolyShit.jpg (28 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
HolyShit.jpg
28 KB, 480x358
Daily Reminder:

The Packers needed a call to Goodell, help from the officials, a hail mary throw, and an extra 10 seconds just to beat the fucking LIONS.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.