[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
r-remember me guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: hkai_3216539b.jpg (47 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
hkai_3216539b.jpg
47 KB, 620x387
r-remember me guys?
>>
poor man's Vardy desu
>>
Of course. You have 8 PL goals this season after all.
>>
>>63949365
He's back. He's a proper player desu which means he'll leaving spuds soon.
>>
>>63949376
Hard to see him leaving if Spurs make the CL next season which is looking reasonably likely
>>
>>63949398
Then he'll leave the year after that. It's a matter of time if he keeps being good
>>
>>63949406
>'HE WON'T PLAY FOR TOTTENHAM FOR EVER!!!'
yes, and so what
the EPL is a inferior 'top' league in pretty much everything but revenue

he won't win anything relevant in a irrelevant team of an 'irrelevant' league
>>
>one season wonder they said
>8 goals in just 13 games so far

ABE's BTFO
>>
>>63950233
Remember when Brazil produced world class talents like Kane and Vardy? Nah, me neither.
>>
is he , dare I say it?

The next Ronaldo9
>>
>>63950284
Vardy is vastly inferior to Ricardo Oliveira.
Kane is an improved Leandro Damião, who played for a sunday league equivalent before being scouted by a tiny club in the south of Brazil.

I ain't even joking.
England doesn't improve or contend anything because they hail and hype mediocrity this much.
>>
>>63950409

Kane and Vardy are scoring goals at the highest level every week. Those two literally who's you mentioned have done nothing in their careers to warrant such a comparison.
>>
>>63950409
>implying anyone knows who they are

Just be glad you're living i n the age of the english GOATs lad. Chat shit get Banged.

God bless.
>>
File: lolfw.png (170 KB, 937x1074) Image search: [Google]
lolfw.png
170 KB, 937x1074
>>63950449
Tottenham certainly knows who Damião is, they almost signed him.

Ricardo Oliveira is the current CF for Brazil, a level neither Vardy or Kane will ever meet, and also a former Milan player.

Ricardo had his form while at Milan severely hindered by the kidnapping of his sister, unfortunately. This set him to a downward spiral and inferior leagues because he's greedy as well, but his technique, placement and finishing is pristine.
He's majestic compared to Vardy.

Just look at these 4 players objectively, you'll have to admit I'm right.

>>63950439
>highest level
>mfw
>>
>>63950546
>Ricardo Oliveira is the current CF for Brazil
yeah, great achievement these days. he's in the same bracket as fred and luis fabiano

lmao

starting for brazil is not an achievement anymore. only neymar would actually get in england's team from brazil
>>
>>63950546
>writing a serious wall of text to quite obvious satire

full blown aspergers right here lads
>>
>>63950570
He's superior to both Fred
He's a fox compared to the slug that Fred is. A better finisher as well.
Just look at his highlights for Santos this season.

>and Luis Fabiano
They were on par on their prime. Oliveira proved to be more long-lasting and remarkably sharpened his abilities as well. He lost a tiny bit of pace, but he knows the 'shortcuts in the pitch', as corny as it sounds.

>>63950571
>wall of text
the satire lies in your responses, if anything.
>>
>>63950570
and lets not pretend, Luis Fabiano is superior to anyone you had since what, 30~50 years?

It's likely you never seen a CF of his level play for England.
>>
File: 1448282537476.gif (1 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1448282537476.gif
1 MB, 500x280
>>
>Brazil
>still relevant

nice meme, but much like england, they think their past success makes them important. Watching Brazil's star-studded team of the late 90s and early 2000s deplete into the one man meme show it is today is really quite depressing. if it wasn't for some quite blatant refball, they would never have even made the SF of their own world cup, and we all know what happened the moment they finally came up against a decent team.

Unfortunately for Brazil and the rest of SA, European teams are far, far better these days, which is why a European team has won the last 3 world cups.

t. objective welshman
>>
oh, here comes some uneducated brazilian to rescue the other two ignorants.
>>
>>63950703
you can count on your fingers the 'superior' european teams.
don't try to generalize to comfortably/sneakily put yourself in the same bracket as spain and germany, my dear inferior european team.

the rest of the continent is a joke, with some prominent memes here and there because they look on paper and either upset discretely or in a way people can't find it reasonable so nobody trashes them because it was a 'bad day'.
and they, unlike us, in that matter, don't feature the public hate/envy the greats have. there's no cushion for our fall, unlike for them.
just saying this. rather have like it that than otherwise.
>>
>>63950681
fabiano is soldado tier

england has 4 strikers CURRENTLY better than fabiano ever was
>>
>>63950769
lol, my team will never be an international heavyweight, just pointing out that the best football is now in europe these days, and the brazilian superpower of international football is now a shell of its former self. when you keep hiring fucking dunga as a coach, you know you're in trouble.
>>
>>63950794
>fabiano is soldado tier
>england has 4 strikers CURRENTLY better than fabiano ever was
why would you even write the second sentence, the first one does a good job to display you 'knowledge' level already.

do you notice how many excellent players 'upset' in the EPL? why must be it? surely it's entirely their fault, their are bad, the league they've come from is awful.

it's not like the EPL is a reverse cinderella, as a league. in which only the untalented and the inexplicably lucky thrive.

to this day I'm still amazed by Juninho's success at middlesbrough. it makes absolutely no sense. expected to see more of it coming from Nenê at West Ham, and nope, nothing.

La liga? A joke. the EPL is superior, horizontally mediocre. Who cares about the two titans of football? Better have 5 contending teams in a championship, earning a truck of money and have them upset away from their magical league.
>>
holy shit stop replying you muppets
>>
File: h4.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
h4.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>63950917
>unintelligible rambling

zzzzzzzzzz make some sense or piss off
>>
>>63949367
More like rich man's Rooney
>>
>>63950917
>t. Scolari still mad he lasted less than a season at Chelsea, the most stacked team in the league at that time
>>
>>63950945
perhaps I should resort to autistic website hostility and desperately try to disqualify my interlocutor

oh, wait, I can do better. I'd do that if I couldn't engage a conversation, but I can.
>>
Reminder this favelamonkey is mentally ill and spends hours of his day crying about england and the EPL on the token sports section of an anime imageboard
>>
>>63951003
>engage in conversation
>claims the PL is some talent negater and if players don't succeed it's the league's fault
>brings up nene and other shite

most brazilians don't do well true, but they're mostly overhyped because they're brazilian (true with england as well i know).

your 'argument' wasn't worthy of a response really
>>
I swear I bust this briton 2 times a week without even seeking it and he always end up resorting to racism, back-pedalling or talking to the walls.
Either that or they're this pathetic as a default.
>>
>Brazil's #1 goalkeeper played at QPR

If the EPL is shit, what does that say about the brazil squad? lmao
>>
>mfw this 'english' guy posting under the UK flag probably isn't even English
best ruse tool ever
>>
brazil and their shitty favelaniggers should be nuked off the map
>>
>>63951038
My argument was that 1. Ricardo Oliveira is superior to Vardy. 2. That Oliveira and Fabiano were equivalent on their prime. 3. That Fabiano is a better centre-forward that anyone england had in the last 30 years, minimum.

What I was thrown was that Soldado was as good as Fabiano, which isn't true. And that Soldado upsetting at the EPL is any relevant as a ruler of capability/talent, which it isn't.

If it were, Di Maria would be a negation, which he isn't.

I then compared Nene and Juninho to reinforce this point.
And yes, it's a fair comparison. I could bring up Kleberson as well.
Juninho was one of the most mediocre players to wear the Brazil jersey in a world cup, even by today's standards. He was a hardworker, and that's it.

You may be upset I called the EPL the reverse cinderella, and I respect that, but don't be a fool, it's all true.
>>
>>63951063
He was Scolari's choice.

Scolari can't be taken as a ruler of reasonable decisions, can he?
That mediocre argument of yours can be undone this easily.
>>
>>63949365
Whos that, doesnt look anything like Vardy please somebody quick post some Vardy pi
>>
>>63951109
Look, the kettle badmouthing the pot.
>>
>>63951138
You mean, the world cup winning scolari? It's amazing how quick Hues turn on their greats, yet after Dunga fucks up (again) you'll probably hire Scolari (for the third time) lmao.
>>
>>63951129
>My argument was that 1. Ricardo Oliveira is superior to Vardy
who gives a fuck? some35 year old guy no one's heard of is better than some meme pikey?

>That Fabiano is a better centre-forward that anyone england had in the last 30 years, minimum.

laughable. soldado and fabiano are comparable. similar goal/game ratios for europa league/uefa cup la liga teams. they are both shit

>Juninho was one of the most mediocre players to wear the Brazil jersey in a world cup, even by today's standards. He was a hardworker, and that's it.
so why are you suprised at his 'success'? i thought bad players thrived?

you're confused as fuck
>>
File: 1447835286584.png (54 KB, 619x441) Image search: [Google]
1447835286584.png
54 KB, 619x441
>>
>>63951129
You're overstating Juninho's success a bit.

He played for a mid-table/relegation tier side back when the league was even weaker than it is now. He's a cult hero for them, but nothing more.
>>
>>63951154
The brazilian confederation's decisions aren't ruled by any bit of democracy, so one can't say it reflects what brazilians think or want.
Since 2012 it's the general opinion that Corinthians' manager Tite should be the coach of Brazil.

The choice for scolari was based exacly the fact that he's won a world cup. That should shield the confederation from any criticism. Thing is, he won it with a team packed of talent and in a time football was much different. In which outstanding talent alone with very superficial tactics could win a world cup.

That's not the case anymore, everyone knew he's methods were primitive. Nobody abandons a national team playing a world cup at home, so any impression of support towards him should be corrected, knowing that.

>>63951162
I'm hiding you, you're just angry. Learn to engage a conversation and to remain composed, it's not hard.
>>
>>63951245
I'm not overstating his success. I'm using him as a contrast to high profile players that fail independently of their talent there. And it happens very often, you can't deny that.

Playing for a small club may have aided him, but so should have aided Nenê, or Cambiasso. Neither were a fraction as remarkable.
>>
(I'm sorry for the grammar/wording errors. Most aren't proof-read related, it's just that I'm picking the wrong words for the right sounds and it's hard to notice.)
>>
>>63951272
you seem to think nene was some world beater with a huge price tag. he's a literally who.

also cambiasso was praised for his performances.

this list of good players who have flopped is small. the only real example is di maria and he had off the field problems (he also played well for the first 6 weeks or so)

you're just giving examples of shit players that didn't play well and saying they're good
>>
Why are people still responding to this hue after he's already posted a gloating post>>63950687
that he's baiting?
>>
>>63951288
you should be sorry for being a obnoxious demented manchildren, not for grammar.
>>
>>63951295
Google 'biggest premier league flops'. I won't do a job you can do alone.
If you want to remain deluded, fine.
I said most of what I had to say, and it's all true.

Vardy is vastly worse than the current brazil centre-forward.
Kane is an improved Leandro Damião, and that ain't much.

If you're smart, you'll look for highlights and redeem your ignorance. You don't have to admit it to me or anyone. Just don't make a fool of yourself.

>>63951316
Why would you torture yourself watching me discuss when it clearly makes you itch? You've been begging for them to stop answering me this entire time. Don't you value your time? I do.
That's why I'm out of this thread.
>>
>>63951408
>i have no argument just google it

brilliant
>>
amusing thread
>>
>>63951408
>the premier league is soviet russia where good players flop and bad players shine

Ever considered, like any league, there's period of adaptation and some players are more adaptable than others? The premier league isn't for everyone. Even the greats. The weather is shit, the style of play is a lot faster than some players are used to, there's a different culture and language to learn. All of which are pretty significant factors that an impact how a player performs.
>>
I should pick a name to inspire fear upon brits right from arrival, to be honest.

But then they would be able to filter me and I can't afford this.

>>63951464
Fuck me, really? The buzzer has sounded already.

I can't even read this right now, much less respond it.

Call me a chicken, it should comfort you.
>>
>>63951464
it makes it seem like you're agreeing with me.

Do you agree that a player's quality have very little to do with his success in a league like so hostile as that one you described, and thus it should not be taken as a ruler to another players' talent like in that stupid syllogism that put Soldado and Luis Fabiano as equals?

I hope so. xoxo
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.