[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will LeBron be remembered once his era is over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: lebron.png (131 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
lebron.png
131 KB, 350x254
Well?

Thinking about how Kobe is retiring is making me think how a future HoFer like LeBron is going to be remembered.
>>
>>63944350
>>63944350
An overrated boring whiner who was mostly propped up by the mainstream media. Zero highlights.
>>
>>63944386

>boring
>overrated

What team do you cheer for?
>>
Who?
>>
A stat-babby ring-chaser who twice abandoned his teammates because he wasn't good enough to win at his current team anymore.
>>
Not as fondly as Kareem, Magic, Bird, Jordan. Probably borderline top 10
>>
>>63944421
/thread
He legitimately tried to build a team like the spurs and still can't do it
> INB4 GAME 6
The spurs built a dynasty in his era, while he gets destroyed almost every year in the finals and only has 2 rings
>>
>>63944350
depends if he can win a title or 2 in CLE

stupid but true
>>
>>63944421
you mean they werent good enough
>>
>>63944499
It's not his fault his teams are always trash...
>>
>>63944350
Playing second fiddle to Curry
>>
>>63944537
>Free agent in 2010
>literally can pick the best team possible
>hurrdurr he doesn't have enuf help
>free agent in 2014
>not only can he pick the best team possible but Clelvland let him hand pick the roster
>hurrdurr not enuf halp
>>
Goat
>>
>>63944566
Why do casuals always try to put Curry into the conversation?

He's literally only had one good season (last season), and he got his teammate Monta Ellis, a face of the franchise, booted off the team.

Why didn't we hear this GOAT talk in 2009-2012? Was MJ or Kobe or LeBron ever that trash in their first few years?
>>
>>63944764
>he got his teammate Monta Ellis, a face of the franchise, booted off the team
How's that a bad thing?
>>
>>63944764
>getting a shit player traded
>bad
>>
Here Lies Lebron James

He Was a Big Guy
>>
>>63944809
>Curry plays with a scrub
>boots his sorry ass off the team
>Lelbron plays with a scrub
>cries in a corner about not having enough help
Honestly, it's not even close between these two
>>
>>63944774
>>63944809

>Ellis
>architect of the 2007 Warriors playoff run
>scrub

Are you sure you guys watch basketball?
>>
>>63944499
>only 2 rings
>only
Guy, you know how many greats would have killed for ONE ring?
>>
>>63944865
>architect of the 2007 Warriors playoff run
>literally averaged 8 points on .380 shooting (.111 from 3) in the playoffs
some architect
>>
>>63944865
Werent stephen Jackson and Baron Davis more instrumental in that run? Was a while ago
>>
>>63944764
People didn't consider MJ the GOAT until almost a decade into his career
>>
>>63944950
He had a way stronger start though
>>
>>63944522
>you mean they weren't good enough
yeah, that's what it was. all those all-stars and super 3 point shooters were just awful
>>
LeBron will be remembered as the asshat who left town to win and came back to collect retirement pay.
>>
>>63944853
Most Warriors fans wanted Curry, Mr. Glass Ankles, traded over Ellis

Curry was literally more broken than D. Rose
>>
>>63944871
autist, you know there are better than lebron, both stat wise and ring wise, so what's your fucking point
>>
File: 1348547704649.gif (467 KB, 606x423) Image search: [Google]
1348547704649.gif
467 KB, 606x423
>>63944350
what's funny is that, in 20 years teenagers (who weren't alive to see him play) will be looking up lebron's stats on wikipedia and think of him the same way we think of clyde drexler today.
>oh lebron? yeah i heard he was pretty decent, but just couldn't be "the guy"
they're going to look at his playoff record, his ridiculous TO margin for a foward, and see all the memes of him choking and flopping. his legacy is a joke, and it always will be.
>won't have the legacy of jordan/kobe
>won't be remembered for his post-career jobs like shaq/barkley/magic/kareem because he's boring as fuck
>hasn't set any meaningful records like steph curry has
and he deserves all of this, desu
>>
It all depends on how many rings he ends up with.

That's all your casual fans care about, unfortunately
>>
>>63945081
>Mr. Glass Ankles
Where did this meme come from? He had one season when he missed 30-something games and outside of that he has been playing almost all the time
>>
>>63945141
>hasn't set any meaningful records
>Literally the fastest to 25k points

He's finishing his career top 10 in points and assists

>4x MVP
>2x FMVP
>2 rings
>ROTY
>2x Olympian
>9x All-NBA
>5x All-NBA Defense
>11x All-Star
>Has averaged 20ppg every season
>Is averaging 27/7/6 career wise
>Only player in NBA history to record two triple-doubles with 30 or more points in one NBA Finals series
>>
Why are people comparing LeBron to Curry? They're literally incomparable
>>
>>63945449
i said meaningful records, fag. like i said, let's use clyde drexler for comparion:

>10x all star
>nba champion
>Olympian
>all NBA'r
>HOF'r
>scoring machine
but ask anyone casual under the age of 25 who drexler is, and they'll say "who?"
and that was just the first person i thought of off the top of my head. here's another example. guess who this player is:
>nba champion
>finals mvp
>3x league MVP
>12x all star
>6x rebounding leader
>8x all nba team
>averaged 20/12 for his career
did you guess moses malone? no? because no one fucking else would have either.
the NBA is full of guys who were great. but unless they're looking at slideshows of "nba all time greats", no one remembers them off the top of their head. i mean, sure, moses was one of the top 20 players of all time, and lebron will be too. but that doesn't mean people will remember them as being "greats".
everyone will always remember jordan. everyone will always remember kobe. lebron will only be remembered in passing, and chances are, they'll remember all the negative, dumb shit he did as opposed to "muh inflated stats"
>>
File: KingCrimson.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
KingCrimson.webm
2 MB, 800x450
Lebron is top 5 if he was in a real franchise

Unfortunately he's dragged down by Leaveland for over half his career.
>>
>>63944764
Are you retarded ?

The season before his MVP run was statistically better. And curry didn't get Ellis booted. The front office realized trying to keep both wasn't going to work and correctly decided building around steph was the better option.

I'm guessing you just started watching basketball if you really didn't hear the goat conversations for them back then
>>
>>63945637

you are so retarded it hurts.

I'm sure the kids will remember lebron after he releases space jam 2 in 2017
>>
>>63945637
>LeBron won't be remembered as the greatest forward of all time
>meaningful records
>Literally uses the same stats I just said

You're a fucking moron LeBron will be remembered as a TOP 10 PLAYER and obviously one of the greatest of all time

Fuck off if you seriously think LeBron will be "just another all time great"
>>
>>63945816
i bet that's the same thing they said about elgin baylor, elvin hayes, earl monroe, rick barry, etc.
"there's no WAY it'll get better than these guys!"
but ask anyone who these guys are, and your average casual will say "uh.. golfers?"
your love for BBC is blinding you. sure, lebron puts up gaudy, unnecessary stats. but he isn't the first, and he won't be the last. but what has he really done? he's 2-4 in the finals, and he's lucky to not be 1-5. he's a good scorer, but not an amazing one. he's not a great rebounder. he turns the ball over like it's a hot potato. he wouldn't enter any dunk contests, so he won't be remembered for that. so what is it?
face it, history is written by the winners, my friend. he's going to be remembered for 2-4, the cramp game, the 2011 finals, being the poster boy for flopping, being a drama queen crybaby, and ditching his teams to be carried by all-stars and 3 point shooters.
sorry that you just found out santa claus isn't real, bud
>>
>>63944350
I think it's disgusting that he is considered by many to be on the same level of basketball greatness as Kobe, Duncan, Shaq.
>>
>>63944350
he won't be because no one is watching the nba
>>
>>63946146
Lebrun is the better overall player, besides, kobr isn't even top ten. Honesty he's an overrated inefficient chucker. That being said he's still like top 13
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 1300x892) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 1300x892
>>63944764
>>
Honestly?

I think it will go down as one of the worst decisions in NBA history to leave Miami. Had a good, winning culture there. He chose nostalgia to go back to the clown show that is Cleveland.

Shameful.
>>
>>63946503
imagine Lebron still with Miami now that Whiteside is there...
>>
>>63946462
Lebron is better at putting up stats, Kobe is better at everything else.

It's like Peyton vs Brady.
>>
>>63944350
If he actually wins a hip for Cleveland, he'll be immortal.
>>
>>63944416
cavs
>>
File: herowedeserve.jpg (308 KB, 1124x1124) Image search: [Google]
herowedeserve.jpg
308 KB, 1124x1124
>>63944350
>How will LeBron be remembered?

he will always be compared against the GOAT

pic related, THE GOAT
>>
>>63945098
Stats wise there aren't many players better than LeBron period
>>
>>63945995
>your love for BBC is blinding you.
kek'd
>>
>>63944989
this. Jordan was dropping 60 his rookie year and winning slam dunk contests and shit. Meanwhile, Steph took 4+ years trying to get his shit straight
>>
Can someone tell me how Curry is better than LeBron?
>>
>>63946793

This. All he has to do is bring home the hardware for Cleveland ONCE - just ONCE - and he can retire happy.
>>
>>63945816
eh why drake got his sweater on backwards?
>>
>>63944421
>twice
>implying he isnt ditching the cavs again after this season
>>
>>63950028
He beat LeBron + third string bench scrubs with an (effectively) illegal stacked superteam with the Finals MVP coming off the bench after almost being down 3-0 and eventually stopped being shut down by Australia's finest: Matthew Delevadedoveda

Watch your mouth and respect the new king of the NBA.
>>
>>63944386
>zero highlights
>overhyped by media
Pick one
>>
More fun to watch than Meme Curry
>>
File: beta as fuck.webm (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
beta as fuck.webm
1 MB, 600x338
>>63944350

>2-4
>>
He will go down between #5-8 all time, ahead of kobe easily. Yes he got keked by pop but his career is far from over.

Kobe is clutch with amazing heart, but less talent.
>>
>>63944350
A whining, flopping refbabby who couldnt close the deal when it mattered and was unfairly compared to true greats because the media had nothing else to talk about.
>>
As one of the greats, a harbinger of things to come, one of the first to combine his extreme athleticism and speed with such size and musculature, a true showcase of the power of growth hormone laden food and modern sports medicine. A consummate, media savvy player who understood how to use public opinion for personal gain and was able to play to the game by using the rules to his advantage. Overall ranking? Top 10 all time, perhaps top 5.
Definitely top 3 of the post-handchecking era.
>>
>>63944350
You know how some people say Shaq, despite being an all time great and top ten player underachieved? That times a million.
>>
>>63944522
>>
>>63944865
Monta barely played in that series you fucking retard
>>
File: lebron james the greatest ever.png (4 MB, 1702x1144) Image search: [Google]
lebron james the greatest ever.png
4 MB, 1702x1144
James is crybaby hack. He is an amazing player but his bitch persona will get the best of him. And yeah, leaving cleaveland for cheat. Spurs curse will forever haunt him, before you faggot go all about "LeBron won, negro", it was Ray Allen with a fucking insane lucky shot. I highly doubt he will win another title in Cavs uniform. Will probably go another four years and then he joins whatever team is stacking up.
>>
>>63944350

2nd best non BIG to play the game
>>
>>63944522
>>63944537
>ledoodoo balding man posting on /sp/
go home has-been
>>
>>63945778
>lebron releasing space jam 2
>not replaced by curry the goat
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.