[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Navy Fleet Helmets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 15
File: 01.jpg (140 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
140 KB, 630x420
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594473-navy-football-to-feature-position-specific-navy-fleet-helmets-for-army-game

Navy Football to Feature Position-Specific 'Navy Fleet' Helmets for Army Game
Nov 30, 2015

For the first time in NCAA history, a college football team will have its players wearing different helmets during the game based on the position they play.

And no, it's not the Oregon Ducks.

The Navy Midshipmen will be wearing special "Navy Fleet" uniforms for the Army-Navy game on Saturday, Dec. 12, in Philadelphia.

Although the uniforms look sharp, the new look is all about the helmets.

There will be a total of seven different hand-painted helmets worn by Midshipmen players during the game, representing "seven of the historic ships that make up the U.S. Naval Fleet." Each position group will be assigned a specific helmet that will pay tribute to one of the seven ships;
>>
>>63934876

Quarterbacks: Aircraft Carrier ("Ultimate decision-maker")
>>
>>63934883

Running Backs: Littoral Combat Ship ("Fast and nimble")
>>
File: kongou.png (361 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
kongou.png
361 KB, 600x800
I'M OKAY WITH THIS
~DESU
>>
>>63934897

Wide Receivers: Submarine ("Predominantly utilized as blockers...but bring significant firepower when called upon")
>>
Legit
>>
>>63934914

Linemen: Amphibious Assault Ship ("Enables the invading force to gain access")
>>
>>63934929

Linebackers: Cruiser ("Provides anti-air defense and packs the biggest punch")
>>
>>63934942

Defensive Backs: Destroyer ("Significant firepower, speed and anti-missile defense")
>>
>>63934961

Special Teams: Minesweeper ("Identifying and eliminating mines")
>>
File: Jewish-Neo.jpg (48 KB, 470x314) Image search: [Google]
Jewish-Neo.jpg
48 KB, 470x314
Did the Israeli nationals have foreknowledge of the events at WTC and were they filming the events prior to and in anticipation of the explosion?

See also:
Federal Assistance to Recipient URBAN MOVING SYSTEMS INC

Netanyahu says 9/11 terror attacks good for Israel

Zionist Circles Benefit From WTC Collapse
>>
File: 02.jpg (76 KB, 630x815) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
76 KB, 630x815
>>63934975
>>
File: 03.jpg (44 KB, 630x494) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
44 KB, 630x494
>>63934986
>>
go navy
>>
File: dreadnought-day.jpg (173 KB, 678x960) Image search: [Google]
dreadnought-day.jpg
173 KB, 678x960
Fucking awful

>the US Navy has a worse aesthetic than a bunch of ameriboos who play handegg on the park in Portsmouth
>>
Pretty cool desu
>>
>>63935097
Based Pompey helmets.
>>
Imperialist propaganda. Fuck off babykillers
>>
File: 1405461240375.png (515 KB, 587x600) Image search: [Google]
1405461240375.png
515 KB, 587x600
Dank
>>
its stupid that they only put sea vessels on the helmet considering the football team consists of the most alpha guys at the Naval Academy and the majority of the guys don't go Navy but Marines. They should have put pictures of M-4 Carbines and grenade launchers. At least put some Ospreys or Harriers on there.
>>
>>63934876
Love em. Are we approaching a future where Army and Navy will drop in via parachutes/boats/jeeps/tanks and play their annual game in a stadium on Guantanamo?
>>
>>63936363

Marines wouldn't matter without the carriers and the naval artillery, you stupid shit

CIVIES AND GROUNDIES OUTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: mfw.gif (814 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
814 KB, 500x281
Now we just need the cheerleaders to follow suit, and we'll have taken another step closer to a live-action American Kantai Collection.
>>
>>63935097

That's actually pretty cool. I like how the team names are actually relevant to the city names. Go Dreadnoughts!
>>
>>63936515
yeah the fucking carriers and naval guns are super helpful in the mountains of Afganistan you semen-slurping seaman.

Naval warfare is outdated and basically a waste of money. Sick of the DoD spending billions on new warships when the Marines actually doing the fighting have decades old gear

WHERES MY SUPERSOLDIER EXOSKELETON REEEEEE?
>>
absolutely the gayest shit i have ever seen
>>
>>63939881
Finally, thread had me questioning my taste. For an outsider, so much of gridion is cringey as fuck.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.