[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
December 2015 rating list
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: December 2015.png (152 KB, 750x1200) Image search: [Google]
December 2015.png
152 KB, 750x1200
You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top 50.

Also, London Chess Classic, the final tournament of the Grand Chess Tour, begins on Friday.

Carlsen, Topalov, Anand, Nakamura, Aronian, Caruana, Giri, Vachier-Lagrave, Grischuk and Adams will be participating.
>>
Why are Spanish speaking countries so bad at chess?
>>
And the soviets so good?
>>
>>63932195
Cuba is rather good, I would say, and Spain and Peru have potential, both with one established player around 2680 and several young talents coming up.
>>63932205
Chess was as popular in the Soviet Union as football was (and is) in the western world.
>>
Yisss i can post. Op is a fag
>>
>>63932139
lmao none of the top US players are white

get #rekt crackers
>>
>>63932283
Which player's style do you prefer, Rapport or Leko?
>>63932291
They're all white approximately half of the time.
>>
>>63932299
the u.s. players or all the players in general? seems like a decent mix overall.
>>
>>63932315
Each and every one of the players will be white approximately half of the time.
>>
>Magnus Carlsen
>good

Top kek!
>>
>>63932299
I dont know anything about chess, this is the first time i hear about rapport. Leko had a lot of news covarage when he was pretty good (i think there was a time like that right) but i dont follow at all
>>
>>63932333
He played a match for the World Championship against Kramnik in 2004, so yes, he has been among the very best.
The two top Hungarian players have very different styles. Leko is extremely safe and solid, or as some would say, boring, while Rapport plays all kinds of crazy openings.
>>
>>>/asp/
>>>/trash/
>>
is Morphy a meme?
Other than being a nut, what is Bobby Fischers legacy?
>>
>>63932341
Thats interesting actually. I still find chess boring unfortunately
>>
>>63932139
>Carlshit

Wei Yi is coming for him
>>
>>63932367
Fischer is the GOAT
morphy was just an earlier version of Tal imo
>>
>>63932367
Morphy was the best player of his day (late 1850's), until Steinitz arrived. Morphy himself wasn't a meme, but the idea that he would be able to compete with the best players of today certainly is.
Fischer's legacy is mostly the importance of professionalism in chess. Before him, the World Champion had been a state-sponsored Soviet citizen. Fischer is also known for being one of the innovators of deep opening preparation and specialization. Being one of the most extreme in the area, Fischer played 1.e4 with white, the King's Indian against 1.d4, the Sicilian against 1.e4 and that was it.
>>63932375
Maybe you should take a look at some of Rapport's games, or maybe Polgar's. Even though she's retired, she
>>
>>63932421
what is your elo rating?
>>
File: highest300.png (50 KB, 300x415) Image search: [Google]
highest300.png
50 KB, 300x415
>>63932416
I don't believe it before I see it.
>>63932418
Fischer is, if not the GOAT, then at the very least one of the strongest and most dominant players of all time. Tal, on the other hand, should not be underestimated.
>>63932421
Something odd happened to my post.
>>63932423
It is between 1700 and 1800. I have been losing points consistently this year.
>>
>>63932428
are you striving for candidates master title or are you gonna try and go all the way to gm?
>>
>>63932443
I do not consider the GM title a realistic goal. I will first see if I can get above 2000 (and more importantly, stay there).
>>
>>63932455
how old are you?
>>
File: 1409134793833.jpg (150 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1409134793833.jpg
150 KB, 640x480
>>63932139
>Vachier-Lagrave
>>
>>63932458
You are going to look at the rating list for Norwegian players between 1700 and 1800, at my age? I can say that I'm between 18 and 30.
>>63932463
You are not the first to be amused by his name, and will probably not be the last.
>>
>>63932467
not at all, was just curious as to how old you were since anybody over 30 probably doesn't have much more time to reach their peak. (unless they dedicated their day to chess and got a gm coach)
>>
>mfw my country only had 11 grandmasters and only one of them was GOAT tier
>>
>>63934176
Mecking could have been one of the great rivals of Karpov, had he not fallen ill.
>>
>>63932291
There are 3 (three) black Grandmasters in the entire history of chess
>>
really bad year for carlsen. i don't know what i should think about this. i really liked him but his weird behaviour is starting to annoy me.

giri as world champion would be a dream come true i think. his waifu tier wife would be in the media more often and the interviews wouldn't be so boring anymore.
>>
>>63937729
Out of the players qualified for the Candidates Tournament, I think Giri is the player with the best chance to actually beat Carlsen in a match, but the worst chance (except Svidler) to win the tournament itself. Being a solid player with a high draw percentage is good for matches, but bad for tournaments.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.