[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Scrawny judo homo goes against a 210 lb monster >"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: judo.jpg (350 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
judo.jpg
350 KB, 2000x1500
>Scrawny judo homo goes against a 210 lb monster
>" I will use his bodyweight against him and beat him. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Har Har"

What other "martial arts" have retarded ass beliefs that get absolutely destroyed in a real fight?
>>
>>63914002

Can you link the results of the fight you are talking about?
>>
>>63914016
Not talking about any specific fight. Just the fact that most martial arts fail hard in an actual fight.
>>
>>63914021

So you are saying a big dude beats small dude, all others equal?
>>
>>63914002
Aikido is the king of this
>>
>>>asp
Tbh senpai
>>
File: 1424041010522.jpg (61 KB, 472x874) Image search: [Google]
1424041010522.jpg
61 KB, 472x874
>>
File: XC5iZTIxlbj3b64e79_V0a_Td0E.jpg (25 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
XC5iZTIxlbj3b64e79_V0a_Td0E.jpg
25 KB, 420x315
>twist wrist
>guy somersaults 20 metres
Super legit
>>
>>63914002

I'm a shit newbie at street fighting at I'd spar with a much bigger friend and he was really surprised by the counters and re-directs I was able to do with a very basic knowledge of Wing Chun.

What is your point? An experienced fighter has the edge over an inexperienced one? Weight classes matter? Judo is based on lies? Martial Arts have no mechanical principles? Some martial arts aren't purely street self defense courses and have many other components?

A thread had to die for the blog post of a Fin who's mind is probably rotted from boredom and watching too much UFC.
>>
>>63914095
An inexperienced monster will beat the fuck out of a black belt whatever pro.
>>
>>63914077
not a practitioner or anything but if they can twist your wrist far enough from you flipping over then say goodbye to your wrist cuz they just broke it.
>>
>>63914101

I'm pretty sure Bruce Lee was very capable of taking down men much bigger than he-- let alone someone who didn't know how to fight.
>>
>>63914095
His point is that many martial arts are narrow minded and naive in their teachings
>>
>>63914077
You're doing that somersault because otherwise your wrist just snaps into a thousand pieces
>>
>>63914101
nope

it depends how big the differential is. A giant is slow and will lose wind after about 3 mins.
>>
>>63914101
Slow down there, champ. You can't make up for lack of fighting experience with size.

Someone with years of combat training will dismantle any inexperienced opponent.
>>
Size is basically experience to a certain extent. Saying that someone with huge muscles is inexperienced is a misnomer. If you are talking about a tall flabby fat dude vs a short muscly dude my money is on the muscly dude.
>>
>>63914121
>Bruce fucking Lee took down bigger people than himself
>therefore martial artists can normally win against bigger people than themselves

You realise why that's retarded, right?

You put a 150 pound fighter in a fight against a 200 pound person in at least average shape, it's just going to be unfair how much stronger the latter will be. Why do you think weight classes are only 13 or so pounds apart? Because it doesn't matter if they're better trained, they're just going to get overpowered each time, outside of a lucky hit or whatever.
>>
>>63914177
Someone who lifts weights but has no combat experience will hardly fare better against an experienced opponent than his skinnyfat buddy
>>
>>63914192
Weight classes exist for people with at least comparable levels of experience, you tard.

Or do you seriously believe 50 pounds equates to years of training?
>>
>>63914206
>Someone who lifts weights but has no combat experience will hardly fare better against an experienced opponent than his skinnyfat buddy

Most fights end up being quasi wrestling matches. You watch too much worldstarhiphop if you think most fights end with one dude punching the other guy once and knocking him out.
>>
>>63914230
>Or do you seriously believe 50 pounds equates to years of training?

Are we talking about 50 lbs of muscle or just 50 lbs? I would take a 130 lb boxer vs a 500 lb tub of lard any day.
>>
>>63914192

Except I didn't say or imply any of that. The main variable is dedication to training, experience, and technique, regardless of size. I picked a prime example of those 3 qualities, that is all.

You need to state what qualities are ceretus perebus in order to make fair comparisons. If you are saying trumps, literally everything else equal, well no fucking shit that's not even worth the temp space and the archive space your posts will take up in order to state the painfully trite and obvious.
>>
>>63914253

size trumps*
>>
>>63914253
The point of this thread is that Tae Kwon Do nerds lose to football jocks please discuss that
>>
>>63914192
>You put a 150 pound fighter in a fight against a 200 pound person in at least average shape, it's just going to be unfair how much stronger the latter will be.

If you think you can sit on your ass, get fat, and magically become stronger boy do I have news for you.
>>
>Finn is too drunk, retarded, and inbred to even know the difference between Jujutsu, Krav Maga, and Muy Thai
>Talks shit anyways

Finnish heritage disease everyone
>>
>>63914292
What the fuck are you referring to or do you want cool points for knowing those words
>>
>>63914282
>The point of this thread is that Tae Kwon Do nerds lose to football jocks please discuss that

People are trying to pass off simple weight as an advantage and I think that is a ridiculous. People are also trying to pass off pounds and pounds of muscle as irrelevant to fighting and I find that ridiculous as well.

Basically everyone in this thread is a fucking moron except me.
>>
>>63914299

Why are you posting in this thread if you know literally zero about martial arts. Go back to /nfl/ and fucking your cousin please, cletus.
>>
>>63914307
What was the purpose of your original post? >>63914307
>>
>>63914253
First of all if you're going to use Latin to sound intelligent learn how to spell. I used an example of 2 people within 50 pounds of each other because you'd reach a point of diminishing returns eventually. As >>63914241 said you'd want a lightweight boxer vs a gigantic out of shape fatass.
>>
>>63914301
Tae Kwon Do and Judo are snake oil
>>
>>63914324

Meme martial arts tbqh
>>
>>63914313

It's shorter than the phrase "all other things equal", and as my education wasn't in latin you'll have to excuse the shit spelling.
>>
>>63914324
>Tae Kwon Do and Judo are snake oil

For most people they are.
>>
>>63914282

I think the point was actually

>What martial arts are impractical for a street fight

And TKD is one of them, alot of the kicks are dangerous and could fuck you up, but those guys will have zero hands or could get dropped from doing a poor kick and end up on the ground where death would ensue. I know guys that did TKD that wouldn't even vouch for it.

Other martial arts like that which are more for sport than fighting are Akido, Wing Chung, Wu Shu, Karate taught at McDojos, Kung Fu taught at McDojos, Capoeira to a degree

This is just off the top of my head, but to some degree although some of them are impractical or not fit for an actual fight but elements of them can be used to make someone an effective fighter. TKD combined with Kick Boxing & Jiujitsu would royally fuck people up and it has.

>>63914324
>Judo
>The predecessor of Jiujitsu
>Snake oil

Lol. Why is that now?
>>
File: bellcurve.gif (2 KB, 385x149) Image search: [Google]
bellcurve.gif
2 KB, 385x149
>>63914361

It's almost like there's this thing that tells us that there are probably more painfully average people than people who really know how to actively apply what they are doing.
>>
>>63914375

Wing Chun is a little too technical for McDojos t b h
>>
Also I don't see how someone who is 210 lb qualifies as a "monster". Most safeties in football are around 210 lbs.

210 lbs is actually very mobile.
>>
>>63914423

Yeah nigga if you train to sprint and have fluid hips.
>>
>>63914437
>Yeah nigga if you train to sprint and have fluid hips.

Someone who is not extremely mobile at 210 lbs is a fat nonathletic shit that could probably be beaten up by a child.
>>
>>63914412

As in, it only legit places would teach Wing Chung?
>>
>>63914002

>210 lb monster

lol, holy shit you euros are little bitches
>>
Boxing, muay thai, wrestling (freestyle). Three styles you can't go wrong with and actually work against anyone.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.