[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you let your son play football?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
Would you let your son play football?
>>
>>63878575
Yes, he can if he wants to.
>>
>>63881212
>1212
son confirmed for goat future HOF qb.
>>
>wanting your son to end up a crippled retard

Good job americans.
>>
No, I doubt I'd feel like getting up that early to take him to practices on the weekend.
>honestly though, yes
>>
I will never procreate. I'm 32 already, so my line ends with me.
>>
Only if he wants to kick
>>
Nope. There's enough sports they can play. They play basketball, they play soccer, they play everything else but football and hockey.
>>
>pretending parents can stop kids from doing something they really want to do

The helicopter parent mentality of "letting" your kid do certain things is part barshit/part lazy. The goal is to raise them so they aren't interested in shooting black tar heroin under an expressway overpass, not tell them "now junior! no heroin under bridges! father's orders!"
>>
>>63881256
Shit same here. 32, only son, no male cousins on my dad's side. My gf and I dont want kids. We enjoy the DINK life.
>>
>>63878575
Football is great and all, but the injury risk is too high for a kid still developing, especially knowing what we know now about concussions.

If he wants to play anything else, sure thing. Hockey, Basketball, Baseball, if this kid wants to run track I'll get him everything he needs.
>>
File: 1314063888384.png (42 KB, 119x167) Image search: [Google]
1314063888384.png
42 KB, 119x167
>>63881288
>My gf and I dont want kids
>>
>>63881288
Enjoy dying alone
>>
>>63881288
Enjoy your Muslim future
>>
>>63881230
More like future one-hit wonders. Real QBs make their own lucky numbers.
>>
>>63881459
>Australia
>Telling anyone in America anything about the NFL

Go fuck a cactus, dipshit.
>>
My wife's son is mixed race and is the starting QB for his Pop Warner team.

Hopefully he makes the NFL so I can quit my job and mooch off him for the rest of my life.

That's the dream.
>>
File: 168116199.jpg (112 KB, 814x1187) Image search: [Google]
168116199.jpg
112 KB, 814x1187
>letting your kids kill themselves playing handegg
>not being a good father like Lebron
Don't be faggots that try to live through your kids.
>>
>>63881287
>your parents would likely have no role in you finding heroin
>your parents would be the ones signing you up for a league
>>
>>63881287
Retarded post. Kids need money, time, rides, equipment etc to play organized tackle football. Rarely, at least where I live, do kids start playing in high school, by then they have already honed in on a sport that they are good at. Football is a parents decision.
>>
If he wanted to yes
>>
File: 1448676029069.gif (2 MB, 286x286) Image search: [Google]
1448676029069.gif
2 MB, 286x286
>Sport inherently causes brain damage
>Much higher risk of injury
>If he's good enough he has to go through the NCAA for at least three years
>If he gets injured his draft stock is decreased
>Doesn't get paid during that time unless it's under the table
>If caught he'd be kicked out
>If he's good enough to go to the NFL he goes into a league with a pathetically weak player's union, only league where contracts aren't 100% guaranteed, and the average pay is the worst of any major league

>Would you let your son play football?
>>
>>63881501

2/10
>>
>>63881272
why, pussy? only gonna let your son play pussy sports?
>>
>>63881501
>2015
>raising a blackman's child
>>
>>63881288
degeneracy at its finest
>>
My child will play youth hockey and lacrosse and be introduced to football in 9th grade (its proven pop warner does absolutely nothing for football success and I can avoid the concussions etc.)

At that point he can stick with whichever sports he likes. All females go up for adoption because I would rather do that than get 25-to-life for taking a shotgun and blowing the brains out of some little nigger who I walked in on fucking my daughter.
>>
He can, but I'd rather he played rugby
>>
>>63881288
>We
>>
Have a 2 year old, big kid for his age, likes playing football with me in backyard. I personally love football.

I am on the fence though. I dunno man. Maybe it depends on the position they want him to be. Something like CB or QB might be acceptable. LB, Oline, Dline, probably not.
>>
>>63881288
Let's make a suicide pact anon
>implying you have a girlfriend
>implying anyone will miss you
>implying you have anything to live for
>>
>>63881212
same. I'll try to get him into it growing up, but if he doesn't want to play then he doesn't have to.

It'd suck if he had a great build for a skill position, but I can understand not wanting to play if he was stuck playing OL (happened to my nephew)
>>
>>63881212
he can leave his friends behind
>>
only if he's black
>>
>>63881256
Shit same here. 32, only son, no male cousins on my dad's side. My ex-wifes son is the only kid around. I enjoy the NEET life.
>>
>>63878575
he'll be a baseball player of course
honestly if the kid wants brain damage I'll have him take up boxing
>>
>>63882492
Cause his friends don't dance
>>
>>63882542
Yep baseball is the sport I want my kid playing. Can make the big bucks, even mediocre shitters are getting paid like 8m at least, a year. If he has a booboo on his knee, they'll put on a bandage and let him have the day off.
>>
>>63882925
How come baseball, a sport based on cricket, is such a pussy sport when cricket is such a physically and mentally damaging sport?
>>
>>63881637
if you make the NFL, you make 875,000 guaranteed at least

unless you're a nigger that goes off on spending, that's easy money
>>
>>63882947
when you play 162 games a year, you look for reasons to stop playing for a bit
>>
>>63882947
>cricket
>physically and mentally damaging

pick one
>>
My wife's son plays football. He likes it, he's with his friends, and he's turning into quite the running back so I'm fine with it.
>>
>>63882947
Cricket is like an even lazier version of baseball, m8

Nothing wrong with that, but
>physically and mentally damaging

Lmao pls
>>
No, my child will make more money without all the head trauma.
>>
>>63878575
My wife's son and I play football every weekend (I mean real football BTW) so there's your answer.
>>
I'm only letting any potential wife give birth to a daughter this question is irrelevant. Anyone who wants to raise a son is a homosexual.
>>
>>63883355
Majority of fast bowlers in cricket end up with long term joint damage from the strain going through the body in the delivery stride, and fractured spine is a fairly common injury of theirs. Retired international batters in cricket have a ridiculously high suicide rate, and incredibly high rates of depression, anxiety etc because of the nature of their work. not my fault if you don't understand the sport family
>>
>>63883753
>have a ridiculously high suicide rate

Because they all realize how fucking gay as fuck cricket is and are probably all closeted gays.
>>
>>63881501
>/pol/ memes
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Sure >inb4 muh concussions muh brain trauma
Give him a Revo Speed or a Speed Flex and he'll be fine, Seau had CTE because he wore a concussion bucket like Brady, Rivers and Brees do
>>
My wife's kid is already at the age where he is running around with a little plush football while I watch. It's fucking adorable.

And who knows? He might have the right black in him that he's really good without being out of control, but I'm trying to raise him right, ha ha.
>>
I'm a kekold
>>
>>63883984
Youre just determined to force your kekold (c u c k o l d) memes senpai? (F a m)
>>
>>63883753
>ridiculously high suicide rate
to be fair all the ones that lose to Australia are poopetually pooturbed and poorious pooicide watch so there is that. especially ones from poo peeland
>>
>>63884172
>and on poorious pooicide watch
fixed
>>
File: rickiefowler.jpg (37 KB, 690x462) Image search: [Google]
rickiefowler.jpg
37 KB, 690x462
My kids are playing golf.

I'll be able to play with them until I'm an old man. And everyone I know that started playing as an infant is scratch or better.
>>
>>63882572
and if they don't dance
>>
>>63884708

they are fagits.
>>
>>63882572
they ain't no friends of mine
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.