[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best sports teams (worldwide) during last __ years; easy ass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1359x1300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1359x1300
Best sports teams (worldwide) during last __ years; easy ass leagues not welcome.

>1: golden state warriors (championship win, btfo everyone so far this regular season)
>2: ?
>5: fc barcelona? (2 CL wins, 2 Domestic cup wins, 3 domestic league wins)
>10: ?
>15: New England Patriots. Btfo parity and communism. Beacon of hope for America.
>20: ?
>25: ?
>30: ?
>40: ?
>50+: no one fucking cares
>>
File: 1441545600937.jpg (226 KB, 1024x694) Image search: [Google]
1441545600937.jpg
226 KB, 1024x694
Is this supposed to be a power ranking or what the fuck am I looking at?

Jesus christ, someone throw in the towel, /sp/ is done.
>>
>>63870578

we need a voteban feature
>>
Manchester United probably belong in 40 or 35
>>
>new users don't even lurk to learn how to do power rankings

What fucking happened?
>>
Okay, after studying this I've figured it out, but why did OP leave shit blank? Are we voting? Do dubs decide the truth?

We are a bunch of barely functioning NEETs, we're going to need more structure than this.
>>
>>63870578
>>63870603
It's pretty clear, autists.
>Best teams during last __ years
>The best team worldwide over the last year is golden state warriors
>>
>>63870683
I feel like those ones listed are locks, except for barca, which has the question mark. What are your opinions on the rest?
>>
Carolina Panthers at 1 year
>>
>>63870691

That is the least clear idea every thunk on /sp/
>>
Ok you dumbasses. Here is what op is saying: over the last 1 year, the most impressive sports team (relative to its competition) worldwide has been golden state.
New England Patriots over the last 15 years
Barcelona over the last 5 years

It's not a fucking powerranking
>>
>>63870468
San antonio spurs make a decent case for 20
>>
>>63870741

Why is it all sports how does that even work?

Some North Korean goverrnment party team that wins every game in a blowout and has never lost is the worldwide best since there are literally no qualifications for what makes a team best and the mention of no easy leagues is immediately destroyed by mentioning a team from La Liga.
>>
>>63870934

He (or she, judging by how poorly this is thought out) didn't say impressive, they said best.

Impressive would actually be better phrasing, at least that is some sort of standard.
>>
>>63870994
The Spurs need to be inside the Top 10, and so do the Patriots. This power ranking is about consistent excellence, right? I don't know what the fuck Golden State is doing there, they only got gud very recently.
>>
>>63870994
Yea looking at their history I think they have it at 20. Won at least one championship and 3 division titles over the four 5 year stretches from 1995 to 2015
>>
>>63871057
You dont understand the OP, which is fine cause it's poorly worded
>>
>>63871057
Because it's not a powerranking. It's by year not by ranking. The team next to xx year is the most impressive/best time during the last xx years
>>
>>63871069
also 18 straight 50+ win seasons (the lockout year they would have definately won 50 if a full season were played)
>>
2.) my son's roller hockey team, the Maroon Dragoons.

It's a tough league, they've made it to 3rd place two years in a row, which is pretty good imo. I love my kid.
>>
>>63871013
But the la Lisa team has also won the CL twice in that span, and Real Madrid (and atletico Madrid to an extent) has also done well in CL over that span, implying it isn't extremely easy to win la lugs, even if the real competition is only against one other team.
>>
Updated

>1 year: golden state warriors (championship win, btfo everyone so far this regular season)
>2 years: ?
>5 years: fc barcelona? (2 CL wins, 2 Domestic cup wins, 3 domestic league wins)
>15: New England Patriots. Btfo parity and communism. Beacon of hope for America.
>20: San Antonio Spurs?
>50+: no one fucking cares
>>
>>63871263

please put my son's team the Maroon Dragoons down at #2, it would really mean a lot to us
>>
>>63871379
I need to know where they're from
>>
>>63871186

They were undeniably helped in their European efforts by not having to worry about league games. Any major European club's reserve team could do well in La Liga, and then the 1st team is only need for the 10 or so big games.

So while other teams have to constantly scrape and field their best, Barcalona could coast and focus on Europe.

Good team, undeniably. But also undeniably lucky to benefit from such a corrupt and pathetic domestic league.
>>
>>63871417

Most the players are from Chowchilla and Le Grande, but they play in Merced, California.

So let's go with Merced Maroon Dragoons. They aren't called that but maybe they should be. I'll bring it up at the next banner committee meeting.
>>
>>63871450
I hear you. I still just don't really see who else could supplant them at the 5 year spot. No NFL team has won two or more superbowls. The Chicago Blackhawks would be close if their 9-10 Stanley cup had happened later.
>>
>>63871450
>They were undeniably helped in their European efforts by not having to worry about league games.
You are retarded. La Liga title races have almost always been close in recent years
>2010 - title decided on the last matchday
>2011 - title effectively decided mid April
>2012 - title effectively decided late April
>2013 - title effectively decided in January
>2014 - title decided on the last matchday
>2015 - title decided mid May
5 of the last 6 title races were close and decided late into the season. I'd argue it was even harder to play in a league like that because one slip up in the league had the potential to be disastrous.
>>
>>63872298

>muh mathmatic technicality

It's a two team league that is literally created by the two teams to generate the two teams money.
>>
>>63872379
>title race going down to the wire almost season is a mathematical technicality
Now compare it to EPL where 2011 United, 2013 United and 2015 Chelsea all had the league wrapped up by February.

Also
>2 team league
Do you mean Atletico or Real as the 2nd? Because Atletico are currently 2nd, won the league more recently than Real and made the CL final a year ago.
>>
Updated

>1 year: golden state warriors (championship win, btfo everyone so far this regular season)
>2 years: Maroon Dragoons (top 3 in a tough league)
>5 years: fc barcelona? (2 CL wins, 2 Domestic cup wins, 3 domestic league wins)
>20: San Antonio Spurs?
>50: ?
>>
>>63871379
Here you go buddy
>>63872660
>>
The last 10 years is also Barcelona for divegrass. 4 CL wins, one sextuple and one treble, shitloads of league and cup titles, Messi 4 BdOR
>>
Hawthorne have won last 3 premierships in the AFL
>>
Tony Hawk for 20

Prove me wrong
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.