[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 10 seconds to form a valid argument as to why the Golden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5
File: curry.jpg (968 KB, 2290x1649) Image search: [Google]
curry.jpg
968 KB, 2290x1649
You have 10 seconds to form a valid argument as to why the Golden State Warriors are ruining basketball.

Fuck it, I'll give you 10 minutes.
>>
They win too much and that makes me upset
>>
>muh 3s
>>
DUDE THEY'RE CHANGING FUNDAMENTAL BASKETBALL LMAO

DUDE ASPIRING NBA PLAYERS WILL WANT TO JUST SHOOT INSTEAD OF LEARNING HOW TO DRIVE TO THE RIM LMAO

DUDE MY MEME TEAM DOESN'T HAVE CURRY SO I DO MY BEST TO UNDERMINE THE WARRIORS LMAO
>>
>muh big strong bulls
>muh dunks
>muh 2s
>>
>>63865839
>ASPIRING NBA PLAYERS WILL WANT TO JUST SHOOT INSTEAD OF LEARNING HOW TO DRIVE TO THE RIM

How do people actually believe this? You actually think a a whole generation of kids can shoot .600 from beyond the arch?

Curry is lightning in a bottle, thats why hes considered the best shooter of all time, ergo making what he does rare as fuck. Kids will still need to learn basketball fundementals if they went to be decent NBA players unless they're the dream child of Curry and Ray Allen.
>>
>mfw the best player in the nba is a baby faced twink
fat neckbeards mad as fuck because they "identify" with big stronk players

>DUDE THE 3PT SHOT IS UNFAIR
loving every laugh
>>
I wonder if fags were complaining about the West Coast offense back when the 49ers started using it as much as they're complaining about the Warriors now
>>
>>63865827
This tbdesu
>>
As a GS fan, they really are.
And I love it, /sp/ is so assblasted.
Now I know what it's like to be a Pats fan.
:^)

GSW/Spuds WCF for the next 5 years.
>>
>>63865805
wait what in gods name is that tattoo?
>>
Curry gets white privilege when he doesn't deserve it.

It's unfair to the rest of the league.
>>
THEY'RE USING A PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE TACTIC WITHIN THE LAWS OF THE GAME BY SHOOTING EXCESSIVE THREE POINT SHOTS AND MY TEAM CAN'T DEFEND AGAINST IT
>>
>>63866053
>As a GS fan, they really are.

being a fan of them doesnt mean you have an argument lmao
>>
>>63866135
>flag
>topic
back to /hoc/ senpai
>>
>>63865925

They probably would've liked it at first because it was meant to outmeme the 46 memefense
>>
Curry shill back at it again I see. Get fucked.
>>
>>63866154
>this flag
>this topic

go back to having little white dicks :)
>>
File: based curry.png (116 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
based curry.png
116 KB, 350x254
they're not ruining anything I just find them boring. hell yeah I would rather see Westbrook or LeBron dunk in some niggas face than see Curry hit another 3. thats just my personal preference though, it doesn't mean Curry is doing anything bad

I got bored of the Warriors a while ago so I [spoiler]just dont watch their games[/spoiler]
>>
>>63866226
ya we get it you don't like seeing someone win more than once fucking selfish punk ass americans.
>>
>>63866274
the warriors could repeat this year and i wouldnt care senpai
>>
Great shooting and an offense that is predicated on illegal screens. Lots of illegal screens.

Great rotation chemistry on defense helps too.
>>
>>63866211
As opposed to your big canadien dick?
>>
>>63865839
I don't watch Basketball, I've seen clips of Curry and how fucking brilliant he is, and this is essentially why I think people get mad at his team.

It's happened with Barca when they got Messi, everyone got mad cos they were so good then everyone accepted it and appreciated what that team did for the sport. But Americans don't have that understanding :)
>>
>>63866433
nice dubs

sorry about the small benis
>>
>>63865805
As a basketball watcher growing up I got tired of the overuse of the dunk. And was a Warriors fan and a Reggie Miller fan because the guy could shot while others couldn't hit FT to save their lives.
So I'm more than happy now with a Warriors PG that can out shoot RM on a good day.
>>
>>63865805
Because we already know they're going to win the championship.
>>
>>63867249
Sort of the way we all know which team is going to win the MLB's WS again since it's a even year.
>TFW it's very cozy being a bay area fan right now. :D
>>
i'm a cavs fan and they're not

they're playing within the nba guidelines and are legitimately a good team

i think that even though the fans and some of the players are complete douchebags, they are a brilliant team and probably the best nba team for ages to come
>>
>>63865925
If they had a place to bitch about it the way people have the internet now, then yes, they most certainly would have.

Shit, can you imagine how 4chan would have looked if it was around for shit like desegregation?
>>
>>63865805
when they have faced the spurs perimeter defence in a 7 game series, we dont know how good they are.

last year they didnt face a good defensive backcourt the entire way (memphis's was injured)
>>
This team is just a product of the NBA creating a family friendly sport over the last 15 years so that anyone can watch. Players shooting behind the arch, minimal contact, players unable to complain to refs, and minimal defense played.
>>
you know why no one hates jamie vardy but everyone hates curry on /sp/ ?

bc CHAT SHIT GET BANGED
>>
>>63865857
Those same people forget that Warriors also lead the league in dunks this year.
>>
>>63868768

>I'm a cavs fan and they're not

Trying too hard there bandwagon warriors fan, cavs fans are too idiot to have good basketball knowledge
>>
they play beautiful basketball that's really fun to watch. they don't just chuck threes. they run great sets that get their guys wide open for threes. if that doesn't fall, they kill you from midrange or the post.

i don't even really know how you can ruin basketball when your team is winning. maybe the 2005 spurs are the closest because they were so fucking boring but even they weren't THAT bad. maybe if you were hacking a player the entire game.
>>
>>63866490
what Barcelona did was cancerous
>>
>>63873484
> beautiful basketball

The complete soccer takeover of Basketball is upon us. Already making players wear soccer jerseys and calling things "beautiful". Might as well take a break from Basketball for the next 15-20 years.
>>
>>63873317
>They want to put niggers
>IN OUR SCHOOLS
>THEY WANT TO PUT NIGGERS IN OUR FUCKING SCHOOLS
>CIVIL WAR PART 2 WHEN?
>>
I love the hate curry gets. This man is incredibly exciting and unique to watch. Hope he keeps dominating so you autists get even more flustered
>>
>>63873366
>when they have faced the spurs perimeter defence in a 7 game series, we dont know how good they are.

the spurs might get lucky once but they will lose. They aren't as good as people say they are. They choke more often than they win

source: spurs fan born in san antonio
>>
>>63873800
i just want to see the shooting percentage, to see if it remains high
>>
>>63873366
>warriors go 67-15, win MVP and and the ship
>spurs lose in first round to the chokers
>warriors start the season 18-0
>spurs lose to the wizards
>we don't know how good they are
Spurs fans smfh
>>
>>63873999
they had awesome match-ups the entire way through for the style they play.

what was the best backcourt they had to face the entire playoffs?

Whoever NO has?
Injured Conley
The defensive master that is Harden?

when they win a 7 game series against a good defensive backcourt ill crown them great, until then they are just an awesome team on an awesome tear
>>
>>63874108
they beat the fucking shit out of everyone they played and won 67 games. They're one of the best teams ever and now this years team is even better.

I'm a spurs fan but golden state is on an unreal run.
>>
>>63874108
>th-they got lucky match ups!
What kind of shitty logic is this? Nobody can stop Curry and he doesn't even need to be the one that torches you. He can go offball and fuck up your whole scheme till even Brandon Rush is open enough to knock a 3 down.
Maybe you'll get to see your wet dream match up this year if the spurs make it past the first round
>>
People don't like one team dominating, even if their team had no shot of anything anyways. It gets boring when you can pretty much predict the outcome.
>>
>>63873999
>Spurs fans smfh

same guy as >>63873800
most of the people who say shit like that are the people who respect the spurs and look at their long term achievements but haven't actually been through all the failures.

The spurs almost always have potential to be the best team in the league year in and year out, the only thing is they only play up to their full potential a percentage of the time. They're inconsistent as fuck and sometimes (or oftentimes) they hit a slump and play at not even half their full capability during the playoffs. That's how they get bounced out in the first round to an 8th seed or lose to the fucking clippers and other shit like that. For fuck's sake, the same spurs team that put on that great performance against miami was largely the same team that got killed by the clippers in the playoffs last season. It perfectly illustrates what I said.

The thing about the Warriors is, they have consistency. They come out every night and even when they're off they're still good. That's what'll make it easy for them to beat the spurs in a 7 game series. The spurs over 7 games can go from looking like a historic team to looking like a lottery team.

Even when I heard the pickups they got I still am not sold on this team because they always manage to drop the ball and fuck it up, ESPECIALLY when they're expected to be the best.
>>
>>63874194
they went 1/3 vs spurs during the regular season also
>>
File: Lone_Druid[1].png (78 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
Lone_Druid[1].png
78 KB, 256x144
Steph Curry is the Admiral Bulldog of basketball.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>63874281

because steph curry is actually good at basketball and doesn't just rely on abusing a fucking shitty set of rules that are subject to change.

Even if you took away the 3 point line steph curry would still be a very good player.

Without rat dota and ld and furion being OP, bulldog and kucklliance are fucking shit.
>>
>>63874242
Yeah well they went 4-0 in the post season compared to the spurs 0-1. Warriors aren't the ones that failed to get your match up. Until the spurs can even make it to play the warriors, they're the ones with something to prove. I don't see how you can try to rationalize anything else
>>
File: chuck dorner chuklin.jpg (38 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
chuck dorner chuklin.jpg
38 KB, 1136x640
>>63873484
warriors fan here

>maybe the 2005 spurs are the closest because they were so fucking boring
the spurs of the last 10 years were the single most boring thing in sports that i've ever seen and i got visibly and audibly enraged whenever the warriors played them

we would have epicly fun teams that would run the floor, break ankles, posterize people, hit awesome contested fadeaways...

and it would all be for nothing because duncan's BORING AS SHIT REPETITIVE FUCKING BANK SHOT RIPS US APART AND WE LOSE EVERY GAME FOR 10 SEASONS AGAINST THEM

>>63873680
so basically this^

in some ways the dubs have become what i hate

although to be absolutely fair and honest, kerr himself has said he's only taken "principles" from the spurs, those are the parts that make the team win, and he's definitely encouraged the team to have lots of fun and still be a BASKETBALL team and not a >yuroball soccer team or whatever

we do lead the league in dunks, and with guys like iggy, barbosa, bogut around we can still be fun in traditional ways

so all things considered i'll take it, we're not ruining basketball, but we sure as hell are winning while having fun doing it

>self aware we

*drops mic*
>>
>>63874301
pretty sure curry is shooting like 70% or some shit from down low, some retarded % like that

i dont even wanna look it up again it was so high
>>
>>63874371
>Until the spurs can even make it to play the warriors, they're the ones with something to prove.

this is what's so silly about people saying "hurr dey didnt eben play da spurrrz"

the spurs got bounced out in the first fucking round by the clippers and they're supposed to be a threat why?
>>
>>63874523
how fucking dense are you. the spurs and bulls are about the only teams that can play perimeter defence that can get to curry. blake griffin abused the spurs, but the thing the spurs do well is defend the perimeter.

thats why its a good matchup.
>>
>>63875058
You're fucking wack dude. Nobody gives a single fuck about muh perimeter defense. What people care about in the NBA is winning titles. The spurs weren't even good enough to make it to the conference semis.
Maybe you can take your geezer team and make a new league where they give rings to the best perimeter defenders you god damned idiot
>>
>>63875121
lmao
>>
>>63865925

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.sport.football.pro/KqlpUiuSIzw/BGavzq7nq8wJ

All those trolling opportunities and no one even has a go. The internet was a different place in the 90s.
>>
File: taylor-swift-and-bruno-mars.jpg (2 MB, 2103x2420) Image search: [Google]
taylor-swift-and-bruno-mars.jpg
2 MB, 2103x2420
Manlet team.
>>
>>63868768
>some of the players are complete douche bags
>Lebron, Jr Smith, TT, Kevin Love

There is no way you're this arrogant
>>
>>63866490
>Americans don't have that understanding

Literally nobody but the "muh Jordan" "muh older league was soooooooooo much grittier" crowd is mad about what Curry and the GSW are doing.
>>
Cavs are the only good team that the Warriors face the rest of 2015. They have a legitimate chance to be undefeated going into 2016.
>>
dubs and Curry gets a career ending injury before Christmas
>>
>>63879500
You're a fucking animal, you know that?
>>
Why do people hate successful teams and athletes?
>>
>>63879500
what a maniac, dubs and it's off
>>
I'm not mad because they are "boring" and "unfair". In fact, I find the team quite entertaining and Curry is undoubtedly one of the GOATs alongside MJ and young Kobr.

The reason why I loathe them is because the team is based in fucking SJW Francisco - the overpriced leftard faggot shithole, just like Seahawks in Seattle. I can't stand when cities full of degenerates have successful teams because they attract unlikeable leftard bandwagoners, again just like Seahawks.
>>
>>63865805
>tattoo in Hebrew
Are jews behind this as well?
>>
>>63883244
They're based in Oakland you dunce
>>
>>63883794
Came here to say this. Danke Germany
>>
>>63865805
beating teams that aren't at full strength
>>
>>63883794
>>63883906
It's basically the same you liberal enabling faggots, and even worse cause it has less white people.
>>
greatest starting 5 *revised

5.sabonis
4.hakeem
3.bird
2.jordan
1.curry [spoiler]magic[/spoiler]
>>
>>63873459
Seriously stop being so saltybitter lad, it's embarrassing.
t. not >>63868768 but also cavsfag

Validate your life by not shitting on others' successes, honestly.
>>
>>63879216
Agreed, those are all upstanding gentlemen.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.