[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Fucking Disgrace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
65 KB, 500x500
Seriously, every time I see or hear about this team I get so fucking angry. This team is a disgrace to sports and everything that sports stand for. Fuck Sam Hinkie and his retarded process and fuck Adam silver for not finding a way to relegate this team to the D-League. Nothing would make me happier than their tank to fail and for them to not get the #1 pick. Fucking piece of shit team.
>>
just look at the team of course the tank will fail
>>
>>63857500
Being from Philly I can say this fuck off. Honestly we know we suck. We know nothing is gonna happen this year. Nothing is gonna happen for a while. Just fuck off we get it we suck.
>>
>>63857500
Silver already screws them in the lottery. What else do you want him to do
>>
File: cirno laugh.gif (100 KB, 374x400) Image search: [Google]
cirno laugh.gif
100 KB, 374x400
>>not trusting in The Process
>>
File: 1442973748496.jpg (6 KB, 111x124) Image search: [Google]
1442973748496.jpg
6 KB, 111x124
some teams would kill to have a "process." it sure beats overachieving with shitty teams until the shitty draft picks catch up to you like pic related
>>
Seattle 76ers when?
>>
I want Hinkie to stay. Watching him try to finally put together a contender and failing miserably will be even more hilarious than this shitshow.
>>
>>63857500
inb4 winout season
>>
File: 1435476655453.jpg (74 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1435476655453.jpg
74 KB, 600x450
Thinking the process is even a real thing holy shit. Brett Brown wants to play with pace and pass, run the floor pass till you get the open man and take the shot. Just like the Spurs where he was an assistant coach for 10 years.

So how does the great Hinkie help him out? He drafts a PG who cant shoot or score then gives up on him a year after he wins ROY, then he drafts and im not even joking about this 3..... 3 fucking centers.

I could run the team if what he is doing is acceptable, go after no one in free agency and draft anyone you want no matter how bad they are a fit for your team. I would know I've watched almost every sixers game since Hinkie took over and the team has gotten worse and worse every year.

I can't believe people still buy into trusting the process its total shit.
>>
it's weird how philly sports teams are so shit but still talked about so much
>>
File: 84648465.jpg (226 KB, 567x622) Image search: [Google]
84648465.jpg
226 KB, 567x622
>mfw the sixers, phillies, flyers and eagles suck
>>
Have people turned on Sam Hinkie yet. He's the worst gm I've ever seen who thinks he's some genius
>>
>>63861446
what makes me laugh is the "process" concedes that you will be absolute shit for 3 years and counting, so logically the sixers will have to have 4 years of success for the process to be a success

by the time that rolls around these guys will be off rookie contracts and looking to get the hell out of philly

hinkie is the worst gm of all time
>>
>>63860066
>muh second round picks

The chance of any of those ever panning out is so low
>>
>>63862302
kek its not even banter like LOL ALL PHILLY TEAM SUCK!
>phillies worst record in MLB
>76ers setting loss records across the board
>Iggles keep getting BTFO on national TV
>Flyers under .500

and it doesnt seem to get better anytime soon
>>
and in the meantime the celtics are rebuilding while still making the playoffs and have a ton of 1st round picks.

ainge showing hinkie how a real gm does things
>>
>>63862380
Okafor already wants to get the fuck outta Philly.
>>
What gets me is how some of these 70dickser fans are smug and delusionally confident they're gonna be major contenders in just a couple years. This is literally the worst team in American sports history bros
>>
>convince people that being bad is good
>be awful
>have people call you good
Hinkie is a genius
>>
>>63862380
Exactly why the fuck would Nerlens re-sign with the team after they just fucked him by making him play PF instead of his natural Center position. He will be traded the year before his rookie contract runs out kinda like MCW was.
>>
>Minnesota
>trade away good players
>1 awful season
>.500 fringe playoff contender loaded with young talent the next season

>Philadelphia
>trade away good players
>3 awful seasons
>literally the worst team in NBA history in the 3rd season
>young talent on the roster makes literally 0 sense and is all crammed in the C/PF positions
Why are 76ers so bad at rebulding?
>>
hinkie keeping his job basically rests on whether they get simmons right?

if they don't then this has all been for nothing, embiid will never play, nerlens is not all that good and okafor will probably shoot someone or get shot
>>
tanking hasn't worked the past 2 seasons so i dont see why it would now
>>
>>63862783
Do you know what restricted free agency is?
>>
>>63862638
that wasnt even ainge

it was just the nets being retarded
>>
>Tanking on purpose
Name one team this has ever benefited in the history of sports.

And by benefited I mean "Won a championship"
>>
>>63863498
Not really, is it the thing where the team who the player is leaving will be able to pay more then any other team?
>>
>27 replies
wow that's as much as their losing streak
>i just ruined it
>>
When Hinkie took over, the Sixers best players were Jrue Holiday, Thad Young, Evan Turner, and Spencer Hawes. The Heat and Magic each were owed a first round pick from the Sixers.

Now the Sixers best players are full of young players on team control for as many as 7 years and they can get as many as 4 first round picks this season. This is in addition to two pick swaps with the dysfunctional Kings, and the Kings unprotected pick in 2019.

>>63863569
The Spurs tanked for Duncan.

>>63863611
No. Restricted free agency is what players coming off of their rookie contracts are entered into. The team has the right to match any contract the player signs. So if Nerlens signs a deal with whoever the Sixers can just match it, and Noel will remain with the Sixers. That's what happened with Kanter this summer. Portland signed him to an offer sheet and the Thunder matched.
>>
>>63863635
Nah this thread will still be up in a few weeks
>>
>>63862912

>Minnesota
>Land No. 1 Pick twice in a row through pure luck
>Draft Wiggins and Towns
That's how Minny got good you stupid fuck. Go back to watching darts

>Brit fag
>Believes Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young, Spencer Hawes were good
No, they fucking sucked. Evan Turner is a fringe starter

>Sixers
>Shit luck trading for Bynum for a future no. 1 that HINKIE ended up getting back
>Trade Jrue Holiday for Nerlens
>Draft Payton and flip him to Orl for Saric and our first rd pick back
>Obtain Thunder and Miami first rd pick
>Flip Michael "Meme" Carter-Williams for LA first rd pick that is only protected 1-3.
>Let Sacramento dump salary on us for a future first, rights to swap picks, and Stauskas

Let's recap what the Sixers have stock-piled now.
>4 possible first round picks THIS YEAR, two potentially in top 5
>Rights to swap with Sac if they end up with a higher pick
>Drafted Ok4, Nerlens, Embiid (Possibility he comes back fully recovered and if he does he's a franchise center piece)
>Saric coming over this summer

Stop posting Ahmed.
>>
>>63863784
So the spurs are the outlier and I'm right, and this doesn't work.
>>
>>63863784
>The Spurs tanked for Duncan.
They got unlucky with injuries, decided to throw the season and were immediately back to contention the next year. That's different from trading away literally anything of value on the roster and being the worst team in the league for 3 years straight.
>>
>>63863880
>worst team in the league for 3 years straight.

Except the Sixers have never had the worst record in the league under Hinkie.
>>
File: 1403048486613.jpg (19 KB, 269x269) Image search: [Google]
1403048486613.jpg
19 KB, 269x269
>>63860066
mfw the 76ers get every 2nd round pick in the 2017 draft
>>
need one more to tie the record
>>
>tanking doesn't work
>every team in the Conference Finals last season had a number 1 overall pick
>>
>>63863569

It works if you have an already decent team with a superstar who's injured for the season
>>
>>63863839
minnesota didnt draft wiggins chief
>>
>>63863839
>Minnesota
>drafting Wiggins
Did you start watching the NBA this month? They made a smart trade for one of their #1 picks and had the best odds of landing the 2nd one. Besides, the best odds of getting a #1 pick are just 25%, so when you tank you always rely on lottery luck.

>Let's recap what the Sixers have stock-piled now.
So far, they've stock-piled the worst roster in the league. Until this pick hoarding results in a finals appearance (or at least title serious contention) I refuse to acknowledge >muh process as a success.

>>63863909
>le technically correct man
So they've been the 2nd worst, 3rd worst and are now the worst. Still a huge difference from being the worst for 1 season because of injuries and being back in contention the next one
>>
>>63863784
If a team chooses to match the offer, is the player absolutely forced to resign with them? What has happened when a player decides he still wants out
>>
>>63863839
1. how is it shit luck to trade for bynum? everyone knew he was garbage at that point. literally gave up in LA

2. nerlens is not that good

3. good trade ill concede

4. both will be at the end of first round...

5. a. MCW is a solid player ESPECIALLY compared to the sixers players
b. LAs pick WILL BE in the top 3

6. Instead of taking on shit players for other teams to dump salary, why not pick up solid verterans for the young players to learn from

And once again... why the fuck do they have 3 young centers? absolutely no way to justify it.
>>
>>63864168
>why the fuck do they have 3 young centers? absolutely no way to justify it.
What a silly question. Obviously they're going to trade them for future picks so they can continue the process for a few more years.
>>
>>63864143
If the player wants out he does what Greg Monroe did to Detroit. Sign a 1 year deal then leave the following season in unrestricted free agency.
>>
>>63857500
Karma for hitchbot you fucks.
>>
>>63864232
lol ikr. just continuously rebuild. because once the process has taken too long (ie 4 years) it just starts to snowball and the players wont resign. the losing culture becomes too much.
>>
>>63864168
>MCW is a solid player ESPECIALLY compared to the sixers players

>Derek Bodner @DerekBodnerNBA 18h18 hours ago
>Over his last 5 games, MCW is averaging 7 points, 4.4 assists, 3.6 turnovers, is shooting 38.9% from field, hasn't made a 3, and is a -47.

This is from a Bucks fan who watches MCW play every night.

>I'm completely done with MCW

>I can’t watch another Bucks game with him starting. You can argue that we shouldn’t give up on him yet and we should try bringing him off the bench before getting rid of him, but I’ve seen more than enough. Any way we can get rid of him, by trade, waive, etc., I’d be fine with.
I’d much rather finish the year with bayless or greivis as our starting PG than have to go through the torture of watching MCW brick jumpers game after game the rest of the way. It actually hurts my eyes to watch him shoot threes. Every game MCW plays stunts the growth of Giannis, Jabari, and Khris. Starting JB or greivis would not only help in the development of Giannis/Jabari, but would increase our chances of winning exponentially. The MCW experiment needs to end.

Just because he won rookie of the year in a weak class doesn't make him a good player.
>>
>mfw philly has a monopoly on rookie centers
hinkie pls go
>>
Apparently the 76ers owners want to invest in my football club Crystal Palace, should i be worried?
>>
>>63864413
I'd be excited. He runs his team in the most logical and intelligent way.
>>
>>63864413
He thinks tanking works in a league without regulation.

He'll try the same in the E Pee Lel. Enjoy relegation.
>>
The Warriors stole their mojo.
>>
>>63864168

1. Bynum was coming off a year where he averaged 20pts and 12 reb if my memory is correct.

2. Nerlens is a future DPOY candidate. He is playing out of position right now. He may or may not be traded.

4. Absolutely right. But when you pair those two picks together and Nerlens/Saric you have the possibility of moving back within the lottery.

5. >>63864369 answered that.

6. Please, that is the biggest meme in sports.
>Muh older playerss
>Muh experience
>Muh young players need to learn from them

As for having 3 centers, Nerlens was BPA. Embiid was BPA. Ok4 was BPA. They are attempting to get a superstar. That's how you win in the NBA, so you draft BPA no matter what.

>>63864129
My mistake on the Minnesota trade. They did luck out on the Towns trade however. And were lucky enough to already have one legitimate trade piece in Kevin Love. Love was drafted 5th btw.

Please tell me what you would have done differently with a roster of Evan Turner, Thad Young, Spencer Hawes, and Bynum's broken knees. Yes they are relying on luck, but in the NBA there is literally no other option. You need superstars to attract other superstars. You get superstars through having high draft picks.
>>
>>63864674

Towns pick I meant
>>
>>63863909
3 times in NBA history has a team last 25+ games. The Sixers have done it in back to back years, and just set the record for consecutive losses in American professional sports. The Sixers haven't just been bad, they've been historically bad.
>>
>>63864007

>Bogut
>not the team he was drafted by
>At best 5th most important player on the team
>Never lived up to the no. 1 pick (not a bust but not no. 1 quality)

>Dwight
>not the team he was drafted by
>Not the Rockets best player

>Brand
>30 million years old
>played 10 minutes a game if that
>Borderline bust
>played for 5 different team since being drafted

>Lebron
>the only legit proof tanking helps
>once in a generation talent
>Actually left the team he was drafted to, but later returned
>>
>tfw OWG never mentions the Sixers in one of his masterpieces
>>
The sad thing is Philly has the way to succeed in the NBA 100% correct.

You need to luck into getting that superstar in the draft
>>
>>63868491
It's way of getting a superstar is 100% correct but you still need quality role players.
People say that having a team of role players will get you stuck in 9-6th seed hell but the same can happen with a team with a superstar and shit (2005-07 Lakers)
>>
>>63857500
as a suffering knicks fan i am very happy, it's okay little bro you'll be better soon
>>
>>63868600
But they had that superstar that let them attract the talent that let them be good again from 2008-2011
>>
>>63868814
>Gasol
trade (and a fucking terrible one for Memphis at the time)
>Fisher
I'll concede that
>Odom
From the Shaq trade
>Bynum
Draft (which doesn't help my case tho)
>Ariza
Trade
>Artest
Free agent

Philly would need to have a LeBron/Kobe level talent for people to think about signing with them. The Process is their best option of getting that talent but the odds are still really small.
>>
>>63863839
>wolves drafted Wiggins
Hitting the vodka hard tonight, aren't ya edp? Instead of posting retarded shit online you should work on moving out of your parents house you fat inbred cu.ck
>>
>>63866830
Most people forget they exist.

Also they have NO FANS
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.