[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Answer me this /sp/ Why isnt Usain Bolt an NFL WR????? >6'6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: usain DALLAS COWBOYS.jpg (270 KB, 806x605) Image search: [Google]
usain DALLAS COWBOYS.jpg
270 KB, 806x605
Answer me this /sp/

Why isnt Usain Bolt an NFL WR?????

>6'6 score every play
>>
the same reason every other Olympic splinter has failed as a NFL wr
>>
>>63841857
Sprinter*
>>
>>63841857
wait has this been done before or even tried out before?
>>
>>63841764
they already did a segment about this on espn. they had usain bolt put on pads and do some football drills and the muthafucka was too weak to move around effectively with all that weight on.
>>
>>63841909
so you are saying nfl players are faster than usain bolt?
>>
>>63841899
James Jett is a good example of someone who had ALL the speed but couldn't convert it.
>>
>>63841909
this is obviously a joke
https://youtu.be/e1Hfz8tr2us
>>
>>63841899

iirc Justin gatlin ran a 4.42 on his pro day and that was with roids
>>
>>63841997
james jett was a legit deep guy
https://youtu.be/aLYR-wgeBTw
>9seasons in the nfl
>almost 5k wr yards
>over 30 tds
>>
>>63841764
Also has to be able to catch
And catch in traffic and in coverage and be able to use that body
If youre just going for le deep speed meme it means nothing corners will just play him 10 yards away and or have a safety up there to cover
And if he can't run routes or cut well there isn't much of a reason to play him close
>>
sure he's fast, but can he take a hit running a post or drag through the middle or catch the ball in traffic?
>>
>>63842141
you have made a good point sir, I am OP and I understand now, and love my Fantasy WR even more now. thank you
>>
Why are the fastest guys on a team usually WR and not RB?
>>
>>63842247
speed vs quickness
>>
>>63841899
Bob Sanders was 'okay'
The rest have been mediocre. Marquise Goodwin is a current example of an olympic sprint in the NFL. Pretty mediocre.

Also Bolt is already fucking stacked, why would he want to destroy his body when he doesn't need money?
>>
>>63842247
WRs don't need to bulk up as much as RBs since theyre pretty isolated from the ball and much of the contact
>>
>>63842247
Footwork, they encounter more traffic and have to squeeze through pockets
>>
>>63842317
Bob Hayes, not Sanders
>>
>>63842337
As a RB I mean
>>
>>63842247
There are RBs that are fast, see Darren Sproles, they call them scat backs because they use ellusiveness instead of power to get yards like most RBs, to be a god RB you have to have more than speed you have to have the power to run through tackles and take hits, it requires more muscle
You dont see sprinters do shit like this
https://vine.co/v/izbaggrKYIv
>>
File: image.png (68 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68 KB, 250x250
tfw fastest man ever is much faster than all of his competitors, all of whom have been caught roiding.
>>
Do these Olympic sprinter guys even make all that much money when compared to NFL?
>>
>>63842431
Emphasis on "caught"
>>
>>63841899
Willie Fault played for 11 years and won a SB with da bears, wasn't anything special though
>>
>>63842007
Damage control
>>
>>63842493
No not even close. Usain bolt probably makes a decent amount since he's the pride of Jamaica and has a lot of sponsors.
>>
>>63842493

Usain Bolt probably makes more than any NFL WR
>>
>>63842431

> elite athletes
>clean

LOL
>>
>>63842355

Lol Sproles isn't fast. He ran a 4.47 10 years ago which means he probably runs a 4.7 now.
>>
>>63841857
Only Bob Hayes really made it and he was a gridiron player who also ran track, not the other way around. He was inhumanly fast and was virtually impossible to cover man to man on deep routes.
>>
>>63844198
Bob hayes won a gold medal and is in the nfl hall of fame, that proves that sprinters make the best receivers
>>
>>63841950
Their bodies are suited for wearing extra weight while running, taking hits and changing direction.
Usain Bolt crafted his body to run fast with no shoulder pads on and at a low body weight so he could move faster.
There are football players who could be A LOT faster than what they are, but there's a tradeoff between speed and weight, and you need weight to not get your shit blown the fuck out during contact.
>>
Why would he want to play a sport that only a tiny minority of the world cares about?
>>
I don't know why everyone always says to put Bolt at WR anyway. He'd either get pressed on the line or people would just play him deep.
He'd be way better as an edge rusher. Offensive Linemen are slow enough for him to run past, not to mention he has height that'd translate well, so he could hit swim moves and the like as needed. Literally train the guy up for a year running hoops and put him in the weight room getting his arms bigger.
>>
>>63841899
Renaldo Nehemiah played for the 49ers for several years and got a super bowl ring.
>>
>>63846123
You obviously missed the point.

Hayes was a football player first and foremost.he was virtually untrained in track. There have been quite a number of track stars throughout the years that tried to make it as NFL receivers and fell short.
>>
>>63841764

>mug big strong athletes

DUDE IMAGINE IF LEBRON PLAYED SOCCER LMAO

When will Americans learn that sports require skill?
>>
>>63846676
You should check out the list of pros which were recruited by teams from another pro sport

Nigga you can learn to play basketball. You can't teach 7ft.
>>
>>63846676
lebron would be an awesome soccer player
>>
>>63846676
fuck off Brian O'Malley, all sports require skill. Enough with the >my sport is better than >yours
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.