[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2 teams from the same fucking city belong to different conferences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 560x375
>could hypothetically meet in Super Bowl

How the fuck does that work? If you aren't gonna put them in the same division at least put them in the same conference.
>>
>>63826211
Also

>New York gets 2 teams
>L.A gets 0

?????
>>
Why? They are both in the east. Same deal with yankees/mets and cubs/sox.
>>
>>63826239
Which is dumb and ruins potential GOAT rivalries

Why make it so there's more travel time?
>>
>>63826211
But it avoids the far more likely possibility of them meeting in the playoffs.
>>
>>63826255
When one team sucks everyone hops on the others bandwagon. If you're rivals that won't happen.
>>
>>63826467
Which is good you idiot
>>
>>63826211
Which has happened litterally 0 times in 49 Owls and is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Plus: In the last 3 Champions League finals, there was one purely German and one purely Spanish final. Nobody complained.
>>
>>63826211
Because of TV

CBS has the AFC and Fox the NFC
That's the reason 2 teams will move to LA, they both want a LA team in their hands
>>
>>63826467
This is what I always assumed happens in New York.
>>
>>63826211

this. fucking this. a thousand times this

the 2000 world series was complete bullshit

>NY vs NY

fuck you
>>
>>63826540

i complained
>>
>>63826540
Still had the potential to happen regardless
>>63826438
I dont care if they meet up in WC/first round, I don't want th having the chance to meet up in the final of the tucking sport

Just make them divisional rivals and watch ratings for their games soar
>>
>>63826524
Unless you run one of the teams which means your team has no fans and ends up being eternal basement dwellers.

A smart junior high grad like yourself can probably understand this.
>>
>>63826624
Works fine for Clippers/Lakers and Rangers/Islanders right now

Eventually both franchises go through inevitable ups and downs and end up with roughly the same amount of core fans.

Surely a NEET like you can understand this, no?
>>
>>63826651
Except everything you said is wrong. Lakers and Rangers are 2 of the most valuable teams and brands in sports. Clippers and Islanders are mid tier at best.
>>
>>63826211
Different divisions, different conferences = more fans & more $$$. That's the NFL's only goal.
>>
>Jets/Giants
>Ravens/Redskins
>Steelers/Eagles
>Rams/Chiefs
>Texans/Cowboys
>Raiders/Niners
>Bucs/Dolphins
>Bucs/Jags
>Panthers/Titans?

All these teams close to each that only play once every 4 years.
>>
File: Robin Ventura.jpg (81 KB, 381x512) Image search: [Google]
Robin Ventura.jpg
81 KB, 381x512
>>63826467
This.

When the Cubs made it to the NLCS this year, all the Sox fans still mocked and hated the Cubs. When they got swept, it was almost like we were the ones who won.
>>
The NFL purposefully does this. I guess their eggheads have calculated that they male more money this way. Kinda makes sense, given that the average New Yorker just roots for whichever of the two teams is doing better

If both the Chargers and Raiders move to LA, one will have to change conference's
>>
>>63830480
^Correct. The L.A. Rams were in the NFC.
>>
>>63826565
Rags/Isles fans hate eachother. Yankee fans are usually willing to root for the Mets, but Mets fans will never root for the Yankees. Football and basketball are kind of like that though.
>>
>>63826211
They share a stadium that shit wouldn't work in the same conference let alone the same division you retarded syrup slurper
>>
>>63830770
Why not? It's reasonable to expect two teams to cannabalize their fanbases.
>MUH LOCAL RIVALRIES

/sarcasm tag for the short-bus riders
>>
>>63826211
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7N5tM-LaBo
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.