[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: post athletes who were the GOAT the moment they stepped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 236x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 236x349
itt: post athletes who were the GOAT the moment they stepped on a court/field etc. requiring zero learning curve or cavalry to arrive in order to save them from shame
>not so fast his hairless airness, your bulls were a joke until pip, ho grant & d stern showed up to make you the 'goat'
toplel
>>
>>63800473
He did shred mufuckas
>>
>>63800473
>>63800474
White bois when will you ever learn
>>
Tim brown
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 400x318
>>63800480
"To (Michael) Cooper, Larry Bird was still merely larry bird (lowercase intended) -- an overrated Great White Hype who captured a nation's imagination more for his pigmentation than his playing ability. Cooper had seen it all before. Doug Collins. Mike Dunleavy. Tom McMillen. Mike O'Koren. White guys came, white guys went. Larry Bird?...
"Covering Larry -- that meant everything to me," he said. "People said he was overrated ... f---, no. If anything, he was underrated. What made him so good was you didn't just have to worry about his scoring. You had to worry about this guy's defense, his passing, his ability to save balls from going out of bounds, his ability to set picks and get people open. Larry could beat you in many ways. And he was the hardest player for me to play against, because you had to guard against all those things. Most players are one- or two-dimensional. Larry was ten-dimensional."
>>
Jim Thorpe
>>
>>
>>63800639
can't argue with this tbqh
>>
>>63800639
what the fuck happened to him anyway? Guy had a great jumper and a decent drive.
>Harden
Oh
>>
>>63800707

>great drive and a decent jumper

ftfy
>>
>>63800473
dude just look at his skinny ass arms and out of shape looking midsection

old school sports sucked ass lol
>>
>>63800552
You know, it's a damn shame Cooper isn't in the Hall but Webber has place.
>>
>>63800707
NY could have had him as a poster boy and ran the same BS offense GSW runs, why is NY so stupid
>>
>>63800473
Lebron was immediately in the top 3, possibly #1 despite his shitty team the moment he entered the NBA after high school.
>>
File: charlie_hustle.jpg (76 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
charlie_hustle.jpg
76 KB, 1200x675
>>
File: timduncanafro.jpg (175 KB, 1070x1600) Image search: [Google]
timduncanafro.jpg
175 KB, 1070x1600
>>
>>63800552
“Larry walks in and says 'I hope all you guys in here are thinking about second place, because I’m winning this'…’EXCUSE ME?!’

“And he started shooting and he just didn’t miss.”

Of course, he won, lifting his finger in the air before the final shot went in, and not even removing his warm up jacket.

The following year, in the same All-Star 3-point shooting contest Dale Ellis told the press that Bird didn’t have much to say this year. Bird said, “There’s no need to talk this time. We all know who’s going to win.”

Later on, after Craig Hodges won the NBA All-Star Game Three-Point contest in Bird’s absence, Hodges was asked if the victory was tainted because Bird hadn’t participated. “He knows where he can find me,” was Hodges retort. Told of Hodges’ challenge, Bird replied, “Yeah, at the end of the Bulls bench.”
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.