[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super rugby 2016 thread early predictions? thoughts on inclusion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: SuperRugby1.3.jpg (29 KB, 700x339) Image search: [Google]
SuperRugby1.3.jpg
29 KB, 700x339
Super rugby 2016 thread

early predictions?

thoughts on inclusion of the new teams?
>>
The Argentinian team will make the semifinals

The Japanese team will come last in their conference
>>
In form teams will be
Brumbies
Rebels
Highlanders
Cheifs
ARG

Every other team is losing important parts of their squad. The biggest drop will be the Hurricanes due to the GOAT centre combo leaving. Tahs might still have form despite losing some key players, but they probably will get man handled in the forwards. Rebels players finally got some experience and I think will stop this "losing every game but valiantly" meme. Brumbies will have the most dominate pack but with Toomua gone they'll have even more problems in the backline unless someone steps up in his place however at the same time the backline will improve now that White has left and the ARG 9 will be able to deliver fast ball making their attack something worth a fuck, in desperate need of a kicker. ARG have most of their RWC squad in the team, they're going to dominate their pool unless they fall victim to jet lag. Chiefs are going to be a problem for anyone with a fully fit squad. Crusaders will improve now that their old lads who only show up for international matches are gone clearing the way for young lads, or they'll fall apart completely. >Blues. >Reds. >Western Force. Japan will disappoint. Kings if they get a team will be shit. SA teams may never recover.
>>
I don't keep track of what's happening during the offseason but I'm going into this season expecting disappointment from the Force and middle-of-the-roadness from the Bulls.
>>
File: wins.png (12 KB, 320x321) Image search: [Google]
wins.png
12 KB, 320x321
Argentina tbqh family
>>
No South African team ever

I fully expect the finals to be an all New Zealand affair again, Chiefs and someone else more than likely
>>
>tfw Wasps absolutely rape Toulon
Beet feel
>>
>>63754196
SHMR only, pls leave
>>
>>63754021
Highlanders maybe.

Blues to be average. Crusaders to miss out narrowly. Hurricanes to be decent again but not enough to close it out, again.
>>
>>63754386
We can be friends :3
>>
>>63753224
Top 8 will be (NOT IN ORDER)

Crusaders
Chiefs
Highlanders
Brumbies
Rebels
Argentina
Shorks (they get 4 games against Lions/Kings)
Stormers

I think Waratahs and Hurricanes will fall back to mid-table. Things could actually get really bad, really fast for the Tahs. No Cheika, no kepu, no potgieter, no AAC. TPN one concussion away from death. Teams fucked.

The Rebels will do well, as long as they keep Stirzaker and Debreczeni healthy (future Wallabies both). I love their 5 man backrows (Jones, and Timani pretending to be locks).

I think if the Reds kick out their coach in the first 6 weeks, they can sneak into 3rd australian team, but not enough for finals.

I think South Africa will fall into irrelevance because they have 3 super rugby teams effectively in Europe/Japan (local comp i mean). Doesn't matter which team of Stormers/Sharks/Bulls does well, they won't go anywhere in finals.

Lions can get fucked and die, they're a cancer on South African rugby. They'll never get into the finals, and they obviously pay Stuart Berry to fix their matches.
>>
Why Eddie why

This was supposed to be >our year
>>
>>63753224
>Super rugby
lol who cares lmao more importantly henshaw could be moving to leinster
>>
>>63756269
>moving to a worse team than connacht
>>
>>63753224
Sharks to be thouroghly disappointing and not get out the confrence
>>
>>63755168
Fuck off, the Stormers are almost as much of a cancer to >our conference than the Lions

>>63756572
I agree 100%, what's going on down there is hilarious, truly is like a chicken without its head scenario
>>
>>63756269
>Henshaw

Literally who?
>>
>>63756749
*as much as a cancer to >our conference as the Lions

My apologies, I've been drunk for the past 3 hours
>>
>>63756765
apology not accepted you degenerate fuck, stop pissing your life away on booze
>>
>>63756792
what else am I supposed to do?
I've already fallen far enough to be a frequent poster on 4chan, I think whatever hope there was for me to do something constructive with my life can be thoroughly extinguished
>>
Do the Sun Wolves even have a full roster yet?
>>
>>63756269
shit comp. shit teams. shit fans. shit attendance. shit players. good money.

euro "rugby" everyone.
>>
File: 2.jpg (1 MB, 2145x3044) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1 MB, 2145x3044
fuck rugby mkay
>>
>>63769838
>bumping a thread for a dead sport

kys
>>
>Blackadder gone

Was he any good for the Crushedsaders lads?
>>
File: 1434109106313.jpg (78 KB, 1024x997) Image search: [Google]
1434109106313.jpg
78 KB, 1024x997
Kia Ora! My name is Davis Lomu.

I’m a 27 year old American Rugger (Rugby fan for you uneducated). I watch and discuss all things Rugby on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my knowledge and playing superior British Commonwealth games.

I train with my Gilbert every day, this superior ball can cut clean through the air because of the renowned torpedo punt kick and spiral cut-out pass techniques, and is vastly superior to any other ball on earth. I bought my first pair of Rugby "boots" two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Kiwi fluently, both the North and the South Island dialects as well as Maori, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Christchurch history and their earthquake building codes, which I follow 100%.

When I get my New Zealand visa, I am moving to Christchurch to attend the prestigious Christchurch Boys' High School to learn more about their magnificent culture and their illustrious rivalry with Christ's College. I hope I can earn a spot on the school's First XV!

I own several pairs of jandals, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to New Zealand, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my cuzzies and speak Maori as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in New Zealand!
>>
>>63770471
mediocre would be apt. Not bad, not great. Got his team to the semifinals ever year except last year I think, which he missed out on from shitty conferencing system, but was 6th highest on points. Didn't win a superrug. However, never won of course, and had quite a AB heavy squads (It was all in the forwards however, besides Dan Carter being the star back. Most of their backs are okay, but never great)
>>
>>63769838
Would have helped if one of you fags had /rug/ in the title so it showed up on filters.

>Pooby
>Good sport.
Literally poo.
>>
>take shit
>continue living

sure is good to be /nrl/
>>
File: 1445621795061.jpg (35 KB, 386x386) Image search: [Google]
1445621795061.jpg
35 KB, 386x386
>what kinda group pic you want fâm?
>>
File: 7d1.jpg (49 KB, 600x649) Image search: [Google]
7d1.jpg
49 KB, 600x649
>>63756749
>truly is like a chicken without its head scenario
>>
>teams that arent from south africa, australia, or New Zealand
>>
>>63771530
>Pooth Peefrica
>Poopeelia
>Poo Peeland
>>
File: 66b.jpg (50 KB, 893x528) Image search: [Google]
66b.jpg
50 KB, 893x528
>>63771224
It hurts to watch man, I'm from Durban myself, hell I even was at Sharks Academy when I was younger.
Everything I love is breaking around me ;_;
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
File: paul tito.jpg (18 KB, 315x360) Image search: [Google]
paul tito.jpg
18 KB, 315x360
>kiwi genetics
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.