[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/180/: SINGHA BEER GRAND SLAM OF DARTS DAY 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 23
File: mvgkimmy.jpg (48 KB, 1023x575) Image search: [Google]
mvgkimmy.jpg
48 KB, 1023x575
It’s the penultimate day of darting action at the Grand Slam, and this evening’s session sees the completion of the quarter finals. Last night, Barney found just enough strength to see off a spirited fightback from Mark Webster to seal a 16-12 victory. In the night’s other tie our worst fears were confirmed, as Taylel looked nothing like the player who laboured to victory over Terry Jenkins in the last 16, averaging over 104 & hitting a staggering 76% of his doubles in a 16-7 demolition of a sub-par Robert Thornton. Both matches tonight have the potential for plenty of entertainment, kicking off with Michael Smith taking on Adrian Lewis. Smith looked in fine form in his victory over Dave Chisnall, and with the game likely to be played at a pace to suit Aidy, picking a winner is like trying to get between these two when they’re fighting over the last Greggs sausage & bean melt: Impossible. In the final quarter final tie, MVG faces Kim Huybrechts in a repeat of their 2014 last 16 tie won by the Belgian. Kim’s 9-dart finish in that match was arguably the zenith of his career so far, and his decline in form since combined with MVG’s incredible performances this week make the Autism Express a strong favourite to progress to the semi finals. Coverage from Wolverhampton begins at 19:00GMT on Sky Sports 3.

>Tonight’s matches (best of 31 legs)
Snackpot 2.0 v Snackpot
MVGOAuTism v Kim ‘Husband of Dana’ Huybrechts

>Day seven roundup
http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/dh7njcg4pxde1wl79kr10x0el/title/singha-be
>>
Your friendly reminder that if Kim wins, we all lose.

Hoping for Aidey v MVG but Blubber Boy would be easier for the Autism Express.
>>
>>63543699
Don't worry, the Autism train comes in at full speed. Kimmy won't know what hit him. Also cheering for Aidey vs. Blubber. In the unlikely case the green machine suffers a defect, Snackpot is the better option against the caravan demon.
>>
Any acestream/vlc m8s?
>>
File: painter errors.jpg (29 KB, 346x377) Image search: [Google]
painter errors.jpg
29 KB, 346x377
>>63543891
>Snackpot putting up a fight against Phil when the reward is a chance to deny the anti-Stokie a title
>>
Knowing what happened here last year, MVG will try his absolute hardest to win this 16-0 hitting only 9-darters. I could see that happen as well.
>>
>>63544019
So much this. He wants to sacrifice Kimmy's blood to his autism god tonight.

>>63543967
I know what you mean, but even my imagination is not enough to picture Blubber defeating Phil, let alone believing this could happen in the real world. The most he could hurt Phil is making a fat stain in his pocket.
>>
Kim has got it into his head that he's better than he actually is. That ridiculous celebration after barely sneaking past Wolfie is proof of that. He'll probably stay with MVG in the first few legs, but as soon as Gherkin senses Kim getting a bit cocky he'll activate MVGunnarvision & win at a canter
>>
File: mvg_gunnar_vision.jpg (46 KB, 850x471) Image search: [Google]
mvg_gunnar_vision.jpg
46 KB, 850x471
>>63544202
Looking forward to it.
>>
It's time
>>
>>63544202
Kim will get steamrolled, but at least it'll be fun to watch
>>
>"A lot of people refer to him as a giant gentleman"
No, that's you Aidy
>>
Is SINGHA popular in Britain?
>>
>>63544866
No
>>
>>63544888
Why do they sponsor this then? Can't imagine many chinks watching darts.
>>
>>63544899
No idea. They won't make anywhere near as much extra cash as the bookies that sponsor almost all the other tournaments do
>>
>World no.8
>First ever TV quarter final
Jesus, what a fucking floor tournament babby
>>
File: Autism.png (333 KB, 623x329) Image search: [Google]
Autism.png
333 KB, 623x329
I hope you all like fresh OC
>>
File: john_henderson__83906.jpg (73 KB, 245x347) Image search: [Google]
john_henderson__83906.jpg
73 KB, 245x347
>>63544961
>>
>>63544961
It's a pretty accurate preview of the nightmare Kim's going to have tonight.
>>
>all dis choke
>>
>>>/tg/
>>
File: 281231_mb-Heresy%20Stamp.png (67 KB, 320x319) Image search: [Google]
281231_mb-Heresy%20Stamp.png
67 KB, 320x319
>>63545073
>>
I hate to admit it, but Blubber's playing really good, and Lewis is not exactly known for his comebacks.
>>
>Fatpot getting ruined by Fatpot 2.0
>>
pls tell me someone capped that Lard Lad face
>>
Lewis will win this. Mark my words
>>
File: done.png (4 KB, 425x79) Image search: [Google]
done.png
4 KB, 425x79
>>63545270
Done. I hope it helps your vision come true.
>>
Nice Mensur from Sweaty
>>
Nice D14. Come on now, Aidey!
>>
>>63545303
Blubber boy will give up soon enough
>>
>>63545397
His throwing has turned to shit
>>
Please Aidey, please stop sucking!
>>
File: mervyn2.png (226 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
mervyn2.png
226 KB, 480x480
>Right back in this match
>3 legs down
>>
It's on!
>>
So how long should 3 matches take tomorrow?
>>
is the commentator lewis' father or something
>>
High quality tungsten indeed, enjoying this.
>>
Lewis giving away so many legs
>>
>>63545629
They're all best of 31 legs, so the afternoon session (2 x semi finals) will be about 3 - 3-1/2 hours, and the final in the evening session will be about 1-1/2 hours
>>
>blewt
>>
>>63545801
>Blewis
>>
File: mvg_do_not_want.jpg (15 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
mvg_do_not_want.jpg
15 KB, 350x280
>This could be a major breakthrough in Michael Smith's career
Please, no!
>>
That Lewis doubling is fucking awful
>>
>>63545899
It's a miracle how someone with so low fighting spirit could get as far in this sport as Lewis did. Everytime things go wrong for him, he just starts chucking and giving up. If Lewis hald half the work ethic that Philty has, he would be goat.
>>
File: adrian_lewis.jpg (29 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
adrian_lewis.jpg
29 KB, 624x351
I'm so sorry you had to see this.
>>
Fair play to Blubber for admitting he acted like a proper cunt in that Taylel match at the last Grand Slam. Doesn't explain why he's acted like a cunt in several matches since then though
>>
>tfw missed Revolting vs. Even More Revolting
Not even mad 2bh.
>>
Adrian Lewis literally didnt want any of these doubles.
>>
>>63546272
tbf he's only ever been interested in the McDouble with cheese
>>
File: kimmy_wolfie.jpg (76 KB, 536x406) Image search: [Google]
kimmy_wolfie.jpg
76 KB, 536x406
Payback time!
>>
File: gnome child feeling it.gif (100 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
gnome child feeling it.gif
100 KB, 200x200
>>63546345
>that pic
>>
>>63545962
The trouble with Aidy is he has been riding off the "back-to-back world championships" gimmick since it happened in 2012 and has won relatively fuck else. Like you say, his lack of effort doesn't help.

One European Championship and one UK Open title is absolutely pathetic for a two-time Worlds winner. Wade's won more and he's made fewer World finals than Kirk Shepherd for crying out loud.

>>63546223
>Fair play to Blubber for admitting he acted like a proper cunt in that Taylel match at the last Grand Slam.
That match was a fucking embarrassment. Never have I witnessed someone fold to Phil in that manner. There's been pocketings in recent times, but not "13-legs-straight-with-no-attempt-to-even-try-and-fight-back" pocketing. Even Chizzy's World GP humiliation wasn't as bad, because you just knew from the start it was going to be pain.

>Doesn't explain why he's acted like a cunt in several matches since then though
I really don't understand that either. Those antics at the Worlds that got him killed by Bunt and the pathetic displays against the Welshies at Blackpool and Dublin are all because he loses his head far too easily (which is pretty hilarious given his mentor has had that all too often this year, especially against slower players).

Once he actually starts and finishes matches like he's done tonight, people will start to respect him a lot more. Take those Euro Tour performances onto the stage and he can actually win something. Until then, he'll just be a TV nobody.
>>
>135 out in the first leg
OH BOY HERE WE GO
>>
MVG GOATing it up early. Excellent.
>>
Kimmy getting murked.
>>
>DAT 112
Ha ha ha. Who's laughing now, Kimmy? Who's laughing now?
>>
File: mvg_time.jpg (81 KB, 362x440) Image search: [Google]
mvg_time.jpg
81 KB, 362x440
This is so awesome, guys!
>>
MVG is ruthless. Hot damn.

>>63546501
#JusticeForWolfie
>>
Jesus
>>
Jesus MVG is on fire
>>
File: 1388246936768.jpg (26 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
1388246936768.jpg
26 KB, 177x278
DAT 141 FROM KIM
>>
File: 0[1].jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0[1].jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>yfw dana divorces kimmy and marries MVG in an act of polygamy after this performance
>>
Michael was actually really trying to go 16-0 there. Kim got that good but lucky 141 checkout
>>
Oh dear, I can feel the autism through the telly
>>
fuck 122 average from the AUTISM machine. Crashing this game of darts with no survivors
>>
>>63546538
Sweet, sweet revenge.

>>63546584
You could see it on his face.
>What? I lost a leg against HIM? Impossible.
>>
File: MVG-celebration[1].jpg (69 KB, 960x836) Image search: [Google]
MVG-celebration[1].jpg
69 KB, 960x836
>hit 9 darter against MVG
>this happens a year later
>MVG's face when

What on earth would happen if someone hit a 9 against Taylor on telly?!
>>
File: throw_it.jpg (95 KB, 500x563) Image search: [Google]
throw_it.jpg
95 KB, 500x563
>>63546603
>>63546619
More like GOATism.
>>
>>63546690
That someone would have an unfortunate accident.
>>
>>63546718
The fact Bunt missed that D12 last year probably saved his life.
>>
Get the lube
>>
>>63546774
But, oh, what a legend we would have been.
>>
>>63546793
TELL ME ABOUT MVG

WHY DOES HE ALWAYS RAPE
>>
mvg literally murdering a man later this night for every leg he gives up now
>>
Is MVG the best darter that has ever lived?
>>
This game should be best of 199. I never get tired of this.
>>
>>63546916
That's unfortunately Le Caravan Assault Man and always will be
>>
>>63543606
>>>/asp/
>>
File: poor little doughboy.png (241 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
poor little doughboy.png
241 KB, 480x480
>this match
>>
Oh, he's missing the T19 now instead

>>63546993
ur mum
>>
the crowd booing because MVAUTISM misses that potential nine-darter.
>>
>>63546978

In terms of wins yes but was Phil ever able to play as well and consistent as MVG?
>>
Lol Michael does't even care about Kimmy, he's comletely absorbed in his autistic bubble and playing for his own avg and a possible 9-darter.
>>
File: CM Cunt2.png (23 KB, 174x232) Image search: [Google]
CM Cunt2.png
23 KB, 174x232
Well now
>>
>>63547097
>was Phil ever able to play as well and consistent as MVG?
Numerous occasions. Granted, during the early years of the PDC there was no challenge against him but he did manage to do it in the more competitive recent years (i.e. since they left the Circus Tavern for the Worlds).

2013 was a particularly consistent year for him: I seem to remember he had no ranking television defeats until Huybrechts Sr. knocked him out of the European Champs (MVG of course won the PL that year with the glorious 25-T19-BULL 132 finish that just showed his brutality)
>>
>>63547129
autism doesnt even know who he is playing, He's just practicing for the upcoming semi's.
>>
>>63547165
>Granted, during the early years of the PDC there was no challenge against him
That even makes it harder to stand out, because there is no reason to further elevate your game.
>>
Revenge mode GOATism is truly unstoppable
>>
>112 Average over 15 legs

Blubber boy must be shitting out the kebab he's just eaten
>>
It might have been a smart move by Aidey to fail today instead of being slaughtered tomorrow.
>>
At least it won't be 16:0
>>
>>63547208
Oh definitely. The trouble with the PDC at that time the BDO still had a number of good players (Barney, Hankey pre-stroke, even Merv to name three) and those in the PDC aside from Phil were either past it, inexperienced or just plain woeful (looking at you, Manley).

You look at the World Finals prior to the move to Ally Pally in 2008: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDC_World_Darts_Championship#Final_Results_and_statistics

Only three times in the Circus Tavern era was Phil's average the lower of the two (against Priestley in 1994 and 1996 and against Barney in 2007). In every other case but one, his opponent doesn't even average 95.
>>
>T9
>>
>van Gherkin
>>
>kim getting fucked so hard he leaves 168
>>
>>63547332
He just can't miss treble. He should have gone for T3.
>>
MvG losing every leg on purpose as soon as he failed to get a nine-darter.
>>
DAT D3

MVGOAT
>>
http://live.dartsdata.com/MatchView.aspx?MatchId=130863

>111 average
>62% checkout

OH
BABY
>>
File: wolfie_smirking.jpg (17 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
wolfie_smirking.jpg
17 KB, 300x450
>that game
>that D3

Pahahaha
>>
autism is so good, that he accidently hits the triple 17 rather than the single 17 he was aiming for... and still wins it since he just throws what he needs at wil.
>>
LET'S GET THIS SHIT STARTED
>KIM "I HIT A 9 DARTER AGAINST MVG AND HAVE DONE NOTHING ELSE IN MY CAREER" HUYBRECHTS
>KIM "I CELEBRATED LIKE A BUFFOON AFTER WINING A LAST LEG SHOOTOUT AGAINST A 59 YEAR OLD" HUYBRECHTS
>KIM "RAPED 16-4 BY THE GREEN AUTISM MACHINE" HUYBRECHTS
>>
File: 1420469136521.jpg (20 KB, 286x292) Image search: [Google]
1420469136521.jpg
20 KB, 286x292
>>63547509
>KIM "MUH DANA" HUYBRECHTS
>>
>>63547509
>KIM "I GOT A WILDCARD FOR THE PREMIER LEAGUE AND FINISHED LAST" HUYBRECHTS
>>
>>63547509
>Kim ''The Breeze'' Huybrechts
>>
And so that D3 ends a far better night of darts than what happened yesterday.

What happens when you dump out the World Champion AND the number 1 ranked player by hitting a 9 darter, do nothing for a year except job on TV and THEN face the same person (still ranked no. 1 but no longer World Champion) at the same stage of the same tournament at which you defeated him?

You get the sorry tale of Kim Huybrechts. From the moment MVG took out that stunning 135 checkout in the first leg, all brakes were released on the Autism Train in a maniacal performance that had the Green Gherkin averaging 122 at one stage! Finishing off with the frankly pathetic (in comparison) average of 111.05 and the impressive 61.54% on checkouts, it's hard to say whether anyone can stop the Dutchman from winning the one title that has so far eluded him on the PDC circuit.

The person first to try and stop him? Somewhat surprisingly it's Michael Smith, who, nearly 2 years after putting out Taylel in the Worlds and becoming the temporary hero of /180/ in the process, finally put in a great performance from start to end against Snackpot 1.0 in what can once again be described as "I gave up" from the Stokie. With a paltry 26% finishing rate despite keeping up with Snackpot 2.0's 98 average, it makes you wonder if Adrian Lewis will ever again be the player who won back-to-back World Championships, or will he just float about in the Top 16 for evermore?

The final session of action gets underway tomorrow from 1:00pm UK time, with these two semifinals from that time:

>Michael Van Gerwen v Michael Smith
>Phil Taylor v Raymond Van Barneveld

The final follows these two games at 7:00pm UK time.

See you then.
>>
>>63547822
>semifinals in the afternoon
Stupid scheduling, should have done the quarters in two sessions on friday, semis saturday evening and the final sunday evening
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.