[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Americans can't handle a bit of concussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 634x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 634x423
>The US Soccer Federation has banned children aged 10 and under from heading the ball.

>The governing body has introduced a number of safety measures to settle a lawsuit accusing it of negligence in treating and monitoring head injuries.

>The ban includes national team and Major League Soccer academies.

>Players aged between 11 and 13 will be limited to headers during matches only, while medical professionals must attend all academy games to decide whether players suspected of suffering concussion stay on.

http://news.sky.com/story/1585183/us-soccer-bans-young-players-from-heading-ball
>>
>>63487251

It is retarded that they've banned kids from heading the ball. But i didnt actually knock my self out for a few seconds heading a ball in Sunday League years ago.
>>
File: common_pepe120.jpg (121 KB, 753x724) Image search: [Google]
common_pepe120.jpg
121 KB, 753x724
Thread number 51079210745749256767856783 on this topic
>>
Good thread dude, never seen on /sp/
>>
>>63487270
Whta's funny is only the Eurokucks care. Americans don't give a shit since no one here cares about soccer.
>>
>>63487251
>You can't head a ball
>But you can ram each other at full speed if you wear a helmet
>Implying that if you wear a helmet your head doesn't make contact with the helmet and the same velocity anyway since your brain bounces around inside just the same.

Ameridumbs everyone.
>>
>>63487251
Wait, how are they supposed to play if they can't practice heading the ball
>>
>>63487292
shut up faggot, go back to your kek egg and jigaboo jam
>>
>>63487251

Put some big stupid helmets on them, that helped with gridiron right?
>>
File: 1446754918794.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1446754918794.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>mfw they introduce helmets to sawker
>>
>>63487397
In a few years they'll make their own version of 'soccer' with pads and helmets and claim they need them because its more brutal like regular futbol
>>
>>63487305
>pussy soccer player gets a concussion
>parents sue because they expect soccer to be a "safe zone" for their baby to grow

>football player knows what's in store for him
>parents don't sue because they don't want to be pussies

Soccer: it's for pussies
>>
It's because of those rock-hard piece of shit knock off ball they use. I remember when I was younger as a goalie I was practicing punting for about 20 mins with one of those balls. I was limping and practically had a foot injury by the time I was done
>>
>>63487427
>Pussy
They attack the ball with their fucking heads at full speed.
>American Fatties in pads and helmets pretend to be tough
kek
>>
>>63487442
you don't get concussions from heading the ball, you get concussion from head-to-head collisions with your opponent while disputing the ball mid-air.
>>
>>63487427
>white suburban people are pussies
FTFY
I can bet my left nut that this ridiculous lawsuit was filed by some annoying suburban white mom named Candace or some shit because she's scared that little Cooper and Thorton are going to get boo boos on their stupid heads
>>
>>63487465
>implying you can't still have head to head collisions during regular run-of-play
Either way its a contact sport. Dont want your little snot nosed kid getting hurt? Have him stay home and learn chess. People know the risks of playing sports.
>>
>>63487518
Of course, I meant typically.
Obviously don't agree with the ban and it'll probably negatively affect player development, we'll see results in the future.
>>
American society is so laughable
>muh concussions because of heading the ball
>everyone is offended all the time
>muh enforced political correctness
keep getting kek'd by women and sjws amerifats
>>
>>63487599
I'm genuinely embarassed by this country sometimes tBh Huebro. Everyone's solution to everything is to sue
>>
>>63487623
so, I have broken my arm and toe playing football, hurt my fingers three times playing basketball (and had to use orthopedic casts).
In the U.S. I could have sue the school or club for those accidents?
>>
>>63487623
Well, your colleges are producing thousands of lawyers every years. Gotta keep them working.
>>
File: 18w2ot5tva8xhjpg[1].jpg (137 KB, 650x299) Image search: [Google]
18w2ot5tva8xhjpg[1].jpg
137 KB, 650x299
>>63487734
>>
>>63487616
This is hilarious coming from you hans

Say hi to Ahmed for me
>>
>soccer
Oh no, what ever will we do.
>>
>>63487734
You have to sign a non litigation agreement before you can play sports on any league level so no.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.