[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the height of your sports career? All-American in high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9
File: logan defense.jpg (291 KB, 1872x1353) Image search: [Google]
logan defense.jpg
291 KB, 1872x1353
What was the height of your sports career? All-American in high school? College ball? Little league?

Why aren't you pro right now?
>>
I had 86 goals in one season for water polo in high school and i missed the record for 1st by two goals but then again nobody gives a fuck about water polo
>>
>>63471110
High point of my career: winning the owl
Low point: getting keked by the tranny hawks in the NFC title game.
Oh btw aaron rodgers here. Ask me anything.
>>
>>63471110
I still have a game ball from teeball 12 years ago
>>
>>63471110
>be shrimpy little 6th grade me
>gotcha/bump/knock-out (basketball game) in PE
>around 30 people start the game
>make it down to the final two
>just me and this really athletic eighth grader
>knock him out
>all 30 people who lost storm out towards me and put me on their shoulders and walk me around the gym

Yeah... that was fun.

Yes, I'm aware this story makes me sound like a kid with downs.
>>
Football: 4A High school state champs, starting outside linebacker
Rowing: Fourth in the Pan-Pacific Championship
Intramural back-to-back badminton champs

>Why no pro?
Torn shoulder, broken wrist that required multiple surgeries, multiple concussions
>>
I never lost a game of crabcock in highschool
>>
>>63471320
ouch dude
you play badminton?
>>
>>63471302
nah knockout was the shit
>>
>>63471337
>implying there are any real losers
>>
>>63471341
Can't get enough of it.
>>
File: al bundy.jpg (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
al bundy.jpg
20 KB, 320x240
In middle school, rec league basketball, I hit the championship winning (or clinching anyway, we had to play some dogshit team the last week but this game was 1 vs 2) shot. Got muh pic in the paper, had a party at Pizza Hut, shit was so cash.

In a high school pickup game I caught 7 TDs in one game. SEVEN. And it would've been 8 but some idiot on my own team started shadowing me trying to steal my thunder and fumblefingered another one away I would've easily had.

I didn't go pro because my eyesight was getting worse and worse due to vidya. Also I'm just an average white guy in every manner imaginable. But among all the other average white guys and below avg nogs, oh I was ABOVE average, bess bulee dat ;^)
>>
Played basketball for a tiny Christian highschool because I was expelled from public h.s.
We played a bunch of other faith based schools, and almost all of them were terrible.
Played a def and nute school with the dirtiest fucking players I've ever played against. My coach sat me after I got a T for bitching about the sjw refs' no calls.
We also played an Asian Christian school with an entire team seemingly under 5'5".
Had my most dominant sport moment vs those tiny slant eyed chinks. At 6'1" I felt absolutely godlike. Opened the game with a deep three, had a outback slam, and seated some dumb bastard 5 foot nothing trying to get off a 3 into the stands.
Got called up to the senior squad after that game, but little did they know that I was terrible, and only balled out that game because of the confidence I felt from opening tip due to noticing the total advantage in size I had against that one team.
>>
>>63471441
Just typing that out reminded me how frustrating it was to play against the def/mute kids.
They literally clawed my arms on every lose ball. They went under every shot. They got ALL the calls from their white knighting refs. I'm still pissed. My coach sat me for the entire second half because I slammed the ball down and got T'd up to teach me a lesson. FFS, our team was awful and I was the only player who could score when I wanted. Then that same school told me if I wanted to stay enrolled that I HAD to play soccer. I've never tanked so hard in my life.
Needless to say, I was pretty stoked when I found an adult school to get my diploma so I could gtfo of there.
>>
>>63471441
>>63471706
I attended Great Oak High School a few years after it was created. While I was in middle school, I watched GOHS play California School of the Deaf (at least once, maybe twice). Can't say their football team was that dirty, but they got BTFO.
>>
Do you think pros come to /sp/ ever?
If so, who?
>>
File: Sad in Bed.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
Sad in Bed.png
80 KB, 500x421
>6'5
>played no sports in HS
>>
>>63471110
Height of my sports career was playing in the Rose Bowl.

I'm not pro right now because nobody wants a white-as-fuck Strong Safety.
>>
>>63471779
youre a fucking waste

i would have killed for that extra 3 inches.

fuck you you waste of space.
>>
>>63471110
Scored 2 goals in a division 3 soccer game when I was like 14, worst player on the team and a defensive player. We won that game like 11-0 though, worst team in the league and we were the best team.
>>
>>63471808
>mom said no to playing football in grade 9

I >feel like I could have gone somewhere desu but >concussions
>>
>>63471779
>6'5
>never played basketball in my life
>hear oh you must play basketball and did you play basketball? every day of my life
What the fuck people? 6'5 isn't even tall enough to be inherently good at basketball on a high school level and it definitely isn't at college, so stop asking me.
>>
hit a grand slam with one out in the bottom of the last inning on my senior night (our last home game ever) to tie the game and send us into extras. we ended up winning.

can post video of it if anyones interested
>>
>>63471846
youve obviously never played basketball or you would know you can't teach height. and a 6'5 guard is a force in high school. everyone is undersized in high school you dumb shitty.
>>
>>63471846
Average NBA height is 6'7.. I'm also probably almost 6'6 in shoes

If you're 6'5 in HS you're playing center unless there's someone taller

Magic Johnson said his coach would make him play defense on Centers but he could play PG in HS and he was still growing
>>
I played linebacker alongside Bobby Wagner and had offers to D1 schools for football

I turned them down after my 4th concussion
>>
>>63471849
yes pls
>>
>why aren't you a pro right now
I beat the shit out of my gf and no one would sign me again
>>
under 18 international rugby.
Injuries to my ankle and knee stopped me trying to go pro.
>>
was 56-1 in HS wrestling but theres no future in wrestling
>>
>>63471923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXUIaU-C16A
>>
File: 1394680590975.jpg (292 KB, 641x699) Image search: [Google]
1394680590975.jpg
292 KB, 641x699
>>63471110
made regionals in tennis my junior year. Also one of the very few on my football team that actually played the entire game on both sides of the ball. Started at center and defensive end for a full game my junior year, and about 5 games my senior year, every single snap on offense and defense I was out that. Fuck did I get tired, glad I didn't have to fuck with special teams.
my high school was trash, and had no outlets for college. small podunk texas town.

I could have played college basketball or football though. Wish I had walked on my first year of college, regret that. I could have made the basketball team 99% sure of it. Hell I could have made the team at UNT also. They had a few kids I know I was better. last time I shot free throws I made 86/100. Should have been in the 90s though

thanks for reading muh blog. time for bed.
>>
>>63471849
Man, for a second I thought you were a kid on my team. We had the same scenario.

Even better is we were an out away from getting 10-run ruled and BTFO of the playoffs by the 13-seed earlier in the game and he hit a three-run shot to get us back in it.
>>
Playing kickball in HS, I kicked a ball through a basketball hoop and won me a pizza for lunch. It also counted as a 10-run homer because this is gym class and fuck logistics.

Had twelve goals in three games once in youth soccer when I was four. Brazilian immigrant and I were lucky enough to be living on the same street and we killed all the other kids dumb enough to sign up for soccer. Rest of the kids weren't terrible either, but there were games where the coach would play one of us as goalie just to keep it close. Would have gone undefeated if we both didn't miss a game for different reasons.

Final baseball game in HS I struck out a kid who committed to Clemson as a junior.

Broken ankle set me back and turned me into a fatty all through puberty.

And that's why I'm on /sp/ at 2 AM.
>>
Was a powerhouse in little league. Aparrently I was a good running back. I could run with like 4 guys dragging me down.

Only problem was the coach was incompetent so I didn't understand what the endzone was and just ran then just fell down myself since I didn't understand what I was actually suppose to do.

>got bored and didn't continue on

lel
>>
>>63471827
You were 14 when your mom banned you from trying football (American? Canadian?) because of concussions? How the fuck underage b& are you?
>>
Was a pretty good strong safety. Always loved hitting people. Got a reputation as the hardest hitter on the team as a sophomore, by senior year everyone would duck and fall before me during scrimmage or run out of bounds.

ACL tear and general disinterest in attending the one community college that wanted me killed my career. Never considered walking on at my university because those guy are legitimate freaks of nature.
>>
Had 12 pro fight in muay thai in Thailand along with about 25 amateur boxing fights back in Scandinavia. Was thinking about going pro, but realized it would be hard as fuck and my brain would more than likely be a dried out shrimp at age 40
>>
File: billy nye the science guy.png (631 KB, 529x960) Image search: [Google]
billy nye the science guy.png
631 KB, 529x960
Played Junior A and B hockey, AAA youth, NCAA D-3. I think if drugs and depression didn't get in the way I could be playing in a Euro league or the A, shit I could probably get a ECHL tryout but honestly I am washed up and burnt out.
>>
Semi Finals in a local League of Legends tournament. If we made it to the fibals, we wouldve been on the professional circuit
>>
Winning a Formula Ford race
>>
File: 1445404167406.jpg (131 KB, 500x691) Image search: [Google]
1445404167406.jpg
131 KB, 500x691
>>63471110
why am I not pro? because i'm a manlet. I played QB in high school. I could only see receivers when they went deep cause I was so fucking small. No, I wasn't fast enough to be a RB, I couldn't catch balls to be a WR, I wasn't big enough to be a linemen and I was too scrawny to play defense (I tackle like Tom Brady.) Our fucking coach didn't want any kickers on the team and went for it on 4th down every time. If they decided to kick it a receiver would do it because they were the most athletic players on the team and it would always be a shitty fucking kick that would miss. I also had terrible vision and got intercepted like 2-3 times a game because a parent complained that their players weren't getting any time so I was forced to play each game for at least 5 minutes.

Yes we lost every single game and I'm probably at fault for that. Had a miserable time but I still love watching football.
>>
Got three sacks against my old High school.

Trash talked & manipulated rules of the game, to the point where an opposing right guard was ejected.

I was short. I was slow. I had no talent what so ever.
Did I cheat? Maybe. Whatever it takes familia.
>>
File: 51706796.jpg (579 KB, 2048x2825) Image search: [Google]
51706796.jpg
579 KB, 2048x2825
>>63471110
pretty shitty athletically but I had a great leg and could kick a kickball further than anyone else in elementary school. Decided to be a kicker freshmen and sophomore year of High School, did pretty well. Junior year I fucked my leg up bad and my dreams went down the crapper.

I actually looked up to Adam Vinateri and had a picture of this framed on my wall. Yes I wanted to be a kicker, laugh at me.
>>
Playing university American football right now, defensive tackle. Yeah it's not that high of a level of the sport but the bond with your teammates and shit is fantastic
>>
played for the u15 swiss football national team
>>
played hockey as a kid, started at age 6

Was pretty based goal scorer until I hit 15/16, by then I stopped caring and didn't want to put in the new extra effort (going to gym, running, etc). Even if I did I probably wouldn't have made the OHL.

career high was 60ish goals in 30 games
>>
>large kid for my age
>not fat, but strong
>sophomore year in HS
>play DT for the JV football team
>"Okay anon, your not fat enough for the O-line, so we're going to put you on the D-line. Just reek havoc and push the O-lineman back into the QB or the RB and fuck shit up"
>They designed plays specifically for me to come in and be a fourth or fifth D-lineman and just fuck shit up
>never give me a specific direction or objective
>just rush the QB if it's a pass and stop the RB if it's a run
>get to varsity next year
>season ending Achilles injury
>senior year
>career ending Achilles injury
>>
File: CamoesFeel.jpg (178 KB, 645x901) Image search: [Google]
CamoesFeel.jpg
178 KB, 645x901
>>63471110
2nd place in Judo national championship when I was much younger.
I lost to a guy that latter became an Olympic medallist.

He was WAY out of my league.
>>
>>63474593
>shit that never happened for 500 Alan
>>
>>63474593
BULLSHIT IS BULLSHIT
>>
I once sat on the bench in a football game which my team lost 0-2. The guy who scored both goals plays in the 2nd Bundesliga now
>>
File: 1447138762849.png (87 KB, 304x314) Image search: [Google]
1447138762849.png
87 KB, 304x314
>>63471110
is their a professional league for kickball? because that was the only sport I was ever good at.
>>
>>63474618
>>63474677
I didn't say I was Mean Joe Greene or anything jesus christ. I was just a huge kid on a field full of smaller kids
>>
I hit a walk-off double in my 6th grade little league championship game, after making an error in the top half of the inning that cost us the lead in the first place.

That win sent us to some larger tournament, which we won, which put us into an even larger one. We eventually lost when just a step or two away from the LLWS.
>>
Was all-conference in track back in high school. Good times
>>
Ran cross country all through high school. There's was one race where I didn't get last place on the team. That was probably the high point.
>>
>>63474693
Pohjanpalo? Utter cunt.
>>
>18 years old, just out of high school
>What are sports?
>Start watching
>Start playing with friends
>Suddenly it's the epicenter of my life
>tfw I sports is the only career with a deadline to get started
Gonna sudoku next week. Anyone want me to stream it?
>>
>>63475551
Which high school and when? We might have raced each other, taft from 03-05.
>>
Won regionals for soccer during my senior year. No pro because I wasn't good enough and I tore my ACL in the sectional semis so juco ball was out of the question.
>>
ITT: "I could've played at the collegiate level but I got injured"
>>
Was in Southampton youth academy for keeping at U11 and U12, then broke my collarbone and we ended up moving back here.
Represented Provincial teams for Cricket and Waterpolo.
Was spotted for Sharks Academy, then was involved in bad car accident where I had to go under the knife and get a plate put in collarbone.

Now airport scanners buzz like crazy whenever I travel, thanks fate
>>
>>63475873
that's generally how it happens. either injuries or loss of motivation
>>
Lost in states for soccer twice
Lost in states(NJ) at 152lbs
3 time intermural champion at indoor soccer at TAMU

Not pro because not good enuff ;_;
>>
>>63471110
>What was the height of your sports career
high school JV cornerback

>Why aren't you pro right now?
i'm white
>>
I got a sack on Derek Carr my sophomore season at SDSU.

I currently row a 5:58 2k time for rowing at my new school, but the team is just barely good enough to make petites at the IRA's we go to.

Not pro because fuck college athletics for profit and fuck SDSU for trying to force me to switch majors.
>>
Played handegg for 8 years, winning 7 out of 8 titles (we lost the 7th championship game in OT by one point).

Got tired and took one season off....at least that was the plan, I never came back. This would be my junior year at college playing for another championship this friday.
>>
>>63476215
What's your major?
>>
>>63476362
Biochemistry. SDSU wanted me to change it to a more liberal arts focused thing because the biochem program there took up a large chunk of my schedule that they wanted me to use for film and other "team activities."

I was never good enough to go pro anyway and I realized that education was more important in the long run so I quit after that season and transferred.
>>
>parents start me in school a year early
>a late bloomer puberty-wise to boot

I didn't become an athletic stud until I started peaking freshman year of college

th-thanks genetics

>everyone asks me what position I played in HS and why I'm not playing in college right now

I'm legit 6'3, lean 212 lbs., bench 380, run fast, and it's all worth jack shit because I'm a junior in college

the only way I comfort myself is by figuring I probably wouldn't have made anything pro since I'm injury-prone
>>
JV Cross Country champ
Would have been All-Conference if my team was allowed to have 8 runners.
r8
>>
>>63471110
I broke my school's record in swimming for the 500m freestyle. I'm not pro because our school's swimming team had only been around for about 15 years, and I didn't start until I was in 8th grade. Not the most impressive thing ever, but it probably won't get beat for a few years because I went to a tiny high school and everyone left on the team were pussies.
>>
Still a D1 baseball player, Junior
>>
I played tennis, baseball, and was on the swim team in high school. Was more into my elective drama and music classes later on.

Sports Highlights:
>became captain of the JV swim team freshmen year.
>exposed a shitty teacher to the school administration, got her fired.
>successfully stole 2nd base for the first time in my life
>had a 50 shot rally back and forth that felt like ages, ended up winning the match
quit sports junior year, moved towards music
Music Highlights:
>became a music tutor for middle schoolers
>learned every major and minor scale on piano and guitar
>self taught myself basic music theory (circle of fifths, relative major/minor, modes, etc)
>played music with a school group at universities all over my state.
>made the cover
Lowlights:
>cut from the baseball team
>rejected from the basketball team after tryouts
>spilled a gatorade inside my backpack, all my shit was soaked and bright red
>tfw no gf until junior year
>switched schools alot
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.