[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me tell you why Edmonton is worse than Cleveland when it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 224x224
Let me tell you why Edmonton is worse than Cleveland when it comes to sports

>Hockey team has been shit for two and a half decades
>kids who weren't even ALIVE in the 80's talk about how good the 80's teams with Gretzky/Messier were
>McMeme
>football team hasn't been dominant since the 1980's
>we let a pedo GM run our organization for one year, who promptly traded our best quarterback since Warren Moon to Toronto so they could win the Grey Cup for the 100th Anniversary
>NLL Lacrosse team won the championship, announced relocation a few days later because nobody went to the games
>CHL team won the championship, people still don't go to the games
>professional Soccer Team shares a field with high school football teams
>Race Track that hosted Can-Am races with Formula One legends was bulldozed for a housing development
>Replacement Grand Prix was funded on tax payer dollars, location also bulldozed for a housing development

Penguins game we lost on Friday 2-1. Local Sports Radio obsessed over how our challenge of a blown offsides call in the first period was a "minor victory."

Fuck me in the fucking ass I hate our sports teams.
>>
>>63464976
Oh, and

>local blackout on Oilers scores a few years ago because Katz was trying to secure funding for new arena and didnt want anyone to know the team sucked.
>>
>>63464976
You should add to that the kazillion number 1 draft picks the Oilers have had and how they still suck.
>>
>>63464976
At least the eskimos are doing good this year. But ya Edmonton sucks, I think thats why i cheer for the browns i just feel an innate broship of shit cities
>>
You had the GOAT hockey player win you multiple championships.

Cleveland hasn't won anything since 1948 and has lost in the most soul crushing ways.

quit your bitching, being a Cleveland is a fate i wouldnt wish on my enemies
>>
Can you blame the oilers? I mean fuck. Edmonton is way up there. How many people can possibly live out there? It just seems like a city that shouldn't have any teams...cough **Jacksonville cough**. Teams should be where there is a market to make money.
>>
>>63465346
Edmonton was part of the WHA.

The only reason they made a profit was because Gretzky was literally Jesus on ice. But even then, the owner at the time had a gambling/spending problem, and was about to get fucked over by various legal and illegal agencies.

Gretzky was sold to LA to keep the team afloat, and went through with it to permanently establish Oilers culture.

Alternate reality, Gretzky wins two more cups with Edmonton, and they move to Ottawa a few years earlier.
>>
>>63465448
Right? So....you're saying Edmonton just needs to pack up their shit and move to america or find a new city in canada? A city that only exists simply for oil collection and is essentially in the Arctic circle shouldnt have any sports teams. Edmonton having a team is like Alaska getting a team of some sort.
>>
>>63464976
>Formula One
That was poor handling of the event organizers.

Its tragic yo hear about the city airport get torn down because of other corporate interest.
>>
File: IMG_20151030_183054.jpg (1 MB, 1564x1564) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151030_183054.jpg
1 MB, 1564x1564
Ass blasted Calgarian detected
>>
I see four contenders:

>50+ years without a championship

>what OP said

>unironically becoming a women's basketball city

>eating cake with razor blades in them
>>
>>63464976
Also implying the Oil kings werent selling much more than any other whl team during their playoff games.
>>
>>63469744

smuk_eps

Real talk though I'm kinda mad at calgary, they have a chik fil a at the airport. It's delicious.
>>
>>63470060
Who's #3?
>>
>>63471457
Xeattle I think

>>63464976
>we
>>
>>63471457
Minneapolis?
>>
>>63471457
Has to be Twin Cities
>>
File: margeaux-morin.jpg (9 KB, 220x260) Image search: [Google]
margeaux-morin.jpg
9 KB, 220x260
feels bad man

Margeux is hot as fuck though
Eskies are going to win the Grey cup this year btew
>>
>>63465168
At least you have championships you fucking normie. Being Buffalo is true pain
>>
File: aces.png (718 KB, 567x552) Image search: [Google]
aces.png
718 KB, 567x552
>>63465614
go fuck yourself eh
>>
>>63470060
>>63471457
>>63471675
>>63471713
>>63471732
I think its Conneticut they love girl dunk so much they even follow it post college
>>
>>63471869
Connecticut is a GOAT sports place, being equidistant from New York and Boston, they can just jump on ether bandwagon.
>>
File: esks.gif (47 KB, 436x312) Image search: [Google]
esks.gif
47 KB, 436x312
>>63472005
well at least the eskies are winning the grey cup this year
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>63472005

if the Whalers still existed, they'd be getting protested by Green Peace and Peta, and all those environmental bullshitters daily
>>
>>63465448

>tfw Gretzky's rights were once owned by Winnipeg then sold to Pocklington in a game of backgammon
>>
File: MFWSharksCollapsed.jpg (376 KB, 920x1320) Image search: [Google]
MFWSharksCollapsed.jpg
376 KB, 920x1320
>>63464976
To be fair, at least you didn't crash out of the playoffs after leading a series 3 games to none.

This chart fairly described what I felt on Games 4-7.
>>
>>63472837

I heard it was a game of Sabacc.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.