[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USA to launch their own pro rugby competition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 470x313
Where were you when the US became a relevant rugby playing nation?

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/14088602/usa-rugby-takes-next-step-development-professional-league
>>
>>63459719
Hayne nigga
>>
>>63459719
When was Dune set?
>>
>>63459719
nobody plays rugby here bexause handegg pays exponentially more. Same reason soccer players and rugby players become kickers and punters
>>
>Pro Rugby

They'll go out of business in a year
>>
They probably want to host a RWC, also
>BIG
>>
>>63459719
can't wait for rugby franchises

>Atlantic division
New York Irish
Racing Metro NJ
Boston Rebels
Philadelphia Zebra
Washington American Natives
Charlotte Wasps

>Gulf division
Miami Sharks
Nouvelle Orléans Hurricanes
Houston Spacemen
Austin Rivers
Dallas Presidents
San Antonio Pumas

>Pacific division
Vancouver Sunwolves
Stade Seattle
Aviron Portland
San Francisco Queens Land
Los Angeles Western Force
San Diego Latinos

>American division
Chicago Bulls
Union Detroit
Memphis Memes
Denver Dinosaurs
Utah Blues
Real Phoenix
>>
>>63459719
It will never take off. Id rather watch MLS divegrass and even boreball. Watching Shitattle get BTFO in penalties by Dallas was satisfying as well as seeing the Royals kek the Mets. Rugby is just a weird alternative to football
>>
>>63459719
I'd rather it stick to our small clubs.
>>
poo ess ayy on pooicide watch
>>
are hawaiians of the correct species to be good at this?
>>
>>63459719
Gringos don't give a fuck about yuro handegg.
>>
>>63460412
STRONG
>>
>>63459719
as if murrika needs another sport in which the blacks are pummeling the wytebois.
>>
The international people will laugh, but this really isnt a bad idea.

The NFL on the brink of the cows coming home to roost on concussions, and there is a strong college rugby club league already working.

I mean say what you want, but depending on how the next 5 years go for the NFL this could be brilliant.
>>
>>63468088
yeah bro
>>
>relevant

Yeah as much as in association football.
>>
>>63472031
Broadcasters will spend like 30 billions $ in the next years for the NFL. I would not be too worried for them.

Also, rugby have big concussion problems too. They're common (not as much as in NFL, sure), and much less seriously taken into account.
>>
File: mls-primary_color.png (73 KB, 1000x1054) Image search: [Google]
mls-primary_color.png
73 KB, 1000x1054
Because MLS surely made the US become a powerhouse in soccer amrite?
>>
>>63472031
>The NFL on the brink of the cows coming home to roost on concussions

Rugby is just as dangerous on that end.
>>
well i guess for the guys who dont make it to the NFL can try this and utilize their skill sets.
>>
>>63473456
>The white part brings you in and out of the MLS world
>>
http://screamer.deadspin.com/u-s-soccer-bans-headers-for-players-under-11-to-resolv-1741635694

>U.S. Soccer Bans Headers For Players Under 11

Where were you when USA killed hoofball tactics forever and became Barcelona of world football
>>
>>63460466
>Houston Spacemen
I like it
>>
>>63460466
>Memphis Memes

>realising that the term 'meme' is becoming so mainstream that a sports team named The Memes is not actually such a ridiculous idea in the near future

>it will happen in your lifetime
>>
>>63473617
It wont
>>
>>63473617
when you think about it, if you don't know the franchise's history, it's not really more stupid than the Memphis Grizzlies
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.