[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the NFL ever die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: gyyxwrqioecdpwtxxeeh.jpg (47 KB, 310x400) Image search: [Google]
gyyxwrqioecdpwtxxeeh.jpg
47 KB, 310x400
Will the NFL ever die?
>>
Stranger things have happened. It seems to be an unstoppable juggernaut now, but it wasn't always the most popular sport and it doesn't have to stay that way. Football is in real danger of declining because of the risks involved. Think of mothers not letting their sons play because of concussion risk and so on. The game has been changed a lot to accommodate player safety and more changes will inevitably come. There are even rumblings of eliminating the three point stance. Will these things spell the end of football or at least decline its popularity greatly?
>>
>>63380783
well if football does decline what will take its place as top dog? basketball? We all know baseball won't ever have the same popularity. Hockey? kek. God forbid soccer.

The big companies are gonna need ways to peddle their merchandise off to people on a grand scale somehow
>>
i am king vegeta, and i usually am spot on with demise and destruction, and this season ive been bored with it. espn and sports networks in general are making sports kind of unfun, and not to mention that nfl games are long as fuck and have too many annoying ass commercials
>>
>>63380724

white NFL players will be extinct in 15 years.
>>
>>63381267
thats the end of the nfl right there if there are not good qbs in the league
>>
>>63381281

just gonna be 32 RG3's out there.

AYO VICK RUN THAT SHIT DOG
>>
>>63381281
Also, punters, kickers, coaches.
>>
Once the USA becomes modernized.

>cheerleaders
>2015

just fuck my human rights up tbqhwy
>>
>>63381301

funny thing is that females will rage if we take away their "sport" and the scholarships they get for it. Yes, you can get a scholarship for that bullshit.
>>
>>63381312
naw for real? i didnt know that. cheerleading is intense though, they gotta be in tip top shape, and the choreography is probably difficult, but damn thats embarrassing that people can get a full ride for being hot and moving around sexily
>>
When no one wants guaranteed brain damage for an astronomical shot at "glory".
>>
>>63381312
from the depiction in media it seems like something usually encouraged by their mothers (??)

as a yurotard, cheerleaders are right up there with guns, racism and tipping as the weirdest shit yanks do.
>>
>>63381312
take away all male sports that don't make a profit in order to better provide for female athletes tbqh familia
>>
>>63381329
My highschool won the "competition cheerleading" state championship twice while I was there. It's athletic as fuck, zero denying that. But there's also no denying that it's not even a sport and only delusional whiney little girls disagree.
>>
>>63381443
nice, were they like real life mean girls during school? mustve been some cuteys i presume, but probably bitches
>>
>>63381341
>referring to all Americans as "yanks"
fucking idiot
>>
>>63380724
I give it 20-30 years at best.

Once hispanics are like a third of your population the MLS is going to have a huge market to capitalise on.
>>
>>63381166
>We all know baseball won't ever have the same popularity.
Basketball already has more popularity. As in people follow the MLB internationally and play it, no one cares about the NFL outside of North America.
>>
>>63381469

there were a few 12/10 god-tier super hotties out of those 2 teams but most were just ok..can't even remember the non-super hot ones right now. Our school was less attractive than all the other ones in our division lol.
>>
>>63381509
Are you just sad that England and Mexico are getting NFL teams before Australia?
>>
>>63381490
You should be calling him a kek, not an idiot. Brits call Americans Yanks all the time, it's just a thing. It would be like if Americans called all Germans Prussians even though people like you constantly remind the world that Bavariniggers exist.
>>
>>63381490

this guy gets it. southern boys used to rage when germans called them yanks.
>>
>>63380724
Handegg shall be changed by rugby league and NFL shall change your name to NRL or ARL to avoid confusion with aussie counterpart.
>>
>>63381538
nah. hope that never happens desu.
>>
>>63380783
>mothers not letting their sons play because of concussion risk and so on

and that's bullshit,single moms these days would let their kid play football cause of the huge money involved.

Goodell has put a huge scare tactic on this sport because his job security and the owners stock too. Players know the risk and the fans know it's fun.If Football dies then others sports might follow because every sport comes with a huge price when taking risks. Contact sports is going to face a huge task when taking about concussions.
>>
>>63381267

ThIs

More information about CTE comes out = fewer working/middle class whites let their kids play = NFL becomes 90+% black = league becomes less marketable
>>
File: 20120419-zaf-a11-100-jpg.jpg (192 KB, 970x1138) Image search: [Google]
20120419-zaf-a11-100-jpg.jpg
192 KB, 970x1138
no
>>
>>63381490
did i trigger you? sorry, saviours of the free world.
>>
>>63381714
calm down, Abaeze
>>
>>63381491
I give it the long run

Gridiron Football won't die easily,it will grow
>>
>>63381684
The league is already mostly black though.
>>
>>63381312
Oh no women will have to have skill the make money!
>>
>>63381550
This.
I was at the Hofbräuhaus in munich when some Irish prick asked if I was a yank.
I told him you never call someone from the south a yank. He just said "oh your a reb then". Turned out to be a cool dude, many beers were drunk.
>>
>>63381957
Would people still give as much of a shit if Wilson and Newton were the most famous QBs instead of Brady and Manning?
>>
>>63382069
>Implying it won't be Carr and Bortz
>>
>>63382000
blame the single moms and housewives who can't produce nothing but sex in their homes
>>
>>63382322
heyoo
>>
>>63381558
worse part,Asia is more likely to have a NFL Football teams in the near future

Tokyo/Kyoto is still No. 1 best place to visit there right now and Goodell doesn't fucking realize a market down there because Nips love American sports
>>
NFL won't die, at least not in our lifetimes. I could see it drop from #1 tho with all the safety measures they are sure to add in the coming years.

Bold prediction coming thru:

I think Hockey will move up a spot or two in popularity once the NFL gets neutered and is 98% black. Baseball is slow with a dying fan base and who honestly outside since the 90s still watches the NBA? Hockey is mostly white, exciting, fast, has hard hits, fights, and has waaaay less commercials. Not to mention the picture quality on new tv's make it possible to fully see what's going on unlike the past. Remember the blue puck?
>>
>>63382559
you are entirely wrong. those multiyear deals, and sheer interest among all ethnicities will elevate baseball and basketball over hockey forever. unless you are adopted you, you dislike hockey if you are not white. seriously there is no way that the united states is going to become a majority latino/black/asian etc. and have fucking hockey be the sport everyone watches. not to mention its gay as fuck and the fans are insufferable pricks.
>>
File: total90aerow.jpg (80 KB, 530x510) Image search: [Google]
total90aerow.jpg
80 KB, 530x510
Oh, hey NFL.
>>
>>63382649
did you not see USA vs Mexico, its gonna be a while for the US to be good at soccer/football, it was so clear to me that game how far there is to go before US players have that innate feel for the game like other countries.
>>
>>63382695
funny thing is womens soccer is better than mens soccer
>>
>>63382773
Women just handle balls better in America because we're not full of faggots.
>>
Wait until the Will Smith movie comes out desu senpai
>>
>>63382773
because of Title IX and women having more freedom here.

>>63382802
kek
>>
>>63382773
yea women are performing so much better it's cray cray, that is all about money though. none of these poorer countries are dumping any money into womens athletics.
>>
>>63382649
National Team performance has nothing to do with popularity of the sport
>see British Teams
>>
>>63382845
haha true dat, but the mls is garbage though, no one watches it, and it hasn't really changed. it'll be so long until guys actually come and play at their peak, new york cosmos pele bullshit like Ronaldo is about to do. when guys in their prime decide to go to the MLS then you will be correct.
>>
>>63382605
>implying minorities have money

Once whites for the most part stop watching you will see a mass exodus of good advertisers hurting the overall product(nfl). Never said Hockey would be #1 but I could see it becoming the #2 or #3 sport. Stranger things have happened. I mean, NASCAR was the most popular sport for about a decade.
>>
>>63383035
well it was popular, not sure if it was the MOST popular, but it was "on the rise" for a while. lemme ask you something. do people post bullshit opinions to drive traffic to this site?
>>
>>63381267
As long as there are white families in poverty, there will always be white NFL players.
>>
>>63381341
>Hating guns

When did Ireland become such massive kucks?
>>
>>63383098
>bullshit opinions
Every post on 4chan evar posted. Your probably just mad because I said no one watches apehoop anymore. Didn't mean to offend Jamaal. It's just not that good anymore.
>>
File: 1446673953390.jpg (25 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1446673953390.jpg
25 KB, 460x276
>>63383398

>being racist
>2015

Your opinion is legitimate and worth reading. Tell me more.
>>
>>63382815
it has NFL bias written all over it

even that Nigeria dude and Chris Nowinski is part of this film too famh
>>
File: 067c27_4211037.jpg (222 KB, 960x727) Image search: [Google]
067c27_4211037.jpg
222 KB, 960x727
>>63383479
>>
>>63381657
>huge money involved
I think when people talk about moms not letting their kids play they mean high school and peewee league. Nobody's mother is telling them not to go the NFL but she is telling them not to play in the 6th grade. The mothers don't know their kid has the possibility of making money.
>>
>>63383730
many single parents would push their kids to play sports despite the risks.NFL still hasn't made anything positive to help this sport.USA Football thing Goodell has setup is hurting the NFL entirely and moving away interest in gridiron football.
>>
>>63383479
>It's "CURRENT DATE" COME OOOON

That's how retarded you are right now
>>
>>63383730
If you're growing up poor as most of the nig athletes are, the mother will have absolutely no qualms about their kid playing sports.

The mothers that raise a stink about their kids playing are the suburban moms. That's why it's rare to see white players that don't already come from a sports family.
>>
>>63384488
>The mothers that raise a stink about their kids playing are the suburban moms

same goes for country bumpkin moms they are stupid. That's why their dads make the final decisions on letting their kid play football
>>
Just back form a run in the park. There was a group of kids playing American Football. Never seen that before.

In terms of popularity it will never die. As long as the sport literally exists people will watch it. Former players are brain dead and dying in their sixties but afaik high school football is still going strong.
>>
>>63382773
Thats because soccer is for women
>>
Yeah NBA will take over in 10-15 years if they can replace LeBron with a marketable superstar. Kids growing up now are too autistic for football, NBA will capture the younger generation of future swagfags.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.