[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guard a team like this? How do you guard a team that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: USATSI_8505353.jpg (81 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
USATSI_8505353.jpg
81 KB, 640x400
How do you guard a team like this? How do you guard a team that does nothing but go to the three point line and take a 3 by jumping?

explain this, has a team ever successfully defended them?
>>
>>63377434
you let curry drop 50 and shut down the rest. force em to play inside which they can't
>>
>>63377434
cover the best shooters

pray you can get the rebounds
>>
>>63377444
I've wondered if that would be a viable strategy. The cavs did the opposite by aggressively playing curry, forcing him to pass, and were done in by their lack of depth.

but, assuming regular depth for any given playoff team, could they successfully play the warriors by forcing curry to be the sole point of offense?
>>
>>63377434
beat them on an off day, injure the weak ones (curry, klay, bogut)
>>
Mind games
>>
wait till the spurs play them and watch how pop handles them and try to work off his strategy
>>
File: yo.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
yo.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>tfw Bill knows
>but hes too busy with his sport
>>
>>63377658
Rest players and concede defeat?
>>
>Put in third string PG
>Tell him to pretend to go for a block and take out his legs

Wow so hard
>>
File: delly.png (304 KB, 619x669) Image search: [Google]
delly.png
304 KB, 619x669
>acquire delly
>>
>>63377658
>spuredditors
>>
You clone Delly so he doesn't run out of gas. And you pray the god the refs aren't being bitches that day.
>>
>>63377734

I bet he spent the entire off season practicing how to shut down curry in the finals. Just seems like the Delly thing to do.
>>
>>63377658
>>63377669
kek

>>63377734
>>63377755
Hey, as fun as those games were where he somewhat shutdown curry. Wasn't that only literally one game out of the entire series? (serious question)
>>
>>63377434

hack a curry, let him only get 2 from the line instead of 3's.
>>
>>
>>63377785
this is madman strategy
>>
>>63377780
the jury is still out if it was 1 game or 2
>>
>>63377785
Literally the worst strategy ever, he'll just wind up getting four point plays all night
>>
How would Jordan guard him?

I can't imagine him letting that little rascal get away with it.
>>
DELLY
E
L
L
Y
>>
walk under their shots. those fouls will be worth it if they're out for the game
>>
>>63377785
curry's a career 90+% free throw shooter, you're supposed to hack people that can't shoot
>>
>>63377833
Imagine it, it's not like you ever watched him play defense in a televised game, he didn't have super powers just great sponsorship.
>>
>>63377833
Jordan would have made Curry actually play defense. And fuck with him and get in his face. But players don't try and instigate fights anymore except for Patrick Beverley so it never happens.
>>
you need ELITE defense and not that normal type of ELITE you need ELITE ELITE defense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePw4iiV8yzs

you see you could handle him if he wasnt so good at handling the ball
>>
>>63377875
>But players don't try and instigate fights anymore
you wanna know why? because you'd get fined like 500 grand these days
>>
>>
>>63377877
And people say DeAndre Jordan is a better defensive because of muh blocks
>>
>>63377875
>fighting in the NBA
relic of the past and good riddance, seeing niggers chimp out over trash talk was annoying
>>
>>63377895
That's my point. Hell, the closest Curry got with a fight last season was with Ariza, and even then Green held back Curry as if that baby faced was gonna do anything.
>>
>>63377785
Imagine the shitstorm
>>
Catch them on an off day. Did anyone really not see this coming, though? Nba players are now too good a shooting threes. It isn't just curry (though he's the best at it). The accuracy with which players can makes threes means there is always fucking driving space. Without te three point line the mo was attack the basket, force someone to come out to defend you by being good at the 15 foot range, then look for a teammate cutting inside. Now, everyone on defense is already spaced out, and it's so easy to get separation with a simple pick up top that the defense has to spread out even farther. Lanes will always be open.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing basketball with friends cause the three point shot is something you do if you're feeling good about yourself so far and are willing to take a risk. I just have to be within about 8 feet of the three line to cover it and space inside adequately. Meanwhile, curry could probably make from a few feet beyond regularly too. It's fucking up the nba and leads to all these damn fouls because there's always space to drive.
>>
you attack curry all night on offense and get his legs tired so he's not effective on the offensive end. need a pg like westbrook or cp3 to achieve this though
>>
Further,

will a GOAT center ever be drafted again?
What if the position goes instinct.
>>
>>63377958
KAT, Clint Capela and Andre Drummond are the next best centers
>>
>>63377875
>Jordan would have made Curry actually play defense.
Because he could hand check. Can't get away with that nowadays, which is one reason perimeter players dominate now.
>>
get someone whos not afraid of getting crossed up twice

if you just keep guarding him like dellevadova did you will get him
>>
File: USATSI_7236147_164908624_lowres.jpg (102 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
USATSI_7236147_164908624_lowres.jpg
102 KB, 800x1200
>>63377434
Put this guy on him and he will give up 7 (SEVEN) turnovers
>>
>>63377938
>need a pg like cp3 to achieve this though
except i'm pretty sure GSW has been the seahawks to the Clip's 49er's. so he probably isn't the best example
>>
>>63377958
you need a tall, strong motherfucker to stand under the basket and get rebounds. the 5 will never disappear
>>
>>63377929
To be fair Ariza is known for being soft, Curry has the hands but why get fined or ejected?
>>
We're literally dedicating a thread to stopping one player. Can we finally admit that Curry is better than Jordan?
>>
>>63377938
>Chris Paul
Um...
>>
>>63377958
I would never draft a center who's not 6'8 max with a killer three point shot
>>
>>63378012
>Jordan
>never make the playoffs prior to drafting Scottie Pippen
>can't win shit without Phil Jackson
>threepeats with the GOAT power foward Dennis Rodman
>team nearly wins the eastern conference finals and the same amount of games when he retires
G-goat
>>
>>63378045
Your very first point and it's wrong.
>>
>>63378045
Exactly my point. Curry doesn't need anyone, he could literally win a trophy with any team. He's undeniably the best player of all time. Glad I get to watch him.
>>
>>63377974
Hassan Whiteside has more blocks than all of the teams Miami has played this year combined
>>
>>63378045
>team nearly wins the eastern conference finals and the same amount of games when he retires
never made it passed the 2nd round when jordan was gone. so no idea what youre talking about but scottie was like 3rd for mvp
>>
>>63378067
Out the first round I meant
>>
>>63378045
oh boy, are you a fool. he took the bulls to the playoffs every year he played for them, including his rookie year. you know who didn't do that though?
>lebum
>>
>>63378083
>blocks

Nice meme stat. Reminder that Davis lead the league in blocks last year but was in the bottom tier of starters in rim protection.
>>
>>63378091
He couldn't make it out of the first round because he was always facing the Boston Celtics. He averaged 43.7 PPG against them in 86 and the Celtics still swept them
>>
>>63378108
>lebum
who the fuck was even talking about lebron?

steph > jordan these are facts stop changing the subject
>>
>>63378108
That's not fair, LeBron took bad Cavs teams to the playoffs every year past his rookie year

>Eric Snow
>Boobie Gibson
>Sasha Pavlovic

Give him some credit. His only other good player was Big Z.
>>
>>63378108
Took them to the first round and lost like Tracy McGrady, when he retired his team only lost two more games than they did the season prior with the "GOAT". I wonder how many games the Cavs won without Lebron
>>
Get inside his head somehow/make him beat you. Shut down Klay and Barnes and Iggy and leave Curry to jack up shots. Most of the time you'll get burned but if Curry starts chucking up bricks you'll look like a madman genius
>>
>>63378071
He's also boring as shit to watch compared to Jordan and doesn't have to deal with nearly the defense Jordan did.
>>
>>63378144
lebron missed the playoffs his first 2 years. but lest we forget jordan was drafted to a team that had won roughly 40 games the 2 previous seasons combined. it's not like he was steve kerr going to GSW and inherited a stacked ass team
>>
>>63378143
Imagine if Steph had Jordan's team, coach and a moved up three point line to accommodate him
>>
>>63378165
>boring as shit

Top kek Jordan fags are the worst. Literally scared that Curry will (already has) surpassed MJ as the best of all time. What, not enough Space Jam movies from Steph? Fuck off.
>>
>>63378143

>steph > jordan

lel
>>
>>63378144
>His only other good player was Big Z.
you know who jordan's other good teammate was when he got into the league?
yeah, no one else knows either
>>
Big Strong athletic PG and be physical and chimp out at least once in him. We can only hope WestGod does it it February.
>>
>>63378145
>I wonder how many games the Cavs won without Lebron
pre lebron the cavs were winning like 17 games for the season

3yrs of him being there they went to the finals
>>
>>63377642
>>63377642
>injure the weak ones (curry, klay, bogut)

this kind of thing is why you people were sent to that island in the first place, m8.
>>
>>63378019
Makes him work running around screens off ball
>>
>>63378202
Exactly, even Lebron is better than Jordan he just doesn't have fucking commercials every five minutes to remind you
>>
get drake to fuck their wives
>>
>>63378199
That's my point. People call LeBron a failure but even Jordan couldn't take scrubs to a title. LeBron at least made it to the finals. Weaker competition, admittedly.
>>
>>63378189
>>63378186
>>63378145
>>63378143
>>63378144
>>63378045
jesus christ, either i'm getting trolled hard or everyone on /sp/ is under 18
oh wait, i'm on 4chan
>>
>>63378240
No family it is you that is under 18 if you think playing on a 50+ win team with a plethora of HoFers and literally the best coach in history makes you the GOAT.
>>
>>63378189
>Literally scared that Curry will (already has) surpassed MJ as the best of all time.
Woah, I totally missed where Curry won 10 scoring titles, a defensive player of the year award, and 5 MVPs.
>>
Curry's bitchass will never ever sniff a defensive award. You cant even be top 10 unless you contribute on defense
>>
>>63378260
>media hype awards and Stern giveaways

Yawn, meanwhile Curry is the best 3 point shooter of all time, the only player to beat all 1st team players in the same playoffs, and literally have rules changed to help defenses stop him.
>>
didn't old ass Larry Bird school Jordan every time they played? I'm fairly sure if Magic, who averaged nearly a triple double coming out of retirement with HIV, remained in the game Jordan would have maybe two chips
>>
>>63377875
>But players don't try and instigate fights anymore
good thing too, that was a low point for sure
>>
>>63378189
You've the wrong anon, friend. I don't give a shit. Sure, maybe curry is more valuable when all variables are accounted for. I'm just saying it's also super boring compared to Jordan, and I don't watch it because of that.
NFL 100%
Nhl 100%
Boreball put on the game while making dinner
Nba foul foul foul three foul timeout Wired in halftime Charles Barkley

It's just really boring to me. That's all I'm saying. I enjoy playing though.
>>
>>63378231
jordan made his first finals appearance by beating one of the greatest teams of all time, who were the previous champions for the past 2 years. he also accomplished one of the rarest feats in basketball: not only did the bulls sweep the pistons, the pistons didn't lead ONCE. there wasn't a single moment in the entire series where the pistons lead in a game. that feat has only been accomplished 7 times in the history of the NBA.
he then followed that performance by averaging 31 points on 56% shooting, 11.4 assists, 6.6 rebounds, 2.8 steals, and 1.4 blocks per game. and his opponent?
the showtime fucking lakers.
anyone who thinks jordan isn't the GOAT is a fucking moron
>>
The Cavs took them to six games with Tristan Thompson and Matthew Dellavedova as their 2nd and 3rd best players. Aggressively sell out on shutting down Curry, beat them up on the inside.
>>
>>63378279
your timeline is all wrong, my friend. plus jordan beat magic's lakers 4-1 in '91
>>
>>63378294
>Jordan made his first finals appearance by being on one of the best teams of all time
Fixed that for you, way to completely miss the point. Lebron brought D league players to the Finals twice, Jordan needed Pippen and Phil to win anything which with whom I'm sure your fat ass mother could probably win 40 games.
>>
>>63378277
>Curry is the best 3 point shooter of all time
Probably, but that doesn't make him a good defender or point guard.

>and literally have rules changed to help defenses stop him.
What rules would those be?
>>
>Steph
>took 4 years to make the playoffs
>no defense
>not even the best player in his conference
>air balled a clutch shot in a finals game
>thrives off league pussification
>0 60 win teams eliminated
>6th year
>GOAT

I'd like to see steph even try his shit on some 80s and 04 Pistons. Hell just put Gary Payton on him and see what happens
>>
>>63378258
because there's a character limit on posts, i don't have the available space to tell you everything wrong with what you just said
>>
>>63378317
>Gary Payton
How many chips did he win?
>>
>>63378294
Old man, you are literally blinded by rose tinted glasses and stuck in the 90s. You're like my Grandpa who says Kenny Stabler could be an elite quarterback in today's NFL. Curry is the best player of all time, bar none. He's facing the toughest competition, and putting up numbers Jordan couldn't sniff. And the damndest thing is that he just coasts most of the time, like he's not even trying. Oh and sometimes doesn't play the 4th quarter which curves his numbers. Join us in present time and watch your boy MJ get fucked on.
>>
>>63378311
>>Jordan made his first finals appearance by being on one of the best teams of all time
are you kidding me??? are you fucking stupid, or just too lazy to research shit before you post it? look up the rosters from jordans first 3 finals. and tell me if you can name ANYONE outside of horace grant and scottie pippen. you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, and it's showing hard
>>
>>63378325

dwade got him one
>>
>>63378319
>historical revisionist Jordan fans
>>
>>63378325
Same as Curry :). He also has the same number of finals MVPs.
>>
>>63378325

same as Curry you absolute casual faggot
>>
>>63378311
>Lebron brought D league players to the Finals twice,
In a terrible conference. Stick them in the West and they missed the playoffs entirely.

>Jordan needed Pippen and Phil to win anything
That's an extremely small sample size.
>>
>>63378337
>and putting up numbers Jordan couldn't sniff
but.. jordan's numbers are better.. i'm confused. where are you getting your stats from?
>>
File: mfw.jpg (37 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
37 KB, 550x366
>>63378165
>>63378165
>He's also boring as shit to watch compared to Jordan and doesn't have to deal with nearly the defense Jordan did.
>doesn't have to deal with nearly the defense Jordan did.

mfw
>>
>>63378338
>h-his roster had hall of famers on it, they're not that good!
Literally deluded by the media into thinking Jordan was any good. He should send Pippen some money
>>
>implying gary payton didn't just ride shaw and wades coattails to a ring
>>
>mfw jordan fags are trying to say he played on bad teams when he went to the finals
>>
>>63378345
So Curry's a better player. Didn't have to ride the bench to win a ring and got a regular season MVP over the course of 82 games
>>
File: 1441688444545.jpg (60 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
1441688444545.jpg
60 KB, 599x450
wait.. what happened to /sp/? because i could have sworn we had all agreed that lebron was the biggest choke artist of all time and had fallen from ever being mentioned in the GOAT debate after going 2-4. who are all you people?
>>
>>63378338
>Anyone OUTSIDE these two greatest players of all time
>>
>>63378384
>we
>>
>>63378384
This is Jordan vs Curry, advantage Curry. GTFO with your trash ass player.
>>
>>63378384
>we
Daily reminder Lebron has eliminated more 60 win teams than Kobe without a Shaq or Gasol
>>
Steph's exploding ankles are going to make a reappearance this season, trust me.
>>
File: 1440472718547.jpg (58 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1440472718547.jpg
58 KB, 960x720
>>63378397
>horace grant
>greatest players of all time
i uhh.. i'm not sure what's happening here, but it's very bizarre
>>
>mfw jordan fags are trying to bring up lebron out of nowehere for whatever reason when the discussion is about steph and jordan
>>
>>63377444

honestly this 100x, over the course of the season. It doesn't matter which team or player it is, if you make the entire offense depend on one guy's scoring he will break down or at least be flawed eventually in the playoffs.

That's why, other than Olajuwon ONCE (before he got Drexler and a good supporting cast) no one has won a title with just one guy doing so much.
>>
>>63378378

do you actually think that people will debate whether gary payton is better than steph curry?

how fucking stupid are you?

for real man, get help
>>
>>63378356
>doesn't have to deal with nearly the defense Jordan did.
He doesn't. There's a reason 3-point shooters have become so deadly, because defenders aren't allowed any contact on the perimeter now.
>>
>>63378414
Jordan fans need to divert attention from the fact their favorite player is horse shit without Scottie Pippen. Imagine having spent thousands of dollars on jerseys and sneakers to be like a man who never made it out of the first round on his own

It's embarrassing, I'm sure even Jordanis baffled by his success
>>
>>63378448
but you believe the other crazy shit people are saying in this thread? that's the one thing that jumps out at you?
you so silly, canada
>>
>>63378231
sounds like you just started watching basketball this year. Lebron has played in the joke East his entire career, a conference that at any given time only has one other near-contender and most times (like now) not even that.

And he could only even get into the finals once before Miami. Jordan lost to the most physical team in the history of basketball as the only good player that had Isiah Thomas an all-time great PG and three other hall of famers.

Lebron's competition was DeShaun Stevenson's Pistons and Dwight Howard / Rashard Lewis' Magic.
>>
>>63378412
Both of his injuries were freak of nature type injuries.
>>
Curry > Jordan, Jordan never had to beat Lebron
>>
>>63378454
i get what you're doing, i really do. you're exaggerating to rile people up, and i get it. that's what the internet is for; trolling. but let's not get out of hand here. you're baiting a little too hard, my friend. you gotta pull it back some or it's not going to be effective
>>
>>63378260

>Curry surpassing MJ
>1 title against the biggest choker in NBA history
>didn't even Finals MVP
>lost it to a career 13 ppg utility player
>>
>>63378454
>Jordan fans need to divert attention from the fact their favorite player is horse shit without Scottie Pippen.
Uh, Jordan only played three seasons without Pippen, and went to the playoffs all three seasons. Curry didn't even make it to the playoffs in his first three years. So I guess we can make the argument that Curry isn't shit without Klay Thompson and Kerr, right?
>>
>>63378482
>don't disagree with my narrative or its bait
>>
>>63378454
>horse shit without
>did things literally no one in history before or since ever did

What does that make the Stern-babbys of today like Lebron and Curry then?
>>
>>63378426
Did you guys literally not watch the nba finals last season? Steph played awful and the rest of the team still dominated. Saying "let steph drop 50 and shut down the rest of the team" is the stupidest thing I've heard because it's not going to work. The Warriors will put 150 on you.
>>
>>63378493
Kerr and Thompson aren't anywhere near Pippen and Phil Jackson. If you don't know this you don't know NBA basketball
>>
>>63378493
FUCK Jordan fags need mental help. Kerr isn't even coaching right now and Curry is playing even better (at a pace that MJ never touched). Thompson shit the bed against Harden and JR Smith. Curry was carrying that entire Warriors team to 4 wins, something Jordan never did.
>>
>>63378502

> Steph played awful and the rest of the team still dominated

...because opposing teams played too much off the other guys and didn't think guys like Andre Iguodala or Draymond Green would hurt them. That's WHY he's arguing you should defend the rest of the team and let Curry wear himself out being the entire offense.
>>
>mfw jordan fags are still bringing up lebron for whatever reason when the discussion is clearly about steph and jordan
>>
>>63378493
If Jordan had Klay Thompson and Luke Walton as a coach you'd be on Isaiah Thomas' dick.
>>
>>63378512
>Jordan carries team to some success, player shows up, team is more successful
>It's all the other guy!

>Curry doesn't have any success his first three years, other player shows up, team is more successful
>It was all Curry!
>>
>>63378533
>(at a pace that MJ never touched)
bro, literally no one is falling for this. i'm trying to tell you, trolling only works if what you're saying is half way believable
>>
>>63378512
and Steph Curry's competition is no where near Jordan's. Also

>muh Phil
>in 2015

Phil is a pretty mediocre coach when he doesn't have literally top 5 players in their primes under his disposal. Also Jordan never had a team that even approached GS' collective depth.
>>
>>63378539
They're obsessed because LeGod has destroyed Jordan's legacy, the casual fan will spout "le six rings" and proceed to purchase a pair at foot locker, whereas guys who know the game like Scottie Pippen understand Lebron is superior.
>>
>>63378533
>Kerr isn't even coaching right now and Curry is playing even better (at a pace that MJ never touched).
Uh, Jordan put up huge numbers before Phil or Pippen showed up.

>Curry was carrying that entire Warriors team to 4 wins, something Jordan never did.
You have to be trolling me. Curry didn't even win the fucking finals MVP.
>>
>>63378533

>Kerr isn't even coaching right now

Their entire system is from Kerr which by his own admission is a derivative of Pop's. You really think Luke Walton is coaching the system? Kerr implemented it.
>>
>>63378547
How many points did Thompson average in the finals? How many points did Pippen average in the finals?
>>
>>63378566

>LeChoke
>2-4
>advanced stats
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 735x582) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 735x582
>>63377785
>>
>>63378552
Right, your precious childhood icon is being dethroned, I must be trolling if I'm pointing that out. Dream on.

>>63378568
>Finals MVP
Total horseshit and a media hit job that Curry didn't win it. Iggy didn't even get 15 points and still allowed LeShit to basically average a triple double. Curry shutdown Dellavadova and was hitting clutch shots while capping 30 a night.
>>
>>63378591
>Jordan's own sidekick to which he owes the entirety of his careers success admits Lebron is superior and Jordan is a chump by comparison
>>
File: hahahahaLarryCraigBloated.jpg (12 KB, 90x91) Image search: [Google]
hahahahaLarryCraigBloated.jpg
12 KB, 90x91
>>63378533

>Carried the entier Warriors to 4 wins

Yeah that's why Curry won finals MVP.

Oh wait he didn't because he was completely invisible during half the finals.

>Dominant player
>can't even win finals MVP
>lose it to a career 13 ppg utility player
>>
>>63378602
>his childhood hero
He's 18, he never watched Jordan play just highlights on YouTube. He needs this to justify using his moms money to purchase Jordan's latest kicks
>>
>>63378605
>said no one ever
>>
File: 1435434565616.jpg (62 KB, 689x568) Image search: [Google]
1435434565616.jpg
62 KB, 689x568
>>63378602
>Curry shutdown Dellavadova
>Curry shutdown some undrafted backup point guard

Wow, it's fucking nothing
>>
>>63378629
>said Pippen
>>
steph > jordan

again stop trying to change the fucking subject and face the facts
>>
Daily reminder that Curry was literally Monta Ellis backup before Steve Kerr came along and they got a monstrously deep team including finals MVP Iguodala, Draymond Green who can single handedly shut down C's and PFs, Harrison Barnes, and one of the only true SGs in the game in Klay Thompson.

Meanwhile Larry Legend called Michael Jordan God before Pippen ever showed up and he set the all-time playoffs scoring record and was already considered the best player in a league full of first ballot HoFers by his 2nd year in the league.
>>
Really Jordan is worse than Curry due to his shooting, they had to move the fucking three point line up for him and he still shot like ass from behind the arc

Definition of a system baby, you will never ever again see things fall into place like the team of future hall of famers fell around Jordan
>>
>>63378634
And who did MJ guard? Bryon Russell? LMAO fuck off
>>
>>63378638
>source: my imagination
>>
>>63378650
Curry and Monta both started together, Ellis is an undersized shooting guard and Steph does not play that position. Nice try though
>>
>>63378582
Jordan's Finals average is higher than Curry's, so by your metric, Jordan is better.
>>
>>63378668
>Jordan fans incapable of using Google
Perpetually stuck in the 90s I see
>>
>>63378679
That's not the metric from which I judge a players success, but Pippen actually contributed to the Bulls finals wins whereas Thompson disappeared, get your head in the game senpai if you want to say Thomspon carried Curry to a ring show us how
>>
>>63378672
nice try revisionist, I actually watched the NBA back then unlike you who started bandwagoning this year.

Curry and Ellis didn't start sharing any signifcant time on the court together until Ellis' last year when it was clear he was out. Guys like Morrow and even Raja Bell were on the floor with Ellis before then.
>>
>>63378679
He also averaged more FTs than Steph.

>s-save me Stern and tell your refs to blow the w-whistles!!

Steph, juxtaposed, had to fight refball, as LeShit was never called for travelling.
>>
File: 1400034407107.jpg (49 KB, 362x263) Image search: [Google]
1400034407107.jpg
49 KB, 362x263
>this entire thread
>>
>>63378650
Larry Legend is known for calling a lot of scrubs God, Jordan is the biggest one though. In reality

Curry > Johnson > Bird > Kareem > Lebron
>>
>>63378690
Just as soon as you show us how Pippen carried Jordan to his titles despite Jordan having the superior stats.
>>
File: HahahahahaHisakiKuroda.jpg (54 KB, 800x804) Image search: [Google]
HahahahahaHisakiKuroda.jpg
54 KB, 800x804
>>63378683
>invent your own narrative
>claim it's real

but apparently to delusional underage b&'s "could be better" equates to "is superior and Jordan is a chump by comparison".

Of course underage b&s like yourself dont' realize we've been hearing "could be better" for ages from everyone to Grant Hill to VInce Carter to TMac to Kobe. This kind of chatter isn't new.

Also

>2-4
>advanced stats
>losing in the finals ever
>>
>>63378693
So you're telling me Steph Curry was a backup shooting guard for Monta Ellis during that period of time?
>>
>>63378713
>63378713

>Larry Legend is known for calling a lot of scrubs God

Except he literally never called anyone god other than Jordan. Nice try though.
>>
>>63378705
More than half of Steph's attempts come behind the 3-point line, where do you expect the foul calls to come from? Jesus, Golden State fans are freaking delusional.
>>
>>63378717
Simple, Jordan never got a sniff of the SECOND FUCKING ROUND before Pippen came to the Bulls. With Pippen the Bulls, excluding Jordan, are a 50+ win team.
>>
>>63378693
Cuury has only ever came off the bench in 6 games in his career, nice try though
>>
>>63378725
I'm telling you they didn't play any significant minutes on the court together until the end because GS always had a stock of PGs, SGs, and shooting wings. Monta played point sometimes with true SGs like Morrow since he already handled the ball 80% of the time anyway. But keep deflecting.
>>
>>63378739
And Curry never got a sniff of THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS before Thompson came to the Warriors. :-)
>>
very carefully
>>
>>63378745
Averaged 30+ minutes in his first two seasons, nice try though
>>
>>63378747
Thompson didn't lead them to playoff success though
>>
>>63378747
Tell me again what Klay did. He had good series against NO and Memphis, then let Harden shit all over him (Saved by Steph), then disappeared against the Cavs. Again: SBS SAVED BY STEPH
>>
>people arguing Curry was carried by Thompson

Green is the second best player on that team for real. If Green didn't have the ability to play center in small ball lineups the Warriors would have lost since Mozgov was fucking up Bogut.
>>
>>63378745
Did you just start watching NBA basketball?
>>
>>63378767
Most of Curry's detractors don't actually watch the game, thus the presumption Klay is Steph's Pippen

Fucking idiots
>>
>>63378767
That person is me, and everyone missed the point. Player shows up, teams gets good, it must be that player! At least, that's what they claim with Pippen, even though it took 4 years after Pippen arrived to win a title. So somehow, Curry is absolved of not even making the playoffs his first four years, but Jordan gets blamed for not getting past the first round in his first three years? Absurd.
>>
Jordan
>6'6 200+lbs muscle gifted all the physical tools to contend in the NBA
>unable to make it out the first round in the Eastern Conference prior to drafting Pippen
>team wins 50 games and is robbed of a conference finals appearance due to refball
>coach has literally won 12 rings
>teammates consist of hall of fame players
>three point line moved up for him, always given the benefit of the doubt even when shoving a player to get the space to shoot the game winning shot in the NBA finals in Utah
The Bulls were a great dynasty but Jordan is as much of the GOAT as Bill Russell is
>>
>>63378788
Most of Steph's detractors are old dudes who are stuck in the 90's and think Jordan is this perfect iconoclast of basketball greatness, but he's at this very moment being superceded by Curry. They still can't answer my points about it without citing some bullshit 90's falsified fabrication.
>>
>>63378794
Only in the act of shooting.

This is actually a brilliant strategy. Wrap him up before he shoots. If he tries to go into a desperation shooting motion to get 3 free throws, reveal your intent to foul was all a ruse and let him put up a brick untouched.

Watch the meme die.
>>
This is all so hilarious. The fact this is a thread with 200 replies means Steph made it. He did it. Great stuff.
>>
>>63378850
Nah, it's just a couple of GS trolls.
>>
>>63378841
There is no desperation from Curry when shooting the 3. He'll shoot it whether the defender wants him to or not. The desperation is when the D tries to stop him.
>>
>>63378840
>old dudes
I doubt it, it tends to be guys in their early 20s and late teens who could not have watched Jordan play who put him on a pedestal. I do not know anyone over 30 who is a Michael Jordan fanatic unless they grew up a Bulls fan, Jordan fans are literally tumblr-tier
>>
They need to get rid of the three point line. It makes no sense. You shouldn't be rewarded because you couldn't get nearer to the basket.
>>
>>63378863
>de madbutt
>>
>>63378879
Just hire no-name goons like Kelly Olynyk.

>bonus
He steps under him on the 3 and Curry breaks his elbow
>>
>>63378863
Then why reply? I don't see any Pistons fans making Drummond GOAT center thread. Though I guess being from Detroit, Pistons fans cant afford internet.
>>
>>63378881
Have you ever played basketball for like a team or something? Shooting the three is arguably one of the most difficult things you can do in basketball
>>
I know it sucks to say but it would be kind of funny to see Steph Curry get a Derrick Rose type injury and have it basically destroy his entire career like it did to Rose

I mean I guess Rose was different because so much of his game was explosiveness to the rim but man, seeing all the Asian GS bandwagoners and Curry circlejerk disappear would be nice.
>>
>>63378863
>>63378901
This. If anything, it's Bulls trolls out in full force. Understandable though since they're mad as hell.
>>
>>63378841
Except for the fact if steph shoots his career average 90% from the line he gets 1.8 points per possesion, compared to his 1.32 points per three point shot attempted. He averages 36% more points, and this isn't even accounting for the fact that he doesn't shoot every play.

As a dubs fan, I really hope other teams are autistic and try this.
>>
File: 4zccv794vdwtk3lhbjpv.jpg (19 KB, 299x400) Image search: [Google]
4zccv794vdwtk3lhbjpv.jpg
19 KB, 299x400
Give him cup checks when he shoots.
>>
>>63378908
I'm black and love Curry. It's nice to see a family ass dude who's not a thug dominate the NBA not through physical gifts but developing his abilities

And an MVP with a father who doesn't cry about his mother during his award speech. You never see that shit from like Tom Brady or Kevin Love but some of these niggas (Derrick Rose, Lebron) are so fucking lame about their mothers
>>
>>63378926
His free throw percentage will drop when you make it so every point he scores has to come drom the line. He will crumble under the pressure.

>>63378927
A small goon squad is a solid 21 fouls. That's enough to ruin a 4th quarter without blowing up your team.
>>
>>63378908
except curry has a ring and is part of the vanguard of a revolutionized NBA and thus has already cemented his legacy regardless of is he plays another game. drose is a bitch-made loser with no finals trips who the next generation will forget
>>
you gotta do dennis rodman shit to him

rub him on his ass and touch his dick
>>
>>63377434
Let them roll their ankles when they land on Bruce Bowen's foot.
>>
>>63378907
Maybe there should be a 4-point line too. maybe anything past half court should be 5 points. Its literally the same principle as the three point line. Its stupid, and unnecessary. It should be more difficult, because its easier to get open.
>>
>>63378970
Derrick Rose will be the first MVP to not make the HoF and won't win a ring unless he's on the bench for some super team playing garbage minutes
>>
Dell Curry beget Steph who if he begets a son will be literally the greatest NBAplayer of all time superseding his own father.

Jordan's sons had it all and failed
>>
>>63378965
Even then, he'd have to fall to something like 60% for this to be an actual viable strategy, and at that point you cant even take into account that the warriors can just play pure defensive players on account of them not having to play offense.
>>
Curry made it lads. If I made a Harden is the next GOAT thread it would be saged/archived immediately. But look at my boy, so many haters solidifying the truth of Curry's GOATness.

Feels good man
>>
>>63378999
And he's still better than Jimmy Butler.
>>
File: 12043015320450.jpg (25 KB, 628x606) Image search: [Google]
12043015320450.jpg
25 KB, 628x606
>>63379036
And still, not one viable strategy, we did it bros
>>
>>63379027
>jordans kids are a mess but lebron is a great father

whos the real GOAT
>>
Curry is the cutest player in the NBA right now most likely tbfh, imagine how cute he was at his dad's games as a kid. Best NBA player, best NBA family
>>
>>63379027

>yfw Riley Curry becomes the first woman in the NBA
>>
>>63379069
She'll probably be so adorable when she grows up, I'm guessing no more than 5'11 though. I'm sure she'd beat the average guy in a game of pick up
>>
>>63379060
Lebron: cute, loyal, good father and husband, Christian, unselfish leader

Jordan: ugly black man, only plays to win, kids hate him, believes he's God, ball hog
>>
steph cheats

he has something others don't have, the ability to get 12 points just by making 4 shots. its legit not fair
>>
>>63378208
If they won't do it, then Bogut the Bogan is gonna do it to them with his moving screens.
>>
>>63379116
Everyone can do that though, what's to prevent other people from becoming great three point shooters?
>>
>>63378634
and even worse, Delly shut him down for 2 games. How fucking embarrassing to get raped by a backup PG who had to be hospitalised because he can't play a full game?
>>
>>63379147
Why is it every Australian flag comes attached to a shit post? Just genuinely curious
>>
>>63379134
everyone can't he has a talent for this. his father was a great shooter so he was gifted with it and trained by him to be good
>>
>>63379176
You think the ability to shoot is hereditary? I don't think so, why can't Jordans kids play whatsoever?
>>
I live in the Bay Area and I'm not a Warriors fan. I'm just kind of a casual NBA fan, watching the games on TNT and ESPN

Maybe I should start watching the Warriors games... it sounds like they are some revolutionary team or something.
>>
>>63379154
because it's fun to pick on people and bring them down. It's ingrained into our lifestyle. You don't congratulate people on doing something well, you abuse them for doing something bad.
>>
Curry is really really good.
Look at all the players that will end up with no rings because of him
Durcant, Westbrick, AD, Carmelo, Harden, CP3 will all end up with no rings because of him. Even LeBeta legacy took a hit because he is going to stop at 2rings thanks to Curry.
This time 5years ago, nobody would have thought of him being a once in a generation player and redefine the way NBA is played. Would be hilarious if he make them remove the 3pt line stop his domination.
>>
>>63379116
When Steph's body adjusts to the Adderall, and it's no longer viable to abuse it, he will regress just like Aaron Rodgers before him.
>>
>>63379213
>bring them down
>Steph is asleep in bed with his wife in his million dollar home after securing his sixth consecutive victory following an MVPseries and winning his first NBA championship
No seriously, why the shitposting Australia?
>>
>>63379234
I don't care if it's hard, i'll do my best to make people feel shit.
>>
>>63379213
>founded by convicts

reasonable 2bh
>>
>>63379222
>Carmelo
To be fair that's his own fault
>>
Kyrie Irving was making Curry look like a bitch before randomly breaking his kneecap.

The Cavs have two guards to make Curry have to work on D and two that can guard him reasonably well, at least make him work for it.

When not decimated by injuries the Cavs have the offensive firepower and defensive grit to take down the Warriors.
>>
>>63379323
Why play in college and proceed to quit then? I mean Klay, Kobe, Love and Curry all have NBA dads
>>
>>63379375
Curry dropped 26pts on Kyrie
>>
File: 1443138464379.jpg (72 KB, 634x792) Image search: [Google]
1443138464379.jpg
72 KB, 634x792
Play Physical. This team is finesse. The Cavs almost beat them in finals with a 7 man rotation by just playing physical d. They won't repeat. the thunder or spurs will knock them out and possibly the clips
>>
>>63379410

Kyrie dropped 23 on a comparable performance. Two less assists, 3 less turnovers, a block on Curry at a crucial juncture late. Kyrie went toe to toe with Curry and at the very least neutralized him.

Once Kyrie went down the Cavs offense went to shit.
>>
>>63379424
Well they beat the Clips and the Thunder are losing to scrubs whereas the team /sp/ hailed would have defeated the Dubs were they healthy got decimated by them just a week ago.

So that leaves the Spurs, who lost in the first round year. With an aging roster of veterans losing to eastern conference playoff teams the Warriors seem to have pretty good chances this year
>>
Put Delly on him
>>
>>63379463
>neutralized
>Curry lead his team in points
That's a far cry from either having neutralized him or made him his bitch, even with Kyrie playing great the Cavs lost to the Warriors by an eight point margin.
>>
>>63379480
Ok, but why go to college, play ball and then quit if they're not interested in basketball? Why weren't they dominating at the collegiate level with Jordan genetics?
>>
>>63379497
because Shooting, like any kind of muscle memory activity is entirely based on how much you do it

I bet Jordan shot more balls than anybody else out there before he went pro.
>>
>>63379505
Yeah but we're discussing shooting being hereditary, try to follow along.
>>
>>63379510
it isn't hereditary at all

A guy that practices a lot will beat Jordan's kid (assuming he is a lazy fuck) every time
>>
>>63379526
Ok ugly ass nigga, I appreciate you awkwardly intercepting our discussion to agree to what I was implying.
>>
>>63379537
any time, my african american brethren
>>
>>63379424
Neither of those teams really play physical D. Kawhi is a physical defender, but he's only one person. Similarly, I don't really think anyone on the Thunder plays physically. Brodie is a physical god, but not necessarily on D.

The Cavs played physical D by necessity because they lost key rotation players. Thompson and Delly are both in-your-face type players, and Mozgov is a brick wall.
>>
>>63378293
this 2bh
>>
>>63378536
But then it ends up with Curry being guarded lightly.
>>
>>63377875
>violence makes my sport more entertaining.

go watch some wwe or ufc if u want drama or fighting you idiot
>>
>>63379225
why do you say Curry's on adderall?
>>
>>63377434
The Cavaliers with LeBitch, an Australian fuckboy, and le offensive rebound "hold out for 2 million dollars over 5 years" man won 2 games against them in the finals. They aren't even close to unbeatable.
>>
>>63378293
>furpuck
>>
>>63377785
I'd love to see this
>>
So a stacked team (2nd only to legacy Lakers and Bulls), plus the only team in playoffs without a long list of key injuries, not playing against single good team, is the reason to call Curry, who was miles away from being even considered for finals MVP, a goat?
Curry is a great shooter, great player even, but he is not even near the list of the players that actually work hard to make their teams better.
You may be offense God, and the Jesus of refball, but this never made anyone great. So far at least. And unless all of the NBA drops to the All-star defense level that will never happen.
>>
>>63377444
he'd drop 70
>>
Curry wouldn't score a point against me, granted.
I would also guide my teammates defensively, like a real time chess master.
NBA needs me and they should let me choose my teammates.
I am the strongest and most complete player in the NBA, I just need to get in a team.
>>
Make Curry work on offensive end, and pound him on the low block with bigs through pick and roll.
>>
>>63377785
>mfw always use to try hack-a-Shaq strategy against siblings when playing 2K literally anytime I was losing

I'm a terrible brother desu
>>
>>63377434
just get taller players

it's a solution for all amerishit sports: just get someone who's physically superior and you will win
>>
The ideal way to beat the warriors is to continuously drive at Curry and get him into foul trouble. Shitty ass Memphis was up by 1 at the end of the 1st because Steph sat most of the period with 3 fouls.

The other gameplan I have in mind is a little easier to pull off but less effective, have one of your irrelevant players chimp out at Draymond Green so they both get ejected. Now the warriors can't play small and you just hope Curry doesn't turn the cheat codes on.
>>
>>63379222
>Look at all the players that will end up with no rings because of him
Because of his loaded team maybe, not just because of him. The Warriors were shitty his first four seasons until they developed a stud roster and got a great coach.
>>
remember Delly keked his shit up a couple of games with his press defense

it's beatable if everyone plays hyper
>>
Wardell S. Curry is this generations Kobe. Drake isnt rapping about a Lebron or Harden.
>>
File: 720x405-109253043.jpg (113 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
720x405-109253043.jpg
113 KB, 720x405
>>63386421
>Drake isnt rapping about a Lebron or Harden.
he does tho
>>
>>63386495

Jesus Drake is so fucking white
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.