[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you can score after the ump calls the play dead why? >inb4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: CRT6xS6U8AEcI9L.jpg (54 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CRT6xS6U8AEcI9L.jpg
54 KB, 600x450
>you can score after the ump calls the play dead

why?

>inb4 read the rules
>>
watch baseball for more then a week and you can figure it out
>>
File: absolutelydisgustingbill.jpg (74 KB, 435x326) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgustingbill.jpg
74 KB, 435x326
>>62735939

>implying

worst fucking call
>>
>>62735984
Yet it rallied the team to beat the Rags.
>>
>>62735879
because it was reviewed.

how stupid are you? stop sniffing syrup, faggot
>>
the call was sound. but ump made a mistake by calling it dead too early. don't matter. jays won.
>>
>>62735984
here you go then
>>62736022
>>
>>62736022
But in any other sport, after the play is called dead, what happens after is moot, whether the call was correct or not

It just makes sense, because everyone else stops playing when the referee says "STOP"
>>
>>62736040
forgot to mention. the call was reviewed because gibbons wanted to protest the RULE not the umps judgement. It's rule 6.03 or something.
>>
It's a stupid rule that will be changed, thank fuck Texas lost
>>
>>62736077
The batter's legal position shall be with both feet within the batter's box.
APPROVED RULING: The lines defining the box are within the batter's box.
>>
>>62736072
well this isn't every other spot
>>
>>62736124
>>62736077
But no one cares about the bat and shin soo choo. Obvious Martin made an error.

What people are confused about is allowing play to continue after the ump called the play dead
>>
Read the rules
>>
>>62736132
Then theoretically why would anyone stop playing when the ump says so. I would just keep running around the bases even if he called me out, just in case
>>
>>62736165
then tell them the play did not continue and the umpires can award odor home plate on review
>>
>>62736165
yeah that's issue. but the review was raised because gibbons wanted to protest the rule. just putting it out there for people who don't know what rule he was protesting.
>>
>>62736198

>>62735939
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.