[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good was he in his prime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: i.jpg (147 KB, 1296x729) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
147 KB, 1296x729
How good was he in his prime?
>>
Not good enough to win a ring.
>>
Uh think Ricky Rubio plus a poor man's Steph Curry. But no defense. He had GOAT-level vision, handles, and shooting but his defense, his inside scoring, and (most importantly) his circumstances kept him from being an actual GOAT. D'Antoni unlocked his offensive potential but failed to build a team good enough to hide him on defense. Carlisle did it for Dirk. Kerr did it for Curry. Riley did it for Magic. All of those guys were better defenders than Nash. But put him on a team with solid wing defenders and a good rim protector and he'd have at least one ring. If the Suns traded for Tyson Chandler instead of Shaq he'd be a top 15 player.
>>
>>67878571
he was a 2xMVP so pretty damn good obviously. basically steph curry before steph curry but a better distributer. one of the best off the dribble shooters ever tho. him and amare pick and roll was a thing of beauty
>>
system babby tbf. without an all star pf hes nothing
>>
>>67878582
no he definitely was good enough to win a ring. refs colluded with the spurs to gift them a championship
>>
>>67878634
He was actively robbed of a ring in 2007
>>
>>67878702
Yeah but was gifted an MvP so I don't pity him
>>
ATG offensively, D-League level defensively
>>
Offensive savant but not really suited for play off basketball with his uber fast paced offense and no defense
>>
He is a smart guy with decent, not great skill, that tactically exploited a league containing sub average tactical intelligence levels. How good he is depends on how much you equate that to true basketball talent
>>
File: nash face.gif (1 MB, 266x268) Image search: [Google]
nash face.gif
1 MB, 266x268
I went to a Suns vs Blazers game in Phoenix like 7 months ago and they inducted Nash into the ring of honor during half-time. Dude was absolutely shitfaced and rambled on for almost a half hour, he went well over the time limit for half-time and the players were standing on the court waiting for him to finish so they could start the second half. Eventually they just cut him off, it was pretty JUST.

As for your original question, Nash is the original meme player. Curry before Curry. Decent player with a ton of weaknesses that get hidden by his good team/system, so people overrate him. He didn't deserve either MVP, but on the flip side he got absolutely robbed of a championship by the Spurs. He should be a 0 time MVP, 1 time NBA Champion and 1 time Finals MVP.
>>
>>67878931
How did he not have great skill retard
>>
Better than Stockton
>>
>>67878931
I think u mean athletic ability not skill
>>
>>67878931

subtle racism is best racism
>>
>>67878953
Robbed of a title, top 10 pg all time.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 229x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 229x343
>>67878976
>>
>>67878976
This.
>>
He was flashy but he wasn't the best all around point guard. Slightly better than Jason Williams but prime Rondo was better.
>>
>>67878759
>gifted an MVP

Before Nash Suns 29-53

After Nash Suns 62-20

33 win improvement with Nash, Best record in the league, shot 50% 40% 90%, and lead the league in assists 11.5 apg
>>
>>67879254
Rondo was a downright pathetic shooter.

Offense >>> defense
>>
File: let one rip out like a lady.jpg (108 KB, 585x1024) Image search: [Google]
let one rip out like a lady.jpg
108 KB, 585x1024
>>67878571
he made amare stoudamire and shawn marion look good.
the same way jason kidd did to richard jefferson and kenyon martin.
>>
>>67878697
>Refs colluded with the Spurs
> The NBA would set shit up for the team that almost killed it's popularity.
>>
>>67878571
underage b8
>>
>>67878634
The thing is, they tried. Raja Bell was one of the leagues best defenders. Prime Barbosa was scrappy and quick on d and Diaw wasn't fat so he could actually run
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.