[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tea/time friends. Everyone gather around and let's chat.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160325_120716.jpg (780 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160325_120716.jpg
780 KB, 1920x1920
/tea/time friends.

Everyone gather around and let's chat. What's going on in your lives? Let's talk about whatever is on your minds.

Don't be a dick.
>>
i just started getting into drinking tea, its pretty rad actually. green tea is meh, but a lot of flavored tea is great. (orange is my favorite).

I just swore-in to the Air Force yesterday, that was pretty dope. Will do some aerospace mechanics and maintenance while i go to school. Trying to become a physician's assistant.
>>
>>23540975
I have a club just like this at my school

>>23541059
that's awesome dude, good you've got it all figured out. I'm envious!

I'm on spring break in CT and all my friends had their spring break the week before so I've been doing nothing much. I want to go to anime boston but a one day ticket is 60 bucks plus two hours of driving and I don't think I can even stir up anyone to go with me at this point. I might still go just to say I did something exciting this break...
>>
Spiced Chai is my favorite tea. No sugar needed, it's sweet on its own.

I hate my job, but my mom's my boss, and I make good money, so I can't quit. I'm taking the semester off from college and I can't wait to go back. That's where I belong, not working at a gas station.
>>
>>23541059
Tea is god damn amazing, I love it. I just finished a mug of Darjeeling myself.

Good luck in the airforce man, I was Army myself, it was meh.

>>23541082
That sounds like a pretty rad school, I'm jelly. I just ate some cranberry almond bar with my tea. It's swell.

>>23541083
Chai is the best, white is really good, but its super light.

Why do you hate your job? What are you going to Uni for?
>>
>>23541083
that sounds like a rough situation, hard to tell your mom you want to quit

>>23541083
>>23541101
have you guys tried rooibos? I've had just about a hundred different teas and it's my favorite. The best is this blueberry rooibos I get every year at a con
>>
>>23541121
Rooibos always seems to be super tart to me, its just not my thing. Not had one yet that really was good to me. So I usually just stick to blacks or whites. I do tend to gravitate towards jasmines too.
>>
>>23541101
I'm also partial to oolong tea, like what they serve you at Chinese restaurants. I hate my job because it's stressful, there's too much responsibility for someone as anxiety-ridden as me, and I'm not passionate about it like I was about my uni job. I'm going to school for early childhood education, which is what I consider to be my calling in life.
>>23541121
There's a tea con?
>>
>>23541344
no, it's just a normal con with a tea booth
>>
I put soymilk with my tea, don't use sugar.

Completely unrelated but how does a younger guy find an older woman to sleep with, where are they at?
>>
>>23541344
Oolong is always nice, but its a bit earthy for my everyday taste, and a little light. But I had some really good Jasmine/oolong and chai mix, it was amazing.

I see I see, do you feel like you've grown at all doing it though? I mean I was in the military once, and while I've always been pretty outgoing, having been in and being forced to deal with people has really made me resistant to bullshit. Its easy to be assertive now... Early childhood education sounds interesting. What led you in that direction?

>>23541445
I really only use milk for black teas, and even still its a rarity. I tend to like my stuff straight up, but I do the same for coffee as well.

Well I suppose you'd have to find a bar where they hang out, or maybe make an Okcupid account or someshit. Every town has that place where the older women congregate.
>>
The girl I thought I was going to marry dumped me in 2011. Hadn't talked to her in 3 years and thought I moved on. Then suddenly out of the blue she texted me and all these feels came crashing back in like the fucking Koolade man. She has a kid now. And wants to be friends. Wtf do I do?
>>
>>23541711
This sounds like bad news man, I mean if her contacting you makes you feel that way then its no good. In my opinion you should tell her you cannot be in contact with her.
>>
>>23540975
Not much atm, work is going pretty decently It's pretty much the majority of my life right now. Just need to work on paying off my visa then saving. How about you OP?
>>
>>23541711
Man, it's rough but try to drop all contact. Who gives a fuck what she wants. You have to do what's best for you, and from experience totally dropping contact will be better for you in the long run.
>>
>>23541752
Thats good to hear, its important to feel pretty good in your day to day living. Having a decent work thing is makes life just a little bit better right?

I'm well, relaxing for the most part. Taking it as easy as possible.
>>
File: 1422301920992.gif (971 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
1422301920992.gif
971 KB, 500x490
>>23541777
Nice nice, plans for the Easter weekend at all?
>>
>>23541788
No not really, I don't celebrate stuff to be honest. Its just another day to me. All of my people are busy for the most part, I'm just watching scary movies and playing games.
>>
>>23541711
there isnt a healthy way you can just be friends with her
>>
>>23541806
Ahh same, I don't really celebrate anything either. My family does though, so I usually get dragged into it.
>>
>>23541827
Haha, well my situation is probably really bizarre. Long story long, I'm a polyamorous and my wife is Jewish, I don't live in the same country as my family, and the other people I'm seeing are out with their families. But its good to be honest, I really enjoy my me time. I like to be a hermit these days.
>>
Come on people, lets all bond!
>>
Fucking bump
>>
>>23540975
drinking dilmah

wondering how to get out of the house more
>>
>>23544383
Never had anything from Dilmah. What prevents you from getting out more?
>>
!!! Are you the same low-key, polite, articulate person who was making tea threads with photos of tea in a dark room a year ago? You are persistent.

I think I spoke to you as an Australian neuroscience student a year ago who was a bit bored of study and didn't know what to do after graduating. I ended up starting medical school this year, and now I don't know what I'll be doing after I graduate from that.
>>
>>23545010
Haha yeah that's me!

Well are you enjoying it? Do you think it was a good idea for you?
>>
I'm starting classes to get my CNA next month, kind of nervous and excited at the same time.
>>
>>23546982
Sorry, not sure how I missed this one. Do you think you'll like it? I honestly think I wouldn't be able to do something like that. It seems way too difficult. But you're strong.
>>
>>23545010
>>implies Australia has an education system

Top keks
>>
>>23548116
I think I will honestly. It seems like a great way to kind of escape my shell considering you've got to get up close and personal with people. I could definitely benefit from that.
>>
I feel really alien, like I can't relate to other people on an emotional level at all. Like I've started mindfulness meditation and like on the final stage where you're supposed to be aware of your connection to what exists outside of you, I can kinda get the sense of connection to the inanimate, and even animals I can get a sense of connection to them, but when it comes to other people there's like an obfuscation I can't pass.

I feel like I'm just going to end up more and more alone as time goes on due to only being able to creat shallow, superficial connections.
>>
>>23549172
Well that seems like a silver lining. I know doing things, especially work, that you don't want to do can feel like it's eating away at your soul. But take away what you can from the things you do not like.

>>23549263
What exactly are you trying to connect with people with? I'm sure that sounds like a dumb question but you have to really ask yourself this. I mean do you feel like you cannot understand them? Or are you struggling to emphasize with people? I won't lie, I don't feel like I really connect well with others, of course me having a shitty disposition doesn't help much, but I'm quite capable of understanding and rationalizing other people's emotions. I guess I don't get what you mean when you say you cannot connect with others. Being alone is a very real concern, but you have to ask yourself if what you're feeling is really there. I think its a normal human emotion to feel disconnected and alone.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.