[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone else want to just start over? I'm a 25 year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (931 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
931 KB, 2048x2048
does anyone else want to just start over?

I'm a 25 year old guy with a degree, a good paying job and a few friends, but I'm absolutely sick of my life. It's just the same shit all the time.

So, I think I'm going to sell some stuff, take some savings and start over. I don't know where, but I'm open to anything. I've worked in manufacturing, engineering, programming, tech support, service and construction. I have a decent enough skill set to find work anywhere.

Questions:
1. Has anyone tried this?
2. Any recommendations on where to go? I speak English and French
3. I have this idea in my head of someone doing this with me. Like...a relative stranger. Preferably female, but as long as we somewhat get along and share the same goals, I'm open-minded. I'm at least a solid 6 and have passable social skills. Anyone else feeling the same way and wanting to just say "screw it all" and try to start over somewhere else?

My life's not...bad...per se...it's just boring. I struggle with the kind of depression that makes me not want to do anything, and it subsides the most when I'm most challenged and engaged.

Seriously. I'm taking suggestions and applications.
>>
go work a shitty job.

see how much you want to start over then.

retard.
>>
>>23272099

I mean yeah there's a lot for me to be thankful for, but something's either missing or wrong with me or something, because I can't seem to just appreciate it.

So...I want to go somewhere else and do something else
>>
>>23272164
Go do something else, but I would ditch the idea of having someone do it with you. That would severely limit your options and potentially cause problems down the road, i.e. what if he/she doesn't want what you want?

Just do your thing, but do it in this order:

1. Decide where in the world you want to go. French is pretty widely spoken, you have Europe, Quebec, several island chains and many countries in Africa to choose from. English is a highly sought after skill in western europe especially.

2. Find employment BEFORE going there. This will take care of visa problems - you dont want to be job hunting in a foreign country with a time limit on your hands, trust me.

3. sell or get rid of everything you don't use or need. Pack up and go. If you end up not liking it, start back at step 1.

Giving this advice as a person who's sort of done this before (moved to France)
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.