[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chat thread. sup guys? reading philip k. dick and drinking dr. pepper.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4
chat thread. sup guys?
reading philip k. dick and drinking dr. pepper.
>>
>>23911795

ur cute
sorry bout ur bf tho
did u burn dinner?
>>
How are you doing tonight? Drinking Stouts and hanging out over here.
>>
>>23911816
i don't have a bf? i'm gay.
dinner was fine. we made shrimp alfredo.

>>23911819
doin alright i guess. just throwing lots of books on my tablet and watching old star trek movies on TV lol
>>
Do u believe in true love
>>
>>23911823
I think >>23911816 is referencing the fact it looks like you've got a serious black eye.
>>
>>23911824
absolutely!

>>23911828
ohhhhh. no i just have bad sleep schedule and dark shadows under my eyes, plus lighting in here is shit.
>>
>>23911795
hey, what's the deal with philip k dick? have heard the name, but don't know much about him
>>
>>23911832
well, he's one of the best and most famous science fiction writers of all time, but honestly i much prefer the dozen or so general fiction books he wrote. he had a slew of mental health problems too. lots of his work have been made into famous films (bladerunner, scanner darkly, minority report, etc.) and yeah, he's pretty rad.
>>
>>23911795
What do u think people want out of life or the world
>>
File: tumblr_mbbmplTLuV1r2n4ipo1_1280.jpg (311 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbbmplTLuV1r2n4ipo1_1280.jpg
311 KB, 900x1273
>>23911854
just to be comfortable/happy, really.
that or ripleys cargo loader from Aliens.
>>
>>23911837
>>23911877

See, posts like these make me real disappointed you're a lesbian.

Figures.
>>
Show feets OP
>>
>>23911928
sorry lol
>>
>>23911935
This
>>
>>23911951
>he doesn't see the posts have ids

kek

>>23911947
S'okay. Just wish I knew more ladies who appreciated Aliums.

Since you're a straight-up carpetdevourer and would probably know better than most, are all lesbians inherently bonkers?

All the ones I know are, and all of my friends (bisexual females even) have the same opinion.
>>
>>23911969
in my history, no, most lesbians aren't actually. the ones who generally are are girls who aren't sure they're gay or not and feel guilty over their indecision. but, i also don't have lots of friends and i choose my company wisely lol
>>
>>23911795
You look 12.
>>
>>23911975
i'm 26. i get this a lot :/ it's actually starting to bother me.
>>
>>23911935
>>23911951
Wow what do you know two people with the same id
>>
which book are you reading? ive been through a bunch of his sci fi, is the nonfiction more or less coherent
>>
>>23911992
idk, i think it's pretty coherent, but i've only read one so far and i also read like twenty books at once lol i just started "the man who's teeth were all exactly alike" tonight, so i can't say much of it yet, but i really loved "confessions of a crap artist" and it's easily among my favorite books of all time now, so there's that i guess.
>>
>>23911973
That would make sense I guess. Though I'm not talking about anyone closeted.

Thanks for the answer though, I suppose there's juat a bunch of psycholesbians in my area then.

>>23911975
TIL I'm a pedophile. Thanks for that, anon.

>>23911977
You look young but not THAT young. It sucks now, but you'll appreciate it in your 30s and beyond.

I'd still hit it. See above.
>>
>>23911998
i lol'd at your entire post.
just sayin.

i say it's frustrating, but i actually DO appreciate it. especially as i watch some of my friends age worse and worse and i still look 12. as for the lesbian answer, yeah, it might just be your area, but i'm sure there ARE psycho lesbians out there. there's psychos in every group though.
>>
>>23911996
confessions of a crap artist sounds like a way too conventional book for mr dick. like a cheesy warm jokey self-deprecating type thing. i hope it's not like that
>>
>>23912004
it's way fucked up, especially towards the end. it really takes some dark turns. but you have to really be into character driven, dialogue heavy stuff, and i am, so i may be biased.
>>
>>23912003
I'm flattered. Just means you have a good sense of humour, which is not helping the whole "too bad you're a less bee anne" thing.

You think their aging is bad now. Just give it another 5 years and you'll wake up one day tied to an operating table with your friends hovering over you with scalpels.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to hate on all lesbians. One of my best friends in college was a lesbian and she was really sweet, just admittedly nuts and she was well aware of it.

Where are you from?
>>
>>23912047
>Just give it another 5 years and you'll wake up one day tied to an operating table with your friends hovering over you with scalpels.

i had a dream like this once, but sexier.

i'm from california originally, now in the pacific northwest. you?
>>
>>23912061
You're killing me here.

Cali was my first guess. Do you prefer where you're at now or do you hate all the rain and miss Cali?

I'm from New York, born and raised with short stints elsewhere. Always wanted to go to Cali.
>>
>>23912076
i fucking HATE california. i grew up there and as a kid it was alright, but it just got so commercialized and overdeveloped and it's pretty now, but not "naturally pretty" and more "landscaped to be pretty". i much prefer where i am these days.

i also lived in new york when i was about 5, upstate, and that was gorgeous from what i remember. i went to a private school and sung in a school choir. those were the days.
>>
>>23912079
Sounds awful. Good thing I'd never want to live there.

Upstate, ey? I'm a Long Islandfag myself.

By upstate do you mean Westchester or do you mean upstate upstate where you can hop the border for some Tim Horton's every morning?

Sounds like you had your golden years real early. Was it all downhill for you after that big choir solo?
>>
>>23912090
no, upstate like in the woods, where washington irvings house was. i remember going to see it once. i think it was called dobs fairy if i'm not mistaken...but i was like 5 so forgive me if i am wrong lol

i...yeah i am not doing too hot. failed school completely, dropped by family for being gay, basically unemployed my entire life give or take a few article writing stints here and there. major depression too, so yeah...idk i'm trying to do better but it's hard.

and to be fair, i never really had "golden years" as much as i had years where i WASN'T abused by everyone i knew lol
>>
long face = fugly
>>
>>23912107
>dobs fairy
my sides haha

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobbs_Ferry,_New_York

If you had said Dubs Fairy, I'd have probably died laughing.

But yeah, that's in Westchester which is upstate to NYC/LIfags like me but most people from there get annoyed when you say Westchester is upstate.

As for your personal shit, I'm sorry. As a fellow depressed unemployed dropout black sheep 20something (though I haven't been disowned, never thought a family from fucking Commiefornia of all places would pull that shit, Jesus Christ), you have all of my fucking sympathies.

Well, shit. Now it feels even more awkward to have this 12 year old lesbian-induced boner.
>>
>>23912153
>dubs fairy
shit, i just about lost it. to be fair, it's like 2:30 in the morning here and i'm exhausted so it's understandable that i'd fuck up and type "fairy". either that, or i really am super gay. but yeah it was great from what i remember.

well, at least you can somewhat comprehend where i'm coming from. it really smarts, dude. i really have been deeply suicidal at times and just kind of have to deal with my emotional shit on a day to day basis at this point.

i'd love to go to school one day and become a kindergarten teacher but the odds of that happening are about as likely as me ending up happy.

oh well, at least there's always video games. any reason YOU'RE a black sheep?
>>
>>23912187
I feel you, it's almost fucking 6 here. Only awake cause I've got this stomachache.

Serves me right for eating cheap Mexican food. Even Taco Bell's never been this bad, fucking hell.

>or I really am super gay
Thanks for making that joke. I pussied out because I've said the word lesbian in this thread at least 20 times already and even I'm socially apt enough to know I should probably shut the fuck up.

Oh, I definitely know where you're coming from. Been there, shit sucks.

Jesus, you're just really putting it all out there. Getting me right in the feels.

Well the whole

>unemployed
>depressed
>dropout

Bit is a good start. There's more, but I'll admit I'm not big on sharing with the class.

At least embarrassing myself by shamelessly hitting on a lesbian is fun and good for laughs, embarrassing myself by talking about my shit life lacks those perks.

But you're right, at least there's always vidya.

What are you playing these days?
>>
>>23912219
>Thanks for making that joke
no problem, i do what i can.

>There's more, but I'll admit I'm not big on sharing with the class.
i understand, i'm just in a sorta talkative mindset tonight. you can always give me your email if you wanna chat more.

>At least embarrassing myself by shamelessly hitting on a lesbian is fun and good for laughs
and i shamelessly enjoy attention, cause i'm a girl *twirl hair around finger vapidly*

well my gf just started okami for the wii but it's a bit muddled and we may go back to the ps2 version. i'm currently playing through remember me, still doing some skyrim and we're gonna do another run through in catherine sometime soon.
>>
>>23911795
A scanner darkly is my favorite book ever. More so than Dune, which is saying a lot.
>>
File: WP_20160611_06_40_59_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160611_06_40_59_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
>>23912254
Are you not usually this talkative?

>and I shamelessly enjoy attention because I'm a grill

kek. At least you own up to it.

>Okami

My niggress. I've got both versions too (pic related, can't find my Wii copy atm). I'd have HD if I owned a PS3. Surprised you don't have it either then, what consoles do you have?

>Catherine

Damn, you and your SO have good taste.

>Skyrim

Gonna have to subtract points for that one.
>>
>>23912254
>>23912278

Almost forgot

>lesbian playing a game with a cover that focuses on a girl's hot French ass

blueisthewarmestcolor.jpg

Also a good game though. I recommend getting the Combo Lab DLC if you don't already have it.
>>
>>23912278
>>23912284
we own a wii and 360 currently. the wii she modded the fuck out of and now we mostly run emus and use it as part of our media server. we have lots of old game systems too, but those are what we mostly use. also, catherine was excellent, if not a BIT slow at times. as for skyirm, she's way into rpgs and i play it mostly as mindless gaming entertainment to pass the time.

also, blue is the warmest color might be the raunchiest film on netflix. we actually watched that last year on a whim. god damn that shit is beyond sexual. remember me is cool, but it's taking me a bit to REALLY get into it.
>>
any nudes?
>>
>>23912357
Flattered you're interested, but can't help you there anon. ;)

>>23912355
>softmodded Wii

Truly the best use of the system. I have a Wii and a 360 too, as well as an Xbone and kind of a gaming PC.

Agreed on Catherine. Tell your woman there are better RPGs to play than Skyrim. You two excited for the possible Elder Scrolls VI announcement next week at E3?

Haven't watched the movie, just know about the memes. I figured that shit'd be required viewing for lesbian couples.

Are you bored by the story or by the gameplay?
>>
>>23911795
which book?
>>
>>23912413
>Flattered you're interested, but can't help you there anon. ;)

I'm very sad :(
>>
>>23912413
she knows damn well there's way better rpgs. she's super into old final fantasy, plus tons others. skyrim is just something i'd bought years ago and she gained interest in. both consoles were mine before we got together, so she sort of has just been playing what was once my game library lol as far as announcements go, we're much more interested in any new mass effect news.

the thing with catherine that took me a bit to get into was just how plodding it can be. especially the bar scenes. i recognize it's integral to the plot and everything, what with it's how you help save people in the dream world, but still, it's an oddly paced game unlike anything i've played before, so it just took a little getting used to.

>>23912425
'the man who's teeth were all exactly alike"
>>
>>23911837
>lots of his work have been made into famous films (bladerunner, scanner darkly, minority report, etc.)

Never met anyone who's seen A Scanner Darkly, I fucking love it, took me a few watches to completely understand it.
>>
>>23914512
i went to film school for about 2 years, and so i know quite a bit about film. i also love stuff that's stylistically different or unique, so that's certainly on that scale lol
>>
>>23914535
Goddamn it, I wish I knew some film school kids. For all the multicultural gen-ed classes I had to take aside from my major specific stuff, I took a bunch of foreign film classes to satisfy the requirements, so I practically have a film minor but know nobody in that major.
>>
if I can't go to the pool, I should at least have some sick ass carrying to do on dota, right
>>
we're makin ribs for dinner. what's everyone else up to?
>>
>>23914977
Jelly af, dying in this heat. Mind sharing some of that food though?
>>
Listening to the audiobook of "End of watch" by Stephen King and eating potatoe noodles with chicken and cheese.
>>
>>23912545
Sorry femanon/faggot.

>>23914282
Alright, she earns points back for liking old FF. She'll probably be excited for the rumoured FF12HD announcement.

The bar scenes definitely pad Catherine playthroughs, but they're also what add the most replayability to the game.

>film school

Do you lurk /tv/ then?

>>23914565
Just be glad your school has it as a major. I took a theatre/film class and I liked it enough to consider a minor in it but it had a ton of reqs because it was the closest thing to a major the school had.

At least I got to be taught by Gomez Addams. Fun fact, he's a huge DCfag and talking about their comics is what made him like me enough to add me to his class last minute (saved my ass because I wouldn't have had enough credits to be considered full-time without him). Based dude.

>>23914977
Made burgers myself.

Also melting in this heat, and watching this Friday the 13th/Elm Street marathon on SciFi.

>>23915002
I got you broseph. I always make a ton.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-12-00-24-17.png (1 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-12-00-24-17.png
1 MB, 720x1280
>>23911795
You look a lot like the girl who plays Yara on GoT.

Speaking of which, this is my night.

Minus the Cosmo magazine, that isn't mine.
>>
>>23915908
sorry for disappearing, i had dinner and then went into a deep depression...how's everyone doing?
>>
>>23916222
Seems to me like everybody died about an hour ago.
>>
>>23916253
wish i had died an hour ago.
stupid depression.

what're you doin?
>>
>>23916258
Reading a Clash of Kings and being drunk.

Why the fuck is the board dedicated to being social so dead?
>>
>>23911795
Your nose looks like an uncircumsized johnson
>>
>>23911795
You look like Anne Frank
>>
>>23916326
Because most of the social interaction takes place elsewhere (Skype, kik, etc).

And I think a decent amount of anons from here got fed up with this board and went full /r9k/.

In their place, we have a 1000% more trap threads. Hooray?

>>23916130
Fitting you'd compare her to Yara given how she's randomly a lesbian in the show now, kek.

>>23916222
No big deal. I've had a pretty down day myself.

What happened?
>>
>>23911795

how about you read my philip k dick
with your mouth
>>
8:22am here, anyone up to talk up a bit ? I'm pretty bored.
Listening music and looking blankly my screen is not enough to entertain me.
>>
>>23916602
Allo anon.
>>
>>23916615
Hoy. What's up? How's your day ?
>>
>>23911795
Hi
>>
>>23916558
don't really know what's got me down. i just have severe manic depression, and it's really getting at me tonight.

>>23916602
hey, what's up.
>>
>>23916558
This is the first time I've been on /soc/ in 2-3 years and I already noticed the fucking trap threads. I can't even go on /b/ anymore, it's literally all dicks and male assholes, paired with "trap" threads.

I seriously just come on 4chan for the drinking/drug threads, but all I see now are buttholes. Or what appears to be a woman, but is really a dude.

What the fuck happened? I'm all for homos having rights and what not, but I didn't expect this shit. Everything that isn't a gay thread now is cartooned pictures of kids, or people snapping shots of random fucking feet.

>>23916558
I said she looks like Yara because she actually kind of looks like her. The lesbianism is just a plus, lol
>>
>>23916630
Hi. Thanks for asking, as i said, 8am and bored. Should probably go to sleep, but i'm overthinking about random stuff and listening good music. How are you doing, yourself ?
>>
Hello. From yet another drunken anon. lol
>>
>>23916638
same, really. just music and overthinking things. trying to get some creative writing done, but not having much success. had ribs for dinner though, so that was a plus.

>>23916643
welcome. how're you doing?
>>
>>23916655
What are you listening to, mate ? Here, i had just meatballs, that's all.
And overthinking about what if it's not to much to ask?
>>
>>23916655
What you listening to?

I have a lot of weird mixes on spotify, I'm on some mid 2000's alt/emo-type of shit right now. Not exactly sure what I'd really call it, and not proud to admit it to anybody I know personally
>>
>>23916655
Not too well, I (usually) only drink if I'm horny or depressed.

I'm just fucking around on my guitar.
>>
>>23916624
Not much, watching Friday the 13th marathon on SciFi and chatting on Skype.

Day sucked massive amounts of dick, but I'll live.

How was your day?

>>23916630
Sucks. Sometimes I don't know what's worse, being depressed over something you're helpless to change or being depressed over nothing.

>>23916637
Been about 2 years since I've been on /soc/ and I know exactly what you mean. I don't really go on /b/, but I'm not surprised.

Site is basically going extreme in its embrace of trap degeneracy. That and the cuck stuff.

>Yara

I agree with your initial assessment, I just thought it was funny how that turned out.
>>
>>23916680
Seems we all are getting a harsh night / day, today.
>>
>>23916676
>>23916664
various tracks in an mp3 folder on my external drive ranging anywhere from everclear to regina spektor to warren zevon. overthinking about life in general. shit i can't change that happened years ago. that kinda crap.

>>23916680
are you depressed tonight?

>>23916686
sadly i suffer from both ends constantly lol
>>
>>23916686
Only getting started and already want to be drunk to make it pass way faster.

>>23916696
>shit i can't change that happened years ago
I know your feel.
>>
>>23916696
Yup, but that's nothing new for me.
The last good book I read was "Without Remorse" by Tom Clancy

>>23916689
It seems that way, but for me good days are hard to come by.
>>
>>23916709
last book i finished was probably...'girlfriend in a coma' by douglas coupland. great if not weird, but that's coupland for ya.
>>
Last one i finished was Hyperion by Dan Simmons. Pretty good.
>>
>>23916722
I don't know if I'll check it out, to me it seems like "A fault in our stars", written to tug at the heart strings a bit too much, although probably written a whole hell of a lot better.
Personally, I'm not much of a fan of that. "Without Remorse" is essentially a love story, but it isn't told in a way that deliberately messes with your emotions as a reader.
>>
>>23916696
>shit that happened that I can't change

Well, then why think about it? I did a lot of retarded shit when I was younger that caused me to lose a lot of friends, but shit that happened years ago shouldn't bother you in the present. Accept whatever happened and just move on. Clearly some people are better at moving on than others, but still, same shit.

Stop being a pussy, accept that you look like Yara, and roll with it. It really could be the best thing that's ever happened to you
>>
>>23916744
no, god no, please don't ever compare coupland to john green. ugh lol it's not what you think it is, especially the second half of the book.
>>
>>23916764
Fair point. Authors that have been around for quite a long time tend to be better than those who are newer.
>>
>>23916764
Sad when this is the most popular thread.
>>
>>23916796
Then let's talk about the book "Lolita". I personally loved it, and think of it as a masterpiece.
>>
Damn. Didn't think the thread go to shit without me.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.