[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get an OkCupid thread going, here? Post your profile,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: okstupid.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
okstupid.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
Can we get an OkCupid thread going, here?

Post your profile, rate others, offer general online dating advice, get dates
>>
I'll post mine for starters

okcupid.com/profile/LeftClickMyFace
>>
>>23859567
I've got no advice, just that you look like a cool dude 7/10 would totally go for a beer with you

Okcupid.com/profile/RedNightHawk
>>
I know it's plain, but it's mine.
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/JCRickards
>>
File: profile.jpg (279 KB, 940x1438) Image search: [Google]
profile.jpg
279 KB, 940x1438
In the last week I have gotten 2 visitors. When I first remade the account (I deleted my old one because the username was bad and you can't do that as a regular user) I got about a dozen views and five likes. That was about 3 weeks ago before I even really bothered filling out most of my profile or answering most of the questions. What do

fuck you I won't post my photos
>>
>>23859567
Awh. You're cute. There isn't anything really BAD about your profile. There are maybe areas that seem a little try-hard. You have a good set of pictures.

>>23860826
It's a little bare, I can't get much info from what you have. There's nothing for me to really start a conversation from. Also, one of my pet peeves is when someone puts food/air/etc. in the Things I Can't Live Without. It's a great section for someone to learn something about you and I think that using that overused joke is kind of a waste.
Other than that you seem like a normal guy and you're also a cutey. Add more pictures!

>>23861608
Why no pics?
To start off, you're self-summ starts off a little whiney. Never ever put anything too negative in your profile, even if you believe it to be true. Your profile also reads kind of resumé-ish. You're not trying to sell your field of work or hobbies, you're trying to sell more of your personality!
Also read above for the Things I Can't Do Without section.
>>
>>23859567
>Okcupid.com/profile/LeftClickMyFace

Your profile is good in my opinion. You have a good set of pictures, since they are not only selfies and such. ( which I do ;'( )

>>23860753
I like your 6 things you could never do without, but your summary is a bit too small.

Mine, can't believe I am doing this but okay haha: https://www.okcupid.com/profile/DarkInsignia
>>
>>23860826
Seconded on getting more pics. You're a nice looking dude! Had I not just moved out of NOVA, I would have totes gotten drinks with you :)
>>
And I just want to add some general advice, since I've had some moderate success with OKC (I get messaged first by girls at least once a week, and guys two times). I've had a lot of fun dates, too.

Make sure you have a hook! There's a section on my profile (about mispronouncing a word) that gets a lot of attention. Half of my first messages talk about it.

And be ready to learn, too. When I started off, I sucked. Now, two years later, I'm better. Practice makes perfect.
>>
I made some improvements from >>23861608

https://www.okcupid.com/profile/notasandvich

Still wondering why I get so few views in the last week or so
>>
>>23861608
I'd use your second pic as your main pic. Hiding your face behind the sunglasses won't help you much. And I'd try and get more non-sunglasses pictures :)

>putting myself out their

Spellcheck, btw.
>>
Ended up meeting one great person already, but I don't think she has any interest in me. Most women tend not even respond back to my messages so I'd appreciate help on mine.

okcupid.com/profile/badtasteinmovies

>>23859567
Enjoyed reading about you. Don't have any feedback at all.

>>23860753
Wouldn't recommend starting off with calling yourself an average guy. While it's good to be humble, who wants average?

>>23862287
Quality updates from
>>23861608
Maybe reword the trying to get into a relationship for the 1st time part.

>>23860826
You seem awesome dude. And while I can probably go on about cars and cabinetry, doubt many can. Bring up some other interests too.
>>
>>23859368
never tried OKC before. Do you have to pay for any actual stuff?
>>
>>23864022
Surprisingly no. Lets you message and fully view profiles and answers for free. If you pay premiums you get to see who "likes" you, can view a full record of your visitors, can browse privately and your profile is promoted more.
>>
>>23864037
>If you pay premiums you get to see who "likes" you,
that sounds kind of lame. The others less so.
So if I'm on there and I want to know if someone's interested (which is the point of a dating site) I have to pay? Really? But I'm fine to browse users?
>>
>>23864046
I guess. Haven't jumped to premiums, but I operate on if I like someone, I send them a message. Imagine others do too.

And yes, you're free to browse users and search without interruption.
>>
how do you guys come up with usernames if you're not using your real names?
>>
>>23864065

If you don't know how to come up with user names, the internet may not be for you.
>>
Here's mine, it needs to be whipped into shape

https://www.okcupid.com/profile
>>
okcupid.com/profile/tribalskygod

I know I'm limited in options because of the open relationship thing, but even other people in open relationships aren't replying. I figure I'm missing something big. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>23864295
A few things.
1) I wouldn't post post a picture of you and your SO kissing. That's a bit much.
2) It's generally NOT a good idea for a guy to talk about sex no his profile. It's a given you want it. You're coming off as a bit too forward. Tone It down.
>>
>>23864295
could also be because you're short as fuck
>>
>>23864589
ty

>>23864688
i know right
>tfw manlet
>>
>>23864018
You're super cute. I'd totally go have coffee and shoot the shit with ya
>>
File: brain problem.jpg (49 KB, 583x381) Image search: [Google]
brain problem.jpg
49 KB, 583x381
So hear me out /soc/:

The main reason I bothered to join Tinder and OKC and any other "dating" site was not to actually get a date but to just get some kind of attention from the opposite sex. I am still too much of a beta faggot to ever bother trying to get a date and even trying to interact with woman would only end in humiliation for me (I strongly assume)

Am I a huge chad? Am I wasting my and everyone else's time even though I am not even bothering to message anyone?
>>
>>23865546
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/makotoson

I set my profile up on my phone, each of the little squares is a tiger emoji. Give honest feedback please. I'm trying to target aggressive, dominant males who'll destroy my cunt for me.

I'm a bitch, if you don't like my advice, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>>23859567
I'd be down to chill and hang out with you.. but you seem like a nice guy. I shred nice guys like the Mexican shredded cheese in my fridge.

>>23860753
>romantic
>suave
These are perfect for the simple girl. This is what they like, to be swooned off their feet. I preferred to be slapped in the face and thrown onto a bed but beggars can't be choosers.

>>23860826
5/10 average joe imo. You seem like a safe choice. Someone to bring home to mom, if I had a mom. I do, she's a cunt.

>>23861608
Don't excuse your grammar. Fix it.

>>23864018
Answer more questions. I look at the traits first. Handsome. I want to meet that dog.
>no sex questions answered.
wat

>>23864295
Your so is adorable. I'd meet you to fuck her.
>>
>>23865753
>>23865546
oops, didn't mean to tag you.
>>
>>23865753
>Your so is adorable. I'd meet you to fuck her.
I get that a lot.
>>
I made a Tinder, but uh
The amount of girls I've actually messaged I could probably count on one hand (not just ones who reply, I mean total)

I think I might be using this improperly
>>
>>23861849
pls
>>
>>23865926

You're correct. Tinder is the numbers game in a convenient handheld format. No risk, no reward my friend. Step out of your comfort zone and message some people.
>>
>>23865753
I'll get to work on the questions. I honestly haven't even looked at those on profiles yet though. Do you think most folks are like you with them?
>>
Www.okcupid.com/profile/matt5888
Any tips for my profile?
>>
ask a guy who's fucked over 30 girls on okcupid anything
>>
>>23865753
u can shred me any day bb
>>23867623
"Honestly not too sure what to write here. I'" <- remove that part

Are you doing anything else besides trucking? Hobbies etc?

>>23867655
why r u a stud
>>
>>23867665
I have aquariums, like music don't really have a lot of hoobies, do long walks count?
>>
>>23867665
started off with lowered standards, ended up learning that i'm pretty good at talking to people. i'm also pretty qt. average height, though.

one thing i've learned is that white women are a lot harder to get than ethnic women when you're not white! too bad that's all i'm attracted to.
>>
>>23867677
Yeah, it could., same with taking care of pets Generally though, I'd try and add something else besides work for what you're doing with your life. Make yourself sound like you have a few things going on :)
>>
>>23867684
Thanks for the tips man. Any tips onhow to get replies lol
>>
>>23867693
Share a first message you've sent.

All the works for me is being a little witty with my openers. It's kinda tricky though, for all guys.
>>
>>23867698
Here's one I sent not to long ago lol.
I was thinking of something clever to say so you would reply and honestly I couldn't think of anything so I'll just tell you a joke instead. What did the fish say when he swam into a wall? Dam.
>>
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/Deckofcards8/

I've had this for a bit. I manage to get a few dates every now and again and replies well enough, although the conversations don't last long
>>
Might as well give this a shot
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/a2bamcakes
>>
File: dicks.png (524 KB, 1029x1372) Image search: [Google]
dicks.png
524 KB, 1029x1372
I need help, I updated photos because most didn't have my face and now I'm getting more likes and responses, but I'm not sure how to proceed.
>>
>>23867655
are you ripped?
>>
>>23868137
nah. in fact i was a tad chubby for a while. now i'm just skinny.

i really should start working out, though.
>>
>>23868143
post profile bro
>>
>>23868164
honestly would rather stay anonymous. last time i posted it on one of these threads some dude tried to dox me.

wasn't the right info, but it was pretty spooky.
>>
>>23868168
post without pics and username? unless he somehow knew your okc profile
>>
>>23867608
Possibly. Girls are looking to date on okc. Few just to fuck. If I enjoy the fuck enough then maybe I'll date.
>>
So my profile still seems to attracting next to no traffic, despite lots of improvements to it thanks to advice in this thread. Is it really just a matter of taking good pictures/being physically attractive that'll get you more visitors or are their other things I can do?
>>
updated a few things
okcupid.com/profile/tribalskygod

any further comments?
>>
>>23859368
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/Dolce_Con_Delore/
I swear I was looking for this thread and couldn't find it!
I almost considered starting a new one.

Any helpful advice and critique would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>23870486
Better! I'd say you've made some good improvements.
>>23872001
Probably a personal preference of mine, but, I think you're opening section is a bit too long, and a lot of it could be condensed.
Maybe get some pictures of you playing instruments?
>>
>>23859567
>okcupid.com/profile/LeftClickMyFace
>from MA
>named Dan
>bisexual
>5'8"
Stop being me
>>
>>23872211
Thanks, I'll do that!

Your profile was cute, btw. You seem like a cool dude.
>>
i just deleted mine again because i only get shit messages anyway
>>
>>23873409
At least you get messaged. I have had several accounts over the course of 2 years and I have never once gotten a message

[spoiler]then again I am a dude[/spoiler]
>>
I'm a guy. I'm 73 years old. I've had a profile on OKC for some time (years). I get all the activity I want (profile views, messages, contacts, etc.)
My question is: recently, 25-35 year olds have been viewing my profile and [*LIKE]ing me. They're always within a few miles to ~100 miles of my location. Generally they contact me with some sweet comment. When I respond they usually want to go to private email. Whether we stay on OKC or go to gmail/yahoo/whatever it only takes a message or two to spot all the flaws in their story. Instead of being local to me they're of a different age and (usually) a nursing student in Nigeria or Ghana. I just report them and their profile disappears. What do they really want?

tl:dr; What is this Nigerian nurse scam and how does it work?
>>
Does boosting do anything worth while other then sucker you out of more money?
>>
>>23874221
atleast you get replied to here. xD
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.