[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever think how insane it is totally random choices or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Do you ever think how insane it is totally random choices or circumstances beyond your control can shape your life? Being ugly, being short, being sickly? You're innately and infinitely more disavantaged. How many girls have brushed you off cause you look creepy? How many sports and friends have you been cheated out of? What if you're awkward or stupid? Only other boring, awkward, stupid people will love you. I'm 5'8 and have bad asthma - people insult me on and while it rolls off my back, how would my suicide not be justified? Or the suicide of people in far worse circumstances? My life is still pretty good, but I can't help but manage to fail the grasp the inherent meaning in such a dark, vacuous universe. I'll never have children cause I'd hate them to suffer, not just like me, but how we all suffer. It's like a video game, where random but incredibly rich and worthwhile experiences are left missing with no way to restore them.

I'm not trying to vent, but how do we, the face/body/dick rating fanstics that we are, overlook that 'hey, I'm always gonna get 5.5'.

I feel like this is more a male phenomenon but a woman's thought would be interesting.
>>
that feel when I'm handsome and 6 ft but I know that illness feels
well a-at least I'm not ugly
>>
>>23773688
What's wrong?
>>
>>23773704
born with a feet deformity, had surgeries as an infant
I can do sports but the feet cause me a good deal of discomfort and pain, and are a source of insecurity.
Also some lesser issues.
>>
>>23773684
I'm really curious to see you now and give you advice.
>>
>>23773723
What do you mean?
>>23773714
That sucks anon. For what it's worth I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. I never notice feet
>>
>>23773684

>>23773684

The universe has no meaning. The entire existence of life on earth having evolved from the primordial soup is due to an insane chain of events and unlikely circumstances - the odds of our coming into existence were astronomically low. The fact that our species became sentient due to evolutionary influences is just another small miracle.

So yes, it is insane how the tiniest of circumstances can completely change your life. We are still animals and we select mates based on perceived health and ability to care for offspring - speaking from an evolutionary standpoint. That translates into liking fit, rich, "healthy" people. Other circumstances like cultural factors can be added on top of that.

No, it doesn't make sense in the context of a world where the survival of the fittest no longer applies to a vast portion of the human population. That's just how that way of thinking came to be. You do what you can with the cards you're dealt until you die - that's the nature of existence. It could always be worse, it could always be better; but it doesn't really matter. You have no choice but to do the best with what you've got. It's the burden of being a sentient creature with a temporary existence. Everybody has to deal with it.
>>
>>23773761
I fully understand and think that's a nuch better way of articulating it, but then do you agree we have the rghr to chose when to opt out?
>>
>>23773739
We'll that whole post you're talking about the way you look being beyond your control
>>
>>23773771

Of course - but only if you don't have other people who depend on you for their own existence (i.e. children).

However, suicide seems cowardly and pointless to me. You're guaranteed to die anyway, and the human lifespan is a blink of an eye when viewed from a larger perspective, so why not just live as long as you can until you die?

I admit I'm not clinically depressed, so existence isn't suffering for me. I understand if every waking moment is agony the need to end it all. However I think a lot of times people lose sight of the big picture and kill themselves for silly reasons - like getting dumped or losing their job. Shit like that doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>23773784
No I understand that, but at a certain point you can't put make up on a pig
>>23773790
I agree. Too often perfectly normal people crack in big moments
>>
>>23773797
No, you can't but you can give the pig a haircut better clothes and have it adapt it's posture.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.