[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /social retard/ here. How has it affected you? Do you feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
Who /social retard/ here.

How has it affected you?
Do you feel your looks played a role in it? (Post em)
Any other social retard feels welcome.

This thread is for actual social losers, normos need not post.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 640x1138) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 640x1138
>>
>>23662274
Grew up with anxiety, and diagnoses for adhd and aspergers. I took a bunch of different medications growing up but it never really helped how innately awkward I was. When I went to high school, a short bus came to my house to pick me up and drop me off every day for those four years, and I know people recognize me from those days just being on the bus. Plenty of people have pointed out flaws about me and while I don't truly care about my flaws I dislike being judged solely on them.
>>
File: 1460825159945.jpg (85 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1460825159945.jpg
85 KB, 1024x683
Total failure here. It's all my own fault and I'm working to fix my life because I'm miserable.

Wasted the past 2 years literally not leaving the house except for work and groceries. And I wasn't even doing anything, just internet.

I've got a plan and things are starting to slowly get better though.
>>
File: Chan (2).jpg (3 MB, 4704x4144) Image search: [Google]
Chan (2).jpg
3 MB, 4704x4144
>>23662274
I've got a minor anxiety disorder, but I feel like just stating that in itself is a cop-out excuse. I'm pretty social if I'm around people I enjoy. Only time I've ever had "social retard" moments is around women. Not afraid of them, and can talk to them quite well, but I don't manage to pick up on flirty behaviors. I've had times where friends have told me "Were you just not interested in her?" and I had no clue what they were talking about, only for them to explain to me "She was hitting on you, you god damned idiot." I only REALLY realized how bad it was when I went to a concert on my own a while back, and this girl came out of nowhere, was chatting me up, offered to buy me beers, and said things like "I came here alone, so I figured I'd be here alone with you."

When telling a friend this (I honestly thought she was just being social and friendly, I mean for fuck's sake it's a concert), she texted me "ANON YOU FUCKING MORON SHE WAS TRYING TO FLIRT WITH YOU. MY GOD I NEVER THOUGHT ANYONE WAS THIS CLUELESS."

Thing is I had the thought "Is she flirting?" in the back of my mind the whole time, but kept brushing it off because I was thinking that if she was into me in any way, she would have just been obvious/told me about it, and also thinking "Assuming she was flirting, why would she be flirting with ME out of everyone here?"

I've had this happen for the past few years of my life, and other stories of the same level of "flirting" but not gonna type them all out. I've been talking to my femanon friend who called me a moron over it, and I guess I have the self esteem, but no social confidence, or at least not enough to think a woman would flirt with me without just outright saying "Hey, I like you." And according to her, me brushing everything off as friendly has cost me a few chances with girls.

>You said post em so pic relate
>>
>>23662344
At least you are trying to get back on track, I don't consider that a total failure. What's your game plan by the way?
>>23662316
All those medications do is make it worse from what I've found. I don't want to be "that guy" but I found just dealing with the anxiety inwardly has helped much more than the drugs I was given (and stopped taking). Also fuck the people that judge you based on your flaws because they aren't perfect either.
>>23662390
I can certainly relate with you, I can't pick up on flirting either to save my life. I always just assume there is no way a person could be interested in me, which is pretty self destructive behavior. I guess people like us just got to find a way to practice more.
>>
>>23662401
I know meds don't do anything worthwhile, but I've spent most of my life on them and when my mother told me I had aspergers when I was 15 years old, it really fucked with me
>>
>>23662401
I mean, without sounding arrogant, I feel I'm good enough looking to where I shouldn't have THAT much trouble finding someone interested, but in the moment I think "Yeah, no way she's flirting with me." I think it's because I know myself more than any girl does. So she might see a guy that she likes, but I see a guy that doesn't really have a desirable personality. I mean, I'm not a completely despicable prick, but I know sometimes my dark humor and "If you don't like me, so be it" attitude has made me a few low-tier enemies.
>>
>>23662401
Well part of it was just frustration with my life, my job and living situation, stuck in the ghetto in a really expensive area, terrible job killed self esteem etc. I'm moving soon though to somewhere where I think I can actually do better for myself and I'm going to start a real intense workout regimen to at least look good for the girls. Yeah my personality is still shit but it's better than being a lardass.

Basically just teach myself to lower my standards, I mean friends I don't like that much are better than no friends, a fat girl is better than no pussy etc. Getting over myself I guess.
>>
File: itreallydoes.png (489 KB, 495x546) Image search: [Google]
itreallydoes.png
489 KB, 495x546
>>23662274
I think I have handsome facial features (I'm told I look like Ryan Gosling) and a nice body, which I work my ass of for, but I had a root canal done on one of my front teeth when I was little and I guess they didn't bleach the inside of the porcelain cap or some shit, so now it's gray as death. As a result, I'm very insecure about meeting new people and smiling/laughing in front of anybody. I don't have dental insurance, so if I ever want to fix their fuck up, I have to pay for it myself or get a new job that has decent benefits. However, I work in a trade, and the only way I can really get benefits is by joining the Union, which I really don't want to do. I like where I'm at.
>>
>>23662476
Actually, come to think of it, having insurance or not is irrelevant. They wouldn't cover it unless it was injury-related.

Anybody feel like punching me in the face as hard as humanly possible?
>>
>>23662462
Good for you man, sometimes change is exactly what you need to jumpstart a better life. Also I get what you are saying about the friend/gf stuff, but you still got to set standards for yourself. Don't want to see you thriving in a new area just to be depressed that you aren't attracted to your girl and your friends hate you, when you could avoid that, y'know?
>>
I have grown up in rural areas and gone to small schools all my life, also grew up with a dad or really any older male and have always been super awkward around guys, whether they be my age or teachers etc. Also mixed race in a white area was hard, never had any bullying or anything but just the constant feeling of alienation and being different. Always been super interested in guys though so when I was 16 and started talking to some guy who seemed to like me and wanted to meet me I was overjoyed but also nervous and took the opportunity. Started dating, lost my virginity to him and got me into drugs. Looking back we never really talked or did things that made me properly happy, just kind of filled a hole that I felt I had. After a while I realised I didn't like what the relationship was doing to me and broke it off and started seeing a 52 year old guy who I still see. Haven't had a boyfriend since and I don't really talk anyone, I have one close friend but I find it hard to talk to anyone else so I just kind of exist and try and get through highschool with regular neurotic breakdowns
this post doesn't really make sense but u_uuuuu
>>
File: IMG_1802.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1802.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I was pretty chunky throughout middle/HS, and my self-esteem really sucked. So I was bitter and introverted; as a result I'm a gamerfag and was hooked on drugs to help cope/keep me from an-hero. Went to prison for drugs, got out and don't know anyone around here. lost a bunch of weight, but not used to the attention from females or able to read them AT ALL. on parole, so no bars/parties, no way to socialize other than interwebz (which isnt working out well either). working as a grill cook at a nearby bar & grill (ironic lol) and have a couple cute waitresses there, 2 of which i think are into me but any attempt to hang out is shot down.
Pic related, me with Trivium backstage. not best pic of me, but fairly recent
>>
>>23662488
>just to be depressed that you aren't attracted to your girl and your friends hate you, when you could avoid that
Kind of, IDK. I made this thread >>>/adv/17050624
>>
Just be yourself. It worked for me.
>>
>>23663648
it doesn't work if youre unagreeable as a person or just spout dumb shit all the time when youre being yourself
like me
>>
social invalid present
>but not always accounted for
Are you looking for a friend who doesn't judge you based on looks or neet (or other possibly generally undesirable) status?
Need someone who understands (or doesn't) your socially inept reality?
Or do you just enjoy chatting with a stranger who uses Jameson as an excuse to listen to Slim Shady louder than anyone approves?
Then maybe this kik is right for you!
> Copathetic

**A lot of people ask me, stupid fuckin' questions
A lot of people think that, what I say on record
Or what I talk about on a record, that I actually do in real life
Or that I believe in it
Or if I say that, I want to kill somebody, that
I'm actually gonna do it
Or that I believe in it
Well, shit, if you believe that
Then I'll kill you
>>
>>23662485
Kind of, yes.

My mom has a dead, grey tooth. It is what it is, man. It isn't rotting or missing, so as long as it doesn't look drug-related, my experience is that most people don't care.
>Smile for me, daddy.
>You wanna see me what?
>>
File: image.jpg (356 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356 KB, 1280x960
>>
File: gamergf.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2592) Image search: [Google]
gamergf.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2592
>>23665117
>>
>>23662274
I have a small group of friends (maybe 5 or 6) all of whom are geeks or weeaboos because I have no idea how to talk to attractive people

do i count
>>
>>23662476
I totally feel you. One of my front teeth fell out (all the way, too) and until I get it fixed I feel incredibly self-conscious about smiling or showing my teeth.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.