[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest,how repulsive is acne? Pic related is almost exactly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: adult-acne.jpg (26 KB, 673x447) Image search: [Google]
adult-acne.jpg
26 KB, 673x447
Be honest,how repulsive is acne?
Pic related is almost exactly my situation.Except im male.
Doc told me its because i had no acne in puberty and because im too stressed and have digestion problems.

Also fuck off with that change pillow case and better hygiene meme.
>>
Kinda turns me on desu
>>
probably hormonal or bacterial. try 2.5% benzoyl peroxide face wash if you haven't already. That should help if it's bacterial.

Also were you talking to a derm or a general practitioner, because the latter will often give pretty fucking terrible advice on acne. Go see a derm and make sure it's not fungal.

but to answer your question acne is fuckin gross
>>
>>23590187
I know your feels. I've done a lot to try and fix this, cutting out most dairy, using diluted castile soap and organic olive oil as a natural moisturizer and drinking a crapload of water, but I still get some. It's at least gotten better though.
Shitty thing is I've had it in my early teens and still have it when I'm getting close to my 30's.
>>
>better hygiene meme
not a meme, anon. When I started using hand sanitizer (the PEG containing stuff) my skin did better than it ever has.

>be honest
It's kinda gross but if you're a charismatic person that tells others how you're battling it, you encounter people left and right that look past your acne.
Good luck OP.
>>
>>23590187

I'd say the scars after the initial acne is more disgusting. I got some on me, that's what happens when you are a 18 year old with testosterone in the 1000's.

Went on accutane twice, one 6 month course, and another 3 month. 20mg a day. Acne all clear but i got red scars on my cheeks.

Feels bad, in proper lighting it looks ugly.
>>
>>23590187

You can absolutely minimize or eliminate your acne with consistent effort, the problem is you're lazy. So stfu and get accutane.
>>
>>23590256
>get accutane
>live with worse acne than you ever had before for 6 months
>acne clears up
>get off accutane
>acne comes back

no thanks
>>
File: 434.png (432 KB, 621x440) Image search: [Google]
434.png
432 KB, 621x440
>>23590327

It;s alright, but don;t forget you cna get

>Depression
>You get dry lips
>Dry face
>Dry joints
>Cant go out in sun without heaps of sunscreen since you burn very easily
>Eyes can and do get worse on lots of people at night when on them

I did it second time because i am a retard, but i stopped early. Fuck doing 6 months.
>>
>>23590408
>depression
check
>dry face
check
>dry joints
check

might as well kill myself before taking accutane
>>
>>23590634
Holy fuck, you got all that? RIP m8y if you every take accutane.. I lifted weights on it, fuck that noise and i am rather very healthy male.
>>
>>23590327
>>23590408
That's because guys probably have no idea how it works and how to use it properly.
>>
>>23590256
Accutane has some pretty severe side effects that a lot of people aren't willing to deal with.

And it kind of feels like a meme. I mean the problem with people saying "get better hygiene" as a solution is that acne isn't dictated solely by hygiene and that you can shower, scrub, wash your clothes/sheets/pillow cases,etc obsessively and still have acne.
>>
>>23590673
you guys*
>>
File: 124645678.jpg (79 KB, 446x599) Image search: [Google]
124645678.jpg
79 KB, 446x599
>>23590673
>>23590675

Are you fucking retarded or are you just a woman? You take tablets - twice a day morning and at night. After you eat.

There is no "taking it wrong". These side affects are widely known and happen to almost everyone and that is the following;

>Dry lips
>Dry face
>Dry joints
>Dry eyes / night vision worse

Fuck out of here you dumb nigger.
>>
>>23590676
There are a great deal more side effects(including worse ones) than what you listed.

But yeah I'm not really sure how this person thinks you can take it wrong. It's an oral drug.
>>
>>23590684
Of course, you can severely fuck up your stomach etc.. but i only listed the side effects basically everyone is effected by.

Accutane is the most potent Acne drugs available, you also need to have blood test done before and mid way through the course to make sure everything is going well with your body.
>>
>>23590674
You know what stopped my acne? Not using fucking soap to shower. I only use it when I wash my hands, because basic hygiene.

But tell me one good reason to wash of the film of tallow on my skin every day, triggering the body to replace it every day. Of course pores clog up if they're forced to produce that much tallow all the time.

And inb4 smelly, nope. Just shower after you sweat a lot to prevent bacteria from producing odour.

>>23590676
God damn it anon, could you prove me right any more obvious.
You don't know why those side effects appear, and you show no signs of knowing how to mitigate them. You just take a huge dose of the stuff without adjusting it to your personal needs and wonder why shit sucks.
Go learn a thing about biochemistry or two before you come back.
>>
File: 1459543488074.jpg (6 KB, 298x259) Image search: [Google]
1459543488074.jpg
6 KB, 298x259
>>23590687
Is this fucking retard serious right now?

>gg-gggog--goo learn why it dries uu uu out
>i-iif-iff u dont know bout da body adn how it works you wont get affected

Why are people like this allowed on 4chan?
>>
>>23590690
Are you just dumb or too lazy to even think about how medications you take work?
>>
>>23590687
I wasn't aware having a degree in biochemistry was a prerequisite to being prescribed acne medication

If anything, if it's avoidable, then it's the PCP's responsibility to impart that knowledge on the person they are prescribing it to which apparently isn't happening too often wtih the frequency that some of these side effects occur.
>>
>>23590692
That wasn't the what my post meant in the slightest, if you had any intellectual capacity to gather the required reading comprehension you'd understand what my post meant.

You're a retard, here is your (You). You validation attention seeking woman.
>>
>>23590695
You don't need a degree, you can learn all you need with google and a few evenings.

And a PCP (whatever that is) probably doesn't have the time to sit down with you 6 hrs a day for 5 days to teach you the basics.

>>23590697
Too bad, I'm male. There are no girl's on /fit/
>>
File: Accutane-Infographic_Feb2014.png (567 KB, 800x912) Image search: [Google]
Accutane-Infographic_Feb2014.png
567 KB, 800x912
>>23590697
It's only some stupid cunt that opened his school book of biochemistry and now thinks he knows what he is talking about. It's only shame the retarded nigger doesn't understand regardless of dosages or if you go 5-10mg a day you are still going to get affected by the symptoms mentioned above.

Don't forget, we are arguing with a woman, what she says has to be right and what we say is automatically wrong.

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/accutane-side-effects.html
>>
>>23590697
I think that anon is a jackass but can we leave the casual misogyny out of this conversation?(I'm a guy before you go jumping to conclusions)
>>
>>23590713
>(I'm a guy before you go jumping to conclusions)

Then why do you care, you soft cock?
>>
>>23590702
A PCP is a primary care physician. In other words your doctor who is presumably prescribing you accutane

It's generally not recommended to to just take these things on your own. You cant self prescribe things like this based on a few hours/days of googling man.

Or you can but it's just generally not a good idea.
>>
Accutane was originally a chemo drug. Before you begin you have to sign a bunch of waivers and, depending on where you're located, also go to a government website and read extra materials or else you won't be able to get the medication at all. The reason being that there have been many lawsuits over the side effects of accutane, ALL of which were not the result of patient misuse btw. They just want people to understand they're ingesting a harsh drug with the preferred outcome being no acne.
On top of that, the accutane is expensive. Many insurances won't cover it. And most derms won't prescribe it unless you have insurance. So, good luck there.
>source: almost took accutane myself last summer but lost my insurance after my first blood lab so no med for me, did get a $400 blood lab bill tho

Anyway OP, nobody likes acne but I think most smart people understand that it's a genetic or body fuckup issue and not a hygienic issue. My face is alright but my back and shoulders are pitted with pimples, zits, red marks, etc. Just get a partner who doesn't give a fuck, my bf doesn't care. I actually trained him to squeeze my back zits for me with a comedone extractor. Doesn't help, but it makes us both feel better to pop them.
>>
>>23590726
>Anyway OP, nobody likes acne but I think most smart people understand that it's a genetic or body fuckup issue and not a hygienic issue.

The problem is, as evidenced by many of the responses to this topic, that a lot of people DO NOT understand this.

But yeah for many people it's not as simple as "just take accutane." It's expensive as you said.Sorry to hear that you had to pay for the blood test but didn't get to take the meds.
>>
>>23590702
>/fit/

I think you might be on the wrong board pal
>>
>>23590735
Those people are horrible idiots.

Idk how to feel about it. On one hand I'll never know. On the other hand there's so many mixed experiences on the stuff that I could have easily been a failed case with a fresh digestive disease to boot.
I suspect my acne is mostly genetic and hormonal, my mom has acne and she's near 60. So I'm afraid even if I did go through accutane my acne would probably recurr.

That said, I shower sparingly these days and my acne isn't nearly as fucked. Back when I tried to wash and keep clean everyday I'd have an oil slick for a face and at least 10 new pimples a day. Nowadays I probably get 2-3 bad facial pimples every 4 days. Really not as bad.
>>
>>23590217
Happened to my brother, very unfair. His faded after 10 years though
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.