[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do you Bring up baggage Depending on what it is or where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Where im going in life.gif (819 KB, 276x206) Image search: [Google]
Where im going in life.gif
819 KB, 276x206
When do you Bring up baggage
Depending on what it is or where you are how do you find someone who is ok with things like baggage and mental Illness, and when should you bring it up?

With online dating should you bring it up in the profile or what?
>>
>>23550851
Depends what kind of reaction you want I guess, if you're upfront about it on your dating profiles people know what to expect before contacting you. If not and you hit it off with someone but drop the bomb on them, they might not take it well and abandon ship. What kind of baggage are you carrying around? Minor stuff like depression? Or big things like schizophrenia/bipolar?
>>
>>23550851
Definitely not in your profile. Everyone has baggage of some kind. If you start off by listing everything bad about you, your potential partner might get the wrong impression.

You don't have to hide it or lie if someone asks you, but you don't have to be upfront about everything.
>>
>>23551167
Big stuff, ASD, GAD, etc nothing violent but something that affects me in day to day life
>>
>>23551198
The other anon is right when he says don't put it on your profile, but being on the spectrum I think you should let people know it. That's my personal opinion. It's your choice, let people know only when you've been chatting and run the risk of them exiting when they find out, or put it upfront so that they at least know what they're dealing with. But I don't personally know you so I can't gauge which stratagem would work better for you. Got a profile you want me to give you some advice at?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.