[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haven't seen one in a while so... 25 and up thread. General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14
File: 25plusop.jpg (259 KB, 655x501) Image search: [Google]
25plusop.jpg
259 KB, 655x501
Haven't seen one in a while so...

25 and up thread. General chat and contact for anons that are over the age of 25.
>>
26/f reporting in. what's up older socialites?
>>
>>23546197
29/f hello fellow femanon future cougar :)
>>
25/m reporting in. Got a few hours to kill. My first time in one of these threads.
>>
32 m Aust reporting in.
Really don't want to work on Easter Sunday.
>>
25/m How is everyone's weekend? Do anything fun?
>>
>>23546216
hi there. are you a cougar? or a future one
>>
27/m reporting in.
Nothing going on here. I've been in front of 4chan for around eight hours.
>>
30/m reporting in
>>
>>23546222
trying to make a good Easter weekend for the kids but it snowed a bunch so no egg hunts now :/
>>
>>23546218
I know that feel. Working on Easter is bullshit.
>>
>>23546224
Future! I'm only 29 ;_; I'm not that old. One day...

>>23546228
Can't do a snow egg hunt?? Or an indoors one like hide and seek? Hide a bunch around the house while they are asleep so when they wake up you can tell them the easter bunny must have left hidden surprises all around the house for them.
>>
>>23546228
o damn. I wish the weather would get warm and stay warm. Spring has sprung
>>
>>23546235
everybody loves cougars! or at least i do...
>>
>>23546235
o yah well we always hide them around the house but we usually also take the to one of the big egg hunts they have at like a park or a church. and I didn't mean any offense, I'm a cam girl on here n got called a cougar just cuz I'm over 21 lol
>>
>>23546237
yah we got over 2 feet of snow but the week before it was in the 70s weird!
>>
>>23546244
Being called a cougar at 21 is slightly unsettling...
>>
>>23546244
I was only teasing :) I get called a cougar every time I say my age too. Well it stinks they wont do a snow egg hunt. Could get all snow geared up and play around sledding/snowman too. We just do egg hunts around our yard and have a cookout.

>>23546247
same happened here a few weeks back we got 12 inches of snow one day and it melted by the next day. Week before we had gotten 8-10. Then a week after two separate blizzards its 70 and sunny.

>>23546239
;)
>>
>>23546235
I'm 24 and date 18 year olds, I call myself a cougar t b h

You're def old enough to be a cougar. You're really old
>>
>>23546266
Cougars are 40+ I'm not even 30. I can't imagine dating 18 year olds. I think that goes over better for men. But maturity and where you are in life at 18 compared to 24 or 29 is a bit uneven for a good relationship.
>>
So, fellow 25+ people. If you're like me and live in the UK, the national living wage comes into effect on April 1st, which raises the minimum wage you're paid to £7.20, up 50p from the national minimum wage of £6.70. I at least am excited for it, but I'd like to know other peoples opinions? Is it good for you, or not?
>>
44/M/UK

Met a few cool people of soc in the past, would love to again
>>
25/m reporting in.
I feel like I'm just tall enough to ride the roller coaster, posting in this thread. I barely make the cutoff, but don't hold that against me.
Sup fellow people who are also getting too old for this shit?
>>
35/m/Greece

> thinking that greek women visit /soc/
>>
27/f!
...Although I'm going to be 28 in April and I don't even act my age hngng.

>>23546222
Not a whole lot yet, but tomorrow I'm going to be making lamb, asparagus, mashed potatoes with green onion and roasted garlic and maaaaybe a lemon cake. Should be pretty good!
How about yourself? Are you doing anything interesting this weekend?
>>
27/m/NYC
Why can't I keep any friends?

>>23546521
That sounds so tasty.
>>
25m about to turn 26.sigh... Any f down for some snap chat shenanigans?
>>
27/M here
Just turned 27 today btw, and as you can see I'm partying on /soc/ :v
>>
>>23546533
>Why can't I keep any friends?
Maybe because you don't want to.
>>
>>23546521
I wasn't even hungry before I read this post.
Now dying.
>>
>>23546488
don't worry you'll be 30 before you know it :^)

>>23546497
I am jealous you are from greece it looks absolutely beautiful

>>23546521
I still feel like I'm not an adult like my parents are the adults

>>23546536
Happy Birthday!!
>>
>>23546540
>I feel like I'm not an adult like, my parents are adults
I can identify with this. I mean, sure I've got a job and support myself independently and all that jazz but I still don't feel "grown up" either. I'very been wondering lately at what point that's going to change.
>>
>>23546540
We may have the best real estate on the planet.
>>
>>23546549
I let you know if I ever get there lol although now when I try to talk to someone who's like 18 I can't help but feel the age difference and how young they seem. I don't feel old but they seem young to me now.

>>23546552
I want to travel to europe one day and visit Ireland, England, France, Greece, pretty much just everywhere. It's a big dream of mine.
>>
>>23546540
Thank you <3 <3
>>
>>23546564
I'm from France (but living in Czech Republic), I can give you tips of places you should visit in Europe, 'cause I guess you're from the US, right? :D
>>
>>23546564
>I want to travel to europe one day and visit Ireland, England, France, Greece, pretty much just everywhere. It's a big dream of mine.

You describe it like something difficult. Greece especially is very cheap these days (although that depends on where you live).
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-26+at+06.22.00).png (9 KB, 538x180) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-26+at+06.22.00).png
9 KB, 538x180
>>23546572
I'm trying to learn french now. I have a friend from paris who just speaks to me in french so I have to constantly look up words to read and respond. Makes it easy to memorize that way. Not sure about actually talking though! Ill carry a notepad with me if I ever get there. Yes I'm from the US.

>>23546575
It's ridiculously expensive to travel to europe. The plane ticket alone is at least a grand. I googled and pic related.
>>
>>23546564
Yeah, I understand that feel too. Well put, it's not that we're old they're just young. I have coworkers that are in high school and there's most definitely a disconnect. From the things I say, music I like, etc. It just seems like we're on totally different pages. Definitely an odd feeling.
>>
>>23546596
I'd have never thought it would cost you 2k$ to go to Paris.

But anyway, I'd suggest you to avoid Paris, there's nothing to do and it's one of the crappiest city in France, there's much better to see
>>
>>23546596
>It's ridiculously expensive to travel to europe. The plane ticket alone is at least a grand. I googled and pic related.

Oh, you are in america.
But hey, if i have saved up and visited america, then you can also do it!
>>
>>23546596
I have experience in flying trans-atlantic flights, and in my experience the cheapest flights are normally available on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. It also helps if you fly out on a Tuesday as well.
>>
>>23546596
>The plane ticket alone is at least a grand
Probably depends from where you're flying. In march 2011 I paid a little more than 400€ for Paris - NY and back.
>>
>>23546597
Yes lol and kind of just maturity over all they seem so young. I thought I was so grown up at like 17/18 too ha
>>23546610
But it's Paris :( I at least have to go there once if I visit France. I want to see the city at night and the Eiffel Tower.

>>23546611
Yeah I'm american and it's hard to save with student loans and health care. How did you like america when you visited? Where did you go?

>>23546612
If only I was super short I could just hide in a suitcase. I think that is true of most flights though the cheap days to go.

>>23546619
Is it cheaper for you guys to visit america? Why is it so expensive for us. I guess its coming up on summer time. I'll google cheapest months to fly.
>>
27/m

Literally first time on /soc/
What's this thread about?
>>
>>23546624
>Yeah I'm american and it's hard to save with student loans and health care. How did you like america when you visited? Where did you go?

I liked LATIN America very much ;)
>>
>>23546639
1000 men talking to 1 girl... sorry cougar.
>>
>>23546624
I just had a look for me with Prague - Washington DC departure on April 12th , back the 26th , It was 700$ with Airfrance which is a major company

I guess you should check more, because 2K is too much O__o
(Yeah well, there are few places to visit, but that's it, I'd rather recommend you the South/Provence which is much more beautiful and enjoyable, oh, & people will be nicer)
>>
>>23546537
That makes no sense. Not having friends wouldn't bother me if I didn't want to.
>>
>>23546639
Absolutely nothing. Just for older anons to chat.

>>23546642
Sooo you went to souther america? Winky face is throwing me off also >>23546647 there are a few girls I just am bored so talking too much

>>23546653
I just did a quick google search honestly I'll try an actual site see what it says. I honestly wouldn't be able to afford 700 either. I am broke between school and living costs plus health stuff. Still holding out hope for a lottery win. Should probably buy an actual ticket for that option.
>>
>>23546662
Maybe because you take a bloody long time to answer them. Just kidding :)
>>
29/f. My wheels died on me last night one week into my 2nd job. Fuck me.

Literally please do, though, come May it'll be a full year. Can't believe my booty call in Fort Worth lost interest. I'm concerned I'm going to die alone but that's what I get for being all around repulsive.
>>
>>23546533
I'm in the same boat. Tell me if you figure it out.
>>
>>23547486

What happened to your wheels?
>>
>>23547486
It's been over two years for me ;_;
>>
>>23547486
Also sorry about your car.
>>
>>23547536
The muffler just fell off my scooter. I think somehow there was a missing or loose bolt. I'm fucking 29 years old and don't know how to drive a car.
>>
>>23547548

Never too late to learn. It's very easy, probably easier than a scooter. I imagine it still drives without the muffler?
>>
>>23547540
I feel for you. Hate it. I really love sex but I let myself go really badly so I don't think I can get it anymore.
>>
>>23547554
It's having trouble starting. I kinda don't want to attempt turning it on until I'm about to take it to a mechanic.

Things that blows is my 2nd job is a call center. They absolutely don't want you calling for training at all and my fucking schedule is 8 to 5 so it's difficult to get things done. I have to take the bus to work, then make it home and see if I can run my scooter over to my mechanic in time.

Hate the bus so bad.
>>
>>23547554
Learning to drive a car is on my to do list. But it seemed so hard to get used to controlling something so massive.
>>
>>23547568

No one can give you a ride? Any chance it's a simple fix you can do yourself with YouTube?
>>
>>23547572

It's very easy once you do it a few times. There are also small cars you can get that will make it easier. One of my cars is pretty tiny and It's ridiculously easy to whip it into spaces or go between other cars.
>>
33 male, working and stuff.
>>
>>23547486
Whats up fellow DFW person. Whats the story on your booty call guy dropping interest?
>>
File: 20160325_172553.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160325_172553.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
Using computer really quick.

>>23547574
I'm living with my ex boyfriend in a city with no friends and family. He's can be a jerk and ranges from pretty abusive to not very abusive but he is not entirely bad. He will pick me up from work tomorrow just to try to get the scooter fixed in time and he'll do it on his days off. I have to admit I don't blame him seeing as he's overnight and sleeping during the day can be difficult as it is with our shitty apartment complex.

If this were a side project, I'd be happy to dive into it and try it as I like learning new things and I always have to pick up skills by myself anyways. But this scooter is my lifeline. I can't go to the gym, can't donate plasma, go grocery shopping or go to my first job without it. I am not mechanically inclined so I may likely screw something up or take too long fixing it. I don't have tools and one mechanic I called told me it sounded really involved and would likely cost $200-$300. I only have $50 but my ex will pay for the cost until I hit him back on Friday. People like to give me serious shit for living with him but there are benefits.

Fuck me for not carrying duct tape when it fell off on the way home from my second job. The gear tie ended up working better than duct tape anyways. I'm glad I decided it was worth carrying around for an emergency, though I wasn't thinking about this.
>>
Been a while since I've seen one of these.
29 M Wisconsin reporting in.
How's it going?
>>
Oh, I guess the unique ID doesn't change if you change devices.

>>23547597
I'm in SA. This guy is not big into socializing. He likes to talk over Call of Duty or Battlefield or something like that. Not huge into FB. Ignored me twice on skype and was terse when I texted him twice, so I figure he's just not interested. I figure he just doesn't think I'm worth the effort or something. He's pretty cute and ex military, but he was letting himself get chubby and just wasting time living with Mom so I don't know if he's got his own chick locally or what.
>>
>>23547691
He was actually the last guy I ever got to have sex with. Last year in May when I visited him in FW. Oh well.
>>
>>23547671

For shits and giggles try and find some info online. There is probably a forum for your particular scooter and people on there might be able to help or have experienced the same problem and described how to fix it. If nothing else, it might be simple and you save yourself some money. Or you find out it's beyond you and you have to pay anyway.
>>
>>23547680
It's lame on my end and I'm trying to figure out if I should go to sleep because tired or stay awake and do some batch cooking and cleaning since I'll have no time tomorrow night. Blech.

Easter plans? I didn't even realize it was Easter because I'm not religious and I don't have kids.
>>
>>23547696
Hi Im not in Texas now but I will be in like 2 monthes if you want I could give you my kik
>>
>>23547691
ID depends on ISP, but no if you're using the same ISP modem it won't change device to device. Wish I could help you, I'm mechanically inclined but have zero experience with mopeds/motorcycles, just cars. Mechanically, a muffler only exists to muffle the exhaust note. Thats it. It isn't mechanically necessary for smooth operation. 300 dollars fo labor sounds a bit high too.
Did you move here recently?
Post another pic of it if you have one.
>>
>>23547707
I'm not religious, but I do love brunch - so that's what my Easter will be like with my wife's family (who are religious, but thankfully I get to sleep through church.)

I always say front-load your chores - more fuck-around time later.
>>
So when you're 25+ it's mandatory that you talk about a bunch of boring bullshit

Kay.
>>
>>23547742
Ha I think it's more the fact that when you're 25+ most of the stuff you have to do is less exciting than it was when you were under 25.
>>
>>23547742
Welcome to the joys of being a responsible adult
>>
>>23547742
You're getting the idea...
>>
>>23547750
Respluluhluh?!?!?!?!
>>
>>23547742
fuck you, our lives are pretty sad and we get kinda complacent. You will too. WELCOME TO ADULTHOOD FUCKER!

25 m delco PA reporting in btw.
>>
>>23547742

Show us what excitement is then.
>>
>>23547750
Dude, I drank a whole bottle wine and and on the second. Fuck responsibility.
>>
>>23547750

Being a responsible adult means you have to be boring?

Kay.
>>
Was going to go see Batman V Superman, all my friends bailed due to how bad the news of the movie has been. Didn't feel like going it alone.

29 - M - KC
Kik: AutumnCoffee86
>>
>>23547742
As opposed to being under 25 and using almost only emojis to discuss your various social issues?
>>
>>23547761
A good book. A warm glass of scotch. Touching a boob. Getting my tax return. You know, GROWN MAN BUSINESS.
>>
>>23547757

I don't get complacent.
>>
>>23547770
My brother went to see it and he was non-plussed. Sucks because I enjoyed MoS alot.
Bonsaiboyster here, m/TX
>>
>>23547770
Yeah I don't know why, I still can't see a movie by myself.

Which is stupid, when you think of it. You're sitting in the dark quietly for like 2 hours. No one NEEDS to be around you.
>>
>>23547773

> Touching a boob.

Unless that's immediately followed by my dick in her mouth/ass/pussy it's not terribly exciting.
>>
>>23547704
>>23547718

Wow, turns out the muffler falling off is like a common issue with my model. I had absolutely no idea.

DESU, it didn't fall off completely but it was just hanging by the arm and my scooter started being really loud. When I attached it with the gear tie it was still loud but sounded differently. I'm so glad I made it back to my apartment but when I attempted to start it again it was acting like it didn't want to start, like its out of gas or something so I got scared and just never attempted to start it.

I don't know if it's related but for a while right after starting it, my scooter liked to shut off right after I started it and would have trouble restarting, as if there were no gas in it. Did it to me like 5 times over a few weeks but I ignored it.

I moved to SA like 3 years ago. Didn't get my scooter moved from EP to here until like a year ago so I never bothered to socialize. After I did, I tried to meet with someone on /soc/ and had the worst experience ever so I've been afraid to meet with anybody and I'm really awkward anyways so I'm just worried I'm always going to spill my spaghetti and have just been afraid to put myself out there.

You want a pic of my scooter? or the muffler? This a pic of it from October. Got into a minor scuffle with a Semi and pickup truck. Semi driver was a jack ass. All that got hurt from that particularly accident was the headlamp casing, believe it or not. I was so pissed about that. Shit is like $100.

>>23547722
I gotta do that... I'm a really chronic procrastinator.
>>
>>23547770
I saw it. my official DC movie rating is that it is better than Dark Knight Rises but not better than Watchmen. Your friends are sheeple.
>>
>>23547771

No as opposed to being a 'responsible adult' in a dead end marriage with sniveling kids talking a about what you're eating for easter on an anonymous image board.

Apply yourselves
>>
>>23547785
Well I was making a joke, but I guess I'll concede the point.
>>
>>23547775
You will. You will land a decent job and get an okay relationship and you will think "Good enough." You will die sad and alone if you don't Guaranteed.
>>
>>23547764
Being younger than 25 years old means you throw out bad bait?
>>
>>23547788

Did you find any information that might help you fix it?
>>
>>23547803

Implying so much

>>23547806

Read above
>>
>>23547808
Not that I can tell. Maybe if the inside of a vehicle weren't an alien world to me.
>>
>>23547820

What's the year, make and model? You have me curious now.
>>
>>23547671
It does only look like a one dollar bolt from the hardware store could fix it. Also if it is starting hard, change gas stations where you fill up. Sounds like you got some bad gas if it was running good before. Check and make sure you have oil in it too. Try a can of seafoam from the gas station. Add a little at each tank fillup. It cleans the varnish out of the fuel system.
>>
>>23547797
Dude I am stuck at work watching traffic pass by, what am I supposed to be doing.
And you're one to talk, younger but wasting time on 4chan
>>23547788
I was interested in the muffler. I couldn't say from your description what might be the issue, you hit truck so any number of parts could have been affected. Sorry about your bad luck too. Like anything in life, get back up on your horse.
>it was loud but sounded differently
Probably not sealed so exhaust was escaping elsewhere.
Is SA San Antonio?
>>
>>23547819
I do not imply. My young padawan, I used to like you. "I'll show them" I said. I will be a rock star. But I went to college found other interest and a moderate amount of vagina now I just have wine. Wanting more is only a sign of an under developed prefrontal cortex.
>>
>>23547825
It's a Yamaha Vino 125. 2009.

>>23547828
>seafoam
Interesting. I've never heard of this! I'll try this when I can.

SA is San Antonio.
>>
>>23547829

Do calisenthics, stretch, read a book, write something, find a better job

I'm not 'younger'
>>
>>23547835
>moderate amount of vagina
>wine

Those are both pretty good things.
>>
>>23547840

I'm doing some reading now.
>>
>>23547843
So what are you up to today? Anything cool?

BTW, reading "All the Light We Cannot See" - highly recommended
>>
>>23547843
I enjoy my job, its downtime now though.
>do calisthenics
This is a somewhat ghetto area, best stay inside my rig.
>>
>>23547835

Calm your ass down confucius, I'm years older than you and I've lived way more
>>
>>23547829
I've been going to my 2nd job for a week on my scooter and getting there via this weird part of town where it's like a little rural area with large properties and quails and deer running everywhere. The road is very bumpy but paved, so I thought I was fine. It's a really bumpy road but I'm pretty sure I never actually hit or scraped anything... but the bumpy road must have exacerbated an already existing problem. The issue actually happened right after I got off that road.

Funny thing is, I took my scooter to my regular mechanic a few weeks back to replace the mirror and turn signal and asked him why my scooter made a scraping noise whenever I drove it. He took a look at the underside and said a bolt was missing and he put one in. Then this happened.
>>
>>23547844
I agree. Drinking all this wine made me think, "Holy fuck I came a long way and I'm happy" where before this year it scotch and I would realize "Holy fuck, I hate my life and I don't know where to go from here." So happy I got my shit together.

2015-2016 has been good times
>>
>>23547857
Maybe the bumpy road is knocking something out of alignment?
>I do not know anything about scooters.
>>
>>23547857

Check out this link. Someone described an idle/starting problem and fixed it by tightening a couple bolts. There is also a lot of useful information.

http://www.provoscooter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19981
>>
>>23547782
I've never enjoyed going to the movies by myself.
>>
>>23547858
Ha yeah we're moving this summer and our basement has an old cold room we're turning into a wine cellar-type thing.

Makes me feel all grown-up and sophisticated when we get drunk on our porch.
>>
31/m

I moved out of my mom's earlier in the month after living with her for the past year and a half. Paid off a significant amount of debt. I moved into my apartment and remembered just how little I actually own. Both rooms are sparsely furnished and I don't really own any 'real' furniture aside from a table in my living room. Still working on trying to get a career going. Right now I work in a drug store and a restaurant and I think I might clear 30k this year which is kinda pathetic considering I'm 31. I was a graduate student a while ago and if I'd continued I would have my PhD by now.
>>
>>23547854
I see, you can't become complacent since you hate everything about who you are what you've done. Drink more. Drink with me. I feel like fun.
>>
>>23547840
Try adding a safety nut to the one dollar bolt and it should never come off again.

Seafoam makes the engine smoke a lot as it cleans carbon and coked hydrocarbons out, works slick. Just a bit in each tank of fuel..... kik me a pic 29r, i am sure scooter trash like you rocks! Yankeepunter. ....
>>
>>23547857
I don't think the missing bolt and the dying motor are related. What that anon said about the Seafoam is a good idea- but really that is for higher mileage engines with buildup in the injectors/cylinder wall. It may do the trick, mopeds should have smaller injectors and may be prone to buildup faster than a car.
Your commute sounds awesome, been considering moving to SA since DFW is increasingly ghetto-fied and there is a decent 911 system in Bexar county hiring.
>>
>>23547869
Exactly, Can shout "fucking kids these day" while act like a 21yo on their birthday yet everyone else is none the wiser
>>
>>23547882

After a fair amount of reading, it appears that the muffler falling off these things can make them not run properly/at all. I would have thought it would just be loud but it looks like it's a common problem.
>>
>>23547889
You speak the truth. Sometimes we play trap music just to throw people off.
>>
>>23547893
Hmm, it could generate the necessary backpressure for the engine to create HP. Like I said I don't have the experience, on a car a lack of a muffler is more a legality issue than a mechanical problem.
>>
>>23547857

For the cost of one of these scooters, you could buy a cheap car. That's kind of nuts. I figured they'd cost under $500.
>>
Hate that my fucking ID changes so much.
>>
>>23547902
Got mine new for $3000. I think can find them used for $1200. There are Chinese scooters that go for around $500 but once it's time to replace the parts you'll have a hard time finding them, and I'm pretty sure they're not very well made. I have had 2 different mechanics talk shit about those kinds.
>>
>>23547874

I like myself more and more every year, mostly because I'm not complacent. Life got way better when I stopped drinking fyi
>>
>>23547882
Shame about DFW. Seemed nice when I visited it. SA definitely seems to have a ton of jobs but maybe that's only because I came from El Paso.
>>
>>23547923
DFW has some really nice new places the further North you get, but it's mostly expensive suburbia. Downtown has gotten way nicer, but the mid-cities (where I live and was raised) are decaying with an influx of ghetto trash.
I'm just an old local boy tired of seeing changes, I think I need some new scenery.
>>
>>23547556
I didn't let myself go I just had a bunch of different factor that made dating hard. And I don't want casual sex. I want someone to be with.

>>23547742
You'd prefer another dick rate thread?

>>23547872
Congrats on moving out on your own and paying off debt. That's more than alot of people our age.

>>23547946
I went to college in dallas. Well near dallas. Wasn't so bad when I was there. A lot of edm after hours clubs. But I enjoyed those at the time ha.
>>
File: herping when I should derp.jpg (32 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
herping when I should derp.jpg
32 KB, 500x333
>>23546222

Saw Mac Sabbath last night, spent today doing laundry and prep work for tomorrows cooking with Saltybet on the background. Tomorrow is Easter w/ my Mom's side of the family. Greek Easter is with my Dad's side.

I'm gonna have to live on congealed air and water between the two Easters cause I intend on eating until I bleed onion gravy.

>>23546497

Oh shit
My Dad is from Marousi!

>>23547872

Not to sound like a blind optimist, but any progress is better than no progress. What were you studying?
>>
>>23547953
I used to go to the Lizard Lounge when I was younger. After a few years I went back, they were playing dubstep and everyone was chewing gum and had huge pupils. That was about the time I quit. There aren't any decent EDM clubs (apart from the Lizard Lounge) there now, the area is increasingly hipster-fied.

Man I miss the raves at the Bronco Bowl, those were great.
>>
>>23547953
I'd love to be with someone. But I don't think I have anything to offer anybody. :/
>>
>>23547918

$3k, that's nuts. How many miles are on it? I was seeing some sites that said they only last about 20k miles.
>>
>>23547919
Ah. Congrats on quitting. I was wrong about you. You have a lot of time now, though. More time time to make yourself a be you though.I respect that.
>>
>>23547980
You have yourself, which is more than enough. Clearly you're trying at life, and a moped is kinda a neat ride.
Quit selling yourself short.
>>
>>23547980
Everybody has something to offer some one. You just got to stick it out through the shitty people and know someone worth your time will be there.

Chin up, you'll get there.
>>
>>23547980
As long as you have genitals, you always have something someone wants. somewhere.
>>
32/m kissless virgin here. Haven't been on 4chan in a year or two, felt like visiting /r9k/ and wallowing a bit, but it's still too repetitive, so I stumbled on here instead.
>>
>>23547953

Thanks. I just stopped working 70-75 hour weeks which I did for the last 4 months I was living with my mom. Down to 50ish now. It sucked, but seeing most of my debt disappear was worth it.

>>23547958

Demography. I wanted to work for the US census or be a professor.
>>
>>23548012
Welcome.
>>
>>23547968
What about insomnia?? That's where I used to go. I know there were others as well like temptations.

>>23547980
I feel that way too sometimes. Like I don't deserve to be with anyone until I have a stable career, income, and home. Otherwise I am just offering baggage.

>>23548015
Thats awesome. I envy you.
>>
>>23548025
Was Insomnia the one off of Good Latimer? If so its closed. Dude the whole Deep Ellum has shifted toward urban developed hipster life.
>>
File: drankin.gif (2 MB, 340x265) Image search: [Google]
drankin.gif
2 MB, 340x265
>>23548015

Do you have your masters? Even if you don't, if you're good with MS excel and access, you could be crunching numbers in an office.
>>
>>23548025

I sometimes entertain the idea of going back but I'm not sure if I'd be accepted back or if I want to wait another 3-4 years to finish my degree. I'm trying to get into some low level office job and work my way up in some company. One of my coworkers at the restaurant is trying to get me a job at her company and is looking for leads at other places. I was promoted to management at the drug store last year so it looks good that I haven't been doing the same job (mostly stocking shelves) for the past 3 years.
>>
>>23547980
I'm also from tx and I pretty much feel the same way.
A while back I met a girl indirectly off of here and she told me all that was bullshit and I really had something to offer.
But who knows she ended up being certifiably crazy.
>>
>>23548055

I do, albeit from a shitty one year program. I know enough about excel and access that I could do that sort of work with no problem. I spent the last 4 years doing nothing with my life encompassed in a very deep depression and I'm now trying to break out and start living it again.
>>
>>23548050
It was at the stripclub owned by the dude from Pantera. The clubhouse?

>>23548058
Back to college? I am trying to do that myself but running into obstacles every step of the way. It's my own fault for not focusing when I was younger but man it gets harder every year to go back. Time to move to another country for free education.
>>
>>23548086
DimeBag Darrel? I never hit up the stripclubs in Dallas, just that one across from Babydolls in Euless years ago.
>>
>>23548086

My situation is a little different since I was a grad student. If I'm not funded from my department I'd have to pay out of pocket, which I don't want to do.

What did you study/want to study now?
>>
>>23548105
All the strip clubs in that area turned into after hours clubs. Jaguars was temptations. Clubhouse was insomnia. I don't really remember the others this was YEARS ago.

>>23548127
I was studying compsci. I have about 3/4 of my credits done. But I need another year and a half maybe. Problem is I can't afford it out of pocket and I can't get financial aid unless I pay off my previous loans. Which I can't afford to do all at once.
>>
>>23548172
Well neat, learned something new.
>>
>>23547986
18k.

>>23547989
>>23547994
>>23547994
>>23548008
Thanks. I'm gonna keep on trucking like I always do.
>>
>>23548184
That's the spirit! I hope for the best for you.
>>
>>23548178
haha glad to provide new info! I really only went to lizard lounge when big names were coming in town like rusko or klauss. I went to the first electric daisy carnival in dallas too. But I went to insomnia mostly.
>>
>>23548184
nothing to thank me for, hell I'd even offer to take you out if I didn't live 3 hours away.
>>
>>23548197
Shit man, you sound like a cool guy to hang with.
Miss the fun times back then.
>>
>>23548184
Its going to be a beautiful year for you. Enjoy the Bluebonnets and breezes, hit up the coast, do something you have been putting off.
>>
>>23548213
I was a normal college kid experimenting with drugs. Plus I got to wear hot pink crazy outfits all the time and it was totally normal. I had fun back then but I don't miss those times. I got burnt out quickly and now enjoy my quiet boring life. I am more of a smoke weed and watch netflix kind of fun now ha.
>>
>>23548284
That's a good kind of fun
>>
>>23548289
Yeah I absolutely agree :) throw in videogames and Ill never want to do anything else. Except maybe cuddling/sex. Okay so throw in videogames and a qt boy to netflix and chill with Ill be golden.
>>
>>23548284
Sounds fun, pretty much did the same until I noticed memory issues from related recreational use. Pretty much now its the same, albeit wine and movies.
Is Netflix decent now? I cancelled my subscriptions thanks to repetitive shows and lack of new content.
>>
>>23548312
Hahaha yes. My wife doesn't play video games, or smoke weed. Which is a bummer. But she doesn't mind me doing it, and I still get the Netflix and Chill. And sex and cuddling.

Good times.
>>
>>23548317
I am not a big drinker. I feel hungover before I feel drunk these days. I do love weed though. It does wonders for my arthritis(not old ppl arthritis but autoimmune kek) and depression/anxiety. I have never noticed any memory issues. Ive been smoking for over 10 years too. Netflix has a lot of new original shows. New fullhouse is on there. I like bingewatching shows so Netflix is kind of nice. I use hulu too. I have an amazon fire stick instead of paying for cable so having those subscriptions are pretty nice.
>>
>>23548334
Your wife sounds like a keeper. Nice to do your own things sometimes anyways. Having a wife that doesn't mind you play videogames or smoke weed sounds like you did pretty well!
>>
>>23548336
Yeah I've got Netflix, hulu, Amazon Prime.
This year I might spring for MLB's app so I can watch baseball without going to a bar and then I'll be set for life.
>>
>>23548344
Yeah I'm pretty happy about it. We're expecting our first kid, so I imagine I'll have less time for weed and video games soon lol
>>
>>23548336
Memory issues were related to excessive ecstasy use.
I always get drunk prior to any hangover, and I have become a bit of a wine snob

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I may renew my subscription. Hope you find your boy, I would offer but sadly I am not a qt boy but a man. A manly man.
>>
>>23548347
>>23548353
>baseball
>not football
while i think baseball players are way hotter i enjoy watching football much more. im a badass in fantasy as well.Congrats on your first kid! It's really the coolest thing ever. You won't know till they come but its this insane love you didnt even think you were capable of. Like shit this tiny little thing owns me now. Do you know if its a boy or girl? I have a son I just do the weed and videogames after his bed time haha.

>>23548365
Ahhh I thought you meant weed. Yeah ecstasy is a holes in your brain kind of drug. Fun once or twice but felt cracked out after awhile ha. I didn't mean a boy boy. Just a male boy ha. Preferably an adult man. Manly man. One that can wrestle bears. And kill spiders.
>>
>>23548467
Thank you! We find out in 6 weeks if it's a boy or girl. I heard it's heartbeat for the first time this week - my whole world exploded and then rearranged itself such that nothing will be the same ever again. It's amazing!

Also - I like watching football, too. But baseball's in my blood. I played for years, and my dad played in the minors. Can't help it.
>>
>>23548467
I wrestle bears but not kill spiders. They eat mosquitos.
Bedtime for me, enjoyed the conversation. stay in touch if you want- kik Bonsaiboyster
>>
>>23548479
Besides, I live in Packers country. You get thrown in jail for not watching football on Sunday in Wisconsin.
>>
>>23548479
my son plays tball he looks cute but is adhd like me and probably just too young. What was the heartbeat?? Packers county? Aaron rodgers is muh husbando. Waiting for Olivia Munn to get ugly or fat so I can swoop in. Do you want a boy or a girl?

>>23548482
But spiders are creepy stalkerish terrifying things that jump in your hair and give you heartattacks. I mean I can just smack a mosquito.
>>
>>23548519
I HATE mosquitos. Massive, itchy bumps, carry disease. Spiders are harmless except for the black widows and brown recluse.
>stalkerish
Pretty sure spiders aren't watching your every move
>>
Male. Just turned 30. Sucks but then again it's kinda cool. NC, thinking of moving to LA, Oregon or Vancouver.
>>
Meh. I always try to tell myself I'm not as old as my age tells me. Anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>23548531
Please. I see them watching me. Waiting outside my door taunting me. Ill light a citronella candle.

>>23548535
I am kind of looking forward to my 30s. Hoping things get a little better. I'd move to oregon! Google fiber is gonna go in there and weed is legal. Im in maryland take me with you.

>>23548547
I dunno I kind of feel my age. I complain I'm old but I don't really feel thattt old. How old are you?
>>
>>23548547
it's just a number, xx is the new 2x, etc etc.

How old are you anon? I kind of hold the feeling that older people are settling down later and acting younger so whatever you tell yourself is probably right.
>>
>>23548519
Heartbeat was 148 BPM - healthy as can be! My wife hopes it's a girl, I'll be happy with either (so we she, obviously). I help my brother coach his son's little league team it's hilarious.

I used to live in Green Bay, now I live in Milwaukee. And I'd take Olivia away so you can have Aaron. I'd take Aaron, too. He's a beautiful man. I'm not ashamed to admit it.
>>
>>23548567
let's go!

So much cool stuff happens in Oregon it seems, plus you're right between Cali and Washington. Plus legal weed+fibre already makes it sound like a utopia, I just hope the jobs are good.
>>
File: Ditka Packers jersey.jpg (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Ditka Packers jersey.jpg
40 KB, 600x600
>>23548492
GO PACK GO
>>
>>23548579
lmao
>>
>>23548567
I'm 25!
>>23548569
I know it's a number but it's easier to say that about others than yourself.
>>
>>23548570
140+ is supposed to be a girl but I think my sons was in the 160s. I wanted a girl too until I had a boy. Now I am so thankful I had a son. Girls start rolling their eyes very early and are a bit dramatic. Boys are messy, gross, and get hurt a lot. I prefer the messy gross injury prone. Plus mommas boy etc. It's a deal. You seduce Olivia and Ill steal Aaron. I want another son one day. House full of my boys. Hahaha oh god I felt so bad for the coaches and dads that helped someone had to constantly stay with my son because he was always being silly.
>>23548578
I dunno but the cost of living is less than here. Can always open a dispensary and become legal weed dealers ayyy. Start our own line of edibles. Or you know continue to do freelance programming bc Ill be on my pc all the time downloading the entire internet through google fiber. But yes please lets go!
>>23548597
25 pft you're still a baby ;)
>>
>>23548621
My mom saw the ultrasound pic and said "looks like a boy" - but we have like all boys in my family except for my sister. So who knows. I wouldn't mind a whole bunch of boys running around the house. Start my own sports team!
>>
>>23548621
I've thought the same. I'm pretty sure half of my income would go to more harddrives to fill with games/anime/books/music
>>
good old 905/ 26.......turning 27 at the end of april.
Man how did 27 come so fast? feels like i blinked and ended up this old.
>>
>>23548670
I turn 30 this year. It's not so bad. Or old, really.
>>
>>23548638
Ah we have all girls in our family. And I don't really get along well with other girls. Exactly! You're own baseball team. They are more fun too. Can be rough or play nerf wars. My little sister just always wants to do her make up or gymnastics routine. Buttttt girls you can dress up in super cute clothes and those little flowers on their heads. I'm pretty sure you'll be over the top in love either way. Youll have to come backand let us know. Its fun to hear new parents discover what its like.

>>23548645
Perfect we can build a super battlestation room come home from dealing drugs legally, smoke, and play vidya. Ive got like 2TB and I just go through every week or so delete old movies or shit I dont need. I have an external too so I can have linux and windows both on my pc.

>>23548670
yeah 20s fly by its weird to think Im almost 30 I swear I was 17 like last year.
>>
>>23548686
I'm so in for nerf wars. I work as a freelance writer so I'm going to be staying home with the kid as it is, that would be fun. I will have to keep you posted!
>>
not that im old. it just feels like just happened really quick. bam 5 years gone.
>>
32/m here
It's really fucking hard these days to find someone online to have regular friendly conversations with… Everywhere I go it's nothing but teenagers anymore.
What do you guys do?
>>
>>23548693
I go to my dads every weekend and we have nerf wars. All the kids like stay in their forts or get bored of us because we are super competitive. I leave covered in bruises...from nerf guns. But its totally fun. My siblings are all really young around my sons age so its nice to always have them to keep him entertained.

>>23548704
block teenagers and hang out in irc instead
>>
25/m here

my first post in a loooong time. i normally just lurk in these things, but you guys seem cool
>>
28/m

Just started using tinder last night.

What the fuck is up with every girl wanting "an adventure"?
>>
File: IMG_20160223_204715.jpg (786 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160223_204715.jpg
786 KB, 1440x1440
Howdy there friends, I turn 28 here soon, fun times ahead!
>>
>>23548727
25/m
I've been using it for 2 days now I've had 3 matches all of them bots.
I've tried online dating stuff before I really don't think it's even possible for someone like me.
>>
26 m. Honestly this is the coolest thread I have seen in a long ass time lol.
Kik:mrmroo1
>>
>>23548760
What you don't like dick rates? Lol
>>
File: heatherscamera096.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
heatherscamera096.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
27 here. Playing some tunes tonight on Easter eve. http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Vefsmu9060
>>
>>23548715
Lol I do the same thing with my nephew - he gets mad and I always end up shot in the face.
>>
>>23548809
Yeah my dad has the nerf gun with the giant bullets that whistle when they go by so I tend to whack him with my gun when hes chasing me. If I run out of bullets its fair game. Gotta fight dirty. We are both really sore winners.
>>
>>23548760
It's because it's not full of teenagers and dicks
>>
>>23548813
Winners being the operative word. Lol
>>
36M
Greece reporting in.
>>
29/m/Seattle

looking for some femanons to have some fun

Kik and snapchat: viperjam
>>
>>23548822
yeah you should see us in fantasy leagues haha

>>23548826
thats two from greece :) hello

>>23548836
lewd
>>
I guess it is past your bedtime in USA. Old age will do that to you :D
>>
>>23548854
I had to go way up this thread to find the other greek. Frankly my dear, i don't... think he's online anymore.
>>
>>23548857
>>23548863
It's like 4am here but I can't sleep. He may be gone I think he was looking for a greek lady anyways :/
>>
>>23548878
Hello there insomniac!

Looking for a greek lady in /soc/? Ha,ha. How optimistic of him.
>>
It is almost 1am here
>>
>>23548895
Ah, the great America with it's different time zones!

How's the night life in Seattle bro?
>>
>>23548903
Not much tonight, hopefully better soon. Where you at, brah?
>>
>>23548912
Athens
>>
>>23548887
my cat has no problem sleeping and blocking my monitors.

haha you don't think there are any greek women on 4chan??

>>23548895
I wish it was still 1 am id feel less guilty about being awake.
>>
>>23548919
I thought everyone went to bed! Lol
>>
File: laughing_hysterically.gif (7 KB, 490x405) Image search: [Google]
laughing_hysterically.gif
7 KB, 490x405
>>23548919
>haha you don't think there are any greek women on 4chan??

I don't think, i know it!
>>
>>23548923
I have awful insomnia sometimes ;_;

>>23548940
I bet theres at least one. There has to be.
>>
>>23548951
There are hardly any women on 4chan and none of them are greek.

> insomnia
Do something more energetic than typing so that you get tired.
>>
>>23548686
I actually already have 15 tb of storage.. I'm abit of a file hoarder.. But I've kinda softened it up abit. Still I wanna triple that at some point when I get the disposable income.
>>
>>23548951
Speaking of which, I should go to bed. Nice talking to you!
>>
>>23548961
there are tons of girls on 4chan. especially soc. there used to be more but soc has become lgbt. girls lurk.

>>23548975
jesus! you need more room after 15 tb what kind of porn are you storing...

>>23549015
night!
>>
>>23549033
>there are tons of girls on 4chan. especially soc. there used to be more but soc has become lgbt. girls lurk.

I don't come to 4chan to find girls. I come here for a fun conversation.
>>
>>23549090
The board you're on is called cams and meetups
>>
>>23549033
no porn (used to have alot but I deleted all of it), It's mostly Xbox ISOs, shitton of rare games, lotta anime/TV, f-ton of rock/80's music and more, plus alot of weird little things. It's a hobby.. I want more storage just to have a badass NAS setup with pretty much every movie or tv show I'd ever want to watch or game I'd ever want to play available on demand with backups.
>>
File: photo_2016-03-27_13-24-04.jpg (138 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-03-27_13-24-04.jpg
138 KB, 1280x960
25 femanon from russia.
pic - how i spent this weekend.
1.30 pm here.
ask any qiestion.
>>
>>23549192
why though? think you'll ever actually go back and use most of it? You are a data hoarder :p

>>23549219
looks like a good weekend
>>
>>23549219
can in tongue your asshole?
>>
finally the thread is back! 29/m/croatia here. stuffed my face for breakfast, after all, it's Easter here. so, Happy Easter to those that celebrate it.
>>23549219
nothing better than lazziness all weekend long

how's your day going annons

>>23549192
i used to be like that. one day i just said fuck it, wiped the drives, sold the desktop and been hapily on laptop ever since. never looked back. dont even own an external drive. everything is avalible online these days, no real need.
>>
>>23549219
Is that guy gonna die? He looks skinny and sickly.
>>
File: photo_2016-03-27_13-23-57.jpg (101 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-03-27_13-23-57.jpg
101 KB, 1280x960
>>23549275
I dont think so.
Yesterday, he was walking with my dog, and he pinched finger input door, the rest of the evening he was bleeding and limping.
>>
>>23549219
Do you know any nice ruski girls willing to get US citizenship in return for a loving marriage to a 25 year old kv.
>>
>>23549291
Me? hehe.
but why russian?
>>
>>23549219

I like Russians, but I don't like Russia. It's complicated.
>>
>>23549302
>but why russian
Well because you're Russian, I'll take Ukrainian qt's as well.

>Me? hehe.
I hope you like humid weather having to drive everywhere and guns.
>>
>>23549305
Aswise.
>>23549312
>guns.
except, but ok.
>>
>>23549318
Spring weddings are a thing right?
you're totally not jerking my chain right?
>>
28/f super bored listening to tunes :)
>>
>>23549358

27/m, and likewise. Also very tired lol
>>
>>23549358
Hey how's it going mark 27 from london like to chat? kik markt20
>>
>>23549366
Awwww thats no good :( rough day? And what are you listening to?
>>
>>23549358
Same hah :D

You have kik? Would love to talk more! 23/m
>>
32 Male USA

Kik iamthisguyhere

Up to chat about anything!
>>
>>23549373

I'm a cook, so weekend days are always rough. Sunday is my day off though, so that's nice. Currently listening to Bowie. Yourself?
>>
>>23549375
Sure do. Drop yours and ill say hello :)
>>23549377
Nice! Love a bit of bowie from time to time! At the moment im listening to a mix of dance/metal and kpop XD
>>
>>23549383

Haha, also very nice. You can add me on Kik if you'd like to chat a bit; my username is gloopish
>>
>>23549383
Sounds good :) jdilla414
>>
File: because.gif (376 KB, 245x220) Image search: [Google]
because.gif
376 KB, 245x220
26/m

I hope you guys are having a wonderful morning US-icans.
>>
>>23549358
Nice listening to anything good? 27 m klypto928 if you want to chat :)
>>
>Turing 35 next mouth
>>
>>23549469
It's overcast, about to go to the family's for some Easter brunch.

>that gif
I miss old /v/
>>
>>23549375
23 year old sneaking in to pick up older ladies.
>>
>>23549558
We all do but we have to accept the fact that it's a massive shit hole now.

35/m reporting into the thread. Happy zombie jesus day. Relaxing the day away with my doggies
>>
27/M here. I feel like my life proper didn't begin til 2016.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.