[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Telegram thread. It's a better messaging app than WhatsApp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: telegram.png (4 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
telegram.png
4 KB, 252x252
Telegram thread.

It's a better messaging app than WhatsApp and Kik IMO.
>>
dude, this thread fails every damn day

just use kik
>>
>>23525879
>just give up
>you'll never win
>>
File: Telegram-messenger.jpg (217 KB, 1250x767) Image search: [Google]
Telegram-messenger.jpg
217 KB, 1250x767
@mollymawk
25yo Irish male
>>
>>23525875
I admire your perseverance OP.

More people should use this.
>>
>>23526855
Thanks. I get a huge kickback from Telegram inc. each time I spam it on sites like these.
>jk
>>
File: image.jpg (356 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356 KB, 1280x960
Tfw when you're a permavirgin bcuz you have ED
>>
>>23525879
>just use kik
I am not OP obviously but why use a clearly inferior messaging client?

Are you aware of the elevator experiment? The gist of it is a group wanted to see if they could change the behavior of elevator users in a building. They stood in the elevators of the building they worked in facing the wall, instead of facing towards the door like most people do. Over time, this small but dedicated group affected others who saw them, and more and more people started facing towards the wall when using the elevator, until the time came that facing towards the wall was now normal behavior in the elevators of this building.

What was the point of this? It shows that a small but dedicated minority can sway the general population given enough time and perseverance. Saying shit like "everyone uses kik" is worthless, Telegram is picking up steam and growing much faster.

Now why is telegram so much better than kik?

1) Can use across multiple devices, messages and other content sync
this is the BIGGEST benefit of telegram. The messages are tied to your account, not your device, so you can log out or go to another device and everything will still be there. you can use secret chats to have encrypted messages tied to the device, and even these are better on telegram than on kik because they can self destruct and they have actual encryption
2) can transfer any filetype, 1 gb file size at pretty fast speeds
I use telegram frequently for sending files from my phone to my computer, and documents from my computer to my phone, because its super easy to share photos and other things to yourself and others on telegram
3) better functionality, usability
telegram is just nicer to use compared to kik. it has an open API so you can use whatever client you want, but the official client feels more polished, fast, and smooth compared to kik, and looks a lot better imo. also it has stickers which are legitimately very cool.
>>
File: etXt0[1].jpg (92 KB, 238x1280) Image search: [Google]
etXt0[1].jpg
92 KB, 238x1280
>>23529840
Now you might ask, what do I get if others use telegram? Why would I shill for telegram so hard?

First of all, telegram doesnt make money, its a non profit (I think).

That aside, The more people who switch to telegram, the more people will message me on a secure, functional chat client that is easy to use. I sincerely hope I never have to use kik again, it's disgusted me so much after using something as nice as telegram. kik makes something that should be very nice frustrating and difficult, like having kik on a PC. Why don't they make a PC client? Why dont they allow you to have an account logged in on 2 devices? It's very frustrating to use, at least for me.

Sure, there are other messaging clients that may be better or more secure (like Signal or Wire) but Telegram strikes the perfect compromise between security, usability, and popularity.
>>
>>23529859
>>23529840
Shit I thought I'd commend you on what you said. Thumbs up.
>>
hit me up! @Doumian. Everything welcome
>>
File: IMG_20160107_154839.jpg (179 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160107_154839.jpg
179 KB, 1080x1080
>>23530579
Forgot pic and asl
18/m/Spain
>>
@Tomire
29/bi/m
Happy to chat to anyone about anything! Hmu
>>
22/m/Scotland

@GalacticArcher

I am happy to talk to anybody.
>>
File: c173bf_3931053.jpg (812 KB, 1630x2173) Image search: [Google]
c173bf_3931053.jpg
812 KB, 1630x2173
Jesus bumping Christ
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.