[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with my photo, /soc/? IRL it's easy for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: the_photo.jpg (100 KB, 514x640) Image search: [Google]
the_photo.jpg
100 KB, 514x640
What's wrong with my photo, /soc/? IRL it's easy for me to get even hot girls (don't know whether it's because I'm confident and funny), but on Tinder and such sites I don't get almost any matches. Also on /soc/ I'm not seen as that attractive, which is kinda weird. I'm not expecting to be called a model but considering how well I do with girls in real life, I'd expect people in here would perceive me good-looking as well.
Always when I take photos of myself and post them on social media, my friends say that I look like a pervert or a tryhard lol. Is it true?

People of /soc/, how to become photogenic? Also, give me some tips on my style! Should I lose the stache or not, for example?

Thanks.
>>
Irl <- -> /soc

Mind the gap.
You look fine. Now go and have some fun.
>>
>>23525582
WHY the fuck would you ask a board where 9/10 people are depressed/autistic/have a personality disorder/hate themselves for advice on looking/feeling good?

Stick to real life pal, it's much better.
>>
>>23525736
>>23525773

Well, I suppose you're right. It still sucks if I look bad in photos, I have no idea what I do wrong. I suppose I just can't take proper selfies lol.
>>
>>23525582
You look boring.

not bad looking, you just look like 99% every other tinder profile pic, it's bland and boring.

>dressed up taking a sefie in what I suspect is a bathroom.

it's boring dude, it's been done a billion times before.
>>
>>23527324

You think that might be the reason? I admit it myself, my photos are boring as fuck. But I don't understand why photos make such difference in these dating apps. Do people rather pick a 5/10 with a good photo than an 8/10 with a shitty photo, for example?

What should I do with my photos? I'm seriously the worst at taking photos that bring out my good side lol.
>>
>>23525582
I mean dude you're not conventionally attractive but at least you aren't sloppy looking. You're not that bad off(as evidenced by your own comment about easily getting women in real life).

But honestly I don't know what it is with this board and I was less successful than everyone else I knew on Tinder even after swiping everyone right. I actually get super low rates on here. Like below average even(last few rates I got were 4-4.5). I'm not good with women irl but I've definitely had girls just walk up to me and tell me I'm handsome or cute more than once.

My best guess is pictures just aren't that great a representation of us.
>>
>>23525582
Firstly you look as square as the tiles behind you.... also you have that mild bent look. Also you should get more sleep as you have black circles under your eyes.
>>
>>23525582
Wow this guy looks like he's just taken a load on his lap and he's not happy about it. Seriously smile you might get more attention. Who the hell wants to date a sour puss like that?
>>
i'd just say shave, nicer haircut, and maybe smile. the glasses go good with your facial structure OP. plus, if you're able to do well in real life that's better than being an awkward extremely attractive person online
>>
>>23527526

I agree with you, I know this guy who's at least 9/10 or 10/10 IRL who looks 6/10 the most in his photos. We might think photos don't change us so much but they do. Some guy here even told me I look like a short person in this photo even though I'm 184 cm (6'1).

>>23527545
>>23527550

I suppose I could smile more. I don't know why but I'm always serious in my photos despite smiling IRL all the time. Everyone knows me as that guy who always smiles and has fun, but in photos I just try to look serious. I don't know if I'm trying to make the photos look more meaningful or something.

>>23527562

Yep, I've been thinking of getting rid of the facial hair as well. I'd be just fine with a stubble. And you're right on the last thing.
>>
You're confident and funny, but your picture doesn't show that to me. A smile goes a long way!
>>
File: image.jpg (356 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356 KB, 1280x960
>>
>>23527668

Will do in future photos! :o)
>>
>>23527663
Yeah you do look potentially short in that picture. And now that you've said that it just reinforces why I don't think pictures of an accurate representation of anything.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.