[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people deal with being ugly when they are out in public/interacting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1456927005949.jpg (91 KB, 479x461) Image search: [Google]
1456927005949.jpg
91 KB, 479x461
How do people deal with being ugly when they are out in public/interacting with others?

I tend to end up avoiding people and being anti social. I feel bad people have to be near me/talk to me. Even when i go to class i always pick a spot away from others.

Im a guy and mostly other guys try to talk to me and im ok with it, but i prefer if they didnt. Women never ever speak to me though, i feel really bad if i have to interact with a girl because of the way i look.
>inb4 well anon dont be a fat neckbeard.
>inafter im fit and dont smell at all and mostly clean shaven.

I have to go for job interviews next year so, these answers might help me. Word on the street is in tech they care more about the work you do than anything else, im hoping that plays to my advantage.
>>
>>23424691
Id talk to u. B urself.
>>
>>23424691
Honestly, if you're the type of guy who seeks to fade into the background, dress and act accordingly.

Wear darkish, drab clothing. Or perhaps something more styled yet understated. If this is something you're deeply conscious of, try to keep yourself looking as well groomed and presentable as possible (practice good overall hygiene), without giving off the air that you're trying to impress anyone.

Honestly, smoking is a lifesaver for me in social situations; you appear as if you don't give a fuck about your health/surrounds/peers, and quite frankly, makes you look kind of cool.

Horrendous habit to pick up, though.

But fundamentally, the less you give a fuck, the less you give a f u c k.
I was actually going somewhere with that but I've forgotten - typical.
>>
>>23424846
Cont. but yeah it is your academia that is of the utmost importance - everything else is secondary.

Plus you mightn't look anywhere near as bad as you believe you do (or you could look worse *shrugs*). Regardless, keep your cool. Decent people will judge you on your character, so just make sure that's up to scratch.
>>
>>23424754
lol
>>23424846
>>23424855
ironically pretty much all the cloths i own are dark colored. Yeah im well kept and in shape.

I dont smoke and never will. Im a semi health nut, it will probably get more into being healthy once i move out.

I use to care so much about academics, see in computer science you have 0-2 women in class and the women are not attractive. So you never think about girls. Now i have to take math courses and see girls and realize im ugly as shit and none speak to me. So now i get depressed and my grades are going down.
>>
>>23424691
Homie I'm ugly as sin but I honestly don't give a fuck. That's how I get by happy. You'll realize eventually that your appearance isn't something you can really do much about outside of staying clean and groomed, and people don't really give a fuck. If they do they're not worth the time. Out in public, how many of those people are you ever going to see again? They won't think of you more than 5 seconds after you're out of sight, so who fuckin cares if they give you a look? I've a shitty mohawk and tattoos because that's what I like, and if I could tell you how many people give me sideways looks through the day I'd be out of breath. But it doesn't matter, because they don't matter. Unless those people have something positive to bring you, unless you have something you want to bring to their lives, they don't matter now, the next hour, the next month or the rest of your life. What matters for now, the next hour, the next month and the rest of your life is that YOU are happy.
>>
>>23424691
deal with it until you get older, looks will become less and less relevant, don't fuck up your academics, at any cost, focus on dressing, hygiene and wealth, the absolute best would be to gain confidence from these (or any quality you KNOW you have), confidence solves everything, especially for males
>>
>>23424935
yeah i try not to care, but seeing good looking girls and having none ever speech to you is depressing.
>>23424958
Relevant to? my job? If you mean relevant to getting girls, eh if they dont like me now for my appearance i dont think i want one that wants my money(providing i have any)

yeah i doubt the whole confidence thing, its good for job interviews though
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.